Just put my order in Netstar.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Just put my order in Netstar.

I just got back from my dealer, and put in my order in Netstar for a SLK55 AMG.

Few things I noticed:
No Parktronic -

Iridium Silver
Red/Black Interior
Lighting Package
Entertainment Package

I did not get the Comfort package, because all that had was the Phone and... Airscarf?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Airscarf standard on the new SLK's? Especially the AMG?
Old 07-19-2004, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Oh, and I was told a delivery date of October/November

On the good side, I noticed I was #1 in the top left, meaning that I was #1 at the dealer.. just good to know
Old 07-19-2004, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
One thing I just noticed, my Netstar order form says exactly this under Packages:

420 Entertainment Package
319 319 Lighting Package

And under the MY05 SLK PDF I have, it says that "320" has the Navigation, and "420" does not.. but my sales guy said it did have the Navigation standard on the AMG...

Can anyone help me?

Marcuz Benz, could you please help on this one??
Old 07-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Navigation is not standard on the SLK55! However, the COMAND head unit will be the same in a car with and without the navigation. I will be similar to the W211 cars and have the same unit in the front even when the car does not have GPS!!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Thanks!

First thing I'm doing tomorrow is calling my dealership, *****ing at them, and then changing the order...

I might just sleep on it and skip the *****ing

Thanks again!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:10 AM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
options

Dinko,
the Airscarf is NOT standard on the AMG. The reason the comfort package isn't available is because the AMG comes standard with the power seats w/ memory which on the 350 you still have to get extra. But the airscarf is an option item. Same for the phone - it's NOT part of the comfort package, but it's own (expensive!) item.

The 320 is the headunit with the LARGE display and the DVD Nav. The 420 has a smaller screen; it's still Navigation, but no map; it just shows arrows and and there's no DVD Player (I drove this one in Germany last months). Obviously you can get EITHER 320 or 420, but not both (320 being the 'better' one).

The lighting package is basically bi-xenons with wiper washer. All the ambient and interier lighting package is part included in the AMG, part premium package.

Congrats on getting your order in !
I am wondering if there's a chance the dealers will be able to sell before the official sales start of the AMG (November 4th) even if they should get it prior....

Best,
Dan.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
I will definately change my order tomorrow to 320! It was my original plan to get the car with DVD Navi, and that is how it will be.

What is the decade of your build date?

Mine is 091 - Meaning, first 10 days of September. I should get the car in October?
Old 07-20-2004, 08:04 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Hi Dinko,
again, congrats on your order ! Very exciting!!!

The 420 isn't bad - as I said, I drove one last month in Germany and it worked very well - but with the 320 you get a bigger screen and a map. Also, it played DVD movies (that's stock!!), though I am not sure that'll be the case with the US spec. Anyway, good choice ! Quote fast, too. The one in my 99 911 is a dog in comparison. Oh well, technology moves fast ;-)

I have to call my dealer on my build date - as you know it takes a bit after the netstar input for MB to assign it - wonder if you'll beat me ;-)

In any case, the delivery of these takes about 30-45 days from the day of build. I am not sure how long they take, but the final montage is in Bremen, and they are shipped from Bremerhaven just to the north. I would think it'll get here in October, though probably toward the end. If it beats the Nov 4th day, maybe you can talk your dealer into giving it to you 'early' :-)

Best,
Dan.

Originally Posted by dinko
I will definately change my order tomorrow to 320! It was my original plan to get the car with DVD Navi, and that is how it will be.

What is the decade of your build date?

Mine is 091 - Meaning, first 10 days of September. I should get the car in October?