Vendor Group Buys Group purchases offered by our supporting vendors.

HID Conversion Kit Special $60.00 Shipped for MBworld members

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by hidextra.com
Send me an email, I'll send a set of capacitors out to you. Thanks!

Michelle
I sent the email please let me know when you send out the capacitors. Thanx
Old 08-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Hi Dynomite,

Didn't get your email yet, please send again to info@hidextra.com with o# and your full name. Thanks~

Michelle

Originally Posted by dynomite05
I sent the email please let me know when you send out the capacitors. Thanx
Old 08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
We have signed another quarter of sponsorship for mbworld.org

The special is still on, Thank you all for your support and business!

Michelle
Old 08-10-2009, 03:40 PM

06 C230 6 Speed FTW
Just got my HIDs today. Came fast! Once installed I will post some pictures here.

(Fogs next month! Have to take it slow with the new Fiance)

Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM

'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Originally Posted by Chaka
Pre sorri nag ka problema yung pinili kong pwesto para sa kaliwang ballast, muntik na hulog yung ballast kagabi.I can send a picture of the right side muna.I need to relocate the left ballast and xtend the wire.
Chaka - where did you stick the ballasts?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
Great! I wanna see pics when you get it installed Nate!

Hm...new Fiance...how many did you have j/k *LOL*

Michelle

Originally Posted by omg its nate
Just got my HIDs today. Came fast! Once installed I will post some pictures here.

(Fogs next month! Have to take it slow with the new Fiance)

Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 PM

06 C230 6 Speed FTW
Ha one and only guess that sounded bad!

8000K installed.

I am not sure they are aligned correctly. Seem pointed low maybe?

Here is the temp install pics. This weekend will make it look pro!

Last edited by omg its nate; 08-11-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
ALL orders placed before 3pm PST yesterday have been shipped. Thank you!

Michelle
Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM

09 C300
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the HID conversion kit from hidextra.com...any problems with the conversion kit? I am looking to get 8k fogs, headlights ....
I've been reading over the net about how you need the authentic ones so the malfunction displays lights doesn't come on...is that true? $60 seemms like a reallly good price compared to others...Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 07:30 PM

'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Originally Posted by MB09C300
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the HID conversion kit from hidextra.com...any problems with the conversion kit? I am looking to get 8k fogs, headlights ....
I've been reading over the net about how you need the authentic ones so the malfunction displays lights doesn't come on...is that true? $60 seemms like a reallly good price compared to others...Thanks

I just installed these on my 08 C. They send a capacitor wire along with the kit so no flicker.

Very easy to install but you do have to drill out holes in your head lamp dust caps to run the wires through because ballasts too big to tuck into headlamp housing.

Also have to find a location for the ballasts which is not very easy since w204 does not have much for flat places for ballasts under hood and wires are too short to stick on the backside of the bumper beam or other good locations.

Great value.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
Hi,

What is your YR MAKE MODEL and I can confirm the bulb type for you.
and get you the link to your 8000K for fogs and headlights, we include
a special capacitor so you won't get a lamp out or a any flickering. And yes, since Mercedes do have headlight caps (I believe for most) you will need to drill 1 1/2 hold in the cap to tuck the rubber grommet to water proof since the ballast supposed to be outside the headlight housing.

All models are different in the front where there are different spaces for the ballast so you may want to look at your car and see if you have space for the ballast, if have less space, then you can get the slim ballast kit, half the size of a regular ballast, but the kit will be $15 more ($75 slim kit after discount instead of $60).

Thanks~

Michelle

Hi All,

Old 08-11-2009, 08:17 PM

09 C300
Hey,

2009 C300 Benz...I looked around the internet and they have the ones you just plug in w/ no drilling or wiring required? Do you know what I am talkin about? Slim fit would be nice....
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
Hi,

Ours is considered plug and play but since the ballast is outside the headlight housing, and mercedes have a headlight cap, you may have to drill a hole in your cap, otherwise most people leave it out.

2009 MERCEDES-BENZ C-class (With halogen capsule headlamps)
Low beam headlamp
H7
High beam headlamp
H7

What color would you like? Below is the link to the slim kit $75 shipped within U.S. after coupon code: fspecial-m

http://www.hidextra.com/HID+Conversi...rsion+Kit.html

Please scroll to the bottom of that page to choose your bulb type and color, otherwise it will stay as default

If you want to get both kits, you must enter your transaction separate for each and input coupon code twice for each order so you can get the $15off
discount for both. THanks!

Michelle

Hey,

2009 C300 Benz...I looked around the internet and they have the ones you just plug in w/ no drilling or wiring required? Do you know what I am talkin about? Slim fit would be nice....
Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 PM

09 C300
Hey,

Would the slimfit model still need the capacitor? What exactly is the capacitor...is it just a wire?

I think Im just going to try out the kit for the headlights first and the fog lights later? Would u reccomend 8K or 6K for Iridium Silver C300?

Thanks
Originally Posted by hidextra.com
Hi,

Ours is considered plug and play but since the ballast is outside the headlight housing, and mercedes have a headlight cap, you may have to drill a hole in your cap, otherwise most people leave it out.

2009 MERCEDES-BENZ C-class (With halogen capsule headlamps)
Low beam headlamp
H7
High beam headlamp
H7

What color would you like? Below is the link to the slim kit $75 shipped within U.S. after coupon code: fspecial-m

http://www.hidextra.com/HID+Conversi...rsion+Kit.html

Please scroll to the bottom of that page to choose your bulb type and color, otherwise it will stay as default

If you want to get both kits, you must enter your transaction separate for each and input coupon code twice for each order so you can get the $15off
discount for both. THanks!

Michelle
Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
Hi,

The capacitor is a special wire that bypasses the computer so your dashboard will not have a lamp out, and yes, you will still need the capacitor for the slim kit also, it goes between the ballast and the wire harness, then the wire harness connects to the oem connector, if you give me your email I can send you a picture.

It really depends on which color you like, the output for the 6000K and 8000K is pretty close, the 6000K is Pure white and the 8000K is White with light blue tint. If you have a silver car, which is my favorite color...I think the white with light blue tint will give it more shine, but that's just me

Let me know and I'll get you the link!

OH and don't forget to put your YR MAKE MODEL on the comment area when you order so we know to send you a special capacitor for your mercedes.
Thanks!

Michelle

Hey,

Would the slimfit model still need the capacitor? What exactly is the capacitor...is it just a wire?

I think Im just going to try out the kit for the headlights first and the fog lights later? Would u reccomend 8K or 6K for Iridium Silver C300?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 11:40 PM

06 C230 6 Speed FTW
I would get the 6000k headlights and 8000k fogs. I have the 8000k and could be a tad brighter. Just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM

09 C300
Hey I decided to get the 6000K headlights and already placed an order...can't wait to get them...8000K too much blue for me
Old 08-12-2009, 05:29 PM

09 C300
Hey Nate,

Did you end up relocating the ballast? Did you have to drill hole for you headlight cap?

Thanks bro
Originally Posted by omg its nate
Ha one and only guess that sounded bad!

8000K installed.

I am not sure they are aligned correctly. Seem pointed low maybe?

Here is the temp install pics. This weekend will make it look pro!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
All orders placed before 3PM PST today have been shipped, you should be receiving a tracking # if not already. Thanks~

Michelle
Old 08-12-2009, 07:56 PM

06 C230 6 Speed FTW
Hey Nate,

Did you end up relocating the ballast? Did you have to drill hole for you headlight cap?

Thanks bro
I still have them as the pic shows. I plan on making look better this weekend. Not sure what my plan of attack is but I will post a pic when I am done.

I did not drill a hole and will do that this weekend as well. I really wanted to get them in right away.

It was very easy to install. This weekend I will take better pics of the install.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Viking War Ship
Just an update from my end. I ordered and paid a little bit back. Absolutely excellent communication from the seller with fast USPS Priority shipping. Couldn't be happier.

I took some time and installed last weekend. I removed the headlight assembly and mounted the ballast to the underside of my W211 as the factory Xenon ballast would be. I opened up the plug holes in the bottom side and ran the wires through and inside the housing...caulking up the holes with some silicone to prevent moisture from getting inside. The stock Xenon units have weather-proof rubber seals I'd imagine.

A note for you DIY'ers...Red (+12V) goes to Yellow...Black (ground) goes to Brown. The install turned out perfect and completely encapsulated just like a factory install would be. No extra dangling wires, ballasts to screw to the engine bay, or wires to tap into.

No issues...no complaints. Great product with no flickering or "bulb failure" warning lights. If you're thinking about it, don't hesitate.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
Thanks for your feedback!

Michelle

Originally Posted by kjlindgr
Just an update from my end. I ordered and paid a little bit back. Absolutely excellent communication from the seller with fast USPS Priority shipping. Couldn't be happier.

I took some time and installed last weekend. I removed the headlight assembly and mounted the ballast to the underside of my W211 as the factory Xenon ballast would be. I opened up the plug holes in the bottom side and ran the wires through and inside the housing...caulking up the holes with some silicone to prevent moisture from getting inside. The stock Xenon units have weather-proof rubber seals I'd imagine.

A note for you DIY'ers...Red (+12V) goes to Yellow...Black (ground) goes to Brown. The install turned out perfect and completely encapsulated just like a factory install would be. No extra dangling wires, ballasts to screw to the engine bay, or wires to tap into.

No issues...no complaints. Great product with no flickering or "bulb failure" warning lights. If you're thinking about it, don't hesitate.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
All orders placed before 3pm PST today have been shipped, thank you!

Michelle
Old 08-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
All orders placed before 3pm PST today have been shipped, thank you!

Michelle
Old 08-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Michelle, I have a big problem...

The capacitors arrived..I connected one to make sure it works and when I turn the lights on the fog light blinked twice and then the capacitor popped! After the pop my headlights went out. Now neither the headlights or the fog lights work. My city lights,signals and corners are working fine. I checked the fuses and they are good. I'm not getting any errors on my dash either. I can't take it to my mechanic till Monday. I have no clue what happened!

Last edited by dynomite05; 08-15-2009 at 01:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: HID Conversion Kit Special $60.00 Shipped for MBworld members