Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Vendor Spam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Vendor Spam

I know this has been answered before, but who can be contacted at IB who has authority to make a change? It's not allowed or tolerated on other forums that I'm a member of either.
I'm not the only who finds it disruptive:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post8052157

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 05-10-2020 at 04:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AMG RB (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 05:13 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
I know this has been answered before, but who can be contacted at IB who has authority to make a change? It's not allowed or tolerated on other forums that I'm a member of either.
I'm not the only who finds it disruptive:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post8052157
Bob is the local Administrator for MBWorld and can be contacted via his profile:
https://mbworld.org/forums/members/1...peedlimit.html

As Bob is the Administrator of MBWorld, he's also in contact with Internet Brands. Internet Brands also has links in the footer for contacts.

Each website is different - different community, different management and different ownership. Please keep in mind that, despite MBWorld is free to access and use by the members, it is not free to operate and so Ads & Vendors help pay bills and support their people.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:15 PM

Received 120 Likes on 102 Posts
The horses are now in the barn, 2019 E63s
Thanks IB,
Old 05-10-2020, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.

Even on a Sunday, the spam is relentless. I understand expenses, but members also contribute arguably more [content] to this website. There are also vendors here who never spam. It's only 5 or so vendors that trash this website, daily. I can tell you, I will never do business with them, and I would guess their daily reposting really isn't doing much good for their business.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 05-10-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Seriously....
Old 05-10-2020, 08:10 PM
IB Staff

Even on a Sunday, the spam is relentless. I understand expenses, but members also contribute arguably more [content] to this website. There are also vendors here who never spam. It's only 5 or so vendors that trash this website, daily. I can tell you, I will never do business with them, and I would guess their daily reposting really isn't doing much good for their business.
I understand your concern. There is no disagreement that members contribute content. The same is true for many platforms that also use advertisements to sustain the platform so that members have a place.

Vendors support the community and need to get some exposure to help generate sales for their business, their people, etc. The simple idea of having it all confined to one area isn't exactly the obvious solution for the same reasons it doesn't happen on other major platforms that also are free to use but rely on revenue to operate.

You can voice your concern with Bob, as I linked above, who works with Internet Brands and can review the guidelines and policies to see if there can be adjustments to help the community.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by IB JT
I understand your concern. There is no disagreement that members contribute content. The same is true for many platforms that also use advertisements to sustain the platform so that members have a place.

Vendors support the community and need to get some exposure to help generate sales for their business, their people, etc. The simple idea of having it all confined to one area isn't exactly the obvious solution for the same reasons it doesn't happen on other major platforms that also are free to use but rely on revenue to operate.

You can voice your concern with Bob, as I linked above, who works with Internet Brands and can review the guidelines and policies to see if there can be adjustments to help the community.
Humor me and go visit the C63/204 and C63/205 forums, and tell me it's not out of control.
Trying to find a relevant thread is like sifting through trash to find a lost ring.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 05-10-2020 at 10:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by E55Greasemonkey:
BLKROKT (01-02-2021), usc96 (07-30-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 11:08 PM
IB Staff

Humor me and go visit the C63/204 and C63/205 forums, and tell me it's not out of control.
Trying to find a relevant thread is like sifting through trash to find a lost ring.
I work on the technical side so I'm not the person you want. Just wanted to answer your question as to who and how you can contact to provide your feedback. And a little bit of my own thought came out. That said, being involved as I have, I do know this can be a bigger problem for some sites than others. It depends on the activity of the section (sections with lower activity can result in higher vendor ratios), it depends on the time of year (pre-Holidays can led to that same ratio concern) and the current world events have also been a factor.
AMG RB (05-10-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Would it be possible to add a "new topics" tab in addition to the "new posts" tab? That would be a nice feature to have.
AMG RB (05-17-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 07:01 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Would it be possible to add a "new topics" tab in addition to the "new posts" tab? That would be a nice feature to have.
Hi,

That is a question for IB which I will forward. Thank you for the suggestion!

Bob
E55Greasemonkey (05-19-2020)