Old 05-12-2020 | 01:03 PM

w210 E55
I need to dragy my car one evening. I bet I can run a high 12
Old 05-12-2020 | 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by eurochargedw210
I need to dragy my car one evening. I bet I can run a high 12
You should be able to do mid 12's if it is producing the power you say. It's been done before on a non SC non NOS 210 E55.
Old 05-12-2020 | 06:47 PM

2002 E55, 2003 ML500
Pretty respectable numbers considering the age, mileage, and relatively low cost for one of these cars. I think I'll go drive mine in a few
Old 05-12-2020 | 10:30 PM

W210 e55 amg
Originally Posted by v8sonly
Pretty respectable numbers considering the age, mileage, and relatively low cost for one of these cars. I think I'll go drive mine in a few
I was actually really suprised for the way these things go even stock, not To mention with these mods! It now goes the Same with cars that are faster on numbers or just much more expensive. For example it actually competes with the stock w211 amg pretty closely. The w211 is much heavier thou. Beacause of that the difference around the Same track with these stock cars were only 0,2s In some comparison. Don't know if the driver was the Same or anything.

And when held right, the luxury still feels New. This car makes me feel i want To put money on it, so that it stays a good boy😄
Old 05-17-2020 | 10:24 PM

W210 e55 amg

​​​​​
Got the stainless Steel exhaust ready with X-pipe. The stock rear muffler was too quiet after the New pipe, so i replaced it with two 40cm straight through mufflers.

There is a noticable droan In 1500-2000 when on load, but not when Light load or highway speeds. Besides, i freaking love the sound it now makes! The drivers window is open In the inside video.

Whar do you think about the sound? Would you like it more quiet or raspier? Or witch setup makes good sound for you?

Also i changed the transmission oil and filter yesterday. Much smoother now. Not that it had trouble before, but noticsble difference.

Also the rear left window lifter failed, so going To change that this week. Any tips or pointers on that Job ahead? There are rivets on that, but if there is anything To take In concideration, let me know.

Finally the car is getting paint polishing on wednesday.

Last edited by Erno Alanko; 05-17-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-17-2020 | 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 matic
Your exhaust sounds good to me, mine is a little bit more quiet from the inside of the car and almost sounds stock except at start up and when I get on the throttle.

I am running kleemann headers, x-pipe and the stock resonator and muffler. I am thinking about getting the resonator removed and replaced with straight pipes.
Old 05-19-2020 | 03:04 PM

2002 E55, 2003 ML500
OP, car sounds great! I'm running a comparable setup, I agree that the factory muffler is WAY too quiet, so I cut it open on the top side, pulled out half the fiberglass and welded it back closed. It made all the difference in the world as far as sound at the tail pipe, but without adding ANY drone inside the cab. I've got 2 toddlers, and it's our primary family car, so any drone was completely unacceptable. You're probably getting drone because the mufflers are too small to absorb the sound pressure waves effectively. The factory muffler is pretty large, about the largest you can fit in that location, so it can absorb the pressure waves effectively; it's also a straight through design, so there is minimal loss in flow regardless of how much fiberglass packing is around the tubes. What I've found with 'straight through' mufflers is that you need to go pretty big on the 'case' size if you want there not to be any drone. The PO who had my car before me, had a generic 4x9 Magnaflow muffler put in, and it sounded OK, but was DRONE CITY on the road, so I gave it to my friend who said his stock E55 was too quiet . Unlike chambered mufflers, the packing around the core is the only thing there to absorb pressure waves from the sound in a straight through, and a smaller case exacerbates the issue in my experience.

illest, ditch the factory resonator if you've done all that work...you won't regret it! It's a decent weight savings if nothing else.
Old 05-21-2020 | 01:10 PM

w210 E55
Originally Posted by illest
Your exhaust sounds good to me, mine is a little bit more quiet from the inside of the car and almost sounds stock except at start up and when I get on the throttle.

I am running kleemann headers, x-pipe and the stock resonator and muffler. I am thinking about getting the resonator removed and replaced with straight pipes.
supersprint sales a nice delete. I’ve also seen on eBay someone is selling deletes for a good price. I have Kleeman, x pipe, no res and stock muffler. Everyone says it sounds good. I just wish it was louder at idle. Going to reduce my whole system once I get custom headers made.
Old 07-20-2020 | 06:59 PM

W210 e55 amg
Some pics from vacation

The following users liked this post:
illest (07-21-2020)