SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: SLRs for sale at dealerships

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 S55
SLRs for sale at dealerships

There are apparently several SLR's at authorized dealers available, all at MSRP.
Does anyone here have any current pricing info for lightly used cars? I know that wholesalers are not offering more than $375K these days, based on info from a S. Cal broker I have used for several cars over the past 10 years.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Rural Kentucky

There is a new one for sale here in rural Kentucky. Appears to be at sticker. WTF??? Authorized dealer and the same one that could not get me a build slot for a CLS55.......
Old 04-13-2006, 10:00 PM

Bentley Continental GT 2004
This car is new and was for sale at Mercedes Benz Classics when they hosted a few of us for drinks and dinner one evening in late October 2005. It is absolutely gorgeous in the metal!
Attached Thumbnails SLRs for sale at dealerships-slr1.jpg   SLRs for sale at dealerships-slr2.jpg   SLRs for sale at dealerships-slr3.jpg   SLRs for sale at dealerships-slr4.jpg   SLRs for sale at dealerships-slr.jpg  

Last edited by hcwong; 04-13-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:04 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
There is a new 05 in May's Dupont on page 168 that is at Helms Bros. Mercedes that says MSRP 455,750 Sale price 375k. 80k discount for an 05, not bad.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:10 AM

something fast
I have seen brand new 2006's selling for $60K-$65K off sticker. alex what colors are you looking for? i can check witha a few wholesalers i know that get offered slr's from time to time.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:42 AM

'03 S55
Originally Posted by ajf1
I have seen brand new 2006's selling for $60K-$65K off sticker. alex what colors are you looking for? i can check witha a few wholesalers i know that get offered slr's from time to time.
I'm looking at a Black/Black at Phoenix Motor Co. They are currently qouting MSRP, but I know they are going to deal. I'm pretty sure they can be had under $400k.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:40 AM

something fast
is it an 05 or 06?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:05 AM

'03 S55
Originally Posted by ajf1
is it an 05 or 06?

'06, apparently one of several produced for dealer stock rather than against firm customer orders
Old 04-14-2006, 11:45 AM
ON PROBATION

Seeing as dealer cost is over $400K, I seriously doubt that one is going to be able to pay less than dealer cost for a new SLR off of a showroom floor(!).

The dealer is going to trade that car to another delaership which has the ability to sell it before he is going to sell the car for a loss....Right?

Seems to me like we're talking some silliness in this thread.....

I buy alot of SLR's -- and I don't get for less than dealer cost......
Old 04-14-2006, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
I'm sure you will be able to find a dealer or two willing to dump their SLR at a considerable discount. Especially any 05 and early 06...my god its costing them money to keep it there
Old 04-14-2006, 01:51 PM

'03 S55
The wild card that is unknown to anyone outside the system, is how much of a rebate is being offered by DC to its dealers to move these cars. My guess is that it is substantial. There are simply too many deals being talked about at sub $400k levels for this not to be true. I will keep you all posted as to the state of my negotiations.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:46 PM

something fast
I know of a brand new 2006 silver/black with delivery miles, car is 455k i can buy it for $390k today, its a real car at a real mercedes dealership. If you say you buy all these cars than you should definitely have huge bargaining power and you would be the first one they called to dump a car, or maybe who ever your buyer is sucks at negotiating. Bottom line is sometimes dealers will take a loss for cars to get them off floor plan. Need I bring up the cls 65, sl 65, s 65?? I know there was trunk money, but dealers have also taken loss selling them off their showroom floors. You have to know when to cut your losses.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:01 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by alexpapas
The wild card that is unknown to anyone outside the system, is how much of a rebate is being offered by DC to its dealers to move these cars. My guess is that it is substantial. There are simply too many deals being talked about at sub $400k levels for this not to be true. I will keep you all posted as to the state of my negotiations.

The one I posted above is a new car at a Benz dealer and is black. Since you are new here and I know you are legit from Fchat, spare yourself anything ClayJ writes. He has been exposed as a fraud and lives in a shack in Mo. You are correct to assume there are new cars out there for less than 400k.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:08 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by Juice it
.... He has been exposed as a fraud and lives in a shack in Mo....
Let me take a moment to be kind enough to remind you, Jeff, that slander is actionable....

Now that you've posted what you have, and now that I have pointedly given you warning at the instance and place of occurance -- the rest is up to you....

I have documented both your post and mine.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by ClayJ
Let me take a moment to be kind enough to remind you, Jeff, that slander is actionable....

Now that you've posted what you have, and now that I have pointedly given you warning at the instance and place of occurance -- the rest is up to you....

I have documented both your post and mine.

Perhaps you should consult a real attorney rather than your imaginary ones in your imaginary life...They will tell you that slander must be spoken.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Clay is a fraud. Clay is a liar
CLay pretends to have all these worldly belongings while he quietly sits in a double wide in Missouri

Please clay...take whatever legal action against me. I'm begging you
Old 04-15-2006, 12:46 AM
ON PROBATION

On an internet blog or forum it is considered to be slander or defamation of character -- how much would you like to hang your a$$ets out there, NY C32?

I am about tired of the crap -- be careful not to cross into actionable behavior.

Believe me, it is not worth it for you to do so.

You have now been warned as well, NY C32.

And both your post and mine have been documented.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
On an internet blog or forum it is considered to be slander or defamation of character -- how much would you like to hang your a$$ets out there, NY C32?

I am about tired of the crap -- be careful not to cross into actionable behavior.

Believe me, it is not worth it for you to do so.

You have now been warned as well, NY C32.

And both your post and mine have been documented.

I really thought you were a bit smarter than this....I was wrong. You are one dumb kid. Threats of legal action are considerably more dangerous that anything you think you've been subject to here so you better watch it ClayJ because I will not allow you to start this crap with me and let you get the last word. If you are going to continue to threaten legal action, you beter follow up with it boy. Do you understand what you're getting yourself into? There are no "John Doe" billionaire slander cases which means you need to identify yourself in order to file suit. With that said, DO IT YOU LITTLE LYING SACK OF S-H-I-T worthless loser in your double wide. Oh, and you better have a lawyer that understands slander/libel. You wanna play with the big boys, dumbass?

PS- Have your attorney e-mail me . I'll save you the expense and identify myself to your lawyer so we don't delay any filings. He better be a real one though or else you'll be in deeper **** thatn you've ever been and I will take you, your mommy and daddy for everything...no matter how little you really have.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 05-06-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Delete email addy per request
Old 04-15-2006, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Clay...I beg you to sue me you poor little kid. You're a liar and a fraud.

If you or your lawyer don't contact me by April 21, 2006 you better watch it. I'll find you and expose the true fraud you are and see whereyou want to take this.

This is your official notice that I am not playing your stupid games of hollow threats. You better not puss out clay because I'm not playing with you

Last edited by NY C32; 04-15-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:09 AM
ON PROBATION

I'll PM you -- this poor thread isn't the place for this crap.

Thank you for your email, hopefully its valid....
Old 04-15-2006, 02:48 AM

'03 S55
Smile

All I wanted to do was ascertain availability and market price of new, dealer stock SLR's. It looks like a lawsuit (or two or three) may result from this thread. Maybe the winner(s) will be kind enough to reward me with a finder's fee
Old 04-15-2006, 03:08 AM

im not supporting ..correct me if im wrong..but to be fair i would like to point out that yes.....slander is actionable..however.. unless your actual name is ClayJ then its unlikely for you to win for 3 reaons.. there was no damage to your reputation. when you use a nickname that is not obvious your actual name or have no obvious link to your actual name then it would be very hard to prove it damaged your reputation.. for example... if i say... X sucks.. who is X??? does that mean everyone who ever used X as a nickname can sue me for defamation?? it doesnt specifically point to anyone..

2ndly.. to prove defamation you must show injury.. and again its hard to show injury (which is your reputation) when no one knows who you really are..

3rdly.. if you are as rich as you are then i assume you must be to some extent well known/in position of power... public figures are less protected in defamation cases compared to private citizens

and since you are so rich why care what someone random said on a forum? just go out and have a nice drive in your Enzo or SLR.. and if you realli want everyone to shut up about it.. take some pics and show everyone..
Old 04-15-2006, 04:15 AM
ON PROBATION

HAHAHA!

Half the point of my posts was to set a test/trap for the member who failed/fell for it miserably.

Any valid lawsuit would be brought for harassment -- which that member's behavior definately qualifies for, especially when considering that it has lasted over a period of months .....

One may notice that that member is currently "on probation".....

And this thread - like so many others - is about a topic completely unrelated to the childish, irresponsible, and assinine punk- and vandal-like behavior which was exhibited so, shall we say, colorfully, by that member here in this thread(!).

We really shouldn't be - and it is against the Terms of Use agreement to do so - abusing each other here on the forums. That member just can't get with the program -- or at least can't stay with it for very long.... LOL

Back on topic - I would be surprised if brand-new, undriven SLR's are currently being sold in the USA at below dealer cost. As I posted earlier, there are plenty of dealers in the USA who could get MSRP for that vehicle -- so why wouldn't a dealer who can't sell the vehicle trade it to one who would be glad to? Doesn't make sense to me..... There is at least $30-40K of profit in an SLR -- even when sold at below MSRP.....

In every field of data there are anomolies and exceptions - perhaps this instance is one...but I doubt it. And if it is, it is unique, and this is not happening all over the country -- if it were, I would know about it.

Currently in the USA dealers are trading exotics and other cars, and in essence selling cars on consignment through other dealerships in another part of the country, to overcome the problem of not being able to sell a given car out of their dealership -- I don't see how an SLR would be any less qualified to be so treated....

Of course there is good ol' MBUSA....

Last edited by ClayJ; 04-15-2006 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:07 AM

i think price really depends on location.. for example in Boston i guess its pretty hard to ever get a Maclaren and Herb Chambers got one and they are marked up even though its been used by Chambers himself for a while and has some miles on it..
Old 04-15-2006, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
HAHAHA!

Half the point of my posts was to set a test/trap for the member who failed/fell for it miserably.

Any valid lawsuit would be brought for harassment -- which that member's behavior definately qualifies for, especially when considering that it has lasted over a period of months .....

One may notice that that member is currently "on probation".....

And this thread - like so many others - is about a topic completely unrelated to the childish, irresponsible, and assinine punk- and vandal-like behavior which was exhibited so, shall we say, colorfully, by that member here in this thread(!).

We really shouldn't be - and it is against the Terms of Use agreement to do so - abusing each other here on the forums. That member just can't get with the program -- or at least can't stay with it for very long.... LOL

Back on topic - I would be surprised if brand-new, undriven SLR's are currently being sold in the USA at below dealer cost. As I posted earlier, there are plenty of dealers in the USA who could get MSRP for that vehicle -- so why wouldn't a dealer who can't sell the vehicle trade it to one who would be glad to? Doesn't make sense to me..... There is at least $30-40K of profit in an SLR -- even when sold at below MSRP.....

In every field of data there are anomolies and exceptions - perhaps this instance is one...but I doubt it. And if it is, it is unique, and this is not happening all over the country -- if it were, I would know about it.

Currently in the USA dealers are trading exotics and other cars, and in essence selling cars on consignment through other dealerships in another part of the country, to overcome the problem of not being able to sell a given car out of their dealership -- I don't see how an SLR would be any less qualified to be so treated....

Of course there is good ol' MBUSA....
ClayJ
YOU ARE AN IDIOT! You are nothing. You know nothing. And you have nothing.

I pray for the day that I do something, anything to have you initiate legal action against me. Yeah, that e-mail address is real so you better be careful with it you little punk. PLEASE SUE ME CLAYJ, it would be worth it just to know what your real name is and what sorry life you really live.

We all know you are that loser with the double wide in Missouri so why lead on these legitimate buyers of a car that far exceeds the entire worth of your sorry life? Do you mean to tell us that although you've bought more cars than any other person on this forum, you can't tell us what the dealer cost is in an SLR? I've only bought 2 cars from my MB salesman and will bet any amount of money that in one quick phone call, I can have every bit of information on this car.

When these cars sit on the lot for more than 90 days, they pay money to keep that car on the lot...Its not just money tied up in inventory. If you are a legitimate buyer, e-mail me. MB Manhattan has a silver SLR and I guarantee my salesman will give you the best deal available.

Oh and another thing ClayJ.... my probation isn't a result of you, you retarded liar. Its a result from an entirely different topic and member.

Last edited by NY C32; 04-15-2006 at 09:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLR/C199/R199/Z199: SLRs for sale at dealerships