Scammed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 03:42 AM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Scammed...

BEWARE of who you buy from. Make sure they are established on MBWorld if you choose to buy from a private seller here. Talk to them on the phone if you are not picking up the items in person. Do what it takes to ensure you are buying a real product from a real seller.

Take a look at what just happened to two members in the W211 AMG forum. They got scammed for over 2k each. Please take some time to read what a difficult process it is to go through.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/244457-scam-alert-fs-oem-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-wheels-tires-package-must-sell-quickly.html
Old 05-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55
Originally Posted by Esh
BEWARE of who you buy from. Make sure they are established on MBWorld if you choose to buy from a private seller here. Talk to them on the phone if you are not picking up the items in person. Do what it takes to ensure you are buying a real product from a real seller.

Take a look at what just happened to two members in the W211 AMG forum. They got scammed for over 2k each. Please take some time to read what a difficult process it is to go through.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244457
that why I have to see it before I buy it. Unless I know the guy or know someone who delt with him before. COD baby!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
I saw that thread and almost replied, "Oh, oh, pick me! I want to buy from a guy with 3 posts".

Sorry, but buyer beware ... it's the internet for pete's sake!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Esh

E55
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
I saw that thread and almost replied, "Oh, oh, pick me! I want to buy from a guy with 3 posts".

Sorry, but buyer beware ... it's the internet for pete's sake!
You're right, buyer beware, but still these guys should at least get their cc money refunded.

At least they used documented means of payment.

And yes, "Sign me up, he has 9 posts now!!!"
Old 05-23-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2000 W210 E55// 2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
That's crazy....I hope they get that SOB
Old 05-23-2008, 07:30 PM

BMW
watch out for ppl who are even established on this forum. i bought a set of wheels from someone who alot of ppl knew on here and vouched for. turns out, the wheels are all slightly bent and jacked up. but what goes around comes around.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:12 AM
Esh

E55
The internet can be a scary place. I am always careful who I buy from. They need references and for over $200 I'm going to talk to them on the phone, have their address and phone number.

Originally Posted by 45acp
watch out for ppl who are even established on this forum. i bought a set of wheels from someone who alot of ppl knew on here and vouched for. turns out, the wheels are all slightly bent and jacked up. but what goes around comes around.

Looks like they are getting a lot closer in pursuit of this guy. Still have a ways to go but it's amazing what members of this forum have dug up thus far.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:11 PM

2001 E55K
Originally Posted by 45acp
Sorry to hear you got some bent wheels

In my experience, the MBWorld members I've dealt with were honest about the items for sale. (Kleemann S/C and winter wheels/tires)