SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Woohoo New (to me) SLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 SLS AMG
Woohoo New (to me) SLS

I just got a 2011 SLS from Texas. It's a great and unique exotic. The doors make it an instant show piece. I can't wait to take it to the track.

It definitely reminds me of my old viper, big front/mid-engine car, RWD. A LOT more refined

Any good faq's for newbie owners.

-- Justin
Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
SLS AMG
BACK into parking spaces so you don't whack the very low front end into the concrete blocks.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:14 AM

2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by bteasley
BACK into parking spaces so you don't whack the very low front end into the concrete blocks.
This car is higher up than both my Viper and Ruf, I do appreciate it though
I think that even with the camera the rear blind spot is a little tough so backing in probably makes it a bit easier to pull out anyway.

Head knocked only once getting out. I love the character and look, it's a great car.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:01 PM

2013 SLS GT, Ferrari 458, Tesla S
Originally Posted by stott
I just got a 2011 SLS from Texas. It's a great and unique exotic. The doors make it an instant show piece. I can't wait to take it to the track.

It definitely reminds me of my old viper, big front/mid-engine car, RWD. A LOT more refined

Any good faq's for newbie owners.

-- Justin
Ditto. I had the same reaction. I had a 93 viper for 10 years. Reminds of the same just way better and higher quality. Enjoy. Be safe with it as it is pretty twitchy in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:00 PM

SLS AMG
Stereo Sound: If you do a lot of solo driving you should adjust the sound so it is "focused" on the driver's seat.

Audio/Sound are the first two menu choices.. I forget after that. You get to "select" center/left or right seat. The "regular" centered sound is very good... but the "left seat focused" sound is *amazing*. I couldn't believe the improvement in quality and sound definition.

I have the 11-speaker system (upgrade), but I assume the same feature exists on the regular superb system. I didn't find this feature for a couple of months. It is almost jaw dropping.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:48 AM

2013 SLS GT, Ferrari 458, Tesla S
Stereo Sound: If you do a lot of solo driving you should adjust the sound so it is "focused" on the driver's seat.

Audio/Sound are the first two menu choices.. I forget after that. You get to "select" center/left or right seat. The "regular" centered sound is very good... but the "left seat focused" sound is *amazing*. I couldn't believe the improvement in quality and sound definition.

I have the 11-speaker system (upgrade), but I assume the same feature exists on the regular superb system. I didn't find this feature for a couple of months. It is almost jaw dropping.
Thanks. I couldn't find it in the Comand system anywhere for the regular stereo. What I found was simple balance slider control,between the left and right...but nothing else.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:08 PM

2011 SLS AMG

Thanks,
I found it and changed it back and forth a few times. Pretty nice.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 AM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by zachary
Thanks. I couldn't find it in the Comand system anywhere for the regular stereo. What I found was simple balance slider control,between the left and right...but nothing else.
Audio/Sound are the 1st two choices. Then on the bottom row the far right choice (for me) is "Bang & Olufsen". Selecting that then allows for the left/right/center choice. (Again, I have the stereo upgrade so your system may vary. )
Old 01-27-2014, 09:38 PM

SLS AMG 12' LeMans Red
congrats, enjoy in good health