Vendor Group Buys Group purchases offered by our supporting vendors.

MB 2-piece light weight rotor (Gain more miles per gallon & hp at the wheels)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
MB 2-piece light weight rotor (Gain more miles per gallon & hp at the wheels)

Hi everyone, we are now offering our newly designed center mount rotors with convergent vanes and open slots for some Mercedes applications. These rotors are the sport tuned type, best and latest technology in the market today, superior to oem and competitors. Rotors are available for C-class, CL-class, SLK, SL-class and more (check table below). These rotors are the best in the business it will outperform any high end or any track two-piece rotor out there and the positive feedback we have been getting about its performance is enormous. These rotors are exclusively designed and engineered to prevent from cracking and warping suitable for any kind of driving condition. The mass reduction on the front and rear rotors are between 3.0 lbs. to 11 lbs. by far the lightest rotor out there for any Mercedes application, lighter rotors means better performance at the wheels and don't be surprise, if your gain extra 10 to 25 whopping horsepower after installing these rotors. Better miles per gallon is also an advantage with these rotors because of the lighter mass rotation all four wheels. This is your chance to gain those hp back that was lost with the heavy oem and other competitors rotors. It is proven that a lighter rotor can increase horsepower at the wheels check the dyno testing.

Racingbrake rotors are engineered to be the best stock replacement two-piece rotors on the performance market. These rotors are direct bolt-on, easy to install, no additional hardware needed, and an excellent upgrade for both streets and track. Not only will the rotors last longer than competitions' two-piece rotors, they can deliver consistent brake torque under extreme heat, session after session. When it comes to replacement, the operating cost over the time will be lower than one-piece rotors.

Racingbrake offers a complete satisfaction guarantee to you and other MB enthusiasts; if you don't agree that they are the best two-piece rotors in value, look and performance your money can buy just return them for a refund.

The size of our rotors are from (10.75'') to(16'')

Click on the table below to see our products.

Racingbrake Advanced Technology

Last edited by RacingBrake; 01-30-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
hi price for 2009 C63 shipped to queensland australia postcode 4034 slow shipping ok thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
CL55

I used your product on my NSX series 2 and it was fantastic. Your company does original engineering and spends the money to patent these innovations.

Two piece and open slots only is the way to go!

I need a solution for the 03-06 CL55 AMG. It is a W215 chassis. Perhaps the CL65 product will fit it?

Last edited by grane; 02-01-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
Noticed your 2141 rotor is a 360mm rotor and has multiple applications, including the CLK63 black series. Will that rotor fit the regular CLK63 AMG? It has a different offset than the black series I believe. I think there are a lot of owners out there that need the regular 63 360mm rotors as it was a popular oem big brake upgrade kit... if you don't make one yet all it would take is a different hat?

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 02-01-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Originally Posted by grane
I used your product on my NSX series 2 and it was fantastic. Your company does original engineering and spends the money to patent these innovations.

Two piece and open slots only is the way to go!

I need a solution for the 03-06 CL55 AMG. It is a W215 chassis. Perhaps the CL65 product will fit it?
Hi Grane,

I am glad that RB brakes work well on your NSX. The light weight two piece rotors for NSX were first introduced by RB since 2005 and they are still running strong w/o needing replacement rings, so the center-mount design and open slots are the proven technology for modern performance brakes.

We have rotor rings with various sizes (dia x thk) that can be designed and built for most high horsepower, bulky & heavy rotors for your MB (typically 345, 360, 390mm) especially for those heavy one piece 390mm rotors that weighs ~38 lbs that can be dramatically reduced by 1/3 to ~20-24 lbs.

It appears your CL55 is 360x34mm one piece rotor can you verify it?

Thanks

Warren-RB (The inventor of those new brake designs)
Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Originally Posted by Nero Tenebre
Noticed your 2141 rotor is a 360mm rotor and has multiple applications, including the CLK63 black series. Will that rotor fit the regular CLK63 AMG? It has a different offset than the black series I believe. I think there are a lot of owners out there that need the regular 63 360mm rotors as it was a popular oem big brake upgrade kit... if you don't make one yet all it would take is a different hat?
Yes and thanks for the lead. Upon further research, I have found your CLK63 rotor is a two piece construction with the same diameter of 360mm but 32mm in thickness instead of 36mm on black series.

Although it's 360mm but if you look at your brake rotor you will find a rusty lip approx 3mm at rotor edge outside the brake pad contact area, so ideally your rotor should be 355mm which will eliminate this undesirable rusty lip and make pad replacement easier after the rotor is worn down. (so the pad is not caught by the lip)

We do have many 355x32mm rotor rings with different pad width for those OE replacement rotors that we make:
Nissan 370ZS / Infiniti G37S
Corvette Z06
CamaroSS
CTS-V
Ford Mustang GT500
Dodge Viper
The above stock OE two piece rotors are made with our center-mount design.

This 355x32 rotor is also a kind of "standard" size for most after market 14" Big Brake Kits (Brembo, Alcon, Stoptech), which we also have the rings (surface mount) that other performance shops and racers purchased for their disc replacements.

http://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7096.htm

You may want to take a look at your brake and see if you can add some comments to my reply so we can have your rotors made.

Thanks

Warren-RB
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM

I do have a lip forming on the edge of the rotor but I thought that was intentional so you could see how much of the rotor was worn away. I wouldn't mind a 355mm rotor as it may be lighter, do you have one that will work with my caliper? I can confirm any measurements you need using my digital gage which is very accurate. I think I've sent you a photo of my rotor before and the hat was OE style you said, which means you couldn't just swap the rings out IIRC. But if they can work with my oem hats then I am willing to disassemble and reassemble with new hats. How about a rear 2 piece rotor for the CLK63 too? It is more critical for the acceleration performance and mileage than the front and you may have a 330mm rotor that works. Thanks for tackling this, looking forward to more developments.

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 02-16-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM

Any updates on this?

I was wondering if I could get a CAD file or PDF file of your rotors that I can print at 100% scale and determine if I can use them with the OEM hats I have-- unless you can already tell me? http://www.racingbrake.com/355x32mm-p/14041-311k-01.htm

I need to make a decision soon... if the rotor ring replacement doesn't work out and you don't have any rotors that fit then at least I'll know my options.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
I do have a lip forming on the edge of the rotor but I thought that was intentional so you could see how much of the rotor was worn away.
May be so but when we build "Performance Rotors" we eliminate those undesirable rusty lips.

I wouldn't mind a 355mm rotor as it may be lighter, do you have one that will work with my caliper? I can confirm any measurements you need using my digital gage which is very accurate. I think I've sent you a photo of my rotor before and the hat was OE style you said, which means you couldn't just swap the rings out IIRC. But if they can work with my oem hats then I am willing to disassemble and reassemble with new hats.
We found just just to make the rings to re-use OE hats are generally not worth it and not favored by most customers. Not only the rotor rings have to specifically fit the OE hats (varied from one model to the other), which limits the demand, but the McLaren fasteners are cumbersome and cost more to replace, so most of customer prefer to replace the whole rotor assembly with our center mount two piece rotors.

How about a rear 2 piece rotor for the CLK63 too? It is more critical for the acceleration performance and mileage than the front and you may have a 330mm rotor that works. Thanks for tackling this, looking forward to more developments.
They are being tooled and will soon be announced.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Any updates on this?

I was wondering if I could get a CAD file or PDF file of your rotors that I can print at 100% scale and determine if I can use them with the OEM hats I have-- unless you can already tell me? http://www.racingbrake.com/355x32mm-p/14041-311k-01.htm

Thanks again for your help!
Two piece rotor design is not simply by the diameter and thickness. The ring you linked to is for a standard Brembo GT 14" rotor brake kit and they are made to use different hardware (the mounting hole is oblong). They would not fit those OE hats which use McLaren fasteners (round holes).
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
This is how our two piece rotors will be made.

Estd weight ~20 lbs vs. OE's 24.5 lbs.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Two piece rotor design is not simply by the diameter and thickness. The ring you linked to is for a standard Brembo GT 14" rotor brake kit and they are made to use different hardware (the mounting hole is oblong). They would not fit those OE hats which use McLaren fasteners (round holes).
Thanks for the info- I don't mind replacing the whole rotor instead of just the ring, if you have one that fits- so any idea when/if you will have something for the front of the regular CLK63 that is a direct replacement? If you have a rear rotor on the way and it saves weight with a 2 piece design then I would love to have matching rotors front and rear.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Thanks for the info- I don't mind replacing the whole rotor instead of just the ring, if you have one that fits- so any idea when/if you will have something for the front of the regular CLK63 that is a direct replacement?
That's what the posted dwg shown - direct replacement with complete disc and hat assembly - you also save weight.

If you have a rear rotor on the way and it saves weight with a 2 piece design then I would love to have matching rotors front and rear.
The rear (330x26) is the same as E63 which is available in stock for ready shipment.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...EAR-p/2188.htm

OE is one piece so if you replace the rear to our two piece rotor, you can save 8 lbs per rotor so along with the front two piece rotors you will have an entire different driving experience with those RB light weight rotors.

The front discs are available but need to make the hats, do you think we have other people might be interested in this set up/replacement so we can make a production run.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 PM

OH! Now we are talking!! I thought that was a drawing for the rear rotor which was upcoming but if you are going to make a front replacement and it's 4 lbs lighter at each corner that is a HUGE weight savings. I notice every time I take 2 lbs off the wheels on the NSX so that's my personal guideline. And 8 lbs on each rear, the drive wheels?? That will be transformative, no doubt about it. With forged wheels instead of the heavy wheels MB puts on almost everything, it will be even better as then we are talking a 10-15 lb reduction in rotating mass.

I don't know if the guys that pursue power really understand the advantages to weight reduction and especially rotating weight reduction. The benefits are all compounding (it makes steering, ride quality, MPG, reaction time, acceleration, braking, cornering, etc. all better and reduces stress on all components) whereas the just adding power to make your car faster makes the rest of the car worse (it's more expensive, can decrease MPG, the car reacts more slowly, it stresses braking and other components of the car, etc.). Yours are priced similarly but slightly higher than the Evosport 2 piece rotors which were offered on group buy/holiday special. Not sure what final price will be but it looks to be competitive.

I'm going to start a thread in a different forum, I think few people visit this one.

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 02-27-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
That's what the posted dwg shown - direct replacement with complete disc and hat assembly - you also save weight.

The rear (330x26) is the same as E63 which is available in stock for ready shipment.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...EAR-p/2188.htm

OE is one piece so if you replace the rear to our two piece rotor, you can save 8 lbs per rotor so along with the front two piece rotors you will have an entire different driving experience with those RB light weight rotors.

The front discs are available but need to make the hats, do you think we have other people might be interested in this set up/replacement so we can make a production run.
Yes! People would definitely be interested!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
is the offeset for the rear rotors on the E63 the same as the CLK63? So the rear rotors WILL fit?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
OH! Now we are talking!! I thought that was a drawing for the rear rotor which was upcoming but if you are going to make a front replacement and it's 4 lbs lighter at each corner that is a HUGE weight savings.
Yes, it's for front, but since the OE front is also a two piece, so the saving is not as much as one piece but it's still very significant.

I notice every time I take 2 lbs off the wheels on the NSX so that's my personal guideline. And 8 lbs on each rear, the drive wheels?? That will be transformative, no doubt about it. With forged wheels instead of the heavy wheels MB puts on almost everything, it will be even better as then we are talking a 10-15 lb reduction in rotating mass.

I don't know if the guys that pursue power really understand the advantages to weight reduction and especially rotating weight reduction. The benefits are all compounding (it makes steering, ride quality, MPG, reaction time, acceleration, braking, cornering, etc. all better and reduces stress on all components) whereas the just adding power to make your car faster makes the rest of the car worse (it's more expensive, can decrease MPG, the car reacts more slowly, it stresses braking and other components of the car, etc.).
Well put, in fact we just released a lighter weight front/rear two piece rotors for GT-R, may I quote your comment there so they can better understand the benefit of reducing the rotational weight.

Yours are priced similarly but slightly higher than the Evosport 2 piece rotors which were offered on group buy/holiday special. Not sure what final price will be but it looks to be competitive. I'm going to start a thread in a different forum, I think few people visit this one.
Our two piece rotors are built with the most advanced brake technology in design and metallurgy, the early development are for EVO, STi and NSX about 10 years ago. Nowadays we offer more two piece rotors than all the competitions combined.

As to the rear two piece rotors, we are the only brake company offers composite hat, with forged aluminum shell and iron sleeve insert, so they are light weight yet still retain your e-brakes, unlike others "light weight" aluminum hats, w/o even disclosing you must delete your hand brakes.

All MB rear come with drum e-brakes, and this is how your rear two piece rotors are built.

RB two piece rotors are known for their durability. We have RX7 BBK (front and rear) which have been running 6 track years and still going and I am sure your NSX two piece rotors would last the same if not longer. So in addition to performance improvement, if you factor in the longevity, our rotors are a true bargain.

Intelligent consumers are our best customers, so check around before you buy, compare the price, and their mfg experience. Find out if my rear "light weight" rotors is safe for e-brake in case of emergency (not just for parking).
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
is the offeset for the rear rotors on the E63 the same as the CLK63? So the rear rotors WILL fit?
We believe they are, but if you live near by us (Fullerton, CA) we can check them out on your CLK63.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Hello Racing Brake, I happen to own both styles of Merc a E63 and a CLK63 CAB, Non BS both 07. You say that both cars have the same rear rotors, but when I measure the offset there is definetly a difference. Measurement was from the outer face of the hub back to the actual working face showing a huge difference 10-11mm. Taking this into perspective how can they be the same fitment?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
For the same size of rotor (330x26mm) and brake drum (180x25mm), we have two different hats to assemble to two different rotor height (for different offset):

58.5mm
68.5mm (this one has a deeper hat)

Its' our understanding that they are made with different offset to fit different calipers.

There are so many different models/years that we admit we can't possibly track all these applications correctly, but we track by mfg dimensions.

For example C63 has the same exact rotor dimension in rear but the drum size is 165x25mm.

The other rear larger rotor size is 360x26mm but it also has two different drum sizes (180x25mm and 180x39mm for ML)

With 2 rotor sizes (330x26, 360x26) and 3 drum sizes (165x25, 180x25, and 210x30), a total of 5 P/Ns, we shall be able to cover most of the AMG rears. and if there is a new offset we can always modify our hat to fit.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
Thumbs up Information about CL brakes and other models they fit

Hi Grane,

It appears your CL55 is 360x34mm one piece rotor can you verify it?

Thanks

Warren-RB (The inventor of those new brake designs)
Warren,
Here is what I have been able to find. All the brakes appear to be one piece designs. The brakes that fit the CL55 will fit other models as well!

Front Brake
MB part number 220-421-19-12
Fits MB cars:
03-06 CL55 AMG
03-06 S600 V-12
03-06 S55 AMG

Dimensions in mm:
Diameter: 360.00
Thickness: 36.00
Overall height: 77.00
Hub hole diameter: 67.00
5 bolts

Weight is approximately 38 lbs. It is used with 4 brake pads.

Rear Brake
MB part number 220-423-09-12
Fits MB cars:
03-06 CL55 AMG
03-06 S55 AMG

Dimensions in mm:
Diameter: 330.00
Thickness: 26.00
Overall Height: 61.00
5 bolts
I am not sure about the weight.

Please note that there may be a B version of these parts meaning that there might have been an upgrade and/or a vendor change. Finally, I would suggest having this information verified before starting production.

Opportunity:
If you look on the relevant S and AMG threads on this Forum there are S600 owners who modify their cars and I just spoke to a S55 owner who is looking for a better solution. There are particularly some monster CL55s out there! If you go fast you need to stop fast!

Grane

Last edited by grane; 02-28-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Grane,

Thanks for sharing. I am listing all the front two piece rotors we have made available:

The rotor height is rounded for identification purpose. The application listed is used as "main" reference, again just like the rear we are not able to comprehend all those years/models, but the dimensions should be good enough for MB owners to identify which rotors can fit their specific cars.

So it appears we are missing the one with 77mm in height, but again the hat can always be made to fit the height (offset), and the front is even easier, because there is no drum brake involved.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Originally Posted by grane
Warren,
Here is what I have been able to find. All the brakes appear to be one piece designs. The brakes that fit the CL55 will fit other models as well!

Front Brake
MB part number 220-421-19-12
Fits MB cars:
03-06 CL55 AMG
03-06 S600 V-12
03-06 S55 AMG

Dimensions in mm:
Diameter: 360.00
Thickness: 36.00
Overall height: 77.00
5 bolts

Weight is approximately 38 lbs. It is used with 4 brake pads.

Rear Brake
MB part number 220-423-09-12
Fits MB cars:
03-06 CL55 AMG
03-06 S55 AMG

Dimensions in mm:
Diameter: 330.00
Thickness: 26.00
Overall Height: 61.00
5 bolts
I am not sure about the weight.

Grane
According to our research, the same front (360x36) and rear rotor (330x26) are good from 2001 up to 2006, until 2007 when the rotor sizes changed to 390x36 front and 360x26 rear which we already made available.

We have the discs and will make the hats for these earlier models, with 6-8 weeks lead-time.

Weight info:

Front OE 1pc = 37 lbs, RB 2pc = 22 lbs (estd.) Save 15 lbs/rotor
Rear: OE 1pc = 21 lbs, RB 2pc = 13.5 lbs (estd.) Save 7.5 lbs/rotor

Total weight waving per car (for 4 rotors) = 45 lbs

We also like to make our excellent street (ET) and track (XT) pads available to go with these two piece rotors to enhance the overall performance.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
So do you have a set for the s55? Price?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
S55

Originally Posted by SSM AMG
So do you have a set for the s55? Price?
From our conversations Warren is finishing up another range and is soon starting or has started on our fitments. I am very enthusiastic about his products. I am glad to be the "guinea pig" for them. I can't wait to get them!

To show your immediate interest, I suggest you contact him by email (as you know this is an option on the Forum) rather than a PM. Let them know you are a Forum member because there is special group buy pricing.

He spends most of his time in R&D and one of the other folks there monitors emails from what I understand.

Grane

Last edited by grane; 03-14-2013 at 03:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MB 2-piece light weight rotor (Gain more miles per gallon & hp at the wheels)