SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

2006 SLK55 AMG 18" LIGHT ALLOY CHROME WHEELS AND TIRES FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and the highest bid is.....$1025.... holy shît.... what did I tell you guys.. I even gave a prive of 1500 to 1800. Now look what happened. You were arguing with me about selling it at 1500 to 1800, but now you have to give it away for 1025. That is way under the value of the rims and tires,,, but they do depreciate since you already drove 800 miles on them. I don't want to start any arguements, but all the people that said I was crazy for 1500 to 1800...what do you have to say about the 1025.... and he has to give it to the guy.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:56 PM

SLK55 AMG, BMW X5 3.0d Sport
Doh ! Thats gotta hurt !
Old 04-05-2006, 02:05 AM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by Easy-SLK
Doh ! Thats gotta hurt !
Can't just leave it alone can you...you say peace has been made and then post an a$$hole remark like this...

you continue to prove you are of ZERO value to this site.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:15 AM

You really are a sensitive chap. My comment was not ridiculing the fact that the wheels only made $1025, it was the fact that its gotta hurt cos the guy that predicted the price was right.
Personally I think, If you want to have a go at anybody, it should be Hustla for rubbing beleriands face in it by posting the told you so response. However, its a free world (pretty much) and I am sure that had Beleriand made $3000 for his wheels and tyres, he'd have been equally quick to point that out too.

Now go and take a chill pill, apologise, and realise that YOUR response is the one that was actually pointless.........
Old 04-05-2006, 02:46 AM

2006 SLK 55
It's not about the money, guys!!

Hey guys, take a chill pill and go for a nice drive in your respective SLKs. I doubt if Beleriand cares about the money. He made that clear. I think he just wanted to get the extra set of wheels out of his garage and give someone else a crack at having an extra set. I bought an extra set from someone and I had winter tires put on them. So what? The point is that i got the extra set for a good price because there is a very limited set of potential buyers out there. I'm glad I got the winter set. It sure beat having to keep my car in the garage all winter.

Beleriand is fortunate to live in an area where he has no use for an extra set of wheels. No need for snow tires in So. Cal. Hopefully, he got them out of his hair, made someone else happy, and can get on with his extremely beautiful and impressively modified BRABUS 55. Okay guys? Get over it. Go drive your cars and have some fun and get off each other's cases!!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:50 AM

SLK55
A tough sell in Cali- Everyone is blinging and pimping. So OEM's are not in demand. Also the rear width leaves alot to be desired. In the east, there may have been more of a preference for the stock/stealth look, but I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with shipping headaches, though. If your time is worth anything you did the right thing!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by fredfromny
A tough sell in Cali- Everyone is blinging and pimping. So OEM's are not in demand. Also the rear width leaves alot to be desired. In the east, there may have been more of a preference for the stock/stealth look, but I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with shipping headaches, though. If your time is worth anything you did the right thing!
Exactly, it's hard to sell anything stock in SoCal, everyone else is trying to get rid of their stock parts. You can get used aftermarket parts for cheap too b/c ppl are always changing their looks/styles. It's tough in SoCal.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:56 AM

SLK55
Originally Posted by Ynot
It's tough in SoCal.
Yeah. Palm trees and sunny days. Beautiful beaches and no dreary snow. I wonder how they can tolerate it
Old 04-05-2006, 03:03 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
Originally Posted by reallife
Hey guys, take a chill pill and go for a nice drive in your respective SLKs. I doubt if Beleriand cares about the money. He made that clear. I think he just wanted to get the extra set of wheels out of his garage and give someone else a crack at having an extra set. I bought an extra set from someone and I had winter tires put on them. So what? The point is that i got the extra set for a good price because there is a very limited set of potential buyers out there. I'm glad I got the winter set. It sure beat having to keep my car in the garage all winter.

Beleriand is fortunate to live in an area where he has no use for an extra set of wheels. No need for snow tires in So. Cal. Hopefully, he got them out of his hair, made someone else happy, and can get on with his extremely beautiful and impressively modified BRABUS 55. Okay guys? Get over it. Go drive your cars and have some fun and get off each other's cases!!
You couldn't be more correct. This whole mess was simply to get the wheels out of my garage. What is an extra $500? A pair of BRABUS floor mats? In reality, I didn't care what they sold for or who bought them. The time when a couple of hundred bucks meant anything to me are - thankfully - long gone. I sold these wheels because I put a fresh set of 19" BRABUS mono S on my modified SLK B55. What the heck do I have to be disappointed about? Because I didn't make an extra couple hundred? That doesn't even match my hourly rate. You obviously underestimate the power of the dark side.

Just FYI though for anyone who might be looking to sell similar wheels, I was offerred up to $2,000 plus shipping for these wheels from buyers in areas other than Southern California. I was also offerred as much as $1,800 from buyers on this forum and others. However, I had already decided not to ship them - I am way too busy for that headache - and I had already started the auction on eBay. So there is a decent market for these wheels if you are willing to sell outside of eBay or ship them to another state. So Hustla's original estimate was actually pretty accurate. Sorry to burst your bubble man. But the only people whose "faces are being rubbed" in anything are those people on this forum - who will remain nameless - who offerred me $1,600 - $1,800 and were willing to pick them up but who didn't bid on my auction. Now that, my friends, is a mystery.

On a scale of 1 to 10 in importance to me, this whole mess ranged a -2. In the end, I even forgot the auction was running and was suprised about the call I got regarding pickup. . I think it is comical that people actually watched the auction to see what it closed for just to say "I told you so." Some people obviously have way too much free time. I didn't even have time to check the auction myself. I should hire people like Hustla to watch them for me. Now there's a marketable skill.

Looking back over this thread, however, I am really embarrassed for us all. This whole thing got blown so far out of proportion. We are all adult men (and I am sure some women) here. We got all bent out of shape over some stock wheels worth less than my dinner bill at Morton's (which I highly recommend if you are ever in Costa Mesa). I was way too eager to fight it out over this. That was silly. It just isn't worth all of the effort. You will never see me doing that again - I have officially put down the sword.

Like realife said, I am going to go out, take a drive with the top down, hug my family and watch the Angels kick some Yankee *** this weekend (season tickets of course). Uh oh, now the Yankee fans will be angry. I guess I just can't win.

Good luck to you all.

Last edited by Beleriand; 04-05-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by ImaHustla
I don't care how new your tires are...they have a little under 900 miles. That is a lot for soft tires. I completely lost all my tread on my rear tires less than 5000 miles. For my second set of rear tires,,,I only have 25% tread left and I only drove less than 2000 miles. I bet you lost 25% of your tread already. Even Bklynbenz thinks the price you want is crazy. I love it how I am your only customer right now and you are turning me away... who gives a shît if it is just the two back tires.... at least you are going to make some money back....Plus I said I might buy all 4 tires (not the chromed wheels)...

Do you realize that the tires on the SLK 55 AMG have no mileage warranty. Do you know why? That's because they are soft tires and the tread can get so low so quick. I just gave you and example of my tires. Even my two different sets of tires lost tread in weird ways... 5000-->0% tread....2000-->25% tread left.... see! It is not going to lose tread on an ever patteren rate, it will lose tread just because it will.

4 brand new tires for the SLK 55 AMG does not cost over $1000 and you have used ones already. Where are you located?

Hmmm, I really beg to differ. I have about 12,000 on my car and the tread is still good. I would say definitely more than 50% left.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:51 PM

Mortons in downtown Indianapolis is recommended too. I get in there on my annual F1 grand prix pilgramage every year. (and Montreal too if anyone wants to meet up)
Old 04-06-2006, 09:19 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
I am seriously contemplating driving the 55 to the grand prix in indianapolis this year if I am in the country. I will PM you when my plans are finalized. Are you driving down?......had to edit, i guess you dont plan on shipping your car over from the UK!!.....
Old 04-06-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JBRhee
Hmmm, I really beg to differ. I have about 12,000 on my car and the tread is still good. I would say definitely more than 50% left.
I have to agree with this dude... if you say average tire life on this tire on an slk55 is 20,000 miles, then someone who doesnt drive all crazy might get those extra miles out of it..

but if you are really intrested in how much tread is left I know Americas Tire Co. has a tire depth gauge for free.. its a wallet sized credit card one..
Old 04-06-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by LETO
I am seriously contemplating driving the 55 to the grand prix in indianapolis this year if I am in the country. I will PM you when my plans are finalized. Are you driving down?......had to edit, i guess you dont plan on shipping your car over from the UK!!.....
Hey, that'll be cool to meet up. You guessed right, I'll probably have one of Alamos finest ! We drove over from New York last year for the weekend, bit of a bummer if you recall what happened !

This year we are flying direct to Montreal for the race, heading to Vegas for a few days then flying over to Indy before heading home on the Monday after the race
Old 04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i am glad to see this thread run its course from start, to argument, to resolution! that is just great! good job guys.

still IBCJ baby!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:34 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Originally Posted by Easy-SLK
Hey, that'll be cool to meet up. You guessed right, I'll probably have one of Alamos finest ! We drove over from New York last year for the weekend, bit of a bummer if you recall what happened !

This year we are flying direct to Montreal for the race, heading to Vegas for a few days then flying over to Indy before heading home on the Monday after the race

Last year was horrible and I would have been pretty pissed if i was there. I was on vacation in India. The only thing positive about that grand prix was the all you can eat kabob and all you can drink beer I had at the hotel I watched the race in.

I know there are rumors to move the grand prix to Vegas or Watkins Glenn (NY), while watkins glenn would be very close to me, I think Vegas would definitely put the US grandprix on the right track. I know, I will be able to convince friends of mine who like cars and know nothing about F1 racing to go to vegas. I think it would be awesome for the sport.

p.s.> i know this is way off topic (but i think this topic is pretty dead).....sorry!