Notices
Vendor Announcements New Products, Test Results, Company News etc.

Apple Carplay & Android Auto: Special Offers for MBworld members! Ends 2/10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 08:38 AM
SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apple Carplay & Android Auto: Special Offers for MBworld members! Ends 2/10

Carputech has a special offer for MBworld members until February 10, 2024.
Pls use coupon code: MB20 to get 20% off on our website: https://www.carputech.com

We provide:
Carplay module: Add carplay for the vehicles that don't have carplay.
Carplay Screen: The Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Touchscreen replaces your outdated factory screen or radio and provides you with a state-of-the-art Android touchscreen (all car features retained) and includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and all the apps the software includes such as Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Google Maps, WhatsApp, etc.

Guarantee and Warranty:
30 DAYS FREE RETURN GUARANTEE: FREE RETURNS Guaranteed within 30 Days, whether you use the product or not.
2-YEAR-WARRANTY: We offer 2-year warranty for all Carputech Carplay products, if there is any quality problem, we will exchange the item for you. If the item exchange cannot resolve the problem, we will propose a return to arrange a refund.

If you have any questions, please contact us!
Email:support@carputech.com

The Carplay Module:
The Carplay Screen:

Last edited by carputech; 05-12-2024 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-27-2024, 11:03 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Has anyone used this? Any reviews?
Old 01-28-2024, 12:06 AM

s300 2019
Originally Posted by zitsky
I have their Basic version on my BMW.

Old 01-28-2024, 01:00 AM

s300 2019
I bought and tried four devices.
carlinkit android 9.0 TBOX.(The link disappeared): $299
carlinkit Android13.0 TV BOX: $169
carlinkit Android13.0 AI BOX PLUS S6125:$229
carputech magic ai box:$289
All were literally plug and play and adjusted for the full screen.
I bought the carlinkit android 9.0 3 years ago. This is the first AI Box I got. I was so excited and satisfied with this smart box. I could enjoy my favorite video streaming content from NetFlix, YouTube, or other streams on my car's display. Whether I was on a long road trip or waiting for someone in my vehicle, I can stream videos easily. It's like having a mini-theater right in my vehicle, adding a new dimension to my driving experience. But it only lasted for two years. Maybe the version was too old. It started to occasionally freeze and disconnect. Last year, I even couldn’t connect it after the IOS upgrade.

And then I got their newest version: Android 13.0 TV BOX.
For the carlink Android 13 TV BOX:
I can only say I’m deeply disappointed. Every 10 minutes or so, the connection between the car (Mercedes) and the LED box breaks.
So I returned it and replaced it with carlinkit AIBOXS6125. This version is much better than the LED version. It starts up very quickly. Watching videos is smoother and there is basically no disconnection. But I can only say that it is better than the LED version. I still miss my 9.0 more.
And I bought the magic box basic(At that time, version 13.0 had not been released yet) for my BMW, because carlinkit doesn't apply Carplay boxes for BMW: This product performs very well on my BMW. I like its UI interface very much, which is more beautiful than all versions of carlinkit. The connection is stable. Looks like my 9.0 is back. And it also has an HDMI interface for rear video watching, which is not available on the carlinkit box. personally if you’re in the market, go with the carputech magic box.

Old 01-28-2024, 04:01 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by zitsky
Hello, Thanks for your interest on our product.
Pls kindly check the review from our customer here:
You can try it for a month first. If you are not satisfied, you will get a free refund. We bear all shipping costs. So you no need to Hesitate on Your Carputech Purchase. Try it out!! We guarantee you will love it!!
Old 01-28-2024, 04:08 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by JohnHu85
I bought and tried four devices.
carlinkit android 9.0 TBOX.(The link disappeared): $299
carlinkit Android13.0 TV BOX: $169
carlinkit Android13.0 AI BOX PLUS S6125:$229
carputech magic ai box:$289
All were literally plug and play and adjusted for the full screen.
I bought the carlinkit android 9.0 3 years ago. This is the first AI Box I got. I was so excited and satisfied with this smart box. I could enjoy my favorite video streaming content from NetFlix, YouTube, or other streams on my car's display. Whether I was on a long road trip or waiting for someone in my vehicle, I can stream videos easily. It's like having a mini-theater right in my vehicle, adding a new dimension to my driving experience. But it only lasted for two years. Maybe the version was too old. It started to occasionally freeze and disconnect. Last year, I even couldn’t connect it after the IOS upgrade.

And then I got their newest version: Android 13.0 TV BOX.
For the carlink Android 13 TV BOX:
I can only say I’m deeply disappointed. Every 10 minutes or so, the connection between the car (Mercedes) and the LED box breaks.
So I returned it and replaced it with carlinkit AIBOXS6125. This version is much better than the LED version. It starts up very quickly. Watching videos is smoother and there is basically no disconnection. But I can only say that it is better than the LED version. I still miss my 9.0 more.
And I bought the magic box basic(At that time, version 13.0 had not been released yet) for my BMW, because carlinkit doesn't apply Carplay boxes for BMW: This product performs very well on my BMW. I like its UI interface very much, which is more beautiful than all versions of carlinkit. The connection is stable. Looks like my 9.0 is back. And it also has an HDMI interface for rear video watching, which is not available on the carlinkit box. personally if you’re in the market, go with the carputech magic box.
Hello JohnHu85,
Thank you for your support on our product! There is nothing more rewarding than receiving positive feedback from our customers.
You are using the basic version. We have now upgraded to the plus version, which gets a new chip, is faster and more stable, and has larger Ram/Rom Storage. Since you are our previous customer, if you are interested in making a second purchase, please contact our customer service for a special discount. Thank you!
Old 01-28-2024, 07:58 AM

2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 2018 Mercedes E63S 2014 BMW M5
Originally Posted by carputech
Carputech has a special offer for MBworld members until February 10, 2024.
Pls use coupon code: MB20 to get 20% off on our website: https://www.carputech.com

We provide:
Wireless adapters - For wired carplay/android auto cars.
Carplay module& Android Car Radio-Add carplay for the vehicles that don't have carplay.

Guarantee and Warranty:
30 DAYS FREE RETURN GUARANTEE: FREE RETURNS Guaranteed within 30 Days, whether you use the product or not.
2-YEAR-WARRANTY: We offer 2-year warranty for all Carputech Carplay products, if there is any quality problem, we will exchange the item for you. If the item exchange cannot resolve the problem, we will propose a return to arrange a refund.

If you have any questions, please contact us!
Email:support@carputech.com

Hi, I am really interested in getting Android auto on my Mercedes GLC and saw your post.
Can you confirm you have got this to work on an Mercedes GLC and elaborate on the different options? How intrusive if the install for the different options etc...

Thanks
Old 01-31-2024, 04:27 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Luis. L9
Hi, I am really interested in getting Android auto on my Mercedes GLC and saw your post.
Can you confirm you have got this to work on an Mercedes GLC and elaborate on the different options? How intrusive if the install for the different options etc...

Thanks
Hello,
Thanks for your interest on our product. May I know the year of your Mercedes GLC?
Q: elaborate on the different options? How intrusive if the install for the different options etc...
A: In general,we have three options to add android auto for your GLC:
1. Add a Android Auto module: a small kit which is installed behind your touchscreen, so you can switch between your car system and the Android Auto system. In another mean, you do not need to remove any of your original system components, you simply “add in” the Android Auto Module using the plug and play wiring loom. Make everything OEM.
2. Upgrade your car screen to full Android Car Radio. This is a full replacement. You will have a full Android system and a high-definition big screen. Some of my customers choose this. But I don't really recommend it. In my opinion, the original system of Mercedes is better than the Android system.
3. Get a portable carplay screen. The good thing is you don’t need to install it, just plug and play. The disadvantage is that it affects the appearance of your GLC.
For your Mercedes
GLC, I most recommend the first option. My own W211 is also intalled with carplay module, which is very easy to use. It's as smooth as the built-in carplay and android auto in your original car.
Our products have been successfully installed and used on every vehicle of the model we list.
And we offer:
30 DAYS FREE RETURN GUARANTEE & 2-YEAR-WARRANTY.
Any other questions pls feel free to contact us, thank you!

Old 04-24-2024, 10:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 AMG C63 S Sedan
Looking at the three sites I see a lot of overlap of products that appear to be the same thing really. I have a 2021 E63 (W213) and would like to have wireless carplay (fast and reliable) along with full screen carplay. What is the best option for this?
Old 04-26-2024, 06:47 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by mbollman
Looking at the three sites I see a lot of overlap of products that appear to be the same thing really. I have a 2021 E63 (W213) and would like to have wireless carplay (fast and reliable) along with full screen carplay. What is the best option for this?
This kit is Special for those Mercedes which only shows CarPlay on half or 3/4 screen. https://www.carputech.com/products/w...r-link-airplay
Old 05-07-2024, 09:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 AMG C63 S Sedan
So I bought this kit and went through the install this past weekend.

the video linked in the QR code really glosses over pulling the head unit out of the dash. There are two hooks on the cage and not enough room to lift it high enough to get free. Lots of cursing and fiddling finally got it out.

Second issue is in the video it shows them just sliding the module into the dash, yeah that’s a no go. I tried putting that little box in various places but every location I tried prevented the center console from reinstalling. So I pulled the head unit and removed and then reinstalled it all as stock.

if anyone has a suggestion on where to mount the unit, or tips for removing the head unit, I’m genuinely curious. I did try out the functionality while I had everything apart and seemed to work great so I would like to get this installed.