SLK 350 In Dallas, Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350 In Dallas, Texas

Hi Everybody,

On Saturday morning I wakeup and I decided to go and see my dealership to check on my order SLK55. As I parked my car I saw their SLk 350 demo and the color was Iridium Silver, so I took it for a test drive. The car is fantastic and any body how is getting their car soon lucky you all and enjoy the drive.

I use to be the 3rd on the list to get my Slk55 and now I am pushed to be the 8th on the list because of the owner orders but it's ok which mean I will get my car in April or May just for the summer.

The only thing I am confused about is the color. Iridium or Diamond Silver

Iridium Sliver is a dark sliver it is a nice color but every Mercedes in the street have the same color.

Diamond Silver it is like sliver with a blue shine on it, I like the color but the dealership said it is a very girly color.

I do not know where to go
Help please
Thank you
Old 09-07-2004, 12:25 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
nice business practices....

Are you kidding ?
They are telling you they just bumped you from 3rd to 8th (if that was the truth to begin with) for 'owner orders' ?

Three words: Change The Dealer !!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 12:26 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
PS,
I drove a Telluride for a week (Diamond in the US). I actually think it's pretty cool; it's a very 'cool' silver (blueish tint as you say), I don't think it's that 'girly'. Besides, if YOU like it, who cares. Didn't they show you a color sample ??

Best,
Dan
Old 09-07-2004, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Alibaba it's interesting you should mention that you have been bumped. I was #1 on the list at that dealership for an SLK55 and I have been bumped to #6. Although they told me a different story.

I was told that there was a mistake and I was really #6 all the time even though I put my deposit in last year and was assured on many seperate occasions I was 1st all the way up until July when it suddenly and drasticly changed. I had someone else call the same day and they were told if they put a deposit down that they would be #9. I found it strange that they would have 5 orders long before the car was even announced, but only get in 2 orders several months after everything was known about it. That dealership is playing games with our orders.

As far as the 350 goes, I drove that on Friday and it was an excellent car and I liked it much better than my current SLK 32 AMG. The handling was far better than the 32 AMG, though obviously not as quick. The interior was much improved and the seats were more comfortable. However, I would advise anyone against buying that particular demo though as I put it through its paces quite well if you know what I mean.

Last edited by bfnnrgn; 09-07-2004 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:53 PM

M3
What dealer is that? I am told that I am "number one" on a Dallas dealer's SLK55 list yet they have also said that "the first ten people are equal". What the heck does that mean? These Dallas dealers seem to be making up the rules as they go.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I think your dealers are taking smack. I say try a new dealer outside Dallas. Perhaps someone should beat some common sense into them.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Jammer, I wasn't going to name names but since the dealerships appear to be less than honest and upfront then I guess it doesn't matter. The dealership I have my deposit at is Ewing Autohaus in Plano. I'm thinking of just telling them to get lost and go somewhere else. I bought several new cars from them in the past 2 years alone, I would think they would treat their repeat customers a little better.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Almost a Member!

the dealership do not care about anyone because the know that their is high demand for the car so if you cancel somone else will take it.

P.S MB profit is down by 8% I think it is time to lower their prices to sell more. Eventhough Mb in the USA is one the cheapest in the world.