Sponsored by:

Need help about TCU info/upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Fabio D
You would know if the new EGS match the vin number of thr car via EPC, (electronic part catalog) the vin number not comes writed in the sticker, only have the part number & the dealer need to check if it match the car or not.

Let me know what happen tomorrow, but i'm sure the shaking is not caused by the EGS

let me know if you really appreciate any change with the blue top solenoids & please post the part number for this

Fabio Daniel
Ok, i see! Thats what they told me to today, that they searched by the EPC

They changed the solenoids today, and it was a difference. It's not for the one who whant comfort, it simple pushes in the gears, specially at low speeds. And this is without a TCU-tune. I guess that with a TCU-tune they will work 100%. There is no more slipping from my tranny now I'm really happy with this mod!!

The part number is --> A 240 270 00 89 Let me know if you have anymore questions about the Blue Tops!

// Magnus
Old 06-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by ABALONE
Ok, i see! Thats what they told me to today, that they searched by the EPC

They changed the solenoids today, and it was a difference. It's not for the one who whant comfort, it simple pushes in the gears, specially at low speeds. And this is without a TCU-tune. I guess that with a TCU-tune they will work 100%. There is no more slipping from my tranny now I'm really happy with this mod!!

The part number is --> A 240 270 00 89 Let me know if you have anymore questions about the Blue Tops!

// Magnus
What exactly does this mean? Does it mean the car shifts much more crisper or what? When you mash the gas from a standstill does it still shifts smoothly? Is this part a hardware or software? How about some more video's with the new fix?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 PM

2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JamE55
What exactly does this mean? Does it mean the car shifts much more crisper or what? When you mash the gas from a standstill does it still shifts smoothly? Is this part a hardware or software? How about some more video's with the new fix?
Hehe, videos Could be in a near future

Hmm, it means that it "pushes" in the gear like you've been hit from behind reeeally fast,haha! Actually shifting is not that much slower then in my friends Nissan GT-R at low speeds But much more rough! Kind of cool for a modded car IMHO

If you mash it from a standstill it will shift more distinct but still pretty smooth, but yet again much faster then with the Brown Top solenoids.

I think this mod is for highly tuned MB's, cant really see myself doinf it if my car was stock. But now i need it cause the tranny slipped with the "Brownies"

I'll drive the car more tomorrow, i'll do a better sum up then!

// Mag

EDIT: And yes, it's a hardware, have a look here --> https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...roblems-3.html
Old 06-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Out Of Control!

Nice!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
2001 E55 AMG, 2009 C63 AMG
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but there seems to be little information regarding upgrading EGS module on the w210.

I have a 2001 E55 with EGS51 TCM module and I'm getting some not so crisp shifting behavior since replacing my transmission and I'm investigating updating my solenoids to the blue top solenoids. From everything I've researched up until now, this is only possible with EGS52 module.

So my question to you Abalone is what EGS52 TCM module did they put in your car along with the blue top solenoids and which car did the code it to with STAR ??

I'm thinking since 05-06 CLK55 uses our exact transmission 722.636 with EGS52 module, that it would be the ideal EGS module to upgrade to for w210 E55.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:53 PM

WHITE E320 1999, GruppeM Intk, E55 TB, Evosport Pulleys, Longtube Cer. Coat Headers, Cat/res Delete
Sorry for bringing this back to life but im really curious if its really possible to change an egs1 module for an egs2 one...

Do you have the part numbers?

THANKS