Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Since Accord is not being a fair moderator...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 09-15-2002, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC400
Since Accord is not being a fair moderator...

I will post my thoughts here. He deletes my threads because he claims they are unrelated when in fact they pertain to the past threads I was involved in that were locked. And on top of that, before closing each thread, he has to draw the final remarks, which are all baiting and instigative to me at that.

Anyway, here is the original message I tried to convey...
---------------------------------------------------------------

This will be my last post here because you guys seem to have missed the point so many times. Anyway, Ethan already knows about my posting here, he's been following every Lexus-bashing thread here silently. I can guarantee there will be no issue over me losing my moderator status at ClubLexus because I have done nothing wrong at ClubLexus, nor do I even represent ClubLexus here. The most I represent here is a Lexus owner and a Lexus enthusiest. You guys are too funny thinking that you can somehow punish my scalding remarks and objectionable opinions by crying to my superiors at one of my unrelated obligations. Are you going to call Lexus Corp next and have them revoke my car from me?? Such babies... Thanks guys, now I remember what 2nd grade was like . Anyway, enough of this, me and Ethan were sharing drinks over at Chevy's today joking about you MBWorld guys (I won't dabble in the details ). We are pretty much on the same page so I wouldn't worry about my future at CL .

Enjoy your small little bubble of ignorance in this world, and remember that whatever negative opinions you have about Lexus or any Japanese car company, know that they are most likely uneducated opinions based off silly Mercedes rhetoric and your own pathetic self-importance complexes. If you have any doubt as to the merit and legitimacy of Lexus, just compare sales volume and realize that in the end, Toyota is the one laughing at puny little DaimlerChrysler for the mere chump change it turns over every fiscal year.

As far as my tact here, I'll admit I am a bit out of character. I'd imagine each and every one of you would experience my same frustration when you're defending your opinions against an audience of brain-washed, one-tracked minds. Especially when some of you are much denser than others, forcing me to repeat, enunciate, and elaborate on otherwise very simple ideas.

On the other hand, those of you that are equally rude and obnoxious as I sometimes was have no excuse around your behavior when you are here in your own natural environment amongst your peers and yet continue to flame and lash out at guests/newbies (not just me) who merely disagree with you. And whoever keeps saying that I hate Mercedes, please shut up from now on, mkay? You're an idiot troll trying to further polarize these discussions by pitting more people against me. And I hate having to repeat myself when I say that that statement is completely untrue. This ties in to one of the reasons I am so edgy when I post here.

To Accord: You have the audacity to judge my ability to moderate when in the past two weeks you've been doing nothing but fanning flames intentionally? Even as you admitted doing so in your AOL IMs to me. You are one of the poorest moderators I've seen because you are two-faced and hypocritical. You even IM me to read your spiteful replies to my posts, mocking me with remarks like "you'll never be able to top my last post!". In fact it wasn't until I recently criticised your moderating ability that you started manning up and closing threads. I challenge you to find one instance on CL where I acted even remotely as immature as you did here. You even flamed in the MBWorld AIM chat room. What kind of moderator is that I ask you all? If this were my forum to moderate, all these threads would have been locked down a loooong time ago.

One major difference I've noticed from MBWorld and ClubLexus is that people at ClubLexus are CAR enthusiests, not German car enthusiests or Japanese car enthusiests. We like ALL fine cars. Just search threads for "Mercedes" or "Infiniti" on CL and you hear mostly praises and thumbs ups. Lexus-related threads over here often reflect immaturity, insecurity, and flat out ignorance. Every since some guy in the S-class forum wanted some honest feedback pertaining to the S-class, BMW 7-series, and the LS430, I've eard nothing but a stream of Lexus-bashing. Even after the fact, I saw threads springing up that bash Lexus. And I am to sit here and read them without giving my opinion?

So ban me from here if it makes you all sleep better at night. I don't mind. I still have a much friendier, much more civilized and mature car enthusiest forum to come home to.

EDIT: Removed some characterizations of Accord as per his request.

Last edited by lex400sc; 09-15-2002 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh come on now yall, we gotta start respecting each other. lex400sc, while your attempts to come here and prove lexus is a strong competitor for Mercedes and BMW it fell on deaf ears. It is not possible to change someone who grows up with Mercedes and still drives mercedes'. By coming here you almost inticed a flame war. I am not saying that you started them though. You threw in your valid thoughts and many of us just outright confused them with something negitive. I would say that Accord handled this situation with the utmost care and he did his job perfectly throughout this whole ordeal. I'm pretty sure that you (lex400sc) are doing the best you can do at Clublexus. Can we please also drop the comparing of CL and MBW, because that really ticks me off. I saw a couple posts about it, and NO i am not directing that to anyone
Old 09-15-2002, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E 320
lex400sc is totally out of line at our forum. I dont mind if a Lexus driver is at MBW. But if he comes from another forum and starts flaming Mercedes-Benz and calling the S-Class drivers morons and idiots for buying the S (and basically Mercedes), then we have a problem. He came into MBW with the intention of starting a war and sad to say, he succeded. I totally support what Accord did and would have handled the situation the same way. I dont want someone coming from another forum, to where I call "home" and starting a fight. This is a really good board, and I hope they keep everyone like lex400sc (regardless of what they drive) out for the rest of us.

Last edited by MBDriver; 09-15-2002 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:59 PM

SC400
Care to point out where I started a flame war? YOU guys started the threads, then you guys proceeded to label Lexus as a cheap, boring, stale imitations, junk cars, poor build, poor performance, ugly looks, old man's car, inferior to Mercedes, not true competition, etc. After all that characterization was put out on the table did I start posting here. So on the contrary, it was YOU guys that started a flame war. I only stated my opinions and some facts, which did, I admit, fan the flames. I'm am only sorry that I was not more tactful in my approach, but I do not consider myself a troll by any means. Accord is guilty of not ending it sooner but rather egging it on early in the threads. Alas the Lexus bashing has ceased and now we are only dealing with the residuals, which is basically my own name at stake here. I really don't care anymore because I'd rather not add to the tension that you are creating between Lexus and Mercedes and CL and MBW. I am willing to drop this maturely and adult-like, now ask yourself if you are capable of the same gesture.

Goodbye.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:23 PM

la la la la... to each and their own... U cant just come in and try to make everyone like Lexus or tell people that Lexus is better than a Mercedes... of course many will disagree. Just go out and do a survey. I'm very glad you thing a Lexus is better than a Mercedes. I wouldnt want everyone and their mom to be buying a mercedes. We need diversity. We need other cars on the road to race. Imagine the fun walking out and just seeing Mercedes or just seeing Lexus. Accord is not being unfair. since u are causing arguemnts here and "disturbing the peace" obviously he would lock your threads and delete them. We're here to discuss Mercs...
Old 09-15-2002, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
asdf
Haven't had any problems with Accord.............yet. So he's still pretty good in my book
As far as Lex400sc, I really haven't talked to him. But from the posts I've seen, he does quite a bit of bickering and bantering. Nothing against him just what I've noticed
Old 09-15-2002, 09:49 PM

Porsche 997 C2S
I'm sorry, Lex, I don't buy your pleas. I posted on the same thread you began with, that compared the 7-series, the S-class, and the LS430. I related to people that I had decided to purchase the LS430 (I did go back and forth between a used S500 and an LS430 several times, but finally decided on the LS430). Some gave me kudos, some said it might not be the best of decisions, but I didn't find anyone's posts to be offensive. At no point did anyone call me a moron, an idiot, or bashed me in any way for my final choice. If the sole reason that people here bash you is because of your support for Lexus, I should be similarly maligned, yet that's not the case. I've found this forum to have some of the fairest and most honest opinions I've heard in a long time. It's not your support of Lexus that's the problem -- it's your constant personal attacks and liberal use of insults.

You began the flame with me and others on the "BMW drivers" thread. You made outrageous claims, which I calmly pointed out seemed somewhat exaggerated and asked you to reconsider whether your "90% of bad driving is by BMW drivers" figure. While I found that to be ignorant and incorrect, at no point did I call you an idiot, moron, dumbass, or anything questioning your intelligence or character. I pointed out facts. You retorted by referring to me as "bright lights" "moron" and a slew of other insults. The fact of the matter is, that thread had absolutely nothing to do with the support of "Lexus," and that topic did not figure prominently into the discussion at all. So ask yourself: was it your support of Lexus or was it something else that caused people to dislike you?

I think Accord's been doing a fine job as a moderator. Some moderators (none on this forum), I think, go too far in censoring posts -- heated debate is part of a good forum. I think Accords lets things continue until it's no longer a reasoned debate, but instead, personal attacks, and then locks them. I applaud his efforts.

Last edited by KrispyK; 09-15-2002 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:56 PM

Porsche 997 C2S
PS: There's an MBworld AIM chat forum??
Old 09-16-2002, 02:11 AM

Originally posted by lex400sc
Care to point out where I started a flame war? YOU guys started the threads, then you guys proceeded to label Lexus as a cheap, boring, stale imitations, junk cars, poor build, poor performance, ugly looks, old man's car, inferior to Mercedes, not true competition, etc. After all that characterization was put out on the table did I start posting here. So on the contrary, it was YOU guys that started a flame war. I only stated my opinions and some facts, which did, I admit, fan the flames. I'm am only sorry that I was not more tactful in my approach, but I do not consider myself a troll by any means. Accord is guilty of not ending it sooner but rather egging it on early in the threads. Alas the Lexus bashing has ceased and now we are only dealing with the residuals, which is basically my own name at stake here. I really don't care anymore because I'd rather not add to the tension that you are creating between Lexus and Mercedes and CL and MBW. I am willing to drop this maturely and adult-like, now ask yourself if you are capable of the same gesture.

Goodbye.
Thank god you left. I can't stand you moaning and groaning every time someone posts a thread about Lexus vs. MB or something similar.

Like I said before, I will say it again:

Goodbye.

:p
Old 09-16-2002, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by KrispyK
PS: There's an MBworld AIM chat forum??
Yes - we have an AIM chat almost every night, depending on how many people are online, there are about 15 people in it every night. Add me to your AIM buddy list, and if I see that you're online while we have a chat going on, i'll be sure to invite you in.

I have chose not to reply to this thread because I do not want to start anything. Everybody on MBWorld supports me, that says enough.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
OK,

From an official MBWorld perspective we have a great deal of faith and support in the moderators we have chosen.

These individuals put an extremely large amount of time into this site and in truth, are a big reason that this site is as good as it is. Without them, we might not be here - PERIOD.

So, when a moderator does or says something that might be inappropriate (I am NOT implying that Accord has done anything wrong at all) we must realize that they ARE human. People do make mistakes.

The moderators we have are WONDERFUL! They are the best and we are proud to have them!

Please cut them some slack and understand that they put MUCH MORE effort and time into MBWorld then anyone else!

Thanks

Brad
Old 09-16-2002, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Awww, shucks . Thanks for the kind words Brad.

Check your e-mail!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so now it looks like we can all get a long right!
Old 09-17-2002, 11:34 AM
Almost a Member!

Well, after reading this thread, I have some thoughts for lex400sc:

1) Moderation isn't about closing threads and banning members. The boards that get moderated the best are the ones that get moderated the LEAST! So complaining about threads being left open is just promoting poor moderation. If that's what you're used to, that's fine, but I've seen a lot of boards go down the crapper that way.

2) You can't convince everyone. There are people that are open to other choices and there are other people that have already made up their mind. You do what you can with the first and you have to cut your losses with the second. It's not that the second group isn't open minded -- it's that they're too passionate about their decision. For example, people may be able to go on and on about how some other country is better than the US: better lifestyle, lower taxes, free healthcare, no enemies, and colorful money. But to most Americans, you're not going to convince them to move there. It's not that they don't think that all the points are valid and it's nothing against the other country -- it's that they love something that they already have. You can't just get upset at everyone else and call them morons for doing so.

3) Stop taking things so personally. lex400sc somehow feels that people are that don't like Lexus are personally insulting him. People pick different cars for different reasons. Even referring to sales figures and bottom lines, he's living through the company. If people don't agree with him, he simply insults them back to illicit the desired response. Even with his very first post here on the forums, he jumps in, calls everyone a bonehead and beetleheaded, launches into an irrelevant tirade of the superiority of Mark Levinson audio (over Bose, definitely), and then has the audacity to say that he's not here to preach that Lexus is better! It's important for him to understand that he wasn't invited here and he wasn't personally attacked. If you disagree, it's best to introduce your ideas without antagonizing existing ideas. Not only was his post unsolicited, but it was also unwelcome. He pleads only a few posts later to keep the debate civil and intellectual, but it seems that he was the one that went on and on insulting everyone. He raises some valid points worth discussing, but the attack on others just isn't warranted.

Actually, as a side note, after reviewing more of his posts, I can't believe some of the stuff that he says. He even directly insults S55inPA's gf: "Girls are morons, especially that prize catch of yours ... I suppose your broad can't read either?" What a class act. Fortuantely, S55inPA is enough of a gentleman to slough it off with a joke and insist that it not get personal and "keep it to the sheetmetal."

4) Start delivering facts not opinions. During his brief stint here on these forums, he has delivered very few facts and only lots of opinions. Official capacity or not, if he's going to try to change a few minds, he should try to lay out the facts. You can't keep insisting that the styling is better or that it's somehow more luxurious. These are subjective opinions that cannot be changed just by repeating the statement. No one on other than lex400sc is an expert on Lexus. For outside input, his facts and opinions are valuable, but they both have to be delivered hand-in-hand. Not everyone has the same set of priorities, so, for example, touting value means nothing to someone who has money. Accept that other people may not care.

5) Grow up. I think that's the biggest piece of advice I can offer to him. It's not specific to this board or to Lexuses, but he can use a little bit more maturity. I'm sure in a few years, he'll look back at his posts and laugh. We've all been there: we think we know it all. You graduate from high school at the top of the world. When you graduate from college, you realize what an idiot you've been. And then when you're a few years out, only then do you realize that you always have a lot to learn and you really didn't know much ever in your life.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:11 AM

Lexus GS 450h
Though Accord is biased, I have to give him serious credit for keeping the posts open. I thought they would be closed for sure.
lex400sc is cool, he just wanted some clarification...

We could be driving Cadillacs (J/K).....

This place is cool, keep it up.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Though Accord is biased, I have to give him serious credit for keeping the posts open. I thought they would be closed for sure.
lex400sc is cool, he just wanted some clarification...

We could be driving Cadillacs (J/K).....

This place is cool, keep it up.
I am far from bias. I strongly dislike Lexus and Toyota, plain and simple. There are many other non-MB cars I would take over a Lexus or Toyota anyday.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
In general, I always scratch my head why people wander into sites/forums that don't apply to them. By that I mean I don't understand why someone would browse around a MB forum if they did not own one, nor had any desire to. What other motive is there aside from trolling?

It never occurs to me to go sneaking around a BMW forum, since I have little or nothing to add, and it doesn't interest me.

But perhaps I'm not a "car enthusiast"?

Now, the old argument about sales proving the popularity, and thus quality, is just hogwash. Do you mean to tell me that the taste of the general public majority is a relevant indicator?

Remember, the general voted out that other chick and left Nikki in the running!
Old 09-19-2002, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SERENITY NOW..... SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 01:03 AM

Porsche 997 C2S
I guess our reporting LexSC400 to the admins at ClubLexus.com must've worked. I mean, when's the last time Lex was quiet??
Old 09-21-2002, 12:20 AM

Porsche 997 C2S
I *know* that reporting LexSC400 to the ClubLexus admin worked, because instead of posting a reply on here calling me an idiot, he private messaged me, to tell me I was wrong, and that he had no time to post.

Funny, though, it would take the same time to post as it would to send a private message. Oh, I also heard something else that's interesting: Deepak/Ethan have declared that their ClubLexus moderators are no longer allowed to post on MBworld.

So if anyone's been particularly lambasted by Lex, I'd suggest it's about time to blast him to your heart's content. If what I've heard is true, he'll read these messages, but won't be allowed to post.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:13 AM

SC400
Thumbs down Sorry to burst your bubble, but I can reply whenever and wherever I want

I *know* that reporting LexSC400 to the ClubLexus admin worked, because instead of posting a reply on here calling me an idiot, he private messaged me, to tell me I was wrong, and that he had no time to post.
I PMed you because you asked a question and I replied to it privately as not to fuel the flames here. Obviously you missed that

Funny, though, it would take the same time to post as it would to send a private message. Oh, I also heard something else that's interesting: Deepak/Ethan have declared that their ClubLexus moderators are no longer allowed to post on MBworld.
Deepak has no say in anything. Ethan runs the site and has the final say in everything. Ethan asked that we stop making you guys cry and whine to him because he has more pressing business to deal with then you clowns.

So if anyone's been particularly lambasted by Lex, I'd suggest it's about time to blast him to your heart's content. If what I've heard is true, he'll read these messages, but won't be allowed to post.
Basically you are saying here "look guys, lex400sc can't talk back to us, let's make fun of him like the 12 year old I really am!!" Grow up!

The only reason I reply here is because I keep getting those annoying MBWorld Forum Mailers in my email. I finally got fed up and turned that crap off, so hopefully people like Krispy K can continue to act like children without my presence here.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
you still love me right? cuz that would suck because then last night.. oh yeah.. that was hush hush
Old 09-22-2002, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E 320
Re: Sorry to burst your bubble, but I can reply whenever and wherever I want

Originally posted by lex400sc
Ethan asked that we stop making you guys cry and whine to him because he has more pressing business to deal with then you clowns.
So why the **** are you still here??? Go back to where you are welcome, wherever that might be.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally posted by C230Jeff
As far as ANY debate for ANY Japanese car versus ANY German car, well, 'nuff said, eh? IMAO there's no better engineered cars than German cars.

The Swedes are in the running as far as safety and reliability go, but if you're rounding out safety, reliability, performance, style, and value, nobody comes close to the Germans. And Japanese makers? Fugettaboutit.
That is exactly the attitude that Lex is complaining about, and I wholeheartedly agree.

It's this silly all German (specifically, MB) cars are wonderful, others are crap obnoxiousness that's often so wrong with this site. And it's brought across by moderators as well.

If we can't have a discussion on how much worse the MB Comand is than almost every OEM system in the market (for example), and not have all Benz owners get all defensive about it, then he's right: it's not a car enthusiast site, it's an MB enthusiast site, which is fine, but let's not pretend that it's something that it's not.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
What is with the childish attitudes? It's a freakin car man!!!

If you wish to drive a Pinto, and you think it is better than any other vehicle, then so be it!! But you do not have to bash anyone else for liking what they like.

I, personally, do not care for Lexus, and feel they are nothing more than glorified, overpriced Toyota's who rip off design concepts from other manufacturer's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.