SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Selling my SLK55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling my SLK55

im finishing college and going to work and i dont want to start work in a slk55 so i wanted to sell it for something less flashy...in the end i decided i liked the new lexus Is...i guess bmw 325i or xi is ok too..but my roommate has one too and i dont want to get the same car as him if we get different cars we can swap etc etc... anyways.. i went to 2 dealers..one (Lexus of watertown) said they will give me a call back for a quote to trade in for my slk..which they never did...and then i went to herb chambers ( lexus of norwood).. and they offered only 45000 for my car???????????? i was shocked that they thought that was a fair price for a 06 slk55.. and my car has full options apart from performace 030.. msrp was 69xxx plus 5% tax.. the car is 06 Jan and 4000 miles. and its not like scratched all over. wheels half dead or anything. anyways.i decided to sell myself.. what do you think a reasonable price i can sell it at.. i tried blue book but they dont have 06 slk 55...

so what price do you guys think i should try to list it

06 slk 55 less then 4000 miles
very small blemishes from highway..and i mean you wouldnt see it unless you know where to look and the lighting was right.. you cant see it at all under the sun even wen you know where to look.thats how non obvious it is..
small scratches on the 2 front rims

options
- everythin but performance pkg

Last edited by jing; 04-25-2006 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:16 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by jing
im finishing college and going to work and i dont want to start work in a slk55 so i wanted to sell it for something less flashy...in the end i decided i liked the new lexus Is...i guess bmw 325i or xi is ok too..but my roommate has one too and i dont want to get the same car as him if we get different cars we can swap etc etc... anyways.. i went to 2 dealers..one (Lexus of watertown) said they will give me a call back for a quote to trade in for my slk..which they never did...and then i went to herb chambers ( lexus of norwood).. and they offered only 45000 for my car???????????? i was shocked that they thought that was a fair price for a 06 slk55.. and my car has full options apart from performace 030.. msrp was 69xxx plus 5% tax.. the car is 06 Jan and 4000 miles. and its not like scratched all over. wheels half dead or anything. anyways.i decided to sell myself.. what do you think a reasonable price i can sell it at.. i tried blue book but they dont have 06 slk 55...

very small blemishes from highway..and i mean you wouldnt see it unless you know where to look and the lighting was right.. you cant see it at all under the sun even wen you know where to look.thats how non obvious it is..

options

the roads in boston sux big time... alot of potholes and stupid roads... get the BMW 3 series , best car 2006 ... what do you want more..?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:23 AM

Lamborghini Gallardo, Turbo, SLK 55, E350 4Matic, Xterra
herb and most dealers are full of *****. i would try ebay. thats probably where the 525i that i have will end up.

how about i trade you my 06 525i for it?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW Z3 S/C & 99 Mroadster
way to give into pressure.
I had a really good job before I joined the USAF making over 6 figures. Left to be an officer. SHow up and get the.... "Thats a bit much of a LTs car dont you think" from a Col. I said well sir I sold the other 2 BMWs I had so Im actaully doing quite well.... he was speechless.
If you like your car KEEP IT. Tell them you busted your *** in college to get it... and if anything your work ethic should impress them... not your car.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:26 AM

options

Selling a used car over 50k is always tougher, since you can't organize a trade in of the potential buyers car. Nonetheless, that car should get 55,000 easy if you are patient. Someone is also getting a hell of a deal buying that car under 60k....good luck!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by J10B
way to give into pressure.
I had a really good job before I joined the USAF making over 6 figures. Left to be an officer. SHow up and get the.... "Thats a bit much of a LTs car dont you think" from a Col. I said well sir I sold the other 2 BMWs I had so Im actaully doing quite well.... he was speechless.
If you like your car KEEP IT. Tell them you busted your *** in college to get it... and if anything your work ethic should impress them... not your car.
I have to agree with what J10B said. Jing if you like your car keep it, don't be ashame to own such a beauty whether you earn it or not. It's not your fault your parents are rich and or you worked hard for it. If it feels that weird, the BMW or Lexus will not help either, just keep it and get a japanese beater, cheap and reliable to ride to work. You will not get much for a used SLK55 and will regret selling it
Old 04-28-2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ynot
I have to agree with what J10B said. Jing if you like your car keep it, don't be ashame to own such a beauty whether you earn it or not. It's not your fault your parents are rich and or you worked hard for it. If it feels that weird, the BMW or Lexus will not help either, just keep it and get a japanese beater, cheap and reliable to ride to work. You will not get much for a used SLK55 and will regret selling it
yeah i agree..i guess ill buy another toyota camary or something...the lose of the slk would pay for the camary
Old 04-29-2006, 08:24 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
i dont like taking my mercs to work. I drive my mini cooper instead. It just creates bad karma in the work environment. People just tend to react negatively to material possesions (is what I have noticed). Look into the cooper, while it is significantly less powerfull than the SLK, it has incredible steering feel and grip. It is good on gas and pretty good in snow as it is a FWD.....and it has all the amenities found in Merc and BMW. It just makes for a great daily driver.

You will want to kill yourself if you start driving some japanese family barge after having the SLK. Look into cars that still have a good feel from the drivers perspective. The Honda Fit and Toyoyta Yaris both look promising as well (although, i dont know if they are going to be cheap and nastly looking on the inside).
Old 04-29-2006, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
yeah i agree..i guess ill buy another toyota camary or something...the lose of the slk would pay for the camary
Great, keep the SLK, with the money you will save, you can get a used Scion, good fuel economy and noone will talk about you at work.

LETO:
Your are right about people acting negative to materialistic possesions, a coworker at work told me another coworker (who drives a S2000) said I was showing off when I drove to work with the top down in 40 degree weather. Good thing he replied back, "I don't think he was showing off, he has that airscrarf thing to keep him warm, unlike you." Good thing it's just a couple of ppl and I don't really care what they think.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Almost a Member!

I have a 95 Neon for my daily beater. My SLK is for the weekend only. I cant bring myself to use it as a daily car. Too many uninsured and unlicensed idiots on the road.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
My Daily Car is the ML320 with 190,000km mileage and the weekend car is the SLK55 which I keep driving alot right now I cant let it go!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:52 PM

2005 E55, 1959 220s Cabriolet, some other stuff too...
Sell your SLK and get a used Toyota Camry pay all your debts off and buy a house.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 AM

2006 SLK55 AMG
4,000 miles and you want $69k ? i paid $69 for mine NEW... 13 miles on it...
Old 05-02-2006, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by nishi
4,000 miles and you want $69k ? i paid $69 for mine NEW... 13 miles on it...
um..i said msrp was 69k.. meaning thats was the price for the car when i bought it.. im not selling it for 69k.. im selling for high 50s...
Old 05-02-2006, 12:23 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG
oh i see yea that seems reasonable... GOGOGO people, buy it