MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Tell me they arent 5 grand.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
No, there's just no way to mount it in the rear of a black series cause it HAS NO REAR SEATBELTS - are you listening Sound8 or are you still trying to figure out how your glove box in you SL63 opens wider thus allowing greater storage capacity of weed making it a better value than the SLS ?? Frigging douche.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Oh Oh Oh!!!
It would seem I have touched a nerve with all you AMG 2 door BS coupe owners. sorry your CLK BS Sportscar, no seats in the back, that kills me.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by sound 8
Oh Oh Oh!!!
It would seem I have touched a nerve with all you AMG 2 door BS coupe owners. sorry your CLK BS Sportscar, no seats in the back, that kills me.
Great comeback, genius.

I notice you have nothing to say about those lap times.... Perhaps you need to up your thorazine dosage.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by jrcart
I must have gotten ripped off because mt CLK63 Black Series didn't come with a back seat...

This guy is a friggin clown, this is the third thread he has started bashing the SLS, bro I think you are obsessed, you are having stalkerish behavior towards a friggin car...let it go man.

I don't get Sound8. No disrespect, and I'll let you finish and all, but the SLS is one of the classics of all time! LOL.

Seriously though, what is the obsession he has with the SLS? Why bash cars you don't drive or own? It is just a car, and at the end of the day if you don't like it, just say that and move on. Obviously with the SLS track records, and it being sold out for 18 months, it is a hit.

Last edited by bigben320e; 01-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Because all the grade school boys in the gym laughed at him in the showers when he showed up with his little sl65 amg sports car and his friends showed up with real super cars? Some got um and some don't?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigben320e

I don't get Sound8. No disrespect, and I'll let you finish and all, but the SLS is one of the classics of all time! LOL.

Seriously though, what is the obsession he has with the SLS? Why bash cars you don't drive or own? It is just a car, and at the end of the day if you don't like it, just say that and move on. Obviously with the SLS track records, and it being sold out for 18 months, it is a hit.
Hi bigben329e join in nice to hear from you. I don't get the " no disrespect "
to who, or what? . I am a world fanatic so sure I am not exactly obsessive
but I like talking cars and getting my point across, also it can be great fun
talking to other members.
Cars are just objects,the don't live or breath, yet some members get bent
out of shape even if I happen not to like the colour.The clever ones in
the forum who can read between the lines realize I would love a SLS.
But after trying to get in one, then pulled out like a plug, there is no way
I can get in, I used to body build some years ago so I have a square shape. I don't bash cars, it's called constructive criticism.
All this and I still would rather have my SL63, I am jealous of the weight and
power of the SLS, but it has no removable roof. Just waiting to see what the
new SL is going to be like.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CL500 1992 300SE
SLS vs. Lambo at Imola

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINq5c5S0WA

Enjoy.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Hi bigben329e join in nice to hear from you. I don't get the " no disrespect "
to who, or what? . I am a world fanatic so sure I am not exactly obsessive
but I like talking cars and getting my point across, also it can be great fun
talking to other members.
Cars are just objects,the don't live or breath, yet some members get bent
out of shape even if I happen not to like the colour.The clever ones in
the forum who can read between the lines realize I would love a SLS.
But after trying to get in one, then pulled out like a plug, there is no way
I can get in, I used to body build some years ago so I have a square shape. I don't bash cars, it's called constructive criticism.
All this and I still would rather have my SL63, I am jealous of the weight and
power of the SLS, but it has no removable roof. Just waiting to see what the
new SL is going to be like.
OK...let me be clear:

When I said no disrespect, I meant that toward when I said "I don't get you". Meaning that I don't get why you have made three threads giving constructive criticism about the SLS. Keeping it on one thread would have sufficed, your point was well made then. You love your SL, your choice of car, which is fine. Great ride.

You say you love the SLS, but most of what I and others have seen it is negative on the SLS and stated the SL is so much better. That leaves just about everyone (based on comments left) confused about what you are really saying about the SLS. Correct?

Now we all know all cars have their applications and shortcomings, and what I read in between the lines from your first SLS Flop thread was that it did not fit you due to the price, size, and options. No one is getting bent out of shape, the SLS does not float your boat. You made that crystal clear, and that is your preference and that is cool. Nothing clever to it, it is what it is.

What I (and others I am sure) would like to see is discussion on the SLS from owners of the car, as they would critique it best. No?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
LZH
Banned

OK...let me be clear:

When I said no disrespect, I meant that toward when I said "I don't get you". Meaning that I don't get why you have made three threads giving constructive criticism about the SLS. Keeping it on one thread would have sufficed, your point was well made then. You love your SL, your choice of car, which is fine. Great ride.

You say you love the SLS, but most of what I and others have seen it is negative on the SLS and stated the SL is so much better. That leaves just about everyone (based on comments left) confused about what you are really saying about the SLS. Correct?

Now we all know all cars have their applications and shortcomings, and what I read in between the lines from your first SLS Flop thread was that it did not fit you due to the price, size, and options. No one is getting bent out of shape, the SLS does not float your boat. You made that crystal clear, and that is your preference and that is cool. Nothing clever to it, it is what it is.

What I (and others I am sure) would like to see is discussion on the SLS from owners of the car, as they would critique it best. No?

Or, from someone who has actually DRIVEN it.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
To those who know, I have consistently said the SLS was too expensive,
well sorry I was wrong, it's carbon fibre and aluminum, so I withdraw my
remark. Top Gear was great, and certainly proved one thing, it doesn't matter
how much stiffening and lightening Mercedes do, they can never make a sports car. Although the SLS is not my favorite car watching it on TV somehow plucked my heart strings, it was like a puppy with 2 ferocious dogs.
It wasn't a case of feeling sorry for it, it growled as well and could match them on the straight stuff. However all that changed on the track, putting
it mildly the SLS was useless, on nearly every bend it came off, and after
2 sets of tyres were ripped to bits Clarckson gave up. While this was happening the Porsche and Ferrari were going at it hammer and tongs, very
close. Now these cars should be fast and handle well to be what I call a
sports car, well there was 2, Porsche, to be fair pretty much a track day car,
and the Ferrari which to me was the best, it's only down side being like a
strangled cat on full throttle. The Porsche was more track rather than everyday car. I liked the SLS more after watching the show, but how can
you compare 2 mass produced cars against a beautiful hand made Italian
sports car, not that I would buy that either, if I had to have one it would
be the SLS because of my back.
I still maintain my SL63 is best and a whole lot cheaper.
my man seriously, next time you are in a roof top terrace or near the train tracks, just give me a call and I'll be more than happy to give you a push
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK...let me be clear:

Your right, the best reviewer is someone who has the object to live with to
give an accurate review. But sometimes people wont admit there is something
about their car that they don't like or enjoy. I have plenty where 90% is
brilliant and 10% annoying. Sure to keep the thread going I had to be controversial hence the stick I get, still gives members someone to vent their anger on, as there doesn't seem to many others.
The main thing is if we all sat round a table you would see I am a car fanatic
and wouldn't know what to do without cars. Just take my views, if members don't like them they can say, there is no need for insults though, some quite
harsh from some members. A lot of them can't wait to get their teeth in anything I SAY as for changing my mind, are you married? then you'll
know. If we all use pens and not guns, there will be no war.
Happy motoring.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CL500 1992 300SE
.... If we all use pens and not guns, there will be no war.
Happy motoring.
So true.

Words have the power to break bones and have probably slain more people than swords have.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tasho3
my man seriously, next time you are in a roof top terrace or near the train tracks, just give me a call and I'll be more than happy to give you a push
And if you in my area pop in for a beer, cos man you need one.
The pen is mightier then the sword.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
LZH
Banned

And if you in my area pop in for a beer, cos man you need one.
The pen is mightier then the sword.
And I'm sure you're a big fan of Neville Chamberlain and his foreign policy of appeasement And you are right about one thing, then pen is mightier than the sword...but in the end, the sword is all that is remembered. Ever read Mein Kampf?? Yeah, that didn't turn out too well....for millions of people.
You really do have an idiotic wit about you.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I personally love the SL63 and was planning that as the replacement from my first AMG car that I have owned, my beloved C63, even when the new SLS arrived I liked it but not loved it. I figured that I have the car right now with the same powerplant but the SLS will have more HP, then I have also driven the SL63 on the track numerous times in the AMG Driving Academy schools, so I thought the SLS may be a looker but couldnt be much better than the SL63 or even my current car.......but.....I drove the SLS in October with the AMG Driving Academy again, and holy $H!T, I came away from that event dreaming obsessively about the SLS, this car makes sounds and revs nothing like my car and the SL63 doesnt hold a candle to this car....having driven both cars full on, this SLS is a beast, it handled very impressively, sounded like a race car, felt like a race car, the tranny, the brakes, the turn in, the stability in high speed corners just blew my mind....in comparison, the SL63 is a great car but felt like a loafer compared to the SLS......the only thing I am unsure about the SLS is what friggin color to order!! If you havent driven this car, you shouldnt make any comment about it, I was 100% wrong about the respect this car deserves.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by 1st amg
I personally love the SL63 and was planning that as the replacement from my first AMG car that I have owned, my beloved C63, even when the new SLS arrived I liked it but not loved it. I figured that I have the car right now with the same powerplant but the SLS will have more HP, then I have also driven the SL63 on the track numerous times in the AMG Driving Academy schools, so I thought the SLS may be a looker but couldnt be much better than the SL63 or even my current car.......but.....I drove the SLS in October with the AMG Driving Academy again, and holy $H!T, I came away from that event dreaming obsessively about the SLS, this car makes sounds and revs nothing like my car and the SL63 doesnt hold a candle to this car....having driven both cars full on, this SLS is a beast, it handled very impressively, sounded like a race car, felt like a race car, the tranny, the brakes, the turn in, the stability in high speed corners just blew my mind....in comparison, the SL63 is a great car but felt like a loafer compared to the SLS......the only thing I am unsure about the SLS is what friggin color to order!! If you havent driven this car, you shouldnt make any comment about it, I was 100% wrong about the respect this car deserves.
AMEN!! Finally someone who gets it. Great post.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
And I'm sure you're a big fan of Neville Chamberlain and his foreign policy of appeasement And you are right about one thing, then pen is mightier than the sword...but in the end, the sword is all that is remembered. Ever read Mein Kampf?? Yeah, that didn't turn out too well....for millions of people.
You really do have an idiotic wit about you.
No I haven't read it! And you have the typical shoot first ask later.

So many people act too quickly to situations these days, and one of them will
start World War 3, then you can forget about fast cars. You never seem to read my posts thoroughly, the car who test drove the SLS is right, and for the money I would expect the SLS to annihilate my 63, unfortunately the SLS
is not a convertible and I can't handle the physical pain sitting in it. It will be interesting if I can get in the roadster in comfort.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63, 07 RS4, 04 GT3, 10 LR4, 02 Pajero
I'll preface this by saying I've had VERY limited seat time in an SLS (around 20 minutes)~

engine is very impressive, feels far brawnier than any 6.2 before it, revised internals and resultant large bump in power to thank for that while the exhaust setup has the big V8 sounding at the best it's ever been too

handling is really rather good, didn't have time to explore all avenues but body control was 4/5 and it handled rises and dips well too

big letdown was the transmission, the paddles feel barely more responsive than those of the 7G in the E63 and Black Series which are not much fun especially when downshifting. The relative smoothness of this trans will appeal to some but for me I like a dual clutch to be responsive and I'll deal with shortcomings in any other areas.

Overall, very desirable car if you like the styling and aren't much more than 6 feet one or two. Capable of covering tracks and roads very quickly, not a hooligan but certainly more involving and dynamically capable than any SL AMG I've driven (I've never driven the SL black series unfortunately)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is no problem with making comments, there your views, I do agree
you shouldn't make inaccurate statements, and I never have.
You weren't sure until you drove it, unfortunately I can't. Maybe I can fit
in the roadster.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:53 AM

2019 G63
Thumbs down Let's End the Sound 8 Debate!

I wonder why I keep reading all of this that started with the Expensive Flop threads. Enough. They should all end.

Almost everyone would agree that the SLS came out at less cost than expected, particularly compared to the SLR and BS, and based on sales is certainly not a flop. End of that topic! And compared to the SLR, if you haven't owned, or at least driven, both then you have little credibility to offer opinions.

I've owned a total of 6-AMG cars from my G55 at one extreme to my SLS at the other. I've been to Affalterbach 8-times and participated in 8-AMG driving events including the McLaren SLR event at the Miami Homestead track and the SLS driving event at Laguna Seca.

The SLR was a great car but no match for the SLS on the track and the SLS handled even better than an SLK through tight turns of the autocross. Where the SLR was ponderous at low speeds, there is none of that in the SLS that can be a "daily driver" like any other less performing Mercedes.

I'm tired of hearing about those who think Mercedes failed to continue the great design of the SLS to the back. I absolutely love the look from the back and cannot imagine anything better! I'm tired of hearing about road test drivers who can't reach for the door handle to close the door. I'm 6-0 which is about male-average and have no problem and neither does my 5-7 wife who hasn't complained once! I'm tired about hearing about hitting you head, yes it happened twice and never since.

Let's stop all of the negatives and bashing particularly if you don't own it or haven't driven it. The SLS is the greatest car I've owned or driven and my only fault is the start-out hesitation that I am sure they will get corrected in my car.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Hey dharrar... would you have any pics of your car, I for one would appreaciate pics to see what color combo you went with and how it looks, thanks alot. Enjoy that race car!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Wow, some strange conversations going on in here and not even close to what the title of the thread suggests. I still don't know if the OP loves/hates likes/dislikes the car. Not having ever driven an SLS it appears to be the first AMG since the CLK BS with true tracking attributes provided in stock form. But back to Top Gear (the US version) where I just watched the Stig put down a lap in a Panamera Turbo that was two seconds faster than he ran in an SLS on a prior show. I cant imagine that this would be possible , does anyone have any more perspective? Was the SLS a "wet" lap?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+1, I just wanted to hear some valid comments on the SLS. You have to own and driven it to qualify.. Thanks!

Your right, the best reviewer is someone who has the object to live with to
give an accurate review. But sometimes people wont admit there is something
about their car that they don't like or enjoy. I have plenty where 90% is
brilliant and 10% annoying. Sure to keep the thread going I had to be controversial hence the stick I get, still gives members someone to vent their anger on, as there doesn't seem to many others.
The main thing is if we all sat round a table you would see I am a car fanatic
and wouldn't know what to do without cars. Just take my views, if members don't like them they can say, there is no need for insults though, some quite
harsh from some members. A lot of them can't wait to get their teeth in anything I SAY as for changing my mind, are you married? then you'll
know. If we all use pens and not guns, there will be no war.
Happy motoring.
I understood you quite well, and true enough people that actually own and drive cars are the best qualified to critique them. Sure, there is always something you don't like about things you own or have experienced. Even in marriage...8 years BTW. I am not trying to change your mind, you said you don't like the SLS for reasons already mentioned. It's OK, you don't like it. Let it go.

Originally Posted by dharrar
I wonder why I keep reading all of this that started with the Expensive Flop threads. Enough. They should all end.

Almost everyone would agree that the SLS came out at less cost than expected, particularly compared to the SLR and BS, and based on sales is certainly not a flop. End of that topic! And compared to the SLR, if you haven't owned, or at least driven, both then you have little credibility to offer opinions.

I've owned a total of 6-AMG cars from my G55 at one extreme to my SLS at the other. I've been to Affalterbach 8-times and participated in 8-AMG driving events including the McLaren SLR event at the Miami Homestead track and the SLS driving event at Laguna Seca.

The SLR was a great car but no match for the SLS on the track and the SLS handled even better than an SLK through tight turns of the autocross. Where the SLR was ponderous at low speeds, there is none of that in the SLS that can be a "daily driver" like any other less performing Mercedes.

I'm tired of hearing about those who think Mercedes failed to continue the great design of the SLS to the back. I absolutely love the look from the back and cannot imagine anything better! I'm tired of hearing about road test drivers who can't reach for the door handle to close the door. I'm 6-0 which is about male-average and have no problem and neither does my 5-7 wife who hasn't complained once! I'm tired about hearing about hitting you head, yes it happened twice and never since.

Let's stop all of the negatives and bashing particularly if you don't own it or haven't driven it. The SLS is the greatest car I've owned or driven and my only fault is the start-out hesitation that I am sure they will get corrected in my car.
+1. The flop threads should end, as we all know why Sound8 does not like the the SLS.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML350 back from dealer after 4 weeks,now back for oil consumption test!,2003 C230 Sport
Man I love this car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Top Gear and apologies