W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

Conductor plate...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2018 | 10:34 PM

E55 C43 993C2S
Conductor plate...

If you have > 150 k miles it might be a good idea to change it. I had to be towed home after it went in stop and go traffic on the way home from work.

All the parts was just oner $200 from autohauz, and without a lift and taking breaks it took just over 3 hours.
Old 10-21-2018 | 08:05 AM

E55 C43 993C2S
Originally Posted by kowalski
did you have any oil leak creeping into the electronics under floor mat?

No, my plug was dry as can be and I had changed it maybe 80K miles ago. Change your plate if you have high mileage as it appears to be a maintenance item.
Old 10-25-2018 | 03:03 PM

E55 C43 993C2S
Conductor plate was replaced 8 - 9 years ago by my former mechanic buddy who later turned out to be a shady parts thief who has a business concept of stealing healthy parts from customer cars.
Pilot bushing has been replaced a few times with tranny oil changes
Since changing the clock/shifter display pixels are now all visible, tranny is as smooth as butter, and feels like a new car. Full power...
Old 11-01-2018 | 10:13 PM

E55 C43 993C2S
Do they still sell replacement displays at dealership?

I know that tiptronic cars had issues with fading displays, however I have not seen this on pre-tiptronic cars.
Luckily I have not yet faced any fading pixles on my display cluster and my car is the old style non-tipo.

Regarding ECC head unit, this a different story, displays do eventually go bad fading on all cars.
Vibrations causing display to lose connection between flat ribbon and display, bad outcome is fading digits.
Everyone with either a w202 - w208 - w210 will eventually face this problem
I had mine repaired in Germany maybe 3 years ago and it works like NEW since then.
Smart thing to do get HU repaired is during winter time if you store your car and don't drive her.
You can be without the HU during winter time when your car is in hibernation.

There are shops repairing head unit displays.
Buying a new head unit (A202 820 1485) from stealership is not an option coz it's still very pricey after some 20 years.

If you someday decide to get your HU repaired you have to use the stereo removal keys taking the HU out of the slot.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c...nit-stuck.html

Good luck
I long got rid of original HU. At first I replaced it with a MBZ upgraded one from the guy in New Zealand I think. Then after a couple weeks I upgraded to a modern radio with blue tooth etc....