SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: I need a Psychiatrist!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a psychiatrist (me too)

May I be so bold as to ask what profession your in. I'm a car nut and if I had the money I would be doing the same things you have done. Cars are an addiction plain and simple. I think it's great that you have the means to get what you want. I have a pretty nice car but never happy because I'm always seeing something else that stirs my juices. Best of luck with your purchase.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:13 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Talking New pics of the SLR

Originally Posted by acossa@patmedia
May I be so bold as to ask what profession your in. I'm a car nut and if I had the money I would be doing the same things you have done. Cars are an addiction plain and simple. I think it's great that you have the means to get what you want. I have a pretty nice car but never happy because I'm always seeing something else that stirs my juices. Best of luck with your purchase.
Hi acossa, I'm in the Real Estate business and some Gas and Oil drilling. All of which were started by my Father. If it wasn't for Dad , I'd be driving a Vespa Motorscooter!

BTW, I had posted the following new pics of the SLR on a few other forums and somehow forgot to post them here! Sorry for that!

These pics represent the reason why I haven't had a chance to get the SLR out much lately. Had a slight problem with all kinds of white stuff on the ground. How about 12-15" of it!!! Hope you like the pics and more will come when the 'big yellow kahuna in the sky' comes out again soon! Mags
Attached Thumbnails I need a Psychiatrist!-slr-left-side-900-pix.jpg   I need a Psychiatrist!-slr-rear-high-900-pix.jpg   I need a Psychiatrist!-slr-right-front-900-pix.jpg   I need a Psychiatrist!-slr-right-side-close-900-pix.jpg   I need a Psychiatrist!-slr-right-side-far-900-pix.jpg  

Old 03-03-2007, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Bravo

Originally Posted by magwheel
Hi acossa, I'm in the Real Estate business and some Gas and Oil drilling. All of which were started by my Father. If it wasn't for Dad , I'd be driving a Vespa Motorscooter!
BTW, I had posted the following new pics of the SLR on a few other forums and somehow forgot to post them here! Sorry for that!

These pics represent the reason why I haven't had a chance to get the SLR out much lately. Had a slight problem with all kinds of white stuff on the ground. How about 12-15" of it!!! Hope you like the pics and more will come when the 'big yellow kahuna in the sky' comes out again soon! Mags
Mags,
Spoken like a true gentlemen! Lovely pictures as usual!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Mags,
Spoken like a true gentlemen! Lovely pictures as usual!
Thank you Adam..... I really appreciate that! Mags
Old 03-04-2007, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Ironically, it looks great on the snow

magz!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Did you at least try to drift in the driveway?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Question Drift in the driveway?

Originally Posted by AsianML
Did you at least try to drift in the driveway?
Hey AsianML, Uhhhh..... I think the last time I did a 'drift' on purpose was in 1965 or 1966 in my Mother's 1964 Ford Galaxie. It was at a small shopping plaza on a Sunday and back then, we had what we called "The Blue Laws" here in Ohio and stores weren't allowed to be open on Sunday!

It was during the Winter months and there was no one in the plaza. Needless to say the parking lot was slippery as heck and I could have gone in circles for hours! Back in our day, I think we called 'drifting' doing 'brodies' (not sure if I spelled it right)!

I kinda grew out of that real fast cause it didn't make any sense going around in circles going nowhere and trying to burn the tires off your car.

Today, I freak out everytime I see some goofball in 'supercar' (Enzo, Murcielago, Gallardo and SLR are the ones I've seen) 'drifting'! I'm sorry...... maybe I'm over the hill but I think they were meant to serve a different purpose..... like cruising around, enjoying the machine and its mechanical wonders, picking up 'sweet skirts' and occasionally testing her against another supercar' in a quick 'ROLLOUT' to see how quick your ride really is. Drag racing a $200,000 or $300,000 isn't my 'cup of tea'! Sorry about that.

But then again I'm 59 years old and you're only 15! You probably haven't even shaved you face yet (and I'm not saying that to be mean). You still have a 'TON' of life left ahead of you. I'm jealous!!! I suppose if I were your age, 'drifting' and 'dragging' a Supercar would seem neat too! You take care buddy. Mags
Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I don't know. This is the drifting I'm talking about. Yes, I have shaved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze7LXIbLeoA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luJFLeTmUBY

BTW, I'd take actual track driving/racing like the Nurburgring over drag strip and drifting anyday.

Last edited by AsianML; 03-04-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:05 PM

Hey, if you can afford it, why not? It's all a matter of your personal comfort zone. As for me, I'm wealthy by almost anyone's standards but I wouldn't spend $450,000 on a car. That kind of scratch I reserve for my real estate investments. I'm thinking of getting a used SL55 AMGor maybe SL65 AMG. I don't want to take the first big deprecistion hit- but that's me. We all have our comfort zones. I hope you get a big thrill out of your car- you certainly paid for it and it is a beautiful car. When I get to $50 million, I'll think about getting one (notice i said "when" and not "if"?). Congratulations and happy motoring.

Well.... 'I dun dood it!' I sold the 05 Ford GT and the 07 Porsche 997 Turbo and bought a 06 McLaren SLR! I've been around the block so many times on the SLR that I think I'm ready for the rubber room.

I first took a SLR for a test ride in March of 2006 and loved the car but not enough to cough up the money to buy it. The thought of another huge car payment made me sea-sick.... and I hate boats! But every other month, I'd get the SLR bug again and again. So just a week or two ago, I decided to pull the trigger, bite the bullet, throw in the towel or as they say cave-in to the internal brain pressure!

I called the Cleveland Mercedes dealer and worked out a deal trading in the 997 Turbo and the Ford GT. I think I got pretty good deal but won't know until after I drive the car and try and wipe the huge grin off my face or after a year later when hopefully the price drop comes to a sudden halt and starts to climb a little. Kinda taking a huge gamble on the price but sometimes.... 'You've gotta grab the Bull by the tail and face the situation!'

I got a Crystal Laurite Silver with the Silver Arrow 300SL Red Leather interior. I liked the Black too but I think the Silver will stand out a little more especially with the red interior. She should be here Wednesday or Thursday at the latest according to the dealer. The dealer also sent a few guys to pick up the Ford GT and the 997 Turbo tonight.... guess they were afraid I'd suddenly change my mind...... Who me? There's a couple empty spots in the garage right now!

I'll try and do a review shortly after the steering wheel is in my grubby little hands! The Mags

p.s. I loved both the Ford GT (but hardly drove it.... only 1000 miles in 2 years) and the Porsche 997 Turbo (drove it a little more than the Ford GT). I just couldn't justify holding on to the 997 Turbo when I could wrap my fingers around the steering wheel of an a SLR! AGREE?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:19 PM

Talking

$77,000 has got to be considerably below dealer cost for a new SL 55 AMG. The markup could not be much more than $20,000.
This doesn't make much sense, but far be it from me to call anyone a liar. Maybe your friend made the dealer an offer he couldn't refuse. Does the dealer own a prize race horse by any chance?

Originally Posted by iceking69
I hope you got an awful lot off list. I had friend buy 2006 SL55AMG new at the dealer 5 months ago for 77k cash. It had a sticker of around 131k. Now thats what i call a good deal. Thats like 40 percent off the sticker.. End of the year but thats just how bad the market is right now.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Amerikanisch
When I get to $50 million, I'll think about getting one (notice i said "when" and not "if"?).
Troll. Go to off topic and introduce yourself
Old 03-07-2007, 05:28 PM

1985 380 SL 2001 SL 500 2007 E350 Sport 2008 T & C Ltd.
Originally Posted by transferred
Troll. Go to off topic and introduce yourself

You read my mind. I do love these forums...
Old 03-07-2007, 09:25 PM

c320
slr

tell me about the car, i'm planning on getting one for my next car....
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Mags, nice to know someone else who is the big 59. You brought back old memories with your comment on the blue laws. That is also what we called them here in TX. I can remember just like it was yesterday when I would go into grocery stores on Sundays and the hardware dept was roped off. There were so many items that could not be sold on Sundays, but the one that made absolutely no sense to me was gloves. I supposed it was OK to freeze fingers off on Sunday, but not the other days. Glad to see those laws finally go away.

Enjoy the fine auto. Maybe I will run across it when I visit my friend in Marion, just north of Columbus. Ohio can't be that big, can it? Take care.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by benzgirl1
tell me about the car, i'm planning on getting one for my next car....
thats quite a jump an 01 c-class to an SLR.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:00 AM

1985 380 SL 2001 SL 500 2007 E350 Sport 2008 T & C Ltd.
Originally Posted by pmb600
thats quite a jump an 01 c-class to an SLR.

Maybe hooking up with Amerikanish....
Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by crb49
Maybe hooking up with Amerikanish....
hahah...sugar daddy buys an SLR for his hos.

This just reminded me of a story my co-worker told me. She drives a nice loaded 2006 E350 and she bought it at a pre-owned car place in Westchester NY that specializes in luxury cars. The car was less than a year old and had like 5000 miles on it so she asked why would someone be getting rid of this car? The guy said, well one of our customers has a bunch of Mercedes, including an SLR, and he bought this one for his wife but she didn't like it or something. So then he goes "He lives here in Westchester with his wife...and his girlfriend...he's my idol!"
lol
Old 03-10-2007, 08:32 PM

SL65 AMG
p.s.s. Oh yeah, the reason I didn't get the 55 or 65 is that I had the F430, the Carrera GT and the 997TT at that time so I didn't feel like spending the extra money on the high horsepower versions cars since I already had some crazy *** high speed cars. Plus, I think the regular versions are more enjoyable with smoother ride quality. Agree?

Remember now.... the fastest car in the world isn't necessarily the car you would enjoy the most every day of the year. I wouldn't wanna have to drive the Carrera GT every day. [/QUOTE]

Mags, I can understand about the car looking great and the car feeling great. I tell my wife all the time I would love an all out sports car (ford gt, TT viper etc) but at the end of the day my sl may not turn many heads but I can drive it 500 miles in pure comfort and it is still pretty fast. I keep looking at the slr wondering if it will have the same feel and comfort as the sl but I think it will be more sport the luxury. There was a guy here who traded his sl65 on the slr before I bought my sl, when I went to look at his sl65 they told me it was not for sale. The guy liked the slr but also wanted his sl65 back. I am guessing it was easier to drive and more comfort. I tell my wife all the time I need car I can get in and out of very easy and one that has all the features of heated/cooled seats, good radio, ac, power windows etc. BTW I do real estate here in the southwest if you ever need any help with any big or small projects over here I handle all types of real estate.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:00 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
I kinda grew out of that real fast cause it didn't make any sense going around in circles going nowhere and trying to burn the tires off your car.

Today, I freak out everytime I see some goofball in 'supercar' (Enzo, Murcielago, Gallardo and SLR are the ones I've seen) 'drifting'! I'm sorry...... maybe I'm over the hill but I think they were meant to serve a different purpose..... like cruising around, enjoying the machine and its mechanical wonders, picking up 'sweet skirts' and occasionally testing her against another supercar' in a quick 'ROLLOUT' to see how quick your ride really is. Drag racing a $200,000 or $300,000 isn't my 'cup of tea'! Sorry about that.

But then again I'm 59 years old and you're only 15! You probably haven't even shaved you face yet (and I'm not saying that to be mean). You still have a 'TON' of life left ahead of you. I'm jealous!!! I suppose if I were your age, 'drifting' and 'dragging' a Supercar would seem neat too! You take care buddy. Mags
Ahhh c'mon pops, I'll show you how to burnout haha jk jk.

Your just probably at that age where your relaxed and want to enjoy things in life, us younger audience love action (well atleast me) I like both going fast and enjoying fast if I can say that while still hearing the 'wonderful crafted mechanical tunes' coming out of the car

Drifting is just another sport though, it's about control going sideways, while I know you already know the fundamentals of drifting, just gonna say this, watching a Exotic drift is different and unique, I dunno what you mean by goofball tho, but when I see vids of pros doing it my jaw drops seeing this cars really be tested it's limits and driving capabilities.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:07 PM

c220 cdi
Why would u need to sell 2-3 car's when u have Carrera GT my everynight Dreaming car and SLR ..... i wish i was in ur place to own only 1 of these cars listed... i own slow donkey Seat Leon 1.9 Tdi
Old 04-13-2007, 03:45 PM

Nothing right now- am in college.
Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
Maybe MBs. Or, is it Mercedeses? Hmmmmmmmmm. Just a guess. I am no English teacher, but I do have a working knowledge of the language.

Congrats on such a fine collection of rides. I am looking forward to reading your indepth review of the SLR.
Benzes. Or we could make something new like Mercedi or Merceda.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:32 AM

2003 E320 sport
You are what we call...ballin out of control
Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Kaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-
WHOA! *drool* what an awesome collection! Thanks for the detailed writeups Magwheel. keep us posted on your SLR ownership experience!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 PM

1993 190E 2.6
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
You can see where I had to trade/sell the Ford GT AND the 997 Turbo to be able to fit the SLR into the 'scheme' of things. I wish I had the 'moolah' of Gates or Buffet but I'm OK where I'm at. I can still pay cash at McDonalds and Burger King!
]

Ha. I whent to McDonalds today and actually used my Credit Card. LOL. I pay it off at the end of the month. but I thought it was funny I read that today. The machine for some reason wouldnt even let me use my debit card, so I HAD to use credit. Kinda sad.

Also, I run a non-profit. If mag doesnt want to donate a dollar to my tree(see link in sig), he's still one of the nicest guys on this forum with probably the number one car collection from what I've seen. I still respect him as a person. He doesnt go around with a name like "moneybagz" saying how much money he has. Hes noble and humble. Are those the same word? lol. He'll tell you his father's hard work led him to money, and he keeps that money growing by his own hard work.

I ramble... sorry.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:42 PM

GT3
A Psychiatrist isn't going to help that rash you have Keep up the work old man....

Posted by Magwheel and the reason for my replies. He just keeps instigating for no reason.
Clk&Slk, Yeah..... I've had run ins with him before and really enjoy calling him out and agitating the hell out of him! He's as phony as a $3 bill!!! He's one of those scum-bags (like clay jr?) or whatever his name was who claims to own everything.

Just check these links and you'll see what I mean. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread...ht=most-wanted and https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread...=207713&page=2 (bottom of this link). I've got him freaking out again!!! Ha... ha... ha! Magwheel

So magwheel, what is it that you don't understand and makes you think I'm phony. I'm not parading around saying I have 10 cars or whatever your count is now days. I had a C55 & Cayenne. Sold it for a Cayenne CTT and it spent it's first week in the shop with over 4 issues and 3 recall items. I decided to trade for a Gallardo instead of shooting for the lemon law. At one point I had a deposit on a CLK black as I love the car, but kept getting the run around on delivery time and color options. I simply moved on. So what is your fuss really about?? Do you really want to start another post war with me?? I have all the time in the World to play with you and make you look like an ***!

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 09-09-2007 at 08:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLR/C199/R199/Z199: I need a Psychiatrist!