Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Closed Threads...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Man, I feel like I just awoke from a three year coma just to find out the off topic forum sucks.

This place is starting to feel more like one of those soap operas that my girlfriend watches...you know....the one with all the hot chicks....except this place doesn't have as many hot chicks!!

It still boggles my mind to this day how seriously people take the internet. No offense to anyone here, but I don't consider this place "real world". I find this place an amusing escape from the boring everyday. I also find this place an amazing wealth of knowledge be it for my cars or for finding a song or whatever the case. I will always first and foremost use this place for the knowledge and secondly for the fun factor. When a member like ClayJ comes on and claims he's wealthy I don't think of it at all. I could care less. funny how others don't seem to be able to ignore as well as I can.
I know alot of members here go to meets and other gatherings...and I think thats great. Its just not for me. Again...its not the real world where I have strong relationships with others....my friends...my family...my girl, thats what is real to me, not ClayJ and his internation security or NOTKTS and his fake Murci. I think only their family and friends should worry about them as much as some of the people here do. Don't get me wrong..I do like most of the members here and I think it would be cool to meet them. Its just not something I came here for. I know, I know...a stranger is a friend you just haven't met yet. Oh well...then I am the one missing out.
Is it wrong for me to think of this place like that? Sorry if that offends anyone. I just don't understand people I guess.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by v8plus4
ClayJ owns MBWorld.
You must admit, he could not have achieved that status without the help of his critics. The last locked thread about the Lambo pics at the Geneva show was so hilarious. To become Mohammed Ali, you need a Joe Frazier
Old 03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stiggs-

just for future use of the phrase, "i could care less" actually means that you do care to an extent that it is possible that you could care less.

"i couldn't care less" is the one im sure you meant to go with.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I think this thread, unlike others has been quite constructive, and anything but a bashing thread... it wasn't just about Clay, but about the very idea that we either choose to care about and believe in what we read on the internet, or is it some fantasy land where we can all just bs (both literally and figuratively).. I for one see it more as a extension of my neighborhood, and I wouldn't want my neighbors to be lying to me.... that said, I'm not sure Clay is lying, but he certainly is fueling the belief that he is with the ridiculous level of secrecy which is almost contradicted by his very involvement with a forum on the internet.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Don't you guys realize the Michael Jackson's middle name is Clay?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Michael Jackson doesnt know the difference between a big wheel and a Mercedes and besides that he's broke.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by RobertG
Michael Jackson doesnt know the difference between a big wheel and a Mercedes and besides that he's broke.
My point, exactly.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah, and there is NO WAY MJ is as knowledgeable and articulate about world affairs as ClayJ is... I tell you, it' would be easier for me to jump on the ClayJ Bashing wagon if he wasn't so damn smart and worldly..
Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by CE750
...so damn smart and worldly..
You've got to be kidding!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
No, I'm actually quite serious... if you look at my post count, I spend a lot of time on the forum in political debates and ClayJ is in many of them, and he doesn't come off like an idiot.. sorry if that doesn't fit into the mold some want to place him, but if he is indeed a liar, he's not a fool.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
yeah, and there is NO WAY MJ is as knowledgeable and articulate about world affairs as ClayJ is... I tell you, it' would be easier for me to jump on the ClayJ Bashing wagon if he wasn't so damn smart and worldly..
Not that i would ever bash anybody but MB-BOB says who ever bashes anybody will get a 14-day suspension from the site. For the record, I never bashed ClayJ. The worst I ever said was that I was a non-believer.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
...so damn smart and worldly..
Excuse me, but isn't that a 180? A few posts above you post that most support him, by implication yourself, and now you post this.

confused

BTW
The CHICKEHAWKS lucked out and are tied for first again. (j/k)
Old 03-02-2006, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
wow i missed this thread but im glad i found it and its not locked either! couple of points/statements/questions i wanna make and this is not to be taken as an attack, just as conversation/discussion:

1> thanks rev for posting exactly how i feel and im sure quite a few other members

2> i dont understand why mb-bob closed my geneva pics thread after rev said as long as it didnt get off topic (which it didnt) then it was cool. no one mentioned clays name in that whole thread. i look at it like it was some clean good fun and there was no attacking or harassing just a meeting place for members with GM's. if clayj is allowed to post all over the forums that he has GM's, why cant i and other members talk about our GM's. thats unfair censoring imho.

3> im still baffled as to why clay posted pics of the giallo modena enzo that he claims his GM took then when confronted about it, deleted the pics yet they are still up on auto salon singen website. also i think that if my GM took the pics i would have larger hi-res copies available, i wouldnt take the site pics, enlarge them so they look super grainy and then post them here. but thats just me.

4> in reference to any legal threats made by anyone, to me thats bull**** and goes in one ear and right out the other. id like to see someone try to pull that **** on me, PM me and ill give you all my info and lets see whats up.

5> i never had a real problem with clay but i get sick of reading post after post after post about how much dough he supposedly has, how many cars he supposedly has, how many cars hes supposedly getting, how many yachts he supposedly has, etc. its gets tired real quick and im not impressed by any of that ****. when someone constantly does it and doesnt back it up or says that theyre going to back it up and never comes thru, im sorry that raises a flag in my book and when said person keeps doing it over and over again, to me its like a slap in the face, insulting of the intelligence of members here and disrespectful. duke has only been here for a few months and acts like he owns mbworld.

6> heres an interesting little story about someone who i know who has more money than a good percentage of people, who posts on the internet on a few sites including ferrarichat and a private exotic local nyc board im on that we meet up every weekend and we go on runs all over ny/nj (enzos, f50s, f40, f430's, 360CS's, 360's, 355's, gallardos, gallardo SE's, murcis, gt3's, m-cars, amg's, etc). hes a local ny guy who decided to take his enzo, strip it down to the chassis and build a new one off supercar with pinafarina in italy and will be unveiling the car at pebble beach over the summer where i will be in attendance along with a bunch of other friends. i look up to this guy cause he keeps it real, has a passion for cars and ive been invited to his house/garage on a number of occasions to check out all his other cars. now if this guy can openly post on the internet about his top secret car and plans and gives us updates with pics and all that other stuff and he also lets it be known who he is, why cant clay post one single truthful pic? i dont even want to know clays real name or what he does or anything like that, thats not important to me, i could care less and i really wouldnt be impressed but come on, throw us a bone or just dont say anything at all. this is a forum for car enthusiasts and we wanna talk about real cars and see real cars, not imaginary ones.

7> honestly, who tells people that they have a list of 'good members' and 'bad members' and that 'good members' will receive perks and ****? come on, who does that? if thats not the single dumbest thing ive read on here, i dont know what is.

8> one thing is for sure, this whole thing really showed some members true colors. people can talk **** all day long about bklynbenz, i dont give a *** but at least i dont ride some guys di*k by asking for rides, asking him to fly me to his private islands, etc., who till this day hasnt proved ****. come on guys, look in the mirror, read what you type before you hit the post button, thats some real pathetic type **** and imo you look like a super loser.

9> i hope that clay proves me wrong and posts pics of all the **** he claims to own, then maybe things can go back to the way they were.

10> hopefully mb-bob doesnt get his panties twisted and think im harassing clayj and ban me for 14 days, if he does, oh well at least im being honest and calling it as i see it.

11> thats all i can think of for now
Old 03-03-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of good points BklynBenz, can't wait for ClayJ's release from the boonies to see what he's got to offer.

This needs to die, and the only way it's going to die is when Clay provides some proof, so we'll have to patiently wait now as he promised it would be soon.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500

This needs to die, and the only way it's going to die is when Clay provides some proof, so we'll have to patiently wait now as he promised it would be soon.
i agree 100% and look forward to the pics!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
i agree 100% and look forward to the pics!
I predict the outcome is going to be like the one in the play "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett
Old 03-03-2006, 03:19 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 AMG G63, 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
7> honestly, who tells people that they have a list of 'good members' and 'bad members' and that 'good members' will receive perks and ****? come on, who does that? if thats not the single dumbest thing ive read on here, i dont know what is.
:
Attached Thumbnails Closed Threads...-180px-santa.jpg  

Last edited by v8plus4; 03-03-2006 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by v8plus4
:
lmao
Old 03-03-2006, 08:08 AM

AMG GTS
lots of good points BklynBenz, can't wait for ClayJ's release from the boonies to see what he's got to offer.

This thing will never die..Clayj will never post anything to show us..He is a FAKE.While some masterbate to Hooter calender girls he gets a woody from seeing all the discussion about him on this forum..Thats the frustrating part..He gets what he wants,but if anyone starts questioning him it's seen as witchhunting and is locked by the mods..It's one of those things in life that you just have to live with cause like the man says he isn't violating TOS.Simple sayings have been around for years because they were true back then and they still hold true today which is"Looks,Smells,it is ****"..Personally my bet is he's the guy with the website with the same name.That guy fits the MO pretty damn close.Computer nerd,smart,articulate,loves Dungeon and Dragons that kind of stuff,Fantasy...Believe him or don't,but ClayJ try to just stick with discussing cars and other topics and stop the my wallet is bigger than Bill Gates crap.PLEASE it is TIRED ALREADY.......
Old 03-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by Chas Jr
but if anyone starts questioning him it's seen as witchhunting and is locked by the mods..
Wow, have you even read this thread at all?? I have encouraged people to challenge his claims, and I have even done so myself. Your accusation here is completely false. Threads get closed when members start taking it too personally, and start resorting to insults and name calling. Members get suspended when they start chasing someone around in every thread, posting negative comments about them. I've made this VERY clear from the start.

You should know that since all of these discussions have started, with both the member in question and another member, we have received numerous "reported posts" where someone is merely accusing someone of being "fake", like that is somehow against our Terms of Use. We've also closed threads made specifically to "call someone out" because the thread starter did not believe a claim made by another member. So yes, the "witch hunt" is very real, and there are more than a few members who want to get the "credit" for calling someone out. Maybe they should do some more research on Senator McCarthy.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by revstriker
Maybe they should do some more research on Senator McCarthy.
who claimed clay was a communist?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:39 AM

AMG GTS
Yes I have read the post and don't see why you should get your panties in a wad.I wasn't saying anything bad about what you have to do to keep things in check here so Chill :nix
Old 03-03-2006, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
I don't think that the thread should be closed when many members were taking part in it and it stayed on topic for ther most part, and one or two members posted things that were violating the TOU.I think that in a situation like that the offensive post should be edited by the mods or the poster and let the thread continue.The offensive poster should be disciplined progressively and notified via PM.I believe that the person that instigated the offensive post should also be reprimanded.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think that the thread should be closed when many members were taking part in it and it stayed on topic for ther most part, and one or two members posted things that were violating the TOU.I think that in a situation like that the offensive post should be edited by the mods or the poster and let the thread continue.The offensive poster should be disciplined progressively and notified via PM.I believe that the person that instigated the offensive post should also be reprimanded.
That's a good point, Mods could always delete the offending post, rather than curtail a discussion that may in fact have merit.. that is to say, is someone telling the truth when they make a "claim".. goes to the heart of the credibility of anything the person says.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
2> i dont understand why mb-bob closed my geneva pics thread after rev said as long as it didnt get off topic (which it didnt) then it was cool. no one mentioned clays name in that whole thread. i look at it like it was some clean good fun and there was no attacking or harassing just a meeting place for members with GM's. if clayj is allowed to post all over the forums that he has GM's, why cant i and other members talk about our GM's. thats unfair censoring imho.

10> hopefully mb-bob doesnt get his panties twisted and think im harassing clayj and ban me for 14 days, if he does, oh well at least im being honest and calling it as i see it.
Normally I would discuss this through Private Messages, but since you insist on doing otherwise yourself, you leave me no choice.

I closed your thread (after 144 posts in which everyone had their chance to join you in the fun and games) because it's clear intent was to "mock" another member (yes, ClayJ), cleverly -- but thinly -- disguised as a car thread. We all know you don't have a "GM" so, do you want the membership to declare you a "fake" as well? So, why do you participate in the same behavior (fabrication) you seem to despise so much, if it weren't to mock other members, instead?

The fact that several members joined you in the group mocking made the entire thread worthless... nothing more than typical whoring with a funny purpose. Since the legitimate posts within the thread were dwarfed by the mocking posts, I closed it... after it had generally run it's course and everyone had their chance to participate and chuckle at another member's expense. It could have been closed much earlier. Enough said.

The recent legal ruling regarding harrassment over the internet (see the sticky by MBWorld's legal person, admin otoupalik) leaves the staff little choice regarding policing posts that seek to stalk and harrass other members.

You have posted several threads intended to mock ClayJ. More importantly, you have openly accused the staff of catering to ClayJ's wishes to close threads. This is preposterous. ClayJ has no more clout here than you do... which is to say, not much.

And yes, it does get my panties twisted into a knot. The staff here get's paid exactly ZERO to try to keep civility on these forums in the face of constant protestations from members who feel they have "rights" to post here. You do not have the "right" to post here... it's a privilege, only. Certainly, you do not have a "right" to demand that other members "prove" who they are... they have absolutely no obligation to do so, any more that you are so obligated.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but If you don't understand this, perhaps you need to take a self-imposed break where you can catch a deep breath, untwist your own panties, and take stock of what's important here.

Anything beyond this, please take it to PMs to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closed Threads...