SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

List Your Problems For The SLK55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just dropped my 55 off yesterday. Metal to metal squeeky sound coming from behind my left ear in the back. Sounds like suspension is loose as well as suspension seems to rattle to much on the driver side when going over bumps. To top it off I'm used to metallic brakes but these make way too much noise. Having them checked as well. The only solace is I'll be out of town all week, so they might as well have it until I return. It's a shame I've only got 270 miles on the damn thing.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:32 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Air pump diverter valve

This pump must be situated near the passenger seatbelt area then? Or in the immediate vicinity? Could you give me some more intel on this item so i can get the workshop to check it out. Thanx.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:34 PM

2005 SLK55 2003 Acura MDX
That is the first thing I checked. I also opened and closed the roof several times. I emptied all the storage compartments and opened and closed their doors several times and etc.

But as I said the sudden loss of power steering is my major concern. When I am driving I suddenly loose the power steering somewhere between 70% to 80%!?! The steering wheel becomes extremely tight; very hard to turn! I have to pull over and restart the car and the problem disappears! The first time I thought the power steering oil was leaking or because of the cold weather the viscosity had gone up. So, I drove to the service department and when I restarted the car to show them the problem there was no problem. I looked like an idiot and no one believed me! Since then they have not been able to replicate the problem! And since then every time this problem comes back I am very far from a service department and it is very dangerous to drive without power steering. Next time I will call their mobile service and just leave the car running!

Originally Posted by cubby2000
I had a noise on the passeger side and I found that it was the metal seatbelt buckle hitting the hard part on the side just opposite the upper part of the back of the seat. Just pull the buckle down and pull the seatbelt over the edge of the seat. I noticed this because if I had a Passenger, it never made a sound. Hope this helps.