Sponsored by:

fog light out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'08 E63 AMG
Talking

yeah, that's why I love this thread. I'm trolling now, and just found out there's an aux port in the glove box! Just checked it and it works!! I'm a sound engineer, so I get excited about things like that-lol!!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
funny u mention that , my previous owner was running a sirius in place of the ashtray , i think he had the power running from the lighter socket not sure , but if I plug my ipod aux port , and try to charge it also , i get the engine noise interference running through as I rev it gets louder .. see if you can charge and listen at same time ..
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 AM

'08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by MBFLO
funny u mention that , my previous owner was running a sirius in place of the ashtray , i think he had the power running from the lighter socket not sure , but if I plug my ipod aux port , and try to charge it also , i get the engine noise interference running through as I rev it gets louder .. see if you can charge and listen at same time ..
my wife drives an '07 Toyota Sienna, and even in her car, if you charge your player while listening, you'll get the engine noise. I'll listen for that tomorrow and let you know..
Old 07-12-2015, 11:58 AM

2003 E 320 Sedan
Can you post pics and HOW you did what you did to fix it? My Left Fog lamp is out and recently converted it to HID 6000k. I took out the bulb thinking it was just the bulb or ballast, but noticed water droplets once I disconnected the harnesses. Please help! I really want to fix this!

Kevin
Old 07-13-2015, 09:48 PM

'08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vai2kdna77
Can you post pics and HOW you did what you did to fix it? My Left Fog lamp is out and recently converted it to HID 6000k. I took out the bulb thinking it was just the bulb or ballast, but noticed water droplets once I disconnected the harnesses. Please help! I really want to fix this!

Kevin
Hey Kevin, if it's the connector, the pic I posted on page one of this thread is the part that needed to be replaced. It's been a while, but my local MB stealership sold the part for (I believe) about $16.00, if memory serves correctly. It's a simple matter of getting under the car, and splicing the wires to replace the corroded connector in the pic.

It would've been a whole lot easier if the car were on a lift. I had to use the jack to lift the car and remove the wheel. There's a convenient door that opens with a screwdriver that'll give you access to the wiring. I recently replaced my headlights and had to remove the bumper in the process, and I can tell you that removing the bumper is the easiest way to get to the fog lights, if you need to completely remove/replace them.

Hope this helps, if not, let me know and I'll see if I have more pics on the subject...I seem to remember taking more pics than what you see in this thread. Have you checked that connector?

Last edited by benzokirk; 07-13-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:07 AM

2003 E 320 Sedan
Yes, please post any pics or how to's for this. I am new to the MB arena and have typically owned Ford or Chevy cars. I do have a Land Rover which has tested my faith MULTIPLE times, so I know I can do this. Just want to be sure with things like electric before I cut and splice anything. Thank you for your help and consideration.

Kevin