SLS/R197/C197 AMG: SLS BS Allocation thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
SLS BS Allocation thread

went to a stealership to look for an E actually... sales rep there knew I was a huge AMG fan and our conversation drifted to the sls BS. he told me Canada is to get 5 allocations... and his dealership (peterborough) already sold one. apparently to an individual who has a sls and a slr...

if 5 are to be believed, I wonder where the other 4 will go. anyone know what the total allocation will be?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
SLS
FYI, unless Canada is different from the US, ordering banks have not opened up yet. So, if anything, the allocation is simply pre-sold but not actually accepted by the factory yet.

Doesn't mean much. But, just sayin'.

No one knows what the true total allocs will be yet, and MBUSA is quite tight lipped about it. (As they were with prior BS's, and as such, contributed to the bane of my existence while I was hunting for a C63 BS for 4 months last year.)
Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 AM

SLS
Thanks for starting this thread, by the way. I suppose I'll dump details on my experiences here.

(Subscribed)
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
GrnLantern is correct. No allocations for North America have been handed out....ZERO! There is no way a dealership knows if they are getting one or not at this point in the game. Trust me, I have been all over this since before this vehicle was even officially announced. I was in Detroit on Saturday talking with people from AMG and have been PMing with the powers to be on PL. Dealer Ordering guide needs to be issued before car can even be on NetStar and available for orders to be placed. Dealer Order guide will have option codes, color codes, build codes, etc. therefore this dealership in Canada claiming to have one on order for a customer is full of it. Not to say they will not get an allocation, they just don't have one at this point.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by jrcart
GrnLantern is correct. No allocations for North America have been handed out....ZERO! There is no way a dealership knows if they are getting one or not at this point in the game. Trust me, I have been all over this since before this vehicle was even officially announced. I was in Detroit on Saturday talking with people from AMG and have been PMing with the powers to be on PL. Dealer Ordering guide needs to be issued before car can even be on NetStar and available for orders to be placed. Dealer Order guide will have option codes, color codes, build codes, etc. therefore this dealership in Canada claiming to have one on order for a customer is full of it. Not to say they will not get an allocation, they just don't have one at this point.
Does this mean you are attempting to have the entire Black collection?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 PM

SLS
Dealer Ordering guide needs to be issued before car can even be on NetStar and available for orders to be placed. Dealer Order guide will have option codes, color codes, build codes, etc. therefore this dealership in Canada claiming to have one on order for a customer is full of it. Not to say they will not get an allocation, they just don't have one at this point.
Yup, in fact, that's the same issue with two of my local dealerships in NorCal, and one in SoCal. All 3 claim to have already sold their one and only alloc... Except, they truthfully don't even know if they're getting one, zero, or five.

Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
Nothing wrong with that! Once the SLS is out of the way, I'm strongly considering setting sights on a well cared for SL65 BS. I passed it up when it came out, but now I feel a bit differently towards the SL65.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
Yes, also in the market for a used SL BS. The tough one is going to be the first one, the SLK BS
Old 01-22-2013, 03:58 PM

SLS
Yes, also in the market for a used SL BS. The tough one is going to be the first one, the SLK BS
Wow. You're going to actively pursue an SLK55 BS? Impressive! I wasn't planning on going back that far, heh. Very interested to see how that turns out (and, obviously, I wish you the best of luck in your search -- we've both have unpleasantries in our BS hunts before, so hopefully they'll be smoother going forward).
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Wow. You're going to actively pursue an SLK55 BS? Impressive! I wasn't planning on going back that far, heh. Very interested to see how that turns out (and, obviously, I wish you the best of luck in your search -- we've both have unpleasantries in our BS hunts before, so hopefully they'll be smoother going forward).
Yes, I actually got excited, Rage said he had the low down on one for sale in Canada(not sure how it got into Canada) a few months back but I guess the guy changed his mind on selling it or something. I am not pinning to much hope on getting an SLK BS and not doing too much leg work to try to find one.

As for the unpleasantries, yes, I hear you on that. last year was a nightmare and if it is anymore difficult than me heading down to my prefered dealer(MB Naperville) to hand them a deposit check and pick my options I won't be pursueing and SLS BS. I do not have the time or patience for it. There is a very small handful of us who have owned multiple Black Series and I am of an even smaller group that currently still owns two or more of them. You would think that we would be way up on top of the list for the SLS allocations, not really sure what goes on in their minds when handing out the allocations. keeping my fingers crossed, especially after having seen and sat in the SLS BS on Saturday up in Detroit.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 PM

SLS
Yes, I actually got excited, Rage said he had the low down on one for sale in Canada(not sure how it got into Canada) a few months back but I guess the guy changed his mind on selling it or something. I am not pinning to much hope on getting an SLK BS and not doing too much leg work to try to find one.
Sure would be quite amazing to have the complete set. I've, actually, never seen an SLK55 BS in person. I've seen a lot crazier / more expensive / more powerful cars (and driven many of them), but this one has always eluded me.

There is a very small handful of us who have owned multiple Black Series and I am of an even smaller group that currently still owns two or more of them. You would think that we would be way up on top of the list for the SLS allocations, not really sure what goes on in their minds when handing out the allocations. keeping my fingers crossed, especially after having seen and sat in the SLS BS on Saturday up in Detroit.
+1
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Sure would be quite amazing to have the complete set. I've, actually, never seen an SLK55 BS in person. I've seen a lot crazier / more expensive / more powerful cars (and driven many of them), but this one has always eluded me.

I've seen the SLK BS in person and it's not as wild as the CLK/SL/C/SLS (although I haven't seen the latter three in person). The biggest exterior differences on the SLK BS is no folding roof (one piece fixed CF roof) and the vents on the fenders. The rest of it looks like a typical SLK55. Still cool to see the Black Series badge on it though!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+1
Didn't they have one(SLK BS) out at the ADA event at Laguna Seca a year or so back? I seem to recall seeing photos of one from that event.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK DTM
Didn't they have one(SLK BS) out at the ADA event at Laguna Seca a year or so back? I seem to recall seeing photos of one from that event.
The CLK DTM would make a great addition to your garage! This is for sale for a very reasonable price considering what others are going for on the market.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...d-premier.html
Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by Premier Films
The CLK DTM would make a great addition to your garage!
Already tempted.