Sponsored by:

HPS Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cory,

I don't think you're a loser! Does anyone here see Cory flaming Renntech or Brabus? Sure, Kleemann wants you to buy their systems over the competition, but the majority of the Renntech and Brabus's work is done exceptionally well, and the decision then becomes focused on price and performance.

Yet Kleemann is pointing out many negative aspects to the HPS system, Eaton SC, and lack of intercooler. Why would they do this to HPS, and not Renntech or Brabus? You're dealing with the experts in MB supercharging here, I would recommend you pay attention to Kleemann and CoryU's posts, it could save you a lot of trouble down the road.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Ben.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thanks Ben!! It's nice to know I have a friend!
Old 12-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CoryU
I'm sorry you think I'm a loser....
Don't worry Cory with the amount of technical knowledge you have on your product your not a looser in my book. And hopefully one day once i have enough mula i'll be getting your product too!
Old 12-12-2002, 07:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Blessed by Magnuson, praised by Brabus, and kissed by the Pope! An intercooler may not be needed, but reliability isn't either.

How can you agree with me? I find your product to be cheaper, yet far inferior, and potentially dangerous. Your decision to ignore whatever the problem that Timster is having, creates a sense of ill-will, and would definitely change my mind if I were in the market for your supercharger. You try to change what people write by saying you agree, or ignoring it completely by saying that it is "beating a dead horse." The problem is, there is a problem that you are attempting to cover up. This is apparent, as your only customer on the board has withdrawn all of his posts. Further, there are facts, against your system, directly from people in the 'know,' rather than saying that someone had 45 years experience before he made something.

Tell you what, one of my Grandma has over 60 years experience cooking; I'd rather eat elsewhere. The only dead horses here is horsepower on your end. Do you have any real-world dyno charts, not once drawn and pasted into Excel? You mentioned that you would respond to real questions. Vadim wrote many, asking for real numbers, a/f ratios, intake temperatures, etc. His reply was you touched it with your hand and did not get burned. That raises issues with me, because you can touch it while stock, and get burned!

I've had enough. If you want to stick to the facts, post some facts. When Kleemann posts charts off Eaton's website (who has 40 years), you should be the first person to acknowledge it. If you want people to stop attacking you about Timster's car, post what you are doing to resolve his issues. Or even better, invite him to share his experiences on the board! Show the people of MBWorld that you care!
Old 12-13-2002, 12:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
wow, this discussion is going on at a lot of threads! You guys just don't get tired
Old 12-13-2002, 03:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the spirit of posting the same thing in multiple threads, this is taken from Vadim in the Performance forum
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...440#post222440 :

Oh my God! This is even worse than I thought. HPS - whatever your name is - you better quit now. Lets take apart your statement.

[QUOTE] The kompressor raises the temperature under heavy boost up to 15 degrees Fah. [QUOTE]

First of all Eaton is not a compressor, it is a positive displacement pump. Compression takes part in intake manifold, this is why it is very inefficeint. Even with 4 lbs. of boost at 60% efficiency you are going to add 60-70 degrees to the ambient temperature. This data comes doing develepment work on our dyno on Eaton SC on Jackson Racing Civic kit and Pontiac GTP. Sorry but this is a fact.
By the way 4 lbs. is hardly "heavy boost".

[QUOTE] HPS system is designed to discharged cool air to the intake with max boost and high airflow.[QUOTE]

Hugh? This sounds like a typical marketing statement. The air is not cool - you are now pushing 150F plus air into a manifold that is not designed to accept boost.

[QUOTE] HPS system requires no timing to the ignition timing system. We use a special developed fuel management system to allow maximum fuel efficiently horsepower and low emissions. [QUOTE].

My friend what are talking about? DO you even know what ignition advance is? How do you tune your cars? Drive them hard until they detonate to death and then back off?

[QUOTE]HPS have developed unique software to model and graph performance perimeters. Resulting in a graphic document. [QUOTE]

You do not model HP/TQ - you measure it. This is what dyno is for.
When you buy gasoline - there is a gallon meter on the pump, when you buy produce there is a scale at the checkout counter.
When a customer spend $10K he has every right to know what he is getting.

So how about FREE DYNO offer? Or should we dyno Timsters CLK55? He did offer.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:53 PM

CLK55, Mini S
ummmm...

1. Maybe you guys can start a "Tuner Shootout" section of the forum so the rest of us don't have to read this never ending sniping and whining.

You could cut and paste several pages of endless accusations and replies, on super chargers alone. And of course, pages and pages of technical info to back up your claims.

Yawn. Boring.

2. I am sure that you are both turning people away from your products by talking in circles until the TRUTH is the only real loser, lost in the confusion. I'm sure that that benefits someone, but after a while it is becoming less clear who that person is.

3. However, currently, I think HPS is being totally outclassed, backed into a corner and has yet to produce anything by rhetoric --- and the bit about the 19 year old --- are they referring to the Timster, their customer! ---talk about slitting your own throat by showing no respect for the purchaser.

Mach430 and crew WIN! Can we stop now, please.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
hmrdwn,

LOL, I totally agree with your one part about this being out of control. We (Simon and I) just got back from Europe and see this. I am not that happy with how out of control this has gotten!

No more from our side.

Thanks

Brad
Old 12-13-2002, 07:27 PM

You are right lets stop here, HPS is anyway the dead horse in this race.:o :o :o
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Having just purchased a NEW Kleemann eaton kit I hope I can reach my performance goals with it........ we'll see. Back in the day Kleemann was bagging on the eaton (see below), and NOW Kleemann sells the eaton. Funny how things work out.

Has anyone made 450-480RWHP with the Kleemann Eaton, we'll try it on my car.... but it I hit a wall or high IAT's and deto...... perhaps I'll be calling cory for a swap of my eaton unit for one of his lysolm's he's possibly got tucked away in the shop.

"I'm afraid not HPS- It's a proven fact that the lysholm twin screw kompressor is more efficient than the roots type eaton. By the way, the IHI unit is more expensive than a comparable eaton. Mercedes didn't "switch" to IHI- AMG has been producing thier kompressor engine's with IHI since they started making them. Companies like AMG, and KLEEMANN know that there is more to supercharging a Mercedes than just bolting up an eaton supercharger onto a bracket and attaching it to the engine. We're not dealing with Honda's here."

Last edited by betrezra; 01-21-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes AMG
You grave digger lmao
Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
:) ;)

I get hammered for posting questions without enough reserach....
I get hammered for posting questions with too OLD research...
Old 02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
He's got the very last new twin-screw kit known to exist sitting in his stockroom for $10K. I was thinking about buying it as a backup but changed my mind as my unit is running perfectly. You may never find another twin-screw kit for the V8 benzes for a while unless someone sells their used one.
The Eaton kit should make close to the same power but the heat difference of about 70-100F can be controlled with the cooling system included in their kits.

Originally Posted by betrezra
Having just purchased a NEW Kleemann eaton kit I hope I can reach my performance goals with it........ we'll see. Back in the day Kleemann was bagging on the eaton (see below), and NOW Kleemann sells the eaton. Funny how things work out.

Has anyone made 450-480RWHP with the Kleemann Eaton, we'll try it on my car.... but it I hit a wall or high IAT's and deto...... perhaps I'll be calling cory for a swap of my eaton unit for one of his lysolm's he's possibly got tucked away in the shop.

"I'm afraid not HPS- It's a proven fact that the lysholm twin screw kompressor is more efficient than the roots type eaton. By the way, the IHI unit is more expensive than a comparable eaton. Mercedes didn't "switch" to IHI- AMG has been producing thier kompressor engine's with IHI since they started making them. Companies like AMG, and KLEEMANN know that there is more to supercharging a Mercedes than just bolting up an eaton supercharger onto a bracket and attaching it to the engine. We're not dealing with Honda's here."