SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK55 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Aren't you the guy that drives a 170 Hp 4 banger SLK in Singapore but offers commentary with zero practical experience (ie working knowledge) of a high horsepower car?

-Matt
Hi Matt you are the guy who drives an clapped out old rx7 with your sticker collection pasted down the side and dreams about his wife's car because she has a decent job and can afford it whilst you just sponge off her scraps and do the laundry. :p

Yes i live in Singapore, yes i have a SLK, no it is not the 170hp model and it is not my only car.

Nice school boy try on the cost for supercharging an existing 3 valve vs buying a new 4 valve SLK55 but Matt you need to think what would each of these car be worth when the modified 3 valve 5 speed is 3 years old and the stock 4 valve 7 speed is 18 months old. Now son on ya bike and back to days of our lives and the ironing :p

Last edited by JohnSLK; 04-13-2005 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:07 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by JohnSLK
Hi Matt you are the guy who drives an clapped out old rx7 with your sticker collection pasted down the side and dreams about his wife's car because she has a decent job and can afford it whilst you just sponge off her scraps and do the laundry. :p

Yes i live in Singapore, yes i have a SLK, no it is not the 170hp model and it is not my only car.

Nice school boy try on the cost for supercharging an existing 3 valve vs buying a new 4 valve SLK55 but Matt you need to think what would each of these car be worth when the modified 3 valve 5 speed is 3 years old and the stock 4 valve 7 speed is 18 months old. Now son on ya bike and back to days of our lives and the ironing :p
This is all you can say? There are the same ignorant comments you got beat down in on your old thread (along with the statement an SLK55 is not a Sports Car....what a CLASSIC!). You apparently need to get educated, AGAIN. Here is a summary for your ignorant 170 Hp lawn mower driving azz:

1) You don't own (nor will you ever own) an SLK55, or any other car with
more than a squirrel under the hood. Geezus, my FAMILY car has more
power than your SLK.

2) Since when is a mint 360 RWHP twin turbo RX-7 that traps mid 11's at
at over 120mph, pulls over 1.1G on the skidpad, & is tracked at Laguna
Seca, " "? Its a race car, Genius. BTW, it has no stickers, just
raw horsepower, which is something your 170 Hp 4 banger
girlie car can't claim. Oh wait!..you have the tire smoking, pavement
scorching, rubber destroying 1997 "185 Hp" model! Oh my!

3) Since when did you learn about my household income?
Hey, maybe you can tell all of us on the Forum how much each of us
is making?
We have someone whom is now "clairvoyant" amongst us! Brilliant.
Hey Bucky, put away the fortune cookies. You have ZERO idea how
much any of us make. But, for the sake of making you look like an azz,
me & my wife are both deep in 6 figures .

4) "Now son on ya bike and back to days of our lives and the ironing :p[/QUOTE]" WHAT is that?! Are you trying to communicate?

5) Not only can you not punctuate, you can't do math. I'll do this real slow
for you:
A) 18 months from now, an SLK55 will be (guess what?!)...18
months old! (not 3 yrs).

B) We don't intend to "sell" our car, but if we did, it would fetch
MORE money than a stock SLK because its WARRANTIED.

I hope you don't handle money in your career. You are not much of a finiancial Giant, are you?

-Matt
Old 04-13-2005, 11:36 PM

Bicycle
well, 05 SLK55 produced in 2004. 18 months from now 05 SLK55 will be 3 years old. JohnSLK, I think you did your Algebra I correctly.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Matt,

Disappointing and boring... not as funny as you teaching me how to spell Kleenman - incorrectly or the sad *** stuff you posted many months back.

You clearly can't read so i have made this short

Now Matt please try again, watch your blood pressure and keep a spoon handy

BTW does your rx7 have a fart pipe to go with the stickers
Old 04-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by CaptJak
well, 05 SLK55 produced in 2004. 18 months from now 05 SLK55 will be 3 years old. JohnSLK, I think you did your Algebra I correctly.
Thanks CaptJak.

Matt first you try and teach me to spelling - incorrecty and then you try to teach me math - incorrectly

There is really no need to provide further proof that you are an IDIOT but i doubt this will stop you... oh well you are ammusing, sometimes...

Last edited by JohnSLK; 04-14-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:41 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Thanks CaptJak.

Matt first you try and teach me to spelling - incorrecty and then you try to teach me math - incorrectly

There is really no need to provide further proof that you are an IDIOT but i doubt this will stop you... oh well you are ammusing, sometimes...
Now you have resulted in name calling? Yet another sign of maturity.
BTW, "prove" is a VERB, "proof" is Direct Object. You might also want to use a few commas, ","? Did you graduate from high school?

And, for further laughs, you have found another Genius (with 2 posts yet!) which ACTUALLY agrees that in 1.5 years (that would be 18 months Einstien), time will "warp" & be 3 years from the present. Ohhhh, yaaaa. That makes complete sense!

Amusing? That would be YOU. Lets run run down your brilliant deductions, all of which have been crushed, so we can laugh some more at you:

1) A blown SLK55 with a LSD is less safe than a blown SLK55 with no LSD. Result: WRONG. An SLK55 has TRACTION CONTROL which prevents (guess what?)...."A loss of traction!"....Ding! Ding! Ding!....We have a Winner!!

2) From a prior post (a real Gem of one at that), "An SLK55 is not a sports car". THAT was a classic. A rear wheel drive, tuned V8 with 355 horsepower, 2 seat convertable, 18"/40 series aspect ratio YR rated tires, and a tuned suspension was NOT a sports car! Geezus son, you don't know much about sports cars. Oh wait, you can share some of your tire smoking 185 Hp '97 SLK experiences with us! What an absolute BEAST!

3) An '05 SLK55 purchased in (guess what, the year 2005!) will be 3 years old in, yes....you guessed it.....18 months! We ask, "how is this possible"? Well, "JohnSLK",.... has discovered TIME TRAVEL!

Well, there are more brilliant statements from "JohnSLK" (ie an '05 SLK55 with a $15k warrantied blower install will cost more than buying a stock SLK55 & then "trading up" to a newer 410 Hp version in 3 yrs), but I think we get the picture. Absolutely comical.

-Matt
Old 04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Now you have resulted in name calling?

Did you graduate from high school?

From a prior post (a real Gem of one at that), "An SLK55 is not a sports car".

-Matt
Name calling - well you can allude to something in a poofy whimpy way like you do in your posts or just say it like i choose too not sorry if this does not follow your thin social protocols :p

Gee Matt again thanks for all the advice but you should check how "Einstein" and "convertible" is spelt b4 giving lessons

Now you say that i said quote "An SLK55 is not a sports car". Where, provide a link... put up or conceed you are an IDIOT who can't read. Got the ***** Matt? Yep im laughing at you

Last edited by JohnSLK; 04-14-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:34 PM

2005 SLK55 2003 Acura MDX
O.K. I promise not to get the LSD or ask anyone anything about it! You guys are killing each other! I love that famous line "Can’t we all just get along" or some crap like that!

Name calling - well you can allude to something in a poofy whimpy way like you do in your posts or just say it like i choose too not sorry if this does not follow your thin social protocols :p

Gee Matt again thanks for all the advice but you should check how "Einstein" and "convertible" is spelt b4 giving lessons

Now you say that i said quote "An SLK55 is not a sports car". Where, provide a link... put up or conceed you are an IDIOT who can't read. Got the ***** Matt? Yep im laughing at you
Old 04-15-2005, 11:20 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55

i dink yoz iZ an IDIOT & i can spelt just fine. u cantz teaches me hos 2 spelt cuz itz correct.

Now, ....you regressed to name calling like a 2 year old. You got called on it & got slammed. You dug your own hole on that one, but you are good at digging your own holes (they get deeper with each post - just like the last thread - you are so easy to crush). Hey, maybe if I color & enlargen my font when I call someone a name it will make me appear more intelligent! Brilliant.

*****? Hey Genius, you ever fought & killed bad guys for your country on foreign soil? THAT takes *****. Trading verbal barbs with an internet 2nd grader is amusement, at best.

You are a little kid who has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to performance cars. You don't own an SLK55 (who knows WHY you are on the SLK55 forum?), you don't have a clue to its basic technology (ie "traction control ring a bell?), you regress to name calling when you lose a debate, & then try & threaten someone that you are "laughing at them"? Are you f-ing kidding me? You are an absolute JOKE.

I hate to bring you up on current events, but your little 2 cent "185 Hp opinion" on performance issues has ZERO credence. You drive a girlie car that has the power of a hamster.

Pls post a pic of that BEAST of an SLK (all 185 Hp!)

-Matt
Old 04-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Matt it's simple I think you are full of your a smart *** and have an ego problem

You go around giving spelling and math lessons that are wrong and saying people said things they did not for example you have stated that I have posted quote "An SLK55 is not a sports car".

Matt it's this simple put up or shut up... same as a my last post… if you can show me where I posted this I will apologise and leave this board. If you can't then apologise and carry on as normal. Up to you Matt.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Lightbulb Just a quick note here about the Brabus 6.1 upgrade and weight...

I haven't read all of the responses, so I don't know if anyone's already mentioned this, but I doubt that the Brabus 6.1 liter engine upgrade adds any weight at all. It's natural to assume that a bigger engine equals more weight, but keep in mind that the changes are limited to the pistons, connecting rods, and crankshaft. In order to increase the displacement from 5439 cc to approx. 6100 cc, the pistons only need to be a couple millimeters wider, and the connecting rods a couple millimeters longer. Also, most aftermarket pistons and connecting rods are lighter than stock compnents. With that in consideration, and the fact that an engine over-bore removes some of the cylinder liner, I think it stands to reason that the 6.1 conversion may even be ever so slightly lighter (We're talking grams here, so no real weight savings).

Now does Brabus actually add anything to the driveline to help it cope with the extra power? I don't believe they do, as the stock driveline is more than capable of handling the additional power that the 6.1 and even the 6.1S provide. Anyway, I just thought that I would mention this...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 04-17-2005, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Excellent! Now that the Brabus engine has been mentioned, i have a question that has been bugging me for months now!

When I got my M5 a year and half ago, i bumped into a brabus SL6.1 and ended up the clear winner after several runs on the highway!!! Since then, the owner of this brabus SL6.1 ( which in stock form was an SL500 ) is claiming he's installed the kleeman kompressor!

Question... Can a kleeman kompressor be installed on a 6.1 brabus engine? And is so, which kompressor would that be? The one used for the 5.0 litre V8, or the 5.5 litre AMG????

Thanks
Old 04-17-2005, 07:30 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes. Last year I saw Kleemann install their 5.5L kit on a G class Brabus 6.1L.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Does MB sell "crate" motors like GM and Ford does? If so another alternative could be the 5.5L 400hp+ and 6.3L 4 valve 500hp MB V8s.

Does anyone know what the current price for MB 5.5K na and supercharged motors are, if they are available?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:25 PM

SLK55, Mustang 480hp, CBR600rr
Err, you put bigger rims/tires (and DRs if necc) as well as a limited slip differntial. No traction problems.

The F1 Saftey Car has 265s in the rear. You can fit 275s in the rear, but thats about the limit or the tire starts sticking outside of the rear wheelwell/bodywork.

-Matt
Err, sorry 275s in the rear with a car that has 500hp is a joke. Even with drag radials its hard to get the car to hook up. hence, why you see cars like the Viper with 335s.

limited slip diff isn't that great either need something like a locking rear-end like a Auburn Pro.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:59 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Ppower
Err, sorry 275s in the rear with a car that has 500hp is a joke. Even with drag radials its hard to get the car to hook up. hence, why you see cars like the Viper with 335s.

limited slip diff isn't that great either need something like a locking rear-end like a Auburn Pro.
Traction control is a wonderful thing. If an AMG SL65 with 604 Hp & 738 ft lbs can run 11.90s on 255/19"s, an SLK55 with a slightly wider & stickier footprint & a LSD to boot (using the same traction control technology) will likely accelerate a bit more quickly. Tire footprint & compound are key, but a LSD & traction control do wonders for an ET. A LSD alone on an SL65 cut 5/10s off its 0-60 time (according to Bruce Canepa, the owner of a local speed shop that also performs Kleemann blower installs down the road from me). http://www.canepa.com/Home.asp

See ya,
-Matt
Old 04-29-2005, 09:53 PM

SLK55, Mustang 480hp, CBR600rr
Traction control is a wonderful thing. If an AMG SL65 with 604 Hp & 738 ft lbs can run 11.90s on 255/19"s, an SLK55 with a slightly wider & stickier footprint & a LSD to boot (using the same traction control technology) will likely accelerate a bit more quickly. Tire footprint & compound are key, but a LSD & traction control do wonders for an ET. A LSD alone on an SL65 cut 5/10s off its 0-60 time (according to Bruce Canepa, the owner of a local speed shop that also performs Kleemann blower installs down the road from me). http://www.canepa.com/Home.asp

See ya,
-Matt
ah, 11.90s for 600hp isn't that impressive... Now if he was doing 10s that would be. All traction control does is cut back your HP, so really there isn't a point in having the hp if traction control takes over.

"Tire footprint & compound are key"

Totally agree on that, problem is many over look that and skimp on tires then wonder why they get owned at stop light by a WRX with just a couple of mods.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:57 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Ppower
ah, 11.90s for 600hp isn't that impressive... Now if he was doing 10s that would be. All traction control does is cut back your HP, so really there isn't a point in having the hp if traction control takes over.

"Tire footprint & compound are key"

Totally agree on that, problem is many over look that and skimp on tires then wonder why they get owned at stop light by a WRX with just a couple of mods.
SL65s run 11.90s stock (no LSD which drops .5 sec from 0-60 alone) & it weighs 1,100 lbs more than an SLK55. I'd guesstimate an SLK with the same power would run consistent low 11s on street tires (its the LSD + the traction control + wider rubber which will all contribute to getting the power to the ground efficiently).

-Matt