SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: Priceless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
you mean like this guy?

BklynBenz, I'm just wondering... Wasn't Jayhawk the guy who was pissed you said "Are you some kind of Retard," in an older thread I think titled 'Closed Threads' I really think this is the reason why. Poor guy, lets leave him alone.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

or we could just ad him to the mb personals...
Old 03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by blume
or we could just ad him to the mb personals...
Git 'er done!
Old 03-24-2006, 04:28 PM

03' Merc G-500, 04' Merc S-600 AMG, 95' Merc E-320 Cab, 05' Jaguar Super V8, 00' Jaguar XK8
Originally Posted by shahedC
Hey, it's not what you think.

Check out my original SLR thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/slr-mclaren-c199/140312-my-first-slr-pic-some-wishful-thinking.html

Then look at this "Priceless" thread as a follow-up to that SLR thread. It's pretty funny actually, at least everyone involved in that thread are having a good time with it.
Oh, it was a joke? I only read into this thread and thought it was another kid bragging about how daddy bought him a 450000 dollar car. My bad.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:45 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by ClayJ
That is about as far as I have gotten with my understanding of the peculiar dynamic, I think, at this point in time....
And this is as far as I have gotten with my understanding of the peculiar ClayJ dynamic............................... :liar:
Old 03-27-2006, 10:45 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by ClayJ
5 wharehouses full, actually -- but I am only going to post a couple of dozen cars.... LOL

"Ownage" on this site, IMO, is too much like Bush's Victory in Iraq claim of a couple years ago -- highly premature, and unwarranted - perhaps even worse than that....

But then again...I've had a worse experience of it, perhaps, than some others....

He didn't say we won. The Carrier he visited was coming back from its 6 month stint in the Gulf & nailed every target identified, thus the "Mission Accomplished" on the conning tower. People & the media are just ignorant when it comes to what took place (take events out of context & then magnify it). The President had ZERO to do with the above banner. It was the Carrier's banner & they ALWAYS post a slogan like that when coming home. Guys in one of our F-14 squadrons (VF-84) had, "2 Men..2 Phoenix, 2 Sidewinders, Too Bad"! on shirts, etc. The Navy community (like all our Forces) kicks azz & are proud of it. End of tirade.

-Matt
Old 03-27-2006, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
He didn't say we won. The Carrier he visited was coming back from its 6 month stint in the Gulf & nailed every target identified, thus the "Mission Accomplished" on the conning tower. People & the media are just ignorant when it comes to what took place (take events out of context & then magnify it). The President had ZERO to do with the above banner. It was the Carrier's banner & they ALWAYS post a slogan like that when coming home. Guys in one of our F-14 squadrons (VF-84) had, "2 Men..2 Phoenix, 2 Sidewinders, Too Bad"! on shirts, etc. The Navy community (like all our Forces) kicks azz & are proud of it. End of tirade.

-Matt
Well said Matt!

Some original thinking for a change.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:39 AM
ON PROBATION

That was well said...but that wasn't what I was referring to. I pretty much ignore the sloganeering from both the Media and the politicians.....
Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
What kind of banner do you think they should have been flying at that time?
We stomped Sadam's *** and his mother of all wars in a matter of few days with 0 loses.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:42 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 AMG G63, 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
Originally Posted by Yellow R1

-Matt
Well said, indeed, but the ship in question (the USS Abraham Lincoln) was returning from an extended deployment of 10 months, not 6. They had been on a 6 month deployment that was extended when the war began. While Bush was on board to announce the end of major combat operations in Iraq (which were, in fact, successful), the banner was in reference to the SHIP's mission, and as stated above, their's was a successful deployment.

The crew of that ship had every right to hang that banner and be proud of what they accomplished, they EARNED it. The tendency of the President's enemies to exploit the event for political gain is deplorable, and underscores their contempt for the very people who defend their ability to do it. Politics is bloodsport, but it shouldn't be at the expense of regular folks, doing their job, some of them making the ultimate sacrifice. End of my tirade
Old 03-28-2006, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Freedom is not free

It's a shame how many people ignore this fact.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:13 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by v8plus4
Well said, indeed, but the ship in question (the USS Abraham Lincoln) was returning from an extended deployment of 10 months, not 6. They had been on a 6 month deployment that was extended when the war began. While Bush was on board to announce the end of major combat operations in Iraq (which were, in fact, successful), the banner was in reference to the SHIP's mission, and as stated above, their's was a successful deployment.

The crew of that ship had every right to hang that banner and be proud of what they accomplished, they EARNED it. The tendency of the President's enemies to exploit the event for political gain is deplorable, and underscores their contempt for the very people who defend their ability to do it. Politics is bloodsport, but it shouldn't be at the expense of regular folks, doing their job, some of them making the ultimate sacrifice. End of my tirade
My bad - didn't know Honest Abe was doing triple time. Thanks for the post - agree 100%

-Matt
Old 03-28-2006, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
wow.....this thread certainly has been enjoyable...and took more turns than the
infamous Seinfeld luggee. it was great entertainment with my morning coffee.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by ONE SICK SLR
Bklynbenz
I have Modena 360 F1 at my house in Italy.
As for LI/NYC Meets Let me know when they are maybe I will come to some of them with the SLR.

Damn!!! You & Jr. causing trouble over here? Even I am quiet over here on this site.... Got my new mill this week and she is going in Slim today so I will post pics tomorrow... You get Big Max together yet?
Looking around here for some upgrades to the E55... hoping to bump it up to about 520HP..... You going to run in the Jacksonville Run? JC and I will be there all week. See you soon!

Masher