SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

2006 SLK55 AMG 18" LIGHT ALLOY CHROME WHEELS AND TIRES FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
2006 SLK55 AMG 18" LIGHT ALLOY CHROME WHEELS AND TIRES FOR SALE

As many of you know, I have upgraded to BRABUS Monoblock S wheels. As a result, I am selling my stock SLK55 AMG 18" alloy wheels. These wheels only had 872 miles on them when I had them replaced. They have no damage. They come with Pirelli PZERO ROSSO Tires. These wheels are chrome. Here is the fitment.

Front: 7.5 x 18" 225/40 R 18
Rear: 8.5 x 18" 245/35 R 18

Below is a pic of the wheels and tires. I will be listing these on Ebay on Sunday afternoon (March 26, 2006). I just thought I would give you guys first crack at them if you want them.

I will not ship these wheels and tires - too much trouble. If you want to purchase them, you will have to pick them up at my home in South Orange County near Mission Viejo.

I am asking $2,400. Send me a PM if you want to come by and see them. I will give you my number.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 SLK55 AMG 18" LIGHT ALLOY CHROME WHEELS AND TIRES FOR SALE-27_1837604_324200695810pm.jpg   2006 SLK55 AMG 18" LIGHT ALLOY CHROME WHEELS AND TIRES FOR SALE-27_1837604_3242006100126pm.jpg  
Old 03-24-2006, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Thats a little much for stock SLK55 wheels wouldnt you say
Old 03-25-2006, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by blazinginder
Thats a little much for stock SLK55 wheels wouldnt you say
Make an offer then.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:16 PM

I decided to go ahead and list these wheels on ebay. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

Feel free to bid. Remember, these are for pick-up only. No shipping.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

I have an SLK 55 AMG and I also chromed my AMG wheels....

AMG wheels are not popular. That means you can't even sell them close to the price that you bought them for. The tires have 872 miles on it,,, trust me some tread is gone... 100% is not there. You might have like somewhere between 50 to 75% tread left so that brings the value down. They are really soft tires! Brand new stock tires would cost you about $1000 and to get the AMG wheels chromed, that cost $800. Now I don't know how much the AMG stock alloy wheels cost, but no one is going to pay over $2000 for it.

When I went to an auto shop the guy was telling me the most I probably can sell my chromed AMG wheels were 700 to $800 if I was lucky (that is without tires) and if you include your tires,,, which do not have 100% tread, nor 80%...will cost about 800 to $900. so you are looking a price between 1500 and $1700... don't expect over $2000. Plus, it's a bîtch that you are asking for over $2000 and you don't even want to do any shipping.

I might be willing to buy the two rear tires from you. Maybe all four....just the tires not the chromed AMG wheels... where are you located.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by ImaHustla
I have an SLK 55 AMG and I also chromed my AMG wheels....

AMG wheels are not popular. That means you can't even sell them close to the price that you bought them for. The tires have 872 miles on it,,, trust me some tread is gone... 100% is not there. You might have like somewhere between 50 to 75% tread left so that brings the value down. They are really soft tires! Brand new stock tires would cost you about $1000 and to get the AMG wheels chromed, that cost $800. Now I don't know how much the AMG stock alloy wheels cost, but no one is going to pay over $2000 for it.

When I went to an auto shop the guy was telling me the most I probably can sell my chromed AMG wheels were 700 to $800 if I was lucky (that is without tires) and if you include your tires,,, which do not have 100% tread, nor 80%...will cost about 800 to $900. so you are looking a price between 1500 and $1700... don't expect over $2000. Plus, it's a bîtch that you are asking for over $2000 and you don't even want to do any shipping.

I might be willing to buy the two rear tires from you. Maybe all four....just the tires not the chromed AMG wheels... where are you located.
Oh, since you put it that way, sure - I'll pull the tires off of these and just sell them to you. Better yet, I like the idea of ONLY selling you the rear tires so I would have two with tires and two without. That sounds like a great deal. NOT! What do you take me for?

BRABUS would have given me around $1,200 in trade towards my Monoblock S. BRABUS offers the least of anyone on such items. They encouraged me to sell them on eBay to get some more money. I think they are a bit more qualified to value these than you. But thanks for your expertise.

WTF are you talking about - 25% to 50% of the tire tread gone in under 1000 miles! You should see these tires - they are absolutely brand new. I have owned over 20 cars in my life and am not completely brain dead. The dealer sold me a 4 year or 50,000 mile warranty on these wheels and tires that covers road hazards for hell's sake. You are totally bonkers buddy. That would mean new tires every 5,000 miles. Besides - if the tires are so bad, why the hell are you ONLY interested in my tires. There may be a fool born every minute - but I am an old onery bast#rd with little patience.

As for the asking price, it is just a starting price. If you want to negotiate then do so. Don't just whine about it - it makes you look like a nickle-dick. In the end, I would rather donate these to my favorite charity than be swindled out of them by the likes of you. Good riddance.

For everyone else, visit my auction site. The minimum bid is $999. There is a Buy-It-Now price for $1,900.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-25-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Banned

okay...
what I think is funny is that you changed your "buy it now" from $2200 to $1900 after I wrote that post. HMmmm, who knows,,,maybe it wasn't my post that made you change your mind to put it under $2000.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by Beleriand

I am asking $2,400.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:58 AM

okay...
what I think is funny is that you changed your "buy it now" from $2200 to $1900 after I wrote that post. HMmmm, who knows,,,maybe it wasn't my post that made you change your mind to put it under $2000.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Banned

I don't care how new your tires are...they have a little under 900 miles. That is a lot for soft tires. I completely lost all my tread on my rear tires less than 5000 miles. For my second set of rear tires,,,I only have 25% tread left and I only drove less than 2000 miles. I bet you lost 25% of your tread already. Even Bklynbenz thinks the price you want is crazy. I love it how I am your only customer right now and you are turning me away... who gives a shît if it is just the two back tires.... at least you are going to make some money back....Plus I said I might buy all 4 tires (not the chromed wheels)...

Do you realize that the tires on the SLK 55 AMG have no mileage warranty. Do you know why? That's because they are soft tires and the tread can get so low so quick. I just gave you and example of my tires. Even my two different sets of tires lost tread in weird ways... 5000-->0% tread....2000-->25% tread left.... see! It is not going to lose tread on an ever patteren rate, it will lose tread just because it will.

4 brand new tires for the SLK 55 AMG does not cost over $1000 and you have used ones already. Where are you located?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:35 AM
Banned

Oh wow,,, you are located in Ladera Ranch.... Damn man.... First of all.... how many SLK 55 AMGs are there? How many are in California? And How many do you think are in Los Angeles? OHHHHHH, but what about this question.... How many are near the Laguna Beach area. Damn.... you want someone to drive all the way over there to pick them up.... even if I was saving about $500, I still wouldn't drive all the way to Ladera Ranch... that is going to be a 3 hour drive with traffic. Not to mention that is just going to your place... I have to go all the way back from where I came from. Think about shipping.

There is probably only one more SLK 55 AMG near your area. Do you think that person is willing to buy from you anyway. You really have limited yourself down to only about 1 or 2 likely customers... Do you even think that they go on mbworld.org or ebay.com to see if there are any AMG wheels and tires for sale just for the SLK 55 AMG. The closest SLK 55 AMG near me is like 30 to 45 miles.

Man you really need to learn how to sell!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:22 PM

2006 SLK 55
SLK 55 OE wheels and tires

FYI, last December I bought a set of wheels and tires off an SLK 55 for $1800, plus $150 for shipping. They had 8 miles on them. There was mold release still on the tires. In other words they were brand new. They were listed on ebay and the guy had only a few bids. I had the high bid, but the minimum was not reached. It never is for cars or car parts. Check it out, you'll see what I mean. The sellers always overestimate the value of what they are trying to sell. I bid $1600. The guy emailed me and I offered him $1800 plus shipping and he accepted without hesitation. I wanted them for a set of winter tires.

Good luck getting even $1800 for them. There just isn't much demand for these wheels. Forget the tires. Sorry for the bad news.

Edit: Also, if you do sell them off ebay, Don't give out your address or arrange to have someone pick them up at your home. Arrange to meet in a nearby, convenient location like a hotel parking lot just off the interstate. It will be easier for the buyer to find you and you will avoid any future problems with having strangers knowing the location of your home and vehicle. Just a word of advice, not paranoid or anything, but I have a friend who does a lot of ebay business and he advised me to sell my extra lawnmower that way.

Last edited by reallife; 03-26-2006 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 03-26-2006, 02:03 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
I think some people on this forum aren't the brightest light bulbs in the shed.

These rims & tires from MB are $5,113 (with CA tax). Beleriend is asking for $2k (same as myself as I too am selling my rims & tires). Err, that is 60% off the selling price and we are both negotiable. At the end of the day, the differece between * Buyer & Seller is likely a few hundred bucks anyway - hardly something to be *****in' about like some of the posters in this thread). Lord, these are 18" (rare 18 spoke) AMG alloy rims with Pirelli (Y rated) Rossos - not junk you buy at the local Pep Boys.

WHO is burning through tires at 5,000 miles? I've got 600 Hp & 7,000 miles on my S7 & guess what? - 75% of the rear tread life remains. Geezuz, are you an "extra" in a Starsky & Hutch burn out scene?

Just fyi, these rims can be also used on C & E class Benzes (I've seen them on both, and perhaps others - I have not looked into it yet).

I think its odd that people will buy a higher market car like a Mercedes Benz, then WHINE over paying essentially $250/rim for basicly brand new 18" AMG rims (since the tires are a wash - you need to buy them anyway & they are in great shape...I even prorated the tread wear in my sale).

To me its simple. If you don't think something is a good deal, don't buy it. But what value is there in blasting someone because to you, its not the "deal of the century"? Just walk away - why insult a fellow forum member? Life is SHORT. Go buy yourself a chocolate shake & chill out.

See ya,
-Matt
Old 03-26-2006, 02:14 PM

Oh wow,,, you are located in Ladera Ranch.... Damn man.... First of all.... how many SLK 55 AMGs are there? How many are in California? And How many do you think are in Los Angeles? OHHHHHH, but what about this question.... How many are near the Laguna Beach area. Damn.... you want someone to drive all the way over there to pick them up.... even if I was saving about $500, I still wouldn't drive all the way to Ladera Ranch... that is going to be a 3 hour drive with traffic. Not to mention that is just going to your place... I have to go all the way back from where I came from. Think about shipping.

There is probably only one more SLK 55 AMG near your area. Do you think that person is willing to buy from you anyway. You really have limited yourself down to only about 1 or 2 likely customers... Do you even think that they go on mbworld.org or ebay.com to see if there are any AMG wheels and tires for sale just for the SLK 55 AMG. The closest SLK 55 AMG near me is like 30 to 45 miles.

Man you really need to learn how to sell!
You are absolutely hilarious . . . and nuts.

This is the absolutely final word I will say to you in this forum. You don't deserve responses but for the sake of all the other intelligent people in here I will address you.

First, I could care less if I make any money on these wheels. Do you think this is my big income stream? It is logical that I wouldn't make any money on them - they are used and I paid the dealer for them. This isn't about making money. I have a little gig on the side as an attorney that takes care of that.

Second, you would be really shocked at the interest I have gotten in these wheels both in and outside of ebay. I guarantee I will sell these wheels for a reasonable price. I admit that my initial price may have seemed high. But it was just a starting point. That is what negotiation is all about. People who understand business and negotiations realize this and work with it. I'm sorry if the price hurt you because it was outside of your budget, but don't turn that anger on me. Just don't buy them. I confirmed with the dealer that these wheels make up over $5,000 of the price of the car. How can asking $2,400 be such a crazy thing? I think you need to check your facts - or is that not part of the "hustla" way?

Third, and sorry to expose your ignorance on the matter, these wheels will fit on many other MBs than the SLK55. I had 2 people with C230s contact me about the wheels, and several others with E-class cars do the same. BRABUS confirmed that they will fit on a C230 and an E350. So it is not only SLK55 owners in the potential customer pool.

As far as people travelling to pick up an item, this just shows your ignorance about eBay. I have had people drive down from LA or up from San Diego to pick-up all sorts of things from me. I had a guy come down from LA to pick up a LACIE Big Disk hard drive from me he bought for around $500. It happens all the time. But I realize that a "hustla" such as yourself may have a hard time leaving the hood.

Fourth, I have made over 1,500 sales on eBay (only about half have left feedback, but check my Pay Pal stats - it proves it). I have a 99.6% feedback rating. I think that is real world evidence that I know how to sell. What is your feedback rating on ebay?

Finally, the dealer absolutely will give you a warranty on these tires - I purchased it. 50,000 miles or 4 years - and it covers road hazards and user damage! This just shows that you know nothing about MB. What do you drive by the way? From where are you getting all of your experience? I noticed that part of your profile is blank. Enlighten us with what the "hustla" lifestyle can afford.

The fact that you got so worked up is gratifying to me. It means I saw through your game and hit you where it hurts. The funniest part of this is that - no matter how it turns out with these wheels - I will be happy - because YOU WON'T HAVE THEM. The vast majority of people on this forum have sent me PMs willing to make good faith negotiations. You give everyone on here a bad name by making worthless arguments that expose your ignorance and lack of rationality.

I hate to fight in these threads. It proves nothing. People always grow ***** when they hide behind anonymity. I deal everyday in the real world of confrontation and ire. I don't need it during my leisure time. I consider the case closed. But I am happy that I wasn't "hustled" by you.

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-26-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
I think some people on this forum aren't the brightest light bulbs in the shed.

These rims & tires from MB are $5,113 (with CA tax). Beleriend is asking for $2k (same as myself as I too am selling my rims & tires). Err, that is 60% off the selling price and we are both negotiable. At the end of the day, the differece between * Buyer & Seller is likely a few hundred bucks anyway - hardly something to be *****in' about like some of the posters in this thread). Lord, these are 18" (rare 18 spoke) AMG alloy rims with Pirelli (Y rated) Rossos - not junk you buy at the local Pep Boys.

WHO is burning through tires at 5,000 miles? I've got 600 Hp & 7,000 miles on my S7 & guess what? - 75% of the rear tread life remains. Geezuz, are you an "extra" in a Starsky & Hutch burn out scene?

Just fyi, these rims can be also used on C & E class Benzes (I've seen them on both, and perhaps others - I have not looked into it yet).

I think its odd that people will buy a higher market car like a Mercedes Benz, then WHINE over paying essentially $250/rim for basicly brand new 18" AMG rims (since the tires are a wash - you need to buy them anyway & they are in great shape...I even prorated the tread wear in my sale).

To me its simple. If you don't think something is a good deal, don't buy it. But what value is there in blasting someone because to you, its not the "deal of the century"? Just walk away - why insult a fellow forum member? Life is SHORT. Go buy yourself a chocolate shake & chill out.

See ya,
-Matt
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks Matt. It is nice to see that someone on this forum has a level-head. I wil take your advice Matt and walk away as well. I used up way to much energy on this guy. He is just a nickle-dick looking to "husltle" somone. Well, not today gangsta - not today.

Take care Matt.

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-26-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by reallife
FYI, last December I bought a set of wheels and tires off an SLK 55 for $1800, plus $150 for shipping. They had 8 miles on them. There was mold release still on the tires. In other words they were brand new. They were listed on ebay and the guy had only a few bids. I had the high bid, but the minimum was not reached. It never is for cars or car parts. Check it out, you'll see what I mean. The sellers always overestimate the value of what they are trying to sell. I bid $1600. The guy emailed me and I offered him $1800 plus shipping and he accepted without hesitation. I wanted them for a set of winter tires.

Good luck getting even $1800 for them. There just isn't much demand for these wheels. Forget the tires. Sorry for the bad news.

Edit: Also, if you do sell them off ebay, Don't give out your address or arrange to have someone pick them up at your home. Arrange to meet in a nearby, convenient location like a hotel parking lot just off the interstate. It will be easier for the buyer to find you and you will avoid any future problems with having strangers knowing the location of your home and vehicle. Just a word of advice, not paranoid or anything, but I have a friend who does a lot of ebay business and he advised me to sell my extra lawnmower that way.
Thanks for the objective and intelligent post realife. I know you and know that you are really trying to help and give me info rather than "hustle" me. I ALWAYS meet the buyer half-way at a mutually convenient location when I sell items. I NEVER make them come all the way to my home. The most common place I meet people is in the South Coast Plaza parking lot - a huge mall in Costa Mesa nearly 30 miles from my house - but only about 5 miles from my office. That is always good advice.

As far as these wheels go, it really doesn't matter to me. They are becoming more trouble than all of this is worth. I may just give them to my sister to put on her C230.

Take care.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:05 PM

SLK55 AMG, BMW X5 3.0d Sport
Should his name be Bell-end ?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:19 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by Easy-SLK
Should his name be Bell-end ?
Doesn't matter how many times you post it...it still isnt' funny. Keep your day job
Old 03-27-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Falco
Doesn't matter how many times you post it...it still isnt' funny. Keep your day job
Exactly!

Nice SLK and bike by the way! Which gives you the greater "rush" when you gun it?

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-27-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:27 AM

I would think the bike bell-end
Old 03-28-2006, 02:30 AM

Hey, Easy-SLK, let's stop this nonsense. I am sure you are a good guy. If we met, I am sure we would get along. I come in here for relaxation and leisure - not to fight it out with other people. I'm sorry if anything I said offended you. I wasn't aiming to. I certainly don't think I am better than anyone else in here. A little older and wiser because of my own mistakes but not any better. As with cars, it's not the age, it's the mileage.

Let's end this spat here and be cool.

Last edited by Beleriand; 03-28-2006 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:53 PM

Sounds like a plan.......
Old 03-29-2006, 10:33 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by Beleriand
Exactly!

Nice SLK and bike by the way! Which gives you the greater "rush" when you gun it?
Bike...no comparison!!! At 5lb/hp compared to almost 10lb/hp for the slk, you can't even compare! Problem is getting the power to the gorun in 1st and most of 2nd gear...not possible to put it all down...the front jsut comes up!!! but 8k-11 in 2nd and 3rd are absolute rushes!!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:47 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Well I'm late to the party, but was fun catching up...

Yellow R1 good post.

ImaHustla, not sure about your math skills or driving skills with your tire wear "calculations", but I can tell you your negotiation skills suck.

At this point Beleriand wouldn't sell these to YOU if you were offering TWICE his original asking price.

P.S. Beleriand, hadn't posted before to you, but sweet car and I'm happy for you with your mods. Gets me excited again about mine (1 year old) seeing a "newbie" so excited about his.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:37 PM

2005 SL55
Yellow R1, check your PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 SLK55 AMG 18" LIGHT ALLOY CHROME WHEELS AND TIRES FOR SALE