SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: Another SLR Record By RENNtech - 05/11/2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Thumbs up Another SLR Record By RENNtech - 05/11/2011

RENNtech does it again.... this time the SLR went:

10.29 @ 134.70 mph

And all this time I thought weather was getting hotter and no more records were possible.... I guess Mr. SC (or should I say super driver) doesn't believe in bad weather

Big congrats guys

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-11-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 AM
SGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL65
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

10.29 @ 134.70 mph

And all this time I thought weather was getting hotter and no more records were possible.... I guess Mr. SC (or should I say super driver) doesn't believe in bad weather

Big congrats guys
Thanks Mo. You're too kind.

The car did all the work : )

video here: http://www.roadtesttv.com/renntech-s...s-road-test-tv
Old 05-13-2011, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Watch the video right as he launches. There is this loud CHOOOOO!!

Watched the video over and over trying to figure out what the heck the car was doing until I realized it was the turbo in the far lane letting off pressure.

What a car you got bro. WOW!!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes, AMG, Porsche, Bentley, Audi
Here is another video of the SLR with its back to back 10.29 @ 134 passes with in car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzdw0...el_video_title
Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 PM

2008 SLR
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

10.29 @ 134.70 mph

Big congrats guys
Nitrous oxide cools the intake temps down. The car runs high 10's without it.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
Nitrous oxide cools the intake temps down. The car runs high 10's without it.
I think there was nitrous in the grassy knoll, or was it in the book depository. Did Lee Harvey install the system or was it Jack Ruby? HFS!

For your edification: (I don't know why I bother) A stock SLR that makes a little over 500 hp to the wheels, and on drag radials will run low 11.00s with the right person behind the wheel. I'll be happy to show you as you claim to have a 2008 SLR.

BTW, How are things in Heaven?

There was no nitrous on that car that went 10.29 @ 134 mph. It was making well over 600 to the wheels on motor (100 HP more than stock to the wheels - RENNtech tune, pulley, exhaust, limited slip, drag radials, larger heat exchange, etc).

That car would go mid 9s at over 140 on nitrous.

There is always one in the crowd.

Last edited by SGC; 11-15-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:12 PM

2008 SLR
Originally Posted by SGC
I think there was nitrous in the grassy knoll, or was it in the book depository. Did Lee Harvey install the system or was it Jack Ruby? HFS!

For your edification: (I don't know why I bother) A stock SLR that makes a little over 500 hp to the wheels, and on drag radials will run low 11.00s with the right person behind the wheel. I'll be happy to show you as you claim to have a 2008 SLR.

BTW, How are things in Heaven?

There was no nitrous on that car that went 10.29 @ 134 mph. It was making well over 600 to the wheels on motor (100 HP more than stock to the wheels - RENNtech tune, pulley, exhaust, limited slip, drag radials, larger heat exchange, etc).

That car would go mid 9s at over 140 on nitrous.

There is always one in the crowd.
Blah blah. I bet next you're going to tell me that the trunk compartment on that C63 is stock? Hidden bottles anyone? There's more nitrous flowing through that shop than at all the dentists' offices in Florida. Please make me laugh again and say it isn't so. I won't be visiting this thread anymore as I truly could care less. It's actually funny. Those that are not successful at what they do take the short cuts and lie. One could argue that if you applied yourselves to a more honest approach you would achieve what you set out to do in a much more meaningful and rewarding way. All I wanted was for my car to go fast and you guys couldn't do it. Then I stumble accross this thread, after knowing what I know. What a joke.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:04 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
Blah blah. I bet next you're going to tell me that the trunk compartment on that C63 is stock? Hidden bottles anyone? There's more nitrous flowing through that shop than at all the dentists' offices in Florida. Please make me laugh again and say it isn't so. I won't be visiting this thread anymore as I truly could care less. It's actually funny. Those that are not successful at what they do take the short cuts and lie. One could argue that if you applied yourselves to a more honest approach you would achieve what you set out to do in a much more meaningful and rewarding way. All I wanted was for my car to go fast and you guys couldn't do it. Then I stumble accross this thread, after knowing what I know. What a joke.

You're not going to check on this thread because you don't care, what a crock. The more likely explanation is you don't have an SLR and are a bull**** artist troll who has been inhaling too much nitrous.

The car in the video that went 10.29 did not have nitrous. Period.

If your car doesn't run the times an SLR should, it is probably because you don"t own an SLR or attributable to your lack of driving skills. I will be happy to fly to where you live and drive your car at a sanctioned 1/4 mile track (if you pay me since you want everyone to believe you have big bucks) and I'll show you what a properly driven SLR should run if you have an SLR.

Or, if you like (since you have alleged big bucks), send your SLR to South Florida and you and I can take it to the track together, unless you are full of it.

To get things rolling,

1) Post your mods.

2) Post your Renntech receipt unless you're full of it.

3) Post your dyno graphs.

4) Post your time slip.

..and let's get to the bottom of why you car is not doing what it should or maybe you're a full of **** troll who doesn't own a car?

Or tell us your last name and I will try to get your dyno sheet from RENNtech and post it for you if you would like. hmmmm..

We are waiting?

Last edited by SGC; 11-24-2011 at 12:10 AM.