SLS/R197/C197 AMG: A new SLS member :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3 - 991 CarreraS - SLS
A new SLS member :)

Hi everyone,

I have sold my 991 Carrera s before that ( used to have an ESS VT2 - 650 E93 M3 also ) and got 2012 SLS (m159) The car already has an MEC design bodykit with it. I know this questions has been trough tons of times but here is I need an brainstorm and your experience about NON-supercharged , performance upgrades which is I known far as ECU, Headers and full exhaust system everybody chime in to help me please about that and also if you are able to share sponsors that I can get them
Old 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM

SLS AMG 12' LeMans Red
helo and congrats on the purchase?
are you one of those bimmerpost guys before?

sorry i can't give you any information about this, since i'm new and also newbie here.
enjoy the car in good health!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:26 PM

2012 SLS (M159)
Originally Posted by jason.kariatun
helo and congrats on the purchase?
are you one of those bimmerpost guys before?

sorry i can't give you any information about this, since i'm new and also newbie here.
enjoy the car in good health!
Thanks for the great wishes mate
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Welcome.

Not a whole lot of non supercharger mods for these cars. Tune and filters are the basics. Be careful with what brand of headers you go with, lots of guys have run into issues with o2 sensors when they install headers due to the header manufacturuer putting the bungs in the wrong location. These motors respond well to a cat delete, stock mufflers are awesome, no need to change them. Does your car have the carbon ceramic brakes? That is always a nice upgrade that you can do for $12-$14k, if you plan on tracking the car at all I highly recommend them.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:11 AM

2012 SLS (M159)
Originally Posted by jrcart
Welcome.

Not a whole lot of non supercharger mods for these cars. Tune and filters are the basics. Be careful with what brand of headers you go with, lots of guys have run into issues with o2 sensors when they install headers due to the header manufacturuer putting the bungs in the wrong location. These motors respond well to a cat delete, stock mufflers are awesome, no need to change them. Does your car have the carbon ceramic brakes? That is always a nice upgrade that you can do for $12-$14k, if you plan on tracking the car at all I highly recommend them.
Thanks for detail information, which headers and muffler you use on your car?

Last edited by Ferre86; 02-06-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Ferre86
Thanks for detail information, which headers and muffler you use on your car?
I am running some Weistec prototype headers with cat delete and stock titanium exhaust and mufflers. I run MBH headeers on my C BS, they are good headers and they build a good header for the SLS as well. Do not change your stock mufflers, they make the most power and in my opinion sound the best, they produce a tolerable cabin sound when cruising at highways speeds and sound amazing at WOT. Aftermarket mufflers are a big waste of money, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, I own three of the most powerfull AMG's in the world and I run stock mufflers on them. I have tested others and there is no advantage, spend your money elsewhere. I would also suggest going with the Weistec ECU tune, Weistec is building the fastest most powerful AMG in the world, why go with anyone else?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:31 AM

2012 SLS (M159)
Originally Posted by jrcart
I am running some Weistec prototype headers with cat delete and stock titanium exhaust and mufflers. I run MBH headeers on my C BS, they are good headers and they build a good header for the SLS as well. Do not change your stock mufflers, they make the most power and in my opinion sound the best, they produce a tolerable cabin sound when cruising at highways speeds and sound amazing at WOT. Aftermarket mufflers are a big waste of money, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, I own three of the most powerfull AMG's in the world and I run stock mufflers on them. I have tested others and there is no advantage, spend your money elsewhere. I would also suggest going with the Weistec ECU tune, Weistec is building the fastest most powerful AMG in the world, why go with anyone else?
wow I appreciate for your time and experince, Thanks alot

Last edited by Ferre86; 02-06-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 77 Likes on 73 Posts
Mercedes C63S AMG (W205)
congrats!