Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS
sounds good
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
RennTECH rocks...if you can afford an SLS (for example) you can afford their products.

Say hello to Nick the mechanic...from 500E Jim in CT.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Don't even bother trying to rationalize or reason with people that live in that fantasy land
Go watch the wizard of oz if your looking for fantasy, I only know REALITY
... ya, MKB will cover it LOL..
I never said MKB will cover the warranty. MB will cover your warranty when you tune your car through them with MKB, but that cant be done in the United States.
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, you gotta be prepared to pay if you want to play, meaning if you want to tune or mod your car to ANY level beyond stock you better be prepared to void your warranty and pay for repairs out of pocket.
Well Said, Pay, when warranty has expired ofcourse. My two 63 AMG cars are heavly tuned, and still on warranty. However, when that expires, I am expecting to run in on a few issues that I might need to pay for. My cousing had a problem with his intake valve just right after his warranty expired
I honestly can't believe any of you guys would troll eBay for "bargain" performance parts for you "expensive" AMG's
AAAH, who are we talking about here? because defenitley it aint me. MKB and PP-performance are not some cheap Ebay products.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim's500E
RennTECH rocks...if you can afford an SLS (for example) you can afford their products.

Say hello to Nick the mechanic...from 500E Jim in CT.
hello jim, The issue is not about not being able to pay.....The issue is about getting what you pay for.....Welcome to the discussion
if you think they rock, get an SLS and tune it with them, and lets see how keep up with my brother (Nimir Qatar)

Last edited by jacob502; 03-24-2011 at 02:45 AM. Reason: name change
Old 03-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Banned

2011 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG
Im an SLS owner and I say rennTech products are way over priced. MKB can pull up the horses upto 638 hp with only tuning no other mods added. Why would a person go for 8500 dollars for just 20 hp while you can get more than 60 hp for more than half the price? And if ypu are talking about quality, im definetely sure that Brabus, Carlesson are better than Rentech for Mercedes. The evidence is that Mercedes each year send some of their vehicles to Brabus for modifications. So please dont compare Renntech with Brabus and other German tuners. There is no comparision.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nimir Qatar
Im an SLS owner and I say rennTech products are way over priced. MKB can pull up the horses upto 638 hp with only tuning no other mods added. Why would a person go for 8500 dollars for just 20 hp while you can get more than 60 hp for more than half the price? And if ypu are talking about quality, im definetely sure that Brabus, Carlesson are better than Rentech for Mercedes. The evidence is that Mercedes each year send some of their vehicles to Brabus for modifications. So please dont compare Renntech with Brabus and other German tuners. There is no comparision.
well said bro, %100 fact. Now, trying to convince others, is a little difficuilt. Maybe we need to show em the hard way.

Remeber what we did to the guy with the C63 with renntech mods last year?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jacob502
well said bro, %100 fact. Now, trying to convince others, is a little difficuilt. Maybe we need to show em the hard way.

Remeber what we did to the guy with the C63 with renntech mods last year?
I think now he switched to MKB after realizing how weak his C63 compared to our C63
Old 03-25-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
How do you get 60 bhp from a nat *** engine with just tuning , re mapping
I presume. I had my SL63 re mapped with a promise of 30 bhp, most
members laughed and said you would be lucky to get 10 bhp.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Your post is so distorted that I don't know where to start:

MKB did NOT achieve 638 hp with just a tune; it was actually:

- Tune
- "Sportier Exhaust" (that's a big one)
- Performance Air Filters
- Possibly Lightweight wheels (those alone are good for 10 hp)

By the way, Mercedes does send vehicles to RENNtech as well.

Brabus does not have a good high performance program for most of the Mercedes line-up.... they have only focused on stuffing their modified 600 engine into every model. Granted it is a good program for that engine, but that is all they have. Lets explore some of the other model line-up:

- Brabus has a weak (almost no presence) in the 55k mod world, such as, SL55, E55, S55, CLS55, CL55, etc.... They offer a very weak program while RENNtech offers a plethora of potent products which yield stronger results. In fact, I think any properly setup RENNtech 55k car would destroy the Brabus counter version as seen in all the 1/4 mile results listed all over the place in the past 7 years.

- Brabus has weak (or no presence) in the 63 modding world except just recently they came out with a twin turbo system that ONLY fits the SLS (on which sadly adds 100 hp only while almost any respectful twin turbo system have been shown to add 200+ hp or more). Aside from that, they only offers a tune + sport cats for $20,000 to all other 63 models. Go look at the Brabus catalog for the SL63, CL63, E63, CLS63, C63, etc.... they offer nothing but a tune and sport cats. RENNtech offers shorty headers, long-tube headers, tune, carbon fiber airboxes, sport cats, front intake system, suspension, stabilizer bars, throttle bodies, and the list goes on....

- Even if you compare the old 32 kompressor engines and naturally aspirated 55 engines, you'll see Brabus had nothing to offer. They only focused on upgrading the 600 engine and stuffing it into lower models.

When it comes to MKB, on the other hand, I do agree that they do have a solid performance line, but don't forget, they are even more expensive than RENNtech.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Your post is so distorted that I don't know where to start:.
The only dissorted person is you

MKB did NOT achieve 638 hp with just a tune; it was actually:

- Tune
- "Sportier Exhaust" (that's a big one)
- Performance Air Filters
- Possibly Lightweight wheels (those alone are good for 10 hp).
Read this:
I dont know where in the world you added performance air filter and sport exaust system , check your sources, let me help you:
http://www.mkb-tuning.de/content/en/...ews.php#news_1

"MKB offers only a software upgrade in the first tuning stage as the engine hardware of the Mercedes SLS is very promising. The super sports car can show its full power potential by using the MKB performance electronic engine management: its performance is a clear statement: 0-100 km/h: 3,7 s,
0-200 km/h: 10,5 s, Vmax: 330 km/h (with speed limiter). "

- Brabus has weak (or no presence) in the 63 modding world except just recently they came out with a twin turbo system that ONLY fits the SLS (on which sadly adds 100 hp only while almost any respectful twin turbo system have been shown to add 200+ hp or more). Aside from that, they only offers a tune + sport cats for $20,000 to all other 63 models. Go look at the Brabus catalog for the SL63, CL63, E63, CLS63, C63, etc.... they offer nothing .
Wrong again, They equiped a twin turbo system for the ML 63, and you can view it in thier website.....oh, and what other tuner provides a twin turbo system for the 63 amg engine besides brabus??.....Is It Renntech?
- Even if you compare the old 32 kompressor engines and naturally aspirated 55 engines, you'll see Brabus had nothing to offer. They only focused on upgrading the 600 engine and stuffing it into lower models..
We dont care about the 55 engines, our concern is with the 63 engines

- When it comes to MKB, on the other hand, I do agree that they do have a solid performance line, but don't forget, they are even more expensive than RENNtech.
We agree on one thing, The solid Performance! and for the ECU tune they are offering for +67 HP, which is more that Renntech, they are offering a way better price. My brother and I have already contacted them and they gave us a price which is alot cheaper than what renntech is offering. Scroll up the page and visit thier website, give them a call, and then come back and argue with me.
You can argue all you want. Ive been in the tuning arena a long time. you bring an SLS with a renntech tune, and I gurantee you 10 times out of 10 a tuned SLS from MKB will smoke the hell out of it.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sound 8
Trut me, I'm laughing at you even more. I tuned my SL 63 AMG. And I defenitley got more than 10 HP. If your going to post crazy stuff like that, please provide which tuner ripped you off, so that we could stay away from em
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sound 8
I agree with you

because it seems you reflashed it with Renntech
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
The only dissorted person is you
Wow.... resorting to personal attacks when failing to communicate. I said the post not YOU or post owner.

Read this:
I dont know where in the world you added performance air filter and sport exaust system , check your sources, let me help you:
http://www.mkb-tuning.de/content/en/...ews.php#news_1

"MKB offers only a software upgrade in the first tuning stage as the engine hardware of the Mercedes SLS is very promising. The super sports car can show its full power potential by using the MKB performance electronic engine management: its performance is a clear statement: 0-100 km/h: 3,7 s,
0-200 km/h: 10,5 s, Vmax: 330 km/h (with speed limiter). "
You are getting the information from the company that is selling the product... that has to be the most bias source you could ever get. You should link to independent sources or independent dynos by independent companies.

Here is one independent source that (at least) supports the exhaust mods and possibly the wheels:

http://www.motorward.com/2011/02/mkb-mercedes-sls-amg/

"The power of the Merc’s V8 is upgraded from 570 to 638 hp and torque from 650 to 710Nm. That’s achieved using classic methods, ECU upgrade, sportier exhausts, and performance air filters."

Wrong again, They equiped a twin turbo system for the ML 63, and you can view it in thier website.....oh, and what other tuner provides a twin turbo system for the 63 amg engine besides brabus??.....Is It Renntech?

We dont care about the 55 engines, our concern is with the 63 engines
Yeah but you failed to mention that they were not approved to sell the kit here in the US because the transmission could not handle the torque upgrade. Brabus did nothing to improve the transmission, which already had problems in the ML in its stock state to begin with because the car was so heavy. It is easy to make big power, but not big power reliably. In fact, Brabus even denied my request to ship a car to them in Europe to do the upgrade and still said NO after multiple offers. Here in the US, they would get sued to death. They only built 6 MLs and sold them to a few naive folks mostly in the middle east where regulation doesn't exist for this scenario. Remember, it's not only about making power, but making power reliably is what counts. You have to make it last the customer a life time without hassles or problems.

Oh and that's a good one by the way..... you don't care about the 55k engine but you care about an ML63 The 55k was one of the best and most fun engines of its times. It yielded very high gains when modded for fairly cheap pricing, and the engine has the solid reputation of lasting a very long time despite the heavy modifications. Oh and can you tell me what Brabus offers for the C63, E63, CLS63, SL63 or any other model than the ML63 or SLS ? Let me answer that for you.... nothing except for an ECU tune and sport cats for $20k. And yes, I did call their US distributor here and was quoted $20k for that package. By the way, do you not care about the 32k engine or naturally aspirated 55 engines (as in the slk) as well?

We agree on one thing, The solid Performance! and for the ECU tune they are offering for +67 HP, which is more that Renntech, they are offering a way better price. My brother and I have already contacted them and they gave us a price which is alot cheaper than what renntech is offering. Scroll up the page and visit thier website, give them a call, and then come back and argue with me.
You can argue all you want. Ive been in the tuning arena a long time. you bring an SLS with a renntech tune, and I gurantee you 10 times out of 10 a tuned SLS from MKB will smoke the hell out of it.
Do you even know how much MKB charges for tune and manifolds for the C63? They charge $18k for that. Also, they charge $10k for an ECU tune and sport cats here in the U.S.

You've been in the "tuning arena a long time" yet you don't care about the 55k engine or the 32k engine or most of the 63 engines????? Wow that has got to be one of the best comments ever

Bottom line is that Brabus's performance product line is limited. They focus more on wheels and cosmetics. They look for naive people who want to believe that the brand name is heaven and that they are getting a killer deal. For true performance enthusiasts, it would be a very hard sell to convince them to buy a Brabus Bullit for $600k while they can easily get much better cars that will smoke the living crap out of it for much less money and without waiting one whole year to get their product.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 03-25-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:53 AM
Banned

Wow.... resorting to personal attacks when failing to communicate. I said the post not YOU or post owner. .
Personal Attacks? are you bleeding?....I certainly am not failing to communicate, your the one whos failing to not believe what I said

You are getting the information from the company that is selling the product... that has to be the most bias source you could ever get. You should link to independent sources or independent dynos by independent companies.

Here is one independent source that (at least) supports the exhaust mods and possibly the wheels:

http://www.motorward.com/2011/02/mkb-mercedes-sls-amg/

"The power of the Merc’s V8 is upgraded from 570 to 638 hp and torque from 650 to 710Nm. That’s achieved using classic methods, ECU upgrade, sportier exhausts, and performance air filters." .
That website is BullS*it. they always claim false information. I mean common, listen to yourself. Your saying that MKB would lie about thier horsepower gain for the SLS? A respected well know German tuner?. your right, we both need proof. I'll be happy to post a dyno sheet for the SLS in month when my brother tunes his SLS with them. Ive worked with them on alot of my cars. I am highly confident that they will deliver.

Yeah but you failed to mention that they were not approved to sell the kit here in the US because the transmission could not handle the torque upgrade. Brabus did nothing to improve the transmission, which already had problems in the ML in its stock state to begin with because the car was so heavy. It is easy to make big power, but not big power reliably. In fact, Brabus even denied my request to ship a car to them in Europe to do the upgrade and still said NO after multiple offers. Here in the US, they would get sued to death. They only built 6 MLs and sold them to a few naive folks mostly in the middle east where regulation doesn't exist for this scenario. Remember, it's not only about making power, but making power reliably is what counts. You have to make it last the customer a life time without hassles or problems..
what you said may or may not be true. I dont know. I was replying about the twin turbo system that you mentioned about Brabus. Brabus are the only ones that equip the 63 AMG engine with twin turbos. There is no need to make negative comments about Midlle-Easterns. I really dont think the issue with the ML was the transmission in the US. If you do, please site your source

Oh and that's a good one by the way..... you don't care about the 55k engine but you care about an ML63 The 55k was one of the best and most fun engines of its times. It yielded very high gains when modded for fairly cheap pricing, and the engine has the solid reputation of lasting a very long time despite the heavy modifications. Oh and can you tell me what Brabus offers for the C63, E63, CLS63, SL63 or any other model than the ML63 or SLS ? Let me answer that for you.... nothing except for an ECU tune and sport cats for $20k. And yes, I did call their US distributor here and was quoted $20k for that package. By the way, do you not care about the 32k engine or naturally aspirated 55 engines (as in the slk) as well? ..
First of all I never said Brabus are Cheap tuners. I also did not mention that I chose them as my first option. What is the issue between you and Brabus. I never worked with Brabus, because like you said, they are expensive. They do have a solid performance for thier twin turbo system in the SLS though( that Renntech would never beat). My issue is not with money, but with getting what you pay for. Oh and by the way, I owned both an E55 and an SL 55, and my E55 was tuned through renntech< it was super. I said it in thid thread, thier work for the 55 is excellent, but for the 63, NO COMMENT ...

Do you even know how much MKB charges for tune and manifolds for the C63? They charge $18k for that. Also, they charge $10k for an ECU tune and sport cats here in the U.S....
I was talking about the TUNE ONLY. Yes I do know. I can even show you the E-mail I got from them. For the MKB P 640 package that raises power to 638, the charge is 3400 Euros. Now you want to pay renntech more than 18 k for 65 horsepower when you can get this. GO ahead. Even if MKB provided a mod with manifolds and filters (which they dont for the SLS) I would take em over renntech any day.

You've been in the "tuning arena a long time" yet you don't care about the 55k engine or the 32k engine or most of the 63 engines????? Wow that has got to be one of the best comments ever ...
I think you have issues reading. Learn how to understand when people are replying to your pathetic and laughable posts. I owned an E55 and an SL 55. I owned a C 63 and I crrently drive an SL 63. and your saying that I dont care about those cars? When I commented about the " I dont care about the 55 engine" I meant it for this post, and that It was off-topic, because it seems that your tryig to introduce new topics when you cant answer..

Bottom line is that Brabus's performance product line is limited. They focus more on wheels and cosmetics. They look for naive people who want to believe that the brand name is heaven and that they are getting a killer deal. For true performance enthusiasts, it would be a very hard sell to convince them to buy a Brabus Bullit for $600k while they can easily get much better cars that will smoke the living crap out of it for much less money and without waiting one whole year to get their product.
Again your mentioning Brabus. Dude there are other German options if you dont like Brabus. Have you heard of PP-performance? Carlsson? Lorinser? Kleeman?

try to stick to the main topic please. Let me remind you:

Renntech tune (over $18000) +65 HP
MBK ECU Tune (3400 Euros) +67 HP

hey man, were happy with #2 option. When you get an SLS tune with renntech, come and race with my brother (Nimir qatar).

Last edited by jacob502; 03-26-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added a phrase
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Personal Attacks? are you bleeding?....I certainly am not failing to communicate, your the one whos failing to not believe what I said
You can go back and read your post which I quoted... you said that I was distored not my post, which is different than saying that my opinion is distored or that my writing is off. Looks like you have trouble communicating or even understanding what you're posting

That website is BullS*it. they always claim false information. I mean common, listen to yourself. Your saying that MKB would lie about thier horsepower gain for the SLS? A respected well know German tuner?. your right, we both need proof.
LOL.... the burden of proof is on MKB not us. When I produce a product and claim it produces an X amount of power, I have to produce proof.... I can't release it and tell people prove me wrong? When you say "that website is BullS*it", is that your own opinion? Which I take it is also without proof

I'll be happy to post a dyno sheet for the SLS in month when my brother tunes his SLS with them. Ive worked with them on alot of my cars. I am highly confident that they will deliver.
I can also post a dyno sheet of my car making over 530 +rwhp bone stock. Go check out how dyno sheets vary on the BMW boards. It would be better to provide an independent dyno sheet before and after the upgrade and also a 1/4 mile video/slip with the results.

what you said may or may not be true. I dont know. I was replying about the twin turbo system that you mentioned about Brabus. Brabus are the only ones that equip the 63 AMG engine with twin turbos.
Not completely accurate. To make the statement above more accurate, you have to add that they only provide the twin turbo system for the ML63 and/or SLS models. They do not provide much upgrades (at all) for any of the other models: C63, E63, CLS63, CL63, SL63, etc... and that fact alone is not very encouraging for a "big shot" German tuner. It means they feel they wouldn't be able to produce big power without a twin turbo system; and even then, it would be limited to 2 models. To make matters worse, their twin turbo system (sadly) does not produce enough power on the SLS compared to any other half decent turbo system on the planet... there are turbo system out there, which can produce double the power from a smaller engine.... not to mention that the install time at Brabus HQ, with all their resources and power (not at some authorized dealer/distributer), is ONE WHOLE YEAR if not more

There is no need to make negative comments about Midlle-Easterns. I really dont think the issue with the ML was the transmission in the US. If you do, please site your source
I didn't make a negative comment about all Middle Easterns. I said some of them are naive just as you have naive people in every culture.... Wow, I didn't know you are that sensitive Go read my post again; I said some.

In regards to the ML tranny problems, go search the ML section for transmission problems. Many of the early MLs had transmission problems and many were replaced. Also go check out the TSBs from the dealers and ask why they were replacing transmissions left and right.... I guess maybe it was something else

First of all I never said Brabus are Cheap tuners. I also did not mention that I chose them as my first option. What is the issue between you and Brabus. I never worked with Brabus, because like you said, they are expensive. They do have a solid performance for thier twin turbo system in the SLS though( that Renntech would never beat). My issue is not with money, but with getting what you pay for.
Unfortunately this argument can be applied to any amount of money. The amount 3500 Euros is approximately 5,000 dollars. If you go to any American tuner, you'll see them tuning cars for 300 to 800 dollars.... and yes they will quote you the same hp gains. People argue all the time that a 2,000 dollar tune is way too expensive let alone a 5,000 tune. What you think is too much may not be much for someone else. Also, there is still no proof that nearly 70 hp can be attained (safely) from a 91 octane tune only on a naturally aspirated and already-super-tuned car. It is easy to make power, but I guess not easy to make power reliably. In fact, I think MKB had a hard time gaining 70 horsepower from their regular CL65 tune. So you make the judgement whether everybody has the right to be critical about that claim or not. As a customer, you should be MOST critical - not the other way around.

Oh and by the way, I owned both an E55 and an SL 55, and my E55 was tuned through renntech< it was super. I said it in thid thread, thier work for the 55 is excellent, but for the 63, NO COMMENT...
LOL... it seems like you owned a lot of cars with the 55k engine for someone who posted that they don't care about that specific engine. Yeah yeah, try to back peddle your way out of it by saying oh it was for this post only. That engine was a super fun engine while it lasted, and any decent respectful tuner should have many upgrades and parts for it (cough not Brabus) To be fair though, they did try to push a few upgrades later in the development cycle but it was just too late, they missed the train by a long shot

I was talking about the TUNE ONLY. Yes I do know. I can even show you the E-mail I got from them. For the MKB P 640 package that raises power to 638, the charge is 3400 Euros. Now you want to pay renntech more than 18 k for 65 horsepower when you can get this. GO ahead. Even if MKB provided a mod with manifolds and filters (which they dont for the SLS) I would take em over renntech any day.
You seem to have a big issue with RENNtech.... no wonder your opinion is coming off so bias.... in my experience, all competent tuners essentially fall within 10 hp from each other because they all do roughly the same thing. It is not a secret recepie or magic juice. All tuners eventually look at each other's files. If most of the tuners out there are claiming roughly +30 hp increase from an ECU tune, then I am more inclined to believe that a regular street 91 octane ECU tune can yield +30 hp by itself. You can go ahead and buy the super magic ECU Tune which claims to increase power by nearly 70 hp without any other modifications if you like though RENNtech's claims have always been conservative and repeatable.

I think you have issues reading. Learn how to understand when people are replying to your pathetic and laughable posts. I owned an E55 and an SL 55. I owned a C 63 and I crrently drive an SL 63. and your saying that I dont care about those cars? When I commented about the " I dont care about the 55 engine" I meant it for this post
Nice try attempting to get out of your pathetic comment . I take it you won't admit that it was a mistake then? The quality of the tuners was in question in this argument just as much as the upgrades were. And unfortunately your super hot shot tuner Brabus does not offer much upgrades for the 55k engine (nor for the NA 55 engine). As for MKB, they only recently started releasing serious upgrades for that platform a couple of years ago, but they were way too late to the party and still their package(s) are not as comprehensive or as powerful as the RENNtech and KLEEMANN packages. By the way, shouldn't a good reputable tuner like Brabus offer many upgrades for the 55k engine and 55 engines? Also, shouldn't a big power tuner like MKB offer many upgrades for the entire 63 model line up: C63, E63, CLS63, S63, SL63, etc....? They only offer tune and shorty headers, which you actually have to weld (not bolt-on) to the stock exhaust system. In comparison, RENNtech offers: tune, shorty headers (100% bolt-on), long-tube headers, CF air boxes, throttle bodies, sport mufflers, suspension parts, and the list goes on and on....

Again your mentioning Brabus. Dude there are other German options if you dont like Brabus. Have you heard of PP-performance? Carlsson? Lorinser? Kleeman?
You mentioned high quality German tuners and listed Brabus as an example, so I used them in my argument. By the way, Carlsson or Lorinser are NOT any better. Go check what they offer for the 63 or the 55k engine or the 55 NA engines and compare it to what RENNtech offers? You'll see they do not offer much at all. Carlsson uses Supersprint for their headers so we would not be able to consider it as one of their own products since RENNtech (and any other company or shop for that matter) can use SuperSprint headers as well

hey man, were happy with #2 option. When you get an SLS tune with renntech, come and race with my brother (Nimir qatar).
The sad part is that MKB's CL65 only ran 11.6 in the 1/4 mile vs RENNtech's CL65 which ran 10.65 @ 132+ mph in not so optimum conditions. Go check dragtimes for the video Actually, it gets worse.... MKB's 1000 hp SL65 Black Series only ran 11.20s in the 1/4 mile which is a far cry compared to RENNtech's CL65, which is a much bigger car and considerably heavier than a regular SL65 let alone an SL65 Black Series that has got to be a little embarrassing Yeah go make some excuses about traction and whatever else

Last edited by MB_Forever; 03-26-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

You can go back and read your post which I quoted... you said that I was distored not my post, which is different than saying that my opinion is distored or that my writing is off. Looks like you have trouble communicating or even understanding what you're posting
Speak for yourself. Oh, and you are a dissorted person

LOL.... the burden of proof is on MKB not us. When I produce a product and claim it produces an X amount of power, I have to produce proof
Contact them. They have dyno sheets. and you will get your proof.

I can also post a dyno sheet of my car making over 530 +rwhp bone stock.
LOOOOOOOL. Show me

Not completely accurate. To make the statement above more accurate, you have to add that they only provide the twin turbo system for the ML63 and/or SLS models. They do not provide much upgrades (at all) for any of the other models: C63, E63, CLS63, CL63, SL63,.
I never said Brabus made twin turbo systems for the other models pal. I only mentiond the ML and SLS.

I didn't make a negative comment about all Middle Easterns..
You better not
I didn't know you are that sensitive ..
No, I just dont want to say anything against you that would get me banned

In regards to the ML tranny problems, go search the ML section for transmission problems. Many of the early MLs had transmission problems and many were replaced. Also go check out the TSBs from the dealers and ask why they were replacing transmissions left and right.... I guess maybe it was something else
Another off-topic issue. Please stay on topic

Unfortunately this argument can be applied to any amount of money. The amount 3500 Euros is approximately 5,000 dollars. If you go to any American tuner, you'll see them tuning cars for 300 to 800 dollars.... and yes they will quote you the same hp gains. People argue all the time that a 2,000 dollar tune is way too expensive let alone a 5,000 tune. What you think is too much may not be much for someone else. Also, there is still no proof that nearly 70 hp can be attained (safely) from a 91 octane tune only on a naturally aspirated and already-super-tuned car. It is easy to make power, but I guess not easy to make power reliably. In fact, I think MKB had a hard time gaining 70 horsepower from their regular CL65 tune. So you make the judgement whether everybody has the right to be critical about that claim or not. As a customer, you should be MOST critical - not the other way around.
The issue is not benig able to pay, but getting what you pay for. You are correct about customers benig critical though

LOL... it seems like you owned a lot of cars with the 55k engine for someone who posted that they don't care about that specific engine. Yeah yeah, try to back peddle your way out of it by saying oh it was for this post only. That engine was a super fun engine while it lasted, and any decent respectful tuner should have many upgrades and parts for it (cough not Brabus) To be fair though, they did try to push a few upgrades later in the development cycle but it was just too late, they missed the train by a long shot .
Why are you making Brabus my favorite tuner? Dude, I had my E55 tuned with Renntech. I never said Brabus were better than renntech. Who screwed a 2inch metal in your brain. get your fuses fixed. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I tuned my E55 with renntech. IF you like I will send you photos of my car with thier mods in private.

You seem to have a big issue with RENNtech.
Well Hello, DUUh, I had my C63 tuned through them. If you read my posts earlier you would have known.
.... no wonder your opinion is coming off so bias.... in my experience, all competent tuners essentially fall within 10 hp from each other because they all do roughly the same thing. It is not a secret recepie or magic juice. All tuners eventually look at each other's files. If most of the tuners out there are claiming roughly +30 hp increase from an ECU tune, then I am more inclined to believe that a regular street 91 octane ECU tune can yield +30 hp by itself. You can go ahead and buy the super magic ECU Tune which claims to increase power by nearly 70 hp without any other modifications.
Ok forget German tuners for a sec and lets stick with American tuners. So you are telling me an ECU C63 tuned from Evosport is the same as an ECU C63 tuned from MHP and the diffrence is 10 HP? that has to be one big BS
.... if you like though RENNtech's claims have always been conservative and repeatable. .
Extreme . You propabley havent tuned with them. Let me see how you are when you have a C63 tuned with them?. I wasnt

Nice try attempting to get out of your pathetic comment . I take it you won't admit that it was a mistake then? The quality of the tuners was in question in this argument just as much as the upgrades were. And unfortunately your super hot shot tuner Brabus does not offer much upgrades for the 55k engine (nor for the NA 55 engine)..
For the Last time, Brabus is not my favorite, and they are better than renntech, nor did I mention that. Go back to my posts and tell me where I preferred Brabus over renntech??

You mentioned high quality German tuners and listed Brabus as an example, so I used them in my argument. By the way, Carlsson or Lorinser are NOT any better. Go check what they offer for the 63 or the 55k engine or the 55 NA engines and compare it to what RENNtech offers? You'll see they do not offer much at all. Carlsson uses Supersprint for their headers so we would not be able to consider it as one of their own products since RENNtech (and any other company or shop for that matter) can use SuperSprint headers as well ..
For the Last time. Please and I mean please, just stick with the 63 AMG

The sad part is that MKB's CL65 only ran 11.6 in the 1/4 mile vs RENNtech's CL65 which ran 10.65 @ 132+ mph in not so optimum conditions. Go check dragtimes for the video Actually, it gets worse.... MKB's 1000 hp SL65 Black Series only ran 11.20s in the 1/4 mile which is a far cry compared to RENNtech's CL65, which is a much bigger car and considerably heavier than a regular SL65 let alone an SL65 Black Series that has got to be a little embarrassing Yeah go make some excuses about traction and whatever else
Please 63 63 63.

and for your information, MKB has 1000 HP SL 65 black series. Can Renntech beat that?
Old 03-27-2011, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Speak for yourself. Oh, and you are a dissorted person
LOL... one can tell when a person runs out of ideas, they resort to personal attacks. It's okay though, I think you can't help it Einstein

Contact them. They have dyno sheets. and you will get your proof.
Wow... I think you missed the point of my post completely . Let me spell it out for you: do NOT rely on a dyno sheet that is provided from the company in question because dyno sheets can be manipulated. It happens all the time. The dyno operator can add a correction factor or dyno in different conditions in order to show pretty much whatever gains he/she likes.

LOOOOOOOL. Show me bs
LOL.... I take it you don't know how dynos work. Here is my thread where my car made over 500 whp with 100% stock configuration:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tang-dyno.html

I knew immediately the dyno was incorrect and there has to be some type of caliberation issue with the machine or there was some type of problem with the correction factor because my car can NOT dyno at 500 hp to the wheels. However, that does not prevent a dyno operator from producing a high (or low) dyno sheet. This should show you that any dyno operator can produce any dyno sheet they want. You just manipulate the correction factor before and after the runs. This has been happening in the M3 world for a long time and every couple of months you'll find a big debate/scandale about it in one of the forums.

I never said Brabus made twin turbo systems for the other models pal. I only mentiond the ML and SLS.
The question was not whether they had twin turbo system for all the models. The question was this: if they were such a big power tuner, then why don't they offer a LOT of mods for the rest of the 63 line up? They lack presence in the rest of the 63 models. And even with the ML63 twin turbo system, it can NOT be ordered in the US even through Brabus directly, and I'm guessing it probably can not be ordered in many other countries as well, which means those customers would be left with a tune + sport cats for $20k

You better not
Oh okay.... I get it now.... are you a Middle Eastern who got butt-hurt when you thought someone was screwing you?

No, I just dont want to say anything against you that would get me banned
When you feel you have to resort to that level, it usually means you ran out of intellectual ideas. Anybody can get into a pissing contest to get the thread closed or two members banned

Another off-topic issue. Please stay on topic
I like how you try to dodge points that you know you can't answer.... it became part of the discussion and I answered your question. But if you want to leave this issue aside, no problem

The issue is not benig able to pay, but getting what you pay for. You are correct about customers benig critical though
I can't believe I just read that last sentence... you are making very good progress Yes.... customers should be critical and careful before believing any claims by any company no matter how good the company's reputation is. The magazine/website which claims that MKB had an exhaust mod along with an ECU tune and air filters must have gotten that information from somewhere. They didn't just invent it. They probably asked MKB or one of their employees/representatives, and they told them what was installed on the car. I know that does not prove what was actually on the car and it also does not disprove it. However, it does raise a reasonable enough doubt to start checking into the details more carefully.

Why are you making Brabus my favorite tuner? Dude, I had my E55 tuned with Renntech. I never said Brabus were better than renntech. Who screwed a 2inch metal in your brain. get your fuses fixed. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I tuned my E55 with renntech. IF you like I will send you photos of my car with thier mods in private.
Brabus, as one of the big German tuners, is (unfortunately) limited in their product line; they tend to be way overpriced, and takes a very long time to deliver a product.

Yeah... I would like to see those photos And if RENNtech was so good to you in tuning your E55, why would they all of a sudden be bad when tuning your 63?

Ok forget German tuners for a sec and lets stick with American tuners. So you are telling me an ECU C63 tuned from Evosport is the same as an ECU C63 tuned from MHP and the diffrence is 10 HP? that has to be one big BS
LOL... this comment shows that you definitely were not involved in the "tuning arena" for 10 years

First of all, Evosport does not tune files, they actually use Powerchip for tuning and Powerchip is Australian. Also, MHP does not tune files locally, they also use a German tuner. So none of them are American. You must've been very involved in the "tuning arena" for a very long time to know this information

What I was trying to explain to you was that eventually every tuning company will see other company's tuning files. Consider this hypothetical situation: lets say someone here in the US purchased an MKB tune for a C63. Then after a while that customer became unhappy with the tune or maybe got bored with it and wanted something new. So the customer goes to Powerchip to re-tune his car. Well... guess what? Powerchip now has a MKB tune. They have the ECU at their control and can read out the file. This is all hypothetically speaking of course. Anyways, then the customer doesn't like the new tune so he goes to Kleemann for a new tune. Guess what? Now Kleemann has a Powerchip tune. Then the customer goes back to MKB. Guess what? Now MKB has a Kleemann tune. Any competent tuner can read out any file and see what changes were made. Tuning is NOT a secret. The top tuners modify (mostly) the same parameters. Yes there are differences, but they are much more common than they are different.

For the Last time, Brabus is not my favorite, and they are better than renntech, nor did I mention that. Go back to my posts and tell me where I preferred Brabus over renntech??
I started my discussion about Brabus in response to this post by Nimir Qatar. Here it is quoted in case you missed it:

He claimed one tuner was better than the other. So I tried to explain that Brabus maybe better for a couple of models, but for most of the Mercedes lineup, his statement is incorrect. Also, the prices he gave for RENNtech were also in correct. RENNtech charges $3500 for ECU tune and the gains are 30 hp NOT 20 hp. I think he confused the long-tube header information with the ECU. Anyways, then (all of a sudden) you budged in here and started defending Brabus and crying about it and tried to turn the discussion into only the 63 models that Brabus twin turbos and tried to eliminate one of the best and most important engines that Mercedes/AMG developed: the 55k

For the Last time. Please and I mean please, just stick with the 63 AMG
I know you want it to be off topic because you can't answer it. However, it is on topic and it was part of the discussion about tuners

and for your information, MKB has 1000 HP SL 65 black series. Can Renntech beat that?
Oh my God.... I just stated that point in the comment you quoted. Can you read? Of course I know that MKB has a 1000 hp Black Series. Go back and read what you quoted me. Here is what I said:

MKB's 1000 hp SL65 Black Series only ran 11.20s in the 1/4 mile which is a far cry compared to RENNtech's CL65, which is a much bigger car and considerably heavier than a regular SL65 let alone an SL65 Black Series that has got to be a little embarrassing Yeah go make some excuses about traction and whatever else
But here is what you still don't realize. RENNtech's CL65 (which is only 800 hp) beat MKB's Black Series (which is 1000 hp) in the 1/4 mile. Not to mention that RENNtech's car was bigger, heavier, older, so it should of lost to MKB big time. However that was not the case. I would be pissed if I spend all that money for the MKB 1000 hp package and then lose to a RENNtech CL65.

Here is RENNtech's CL65 1/4 mile race video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyUYI2sdJSI

In comparison, MKB's 1000 hp Black Series only ran 11.1 despite having more power and costing $170,000

Last edited by MB_Forever; 03-27-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

LOL... one can tell when a person runs out of ideas, they resort to personal attacks. It's okay though, I think you can't help it Einstein

Wow... I think you missed the point of my post completely . Let me spell it out for you: do NOT rely on a dyno sheet that is provided from the company in question because dyno sheets can be manipulated. It happens all the time. The dyno operator can add a correction factor or dyno in different conditions in order to show pretty much whatever gains he/she likes.

LOL.... I take it you don't know how dynos work. Here is my thread where my car made over 500 whp with 100% stock configuration:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tang-dyno.html

I knew immediately the dyno was incorrect and there has to be some type of caliberation issue with the machine or there was some type of problem with the correction factor because my car can NOT dyno at 500 hp to the wheels. However, that does not prevent a dyno operator from producing a high (or low) dyno sheet. This should show you that any dyno operator can produce any dyno sheet they want. You just manipulate the correction factor before and after the runs. This has been happening in the M3 world for a long time and every couple of months you'll find a big debate/scandale about it in one of the forums.

The question was not whether they had twin turbo system for all the models. The question was this: if they were such a big power tuner, then why don't they offer a LOT of mods for the rest of the 63 line up? They lack presence in the rest of the 63 models. And even with the ML63 twin turbo system, it can NOT be ordered in the US even through Brabus directly, and I'm guessing it probably can not be ordered in many other countries as well, which means those customers would be left with a tune + sport cats for $20k

.... I get it now.... are you a Middle Eastern who got butt-hurt when you thought somOh okayeone was screwing you?

When you feel you have to resort to that level, it usually means you ran out of intellectual ideas. Anybody can get into a pissing contest to get the thread closed or two members banned

I like how you try to dodge points that you know you can't answer.... it became part of the discussion and I answered your question. But if you want to leave this issue aside, no problem

I can't believe I just read that last sentence... you are making very good progress Yes.... customers should be critical and careful before believing any claims by any company no matter how good the company's reputation is. The magazine/website which claims that MKB had an exhaust mod along with an ECU tune and air filters must have gotten that information from somewhere. They didn't just invent it. They probably asked MKB or one of their employees/representatives, and they told them what was installed on the car. I know that does not prove what was actually on the car and it also does not disprove it. However, it does raise a reasonable enough doubt to start checking into the details more carefully.

Brabus, as one of the big German tuners, is (unfortunately) limited in their product line; they tend to be way overpriced, and takes a very long time to deliver a product.

Yeah... I would like to see those photos And if RENNtech was so good to you in tuning your E55, why would they all of a sudden be bad when tuning your 63?

LOL... this comment shows that you definitely were not involved in the "tuning arena" for 10 years

First of all, Evosport does not tune files, they actually use Powerchip for tuning and Powerchip is Australian. Also, MHP does not tune files locally, they also use a German tuner. So none of them are American. You must've been very involved in the "tuning arena" for a very long time to know this information

What I was trying to explain to you was that eventually every tuning company will see other company's tuning files. Consider this hypothetical situation: lets say someone here in the US purchased an MKB tune for a C63. Then after a while that customer became unhappy with the tune or maybe got bored with it and wanted something new. So the customer goes to Powerchip to re-tune his car. Well... guess what? Powerchip now has a MKB tune. They have the ECU at their control and can read out the file. This is all hypothetically speaking of course. Anyways, then the customer doesn't like the new tune so he goes to Kleemann for a new tune. Guess what? Now Kleemann has a Powerchip tune. Then the customer goes back to MKB. Guess what? Now MKB has a Kleemann tune. Any competent tuner can read out any file and see what changes were made. Tuning is NOT a secret. The top tuners modify (mostly) the same parameters. Yes there are differences, but they are much more common than they are different.

I started my discussion about Brabus in response to this post by Nimir Qatar. Here it is quoted in case you missed it:

He claimed one tuner was better than the other. So I tried to explain that Brabus maybe better for a couple of models, but for most of the Mercedes lineup, his statement is incorrect. Also, the prices he gave for RENNtech were also in correct. RENNtech charges $3500 for ECU tune and the gains are 30 hp NOT 20 hp. I think he confused the long-tube header information with the ECU. Anyways, then (all of a sudden) you budged in here and started defending Brabus and crying about it and tried to turn the discussion into only the 63 models that Brabus twin turbos and tried to eliminate one of the best and most important engines that Mercedes/AMG developed: the 55k

I know you want it to be off topic because you can't answer it. However, it is on topic and it was part of the discussion about tuners

Oh my God.... I just stated that point in the comment you quoted. Can you read? Of course I know that MKB has a 1000 hp Black Series. Go back and read what you quoted me. Here is what I said:

But here is what you still don't realize. RENNtech's CL65 (which is only 800 hp) beat MKB's Black Series (which is 1000 hp) in the 1/4 mile. Not to mention that RENNtech's car was bigger, heavier, older, so it should of lost to MKB big time. However that was not the case. I would be pissed if I spend all that money for the MKB 1000 hp package and then lose to a RENNtech CL65.

Here is RENNtech's CL65 1/4 mile race video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyUYI2sdJSI

In comparison, MKB's 1000 hp Black Series only ran 11.1 despite having more power and costing $170,000
Wow I'm really convinced. Arent you tired already?. Ok people listen to this pathetic person. He knows everything. Since i have not been in the tuning game for ten years as he said. I dont want to bother anymore with stubborn people like you. Believe what you want to believe. Its not a crime to be a retard.

By the way that quarter mile run for the SL 65 black series from MKB was on a whole diffrent track and coditions. you get both the CL and SL on the same time and track and you'll change your lousy talk instantly. consider this my last post towards you.Not that I cant answer or reply, but tired of convincing hard headed people like yourself. I only wish I could meet up and race with you. It would be really good to smoke your *** and show you who has a better tune than the other.

.... I get it now.... are you a Middle Eastern who got butt-hurt when you thought somOh okayeone was screwing you?
I'm not the one whos replying with long pathetic essays. I wonder whos butt is really bleeding?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Wow I'm really convinced. Arent you tired already?. Ok people listen to this pathetic person. He knows everything. Since i have not been in the tuning game for ten years as he said. I dont want to bother anymore with stubborn people like you. Believe what you want to believe. Its not a crime to be a retard.
LOL.... it's kind of funny how you get owned by your own posts . You claimed to be in the tuning arena for 10 years yet didn't know which companies are which and didn't care about one of the most important Mercedes-AMG engine developed and didn't know that dyno sheets can be manipulated.... oh and the list goes on. You give a retard a whole new meaning Mr. expert in the tuning business for 10 years

By the way that quarter mile run for the SL 65 black series from MKB was on a whole diffrent track and coditions. you get both the CL and SL on the same time and track and you'll change your lousy talk instantly.
Really? Do you know that the CL65 actually ran in bad conditions? When the CL65 ran, it was warm, humid, and not during a decent DA. Also, a car with a 1000 hp should destroy the 10.6 time even in worse conditions. You should not cry and make excuses by trying to blame the track Just to give you an example, we have many 1000 hp GT-Rs running 9.8 seconds in a million times worse conditions than where the SL ran.

The SL had so many advantages over the CL and still could not break into the 10 seconds let alone reach 10.6 in the 1/4 mile. Lets see.... the MKB car was considerably lighter and had maybe 250 hp more than the CL65, and was driven by MKB directly not just a customer yet they couldn't run any better than 11.1 I don't even know what to say

consider this my last post towards you.Not that I cant answer or reply, but tired of convincing hard headed people like yourself. I only wish I could meet up and race with you. It would be really good to smoke your *** and show you who has a better tune than the other.
First of all, I doubt this will be your last post. Second, I provided links, videos, dynos, prices, etc.... but you provided nothing but smoke and empty talk. I think you are more hard-headed than this thread could ever show. Go enjoy the 5000 dollar million hp tune and non-fakeable dyno graphs and let me know how it works out for ya

I'm not the one whos replying with long pathetic essays. I wonder whos butt is really bleeding?
LOL.... you think my reply is a very long essay Obviously you don't like reading and probably can't handle it This has been shown multiple times during this thread. I knew my replies would be too long for you (and maybe too hard for you to understand as well), so I broke down my responses into little small sections/paragraphs so you would be able to (hopefully) understand/comprehend them.... it's almost like responding to a little kid

And by the way, I'm not the one who got all butt-hurt about being a middle eastern and cried when I thought someone was talking bad about them

Last edited by MB_Forever; 03-27-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Banned

LOL.... it's kind of funny how you get owned by your own posts . You claimed to be in the tuning arena for 10 years yet didn't know which companies are which and didn't care about one of the most important Mercedes-AMG engine developed and didn't know that dyno sheets can be manipulated.... oh and the list goes on. You give a retard a whole new meaning Mr. expert in the tuning business for 10 years

Really? Do you know that the CL65 actually ran in bad conditions? When the CL65 ran, it was warm, humid, and not during a decent DA. Also, a car with a 1000 hp should destroy the 10.6 time even in worse conditions. You should not cry and make excuses by trying to blame the track Just to give you an example, we have many 1000 hp GT-Rs running 9.8 seconds in a million times worse conditions than where the SL ran.

The SL had so many advantages over the CL and still could not break into the 10 seconds let alone reach 10.6 in the 1/4 mile. Lets see.... the MKB car was considerably lighter and had maybe 250 hp more than the CL65, and was driven by MKB directly not just a customer yet they couldn't run any better than 11.1 I don't even know what to say

First of all, I doubt this will be your last post. Second, I provided links, videos, dynos, prices, etc.... but you provided nothing but smoke and empty talk. I think you are more hard-headed than this thread could ever show. Go enjoy the 5000 dollar million hp tune and non-fakeable dyno graphs and let me know how it works out for ya

LOL.... you think my reply is a very long essay Obviously you don't like reading and probably can't handle it This has been shown multiple times during this thread. I knew my replies would be too long for you (and maybe too hard for you to understand as well), so I broke down my responses into little small sections/paragraphs so you would be able to (hopefully) understand/comprehend them.... it's almost like responding to a little kid

And by the way, I'm not the one who got all butt-hurt about being a middle eastern and cried when I thought someone was talking bad about them
It is indeed correct.

You are a retard
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Banned

It is indeed correct.

You are a retard
Don't bother bro. This person doesn't own an SLS and has never tuned with Renntech. Some people just wish to babble mouth and think they know sh*it. You and I are used to those types of People, and how they end up when we race with them

Last edited by jacob502; 03-28-2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: mistake in spelling
Old 03-28-2011, 01:59 PM

SLS
back to the subject

I really loved the carbon Fiber Front Splitter and rear diffuser, since my car has mirror and interior carbon fiber, I'm just afraid the front will be too low, anyone else considering these ?

comments please
Old 03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
It is indeed correct.

You are a retard
Little brother finally chimes in with nothing better than a personal attack. Very intellectual little buddy.... Now go play in the sand and have Brabus charge you a $1000 per sand grain because they are the best sand tuner out there

Don't bother bro. This person doesn't own an SLS and has never tuned with Renntech. Some people just wish to babble mouth and think they know sh*it. You and I are used to those types of People, and how they end up when we race with them
I told you that you won't be able to stay away from this thread. Your *** hurts way too much for you to stay away

I think we're making progress from this post here though....

consider this my last post towards you.
I like how you make assumptions and think they are correct. Go get a tune that adds +100 hp on a 2.0L engine for $5,000 and let me know how it works out

Last edited by MB_Forever; 03-28-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is indeed correct.

You are a retard
The only retard is you. How can wheels increase bhp..

And if you read my post I said OTHER members said you can't get 30bhp,
my re mapping feels like 30 bhp, it's great.

And by the way, when you post pictures shut the door, or get out the car,
who wants to see YOU posing.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My apologies, it was MB Forever who said the wheels are good for 10 bhp.
But when posting pictures just show the car, unless your female with big

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLS/R197/C197 AMG: RENNtech SLS Products and Development