Couple Pics of my new(to me) 2001 e55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008 | 03:45 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 E55 AMG w210
Couple Pics of my new(to me) 2001 e55

Hey guys,

Picked this up last week. Already added 35% (weak- but legal) tint and KW v2 coilovers. Have a bunch of mods in the mail including some new wheels, flat badge, rear window spoiler, Garson curtains, etc..

Im carrying over a bunch of sponsors from my shop project car to help out with this one. The direction for the car will be Japanese VIP or 'bippu' styling. Very low, and super aggressive wheels.

Thanks to the members who helped me out with some amazing info on offsets and wheel fitment on these cars from my last post.

Pics:

Thanks for looking guys!

alex @ brainchildcustoms.com
Old 07-01-2008 | 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
How do you like your coilovers? Car is sitting pretty aggressive.
Old 07-01-2008 | 10:11 AM
Out Of Control!

Congrats! Can you post some pics of the actual KW Coilover's on that car? I'd be interested to see what it looks like since the suspension setup on that car is very different.

Springs and shock are in totally different position.
Old 07-01-2008 | 11:54 AM

Used to drive E55
Originally Posted by JamE55
Congrats! Can you post some pics of the actual KW Coilover's on that car? I'd be interested to see what it looks like since the suspension setup on that car is very different.

Is it lower because of the KW Coilover's? Cause I have the H & R springs and does not look as low
Old 07-01-2008 | 12:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper

+1 on KW ;p

congrats on the car
Old 07-02-2008 | 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Nice, post the pics of the new rims. What rims did you order? I hope the front fits? Our cars are very difficult to fit up front. If the offset pushes the 245 width tires inward more than 4mm it may rub.
Old 07-02-2008 | 02:32 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 E55 AMG w210
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
How do you like your coilovers? Car is sitting pretty aggressive.
I love them, having driven dozens of cars with coilovers from various companies, id say that these are among the most comfortable Ive felt.

I was a little nervous about ruining the ride quality, but it really didn't affect it much (besides the better handling and lower stance). It is a bit too low now as it does rub slightly over harsh bumps.

Thanks! I'll try to get some pics for you guys, might have to wait until the next time the wheels are off

Originally Posted by Eurosport
+1 on KW ;p

congrats on the car
cheers!

Originally Posted by E55 KEV
Nice, post the pics of the new rims. What rims did you order? I hope the front fits? Our cars are very difficult to fit up front. If the offset pushes the 245 width tires inward more than 4mm it may rub.

Thanks, here's a pic of the rims I ordered.

AME Shallen LX. They stopped drilling the AMEs in mercedes bolt pattern, but they had one set of faces already drilled in japan! lucky me

I hope they fit too! I'm comitted to making it work one way or another, even if I have to pull the fenders and strecth tires

Last edited by StealthWRX; 07-02-2008 at 02:39 PM.