Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Open letter to the moderators

Old 02-22-2015, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX
I love lamp.
LOUD NOISES!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
This is some drama queen, blow smoke out of my *** bs.

Really? You aren't going to buy parts because vendors flood this site? Are you a child because that's just about the dumbest thing I've heard all day. I must admit, this is my first stop on the forum today though.

Which brings me to my next point. 75-90% are ads? Go look, I'll wait. tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. Oh wow, just over 20% are. Some are going to say "holy crap 20% of the threads are ads?" but then the rest of us are going to be like "huh, definitely not 90%" or "seriously, people still ***** about this kind of stuff?"

You guys crack me up. Threatening to leave and say you won't come here anymore unless the mods clean things up. Newsflash, you aren't what keeps the forum running. So go ahead, leave, pout away while MBworld just keeps on truckin on.
No now I just go buy my mods from reputable vendors from places elsewhere not the spammers from here. There are great Vendors here that don't Spam and I buy from them. This place like some if it's members like yourself as proof, little boy really don't deserve this Mercedes emblem. But obviously you've never been on any other highend car forum or and other well run car forum period regardless of the make. You sir are just white trash making personal attacks, you are exactly what this site wants to attract with how it's being run! Crap! I know you love all the ads because you can't wait for the next cheap carbon fiber piece from China or red starter button to be advertised but most people who come to a car forum don't that's why I said my traffic is down. I didn't threaten I just left and when this thread was made I posted in it.

As for you PurpleRainHeart you can simply kiss my ***. Maybe read before speaking Moron.

Good Day Sir
Old 02-22-2015, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
At least I asked if you were a child and didn't come right out and call you white trash

Oh, and I'm also right that you are just blowing things out of proportion with your numbers. It isn't even close to 75%. I thought you left the forum, so why are you here?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Oh my god, I'm dying.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:18 PM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts
Multiple
Please search before you clog up the forums with threads that have already been created and discussed. This came up not too long ago.

This is a free forum, what do you expect? If I was paying to use MBworld I can see why it would be annoying, but someone has to keep it funded and running. Vendors pay to post and that money goes to keeping this going. Mods scare them away and eventually the forum dies all together.

Just let it go man, sift through it. It's really not that bad and sometimes vendors post some really cool things or really good deals.
This is some drama queen, blow smoke out of my *** bs.

Really? You aren't going to buy parts because vendors flood this site? Are you a child because that's just about the dumbest thing I've heard all day. I must admit, this is my first stop on the forum today though.

Which brings me to my next point. 75-90% are ads? Go look, I'll wait. tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. Oh wow, just over 20% are. Some are going to say "holy crap 20% of the threads are ads?" but then the rest of us are going to be like "huh, definitely not 90%" or "seriously, people still ***** about this kind of stuff?"

You guys crack me up. Threatening to leave and say you won't come here anymore unless the mods clean things up. Newsflash, you aren't what keeps the forum running. So go ahead, leave, pout away while MBworld just keeps on truckin on.
Still not the dumbest thing I've heard today.
^ I have. I understand the reference and my point was that even how dumb "I love lamp" is and the context surrounding it, this thread is still worse.
At least I asked if you were a child and didn't come right out and call you white trash

Oh, and I'm also right that you are just blowing things out of proportion with your numbers. It isn't even close to 75%. I thought you left the forum, so why are you here?
PurpleHeart, you have posted 6 replies to this thread. Go ahead and count, I'll wait.....

Since you seem to have so much time on your hands to respond to a thread like this 6 times, you clearly don't care about vendors clogging up the site. I on the other hand (along with others on here) have a lot going on in life, and don't want to spend more time than necessary sifting through ads.

Second, I am expressing an opinion and sharing the opinion with other like minded individuals on this site - hence the "open letter" thread title. Which means how many times this has come up before is entirely irrelevant. I am not asking a question.

Third, the whole "PM us for the price, we make best price for you!" schtick that vendors use here is very cheesy. Reputable vendors should publish their prices and take orders, instead of negotiating everything under the table.

Fourth, if someone spends too much time on Internet forums like you do, they are bound to shoot their mouth off and get OWNED by other members from time to time. Like right now. Don't feel too bad, happens to everyone. Grab a kleenex on your way out of my thread, and move on.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 02-22-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:34 PM

2013 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
PurpleHeart, you have posted 6 replies to this thread. Go ahead and count, I'll wait.....

Since you seem to have so much time on your hands to respond to a thread like this 6 times, you clearly don't care about vendors clogging up the site. I on the other hand (along with others on here) have a lot going on in life, and don't want to spend more time than necessary sifting through ads.

Second, I am expressing an opinion and sharing the opinion with other like minded individuals on this site - hence the "open letter" thread title. Which means how many times this has come up before is entirely irrelevant. I am not asking a question.

Third, the whole "PM us for the price, we make best price for you!" schtick that vendors use here is very cheesy. Reputable vendors should publish their prices and take orders, instead of negotiating everything under the table.

Fourth, if someone spends too much time on Internet forums like you do, they are bound to shoot their mouth off and get OWNED by other members from time to time. Like right now. Don't feel too bad, happens to everyone. Grab a kleenex on your way out of my thread, and move on.

Another great point! Such a shady way of doing business! But allowed to go on by moderators and members, there are great vendors that do group buys and business here that publish pricing but others hmm their name may start with a V that spam and want only PM's for pricing.

Last edited by Ihopaz; 02-22-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
i think one thing that needs to change is, we need sticky threads for common issues/questions.

every week it's the same questions about the same parts.

We need a sticky thread for tires, and brakes. To start...
Old 02-22-2015, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
I think you will find on any car forum that:

A) December - February and July / August are much slower in terms of quantity of postings. I think it's also lower in quality because those that have mod $$$ available can afford to garage them in winter and go away in summer.

B) As a vehicle nears the end of its production run the quality of postings goes down. The reasons for that are many. Fewer new performance products, average experience range and income of the ownership decreases as more and more of the car are purchased used instead of new, it actually does get harder to search when there are so many posts so people can't find the forest for the trees and re-post. I experienced all this with a G35x and also a BMW335.

It's February in the forum for a car that is now out of production. It IS all downhill from here so the options are to get used to it or buy a new car.

Also If you are finding the ads overwhelming here you probably are not logged in.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Mods,

t's now nothing but vendor ads and guys posting FS threads.
That's not true. There are also guys looking to buy:

https://mbworld.org/forums/exterior-...an-2011-a.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-diffuser.html

Hey wait a minute. That's a double post. That's the same guy looking for the same thing in two different sub-forums. Man, I hate that. Keep tripping over the same stuff over and over again. Just clogs up the place. Hey! Wait a minute.......those posts are by you! You mean your last 3 threads consist of 2 looking for the same product and 1 complaint?

With just over 500 posts since 2006 and quality threads like those you may just be part of the problem and not part of the solution.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
You guys are right, and I apologize. Cooped up all winter and haven't gotten a good drive in in the c63 for a while.

All joking and name calling aside, while I appreciate and respect the effort you won't see any changes here. It has been a heavily discussed topic over the years (usually around this time of year when vendors are strapped for business because of weather) and it's just the way it goes.

As for price PMing, my understanding is that some prices are below what the manufacturers allow for so the vendors extend their generous offers as discretely as possible. I really don't mind it. You can always check their websites which generally have prices listed, however, if you take the time to PM them you'll likely receive a better offer than if you just click buy it now online.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:00 PM

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts
2010 C63 AMG RIP. 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2013 C63 coupe
I have to agree that there are way too many vendors posts on this forum.
Most of the products which are advertised are overpriced and of low quality. It's a different story when it come to sales.
Coming from a few BMW forums such as e46fanatics and m3forum.
This forum is trashed with advertisements and the daily bumps.

Other forums have a sponsor section where you can go and look and search for parts and mods if you wish. That is a way better concept. Why would I buy something of a forum if I don't have the attention to buy anything. If I want to buy something then I go and shop for it.

Last edited by sventastic82; 02-22-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E89 Z4
Another thing is that mbworld is the only vBulletin install that I am aware of that has to use that custom facebook enabled login which has the bad side effect of requiring a relogin every time I visit.

Surely that is annoying?
Old 02-22-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
10 C63, 06 S65, 14 ML350, 95 S500
What if Vendors/sponsors have their own individual sticky and can keep posting in there?
Old 02-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Hey guys,

It is my understanding that Internet Brands tries to maintain a policy of not making significant changes to the communities they purchase. Vendors on MBworld are free to post on this forum but they've been asked to follow certain guidelines and to post their offerings in a responsible manner.

If members feel that vendors are posting/bumping excessively, they should report this activity to moderators and it will be reviewed and removed if necessary.

Over the last few weeks we have been in contact with several vendors to address these exact concerns. All of the sponsors we've contacted have been receptive to our request. The last thing they wish to do is tick-off potential customers.

Our hope is that the forum remains driven by members wanting to sharing their automotive experiences and not by companies wishing to push their products.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
Thanks to the people who keep this site running.

I don't care about the ads if they pay the bills to an extent.
I do like how the E55 section has a separate sub-area for ads.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E89 Z4
Originally Posted by Rock
Hey guys,

It is my understanding that Internet Brands tries to maintain a policy of not making significant changes to the communities they purchase. Vendors on MBworld are free to post on this forum but they've been asked to follow certain guidelines and to post their offerings in a responsible manner.

If members feel that vendors are posting/bumping excessively, they should report this activity to moderators and it will be reviewed and removed if necessary.

Over the last few weeks we have been in contact with several vendors to address these exact concerns. All of the sponsors we've contacted have been receptive to our request. The last thing they wish to do is tick-off potential customers.

Our hope is that the forum remains driven by members wanting to sharing their automotive experiences and not by companies wishing to push their products.
While we are having your attention, could you post an update about what the plans are around that login page with the facebook login enable, but that require re-login every day? I find that to be a very high price to pay for those who don't use the FB feature in the first place.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by squid23
While we are having your attention, could you post an update about what the plans are around that login page with the facebook login enable, but that require re-login every day? I find that to be a very high price to pay for those who don't use the FB feature in the first place.

I do not use Facebook, I'm not even on it. I have no problem staying logged in to MBWorld. As a matter of fact, I have a quick-tab that brings me directly to this section. I have no have to log back in or "re-login" as you say, in over a year. And that time was to install a new hard-drive.

Not sure what your post means or what your problem is.

Also, other than some threads started by vendors, I do not get or see these ads you guys are speaking of. Maybe it's because I use a Mac or that I just have good protection. But I don't have to sift through "annoying" ads.

Not sure what everyone's so *****y about........................especially all these newbies with few posts or recent year joined that are "demanding" something be done. A bunch of us have been here for a while and like it.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:21 AM

2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
I'm probably one of the youngest people on this forum, except for that 16 y/o multi-billionaire, super intelligent, ultra-douche.... and I have to say that some of you guys are less mature than my dip**** college friends.

Complaining about vendor ads? Most of us actually find cool deals and stuff in those ads. Also, they're like 20% ish of the front page. The generally persona of the threads these days are complaints about vendors from children (who should be adults), personal insults to other forum members because e-*****, and then the random thread that people actually discuss cool stuff in.

If you don't like the forum, leave. Go to some other mercedes forum or to another general forum. I'd personally love to see a purging of some of you that post in this forum.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by deadfission
I'm probably one of the youngest people on this forum, except for that 16 y/o multi-billionaire, super intelligent, ultra-douche.... and I have to say that some of you guys are less mature than my dip**** college friends.

Complaining about vendor ads? Most of us actually find cool deals and stuff in those ads. Also, they're like 20% ish of the front page. The generally persona of the threads these days are complaints about vendors from children (who should be adults), personal insults to other forum members because e-*****, and then the random thread that people actually discuss cool stuff in.

If you don't like the forum, leave. Go to some other mercedes forum or to another general forum. I'd personally love to see a purging of some of you that post in this forum.
It's not unreasonable to suggest improvements. There are many other forums that do as good a job of getting the info out there (DIY, issues, mods, etc.) with much less of a swap meet feel to the first page. Doesn't mean I will or should stop coming here. Just means my experience is less than optimal.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts
Multiple
Originally Posted by Rock
Hey guys,

Rock,

Thank you for acknowledging our request, and thank you for an intelligent and rational response.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Originally Posted by squid23
Hi,

Send me a PM and I'll remove the Facebook link to your account, thanks.

Bob
Old 02-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Rock,

Thank you for acknowledging our request, and thank you for an intelligent and rational response.
Rock is our only sane Mod. We keep him around to prevent this site from spinning out of control.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:35 PM

2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
I have been wondering for years what the AMG Orphans Club International was. I see it in someones sig all the time as #10 and i'm like "da **** is that, I wanna be part of it.... i'm not an orphan tho "

Your sig has cleared it up ScottW911..... thank you. thank you for everything.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by deadfission
I have been wondering for years what the AMG Orphans Club International was. I see it in someones sig all the time as #10 and i'm like "da **** is that, I wanna be part of it.... i'm not an orphan tho "

Your sig has cleared it up ScottW911..... thank you. thank you for everything.
Basically, you have to have a pre-2003 (2004 maybe?) to be an orphan. Plaques started then.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by jordanaf
Maybe it's because I use a Mac or that I just have good protection. But I don't have to sift through "annoying" ads.
This. Macbook on chrome with AdBlocker Plus and all I get on this page for example is a small tirerack ad at the top (less than an inch square) and an even smaller Kleeman logo that states they sponsor this forum. I have less than 2 sq inches of ad. Think that is more than reasonable.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Open letter to the moderators