W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complaint about the car, maybe i'll sell it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Complaint about the car, maybe i'll sell it!

My complaint is: THAT BEEPING NOISE WHEN YOU DONT HAVE YOUR SEATBELT DRIVING ME CRAZY

How to disconect the thing? Its not that i drive without the seatbelt but i dont like to put it on instantly....

And i would never sell the car Maybe if they will come up with E65 lol
Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
My complaint is: THAT BEEPING NOISE WHEN YOU DONT HAVE YOUR SEATBELT DRIVING ME CRAZY

How to disconect the thing? Its not that i drive without the seatbelt but i dont like to put it on instantly....

And i would never sell the car Maybe if they will come up with E65 lol
I asked my dealer to change the setting. I have previously posted what I gave to the tech at the dealer to do this. THey just made me sign the work order acknowledging I requested this.

Keep in mind however, the place I originally brought my car denied the ability to do it, or didn't want anything to do with it. It may take going to a couple of dealers to see who is willing, but they can turn it off.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:08 AM

2005 Kleemann Stage 3 E55
There is a recall/problem for some 2005 E55's that has to do with the SRS idiot light for the passenger seat. Will know and share more this Friday.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:34 AM

E55
Not to sound like your Mom but most accidents happen close to home at low speeds. It's always a good idea to buckle up before you start moving. And if you don't think it will happen to you come visit my ER and see what happens for yourself.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by corgiman
Not to sound like your Mom but most accidents happen close to home at low speeds. It's always a good idea to buckle up before you start moving. And if you don't think it will happen to you come visit my ER and see what happens for yourself.

That's true, but it's also the same pathetic arguement the helmet law people hang their hats on. I'm not saying helmets or seatbelts are a bad idea, but it's obvious why most "accidents" happen close to home. Where do you do most of your driving? DUH!
Old 03-09-2005, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Well I wear a seatbelt everytime, but somtimes when i roll slowly out of my garage its very annoying...
Old 03-09-2005, 06:53 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Originally Posted by Fast55
That's true, but it's also the same pathetic arguement the helmet law people hang their hats on. I'm not saying helmets or seatbelts are a bad idea, but it's obvious why most "accidents" happen close to home. Where do you do most of your driving? DUH!
strange. my beeping only starts once i hit about 9 mph.

as for pathetic arguments... i vote for putting it on as soon as possible. reaching for the gate command, putting the right cd in, grabbing that extra krispy kreme, getting your sunglasses, etc, etc usually happens as you drive off away from your house. or its very easy to just undo the seat belt as you turn the corner onto your street when coming back home.

anyway, i earned extra beer money in college working as an EMT. saw too many awful accidents "close to home" (as in a mile from someone's home) because they were careless.

now, the really annoying thing is if you have any package over 10 lbs that you rest on the front passenger seat... it triggers the beeping for the passenger.

but hardly a reason to sell the car.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
strange. my beeping only starts once i hit about 9 mph.

as for pathetic arguments... i vote for putting it on as soon as possible. reaching for the gate command, putting the right cd in, grabbing that extra krispy kreme, getting your sunglasses, etc, etc usually happens as you drive off away from your house. or its very easy to just undo the seat belt as you turn the corner onto your street when coming back home.

anyway, i earned extra beer money in college working as an EMT. saw too many awful accidents "close to home" (as in a mile from someone's home) because they were careless.

now, the really annoying thing is if you have any package over 10 lbs that you rest on the front passenger seat... it triggers the beeping for the passenger.

but hardly a reason to sell the car.
I was joking about selling it! I would never do such a crime lol, i'm loving it, i even think somtimes to buy it out at the end of a lease!!!

OH and no Krepsy kream in my car!!!