MBenzNL Lowering "Module" Done - Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
MBenzNL Lowering "Module" Done - Pics

Last saturday I had Steve from MBenzNL perform his lowering technique on my '03 E55 via STAR Diagnose. It basically involves lowering the voltage settings to each of the corners evenly and still keep them within the factory specification range. It will vary from car to car how much he can do but I was able to get a full inch through this method and the car's suspension settings are still within original factory specs, meaning NO possible service issues. It looks great and I can still raise the car 3/4" of an inch via the raise suspension button. The car does feel a bit more planted now in turns as the center of gravity has come down a good amount but the ride comfort is still there. For what he charged you absolutely cannot go wrong, there is no putting in links and risk service issues, and there's no module that cuts into the factory wiring (which basically does the same thing as what Steve does, just using a piggy back computer to do it). This is by far the best way to lower your car, you get a good amount of drop, it's inexpensive, it's completely reversible, and best of all the car is still within factory specs. A no brainer.

Here are a few pics. I hope you enjoy. Steve is a great guy and did a wonderful job on my car (he also installed an '05 US COMAND in my car). Thanks Steve.

-m
Attached Thumbnails MBenzNL Lowering "Module" Done - Pics-118_1831.jpg   MBenzNL Lowering "Module" Done - Pics-118_1833.jpg  
Old 03-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Looks great Marcus!

I've been trying to get a dealer to do this for me for quite some time but it is difficult to find one willing to do it.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Looks great, is this the lowest you can go with out hurting the warranty? What is the cost of your new mod?
Keep up the good work.
Mario
Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
wow nice, i wanna do it, Vrus you know someone who can do it through a computer In T.O? this is looks awesome!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Looks awesome Marcus! I want that for my CLS55.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
looks great! what was the total cost of the COMMAND converstion including the unit itself? thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 08:39 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
(he also installed an '05 US COMAND in my car).

-m
Kinda lucky how you landed that COMAND if you ask me.
How many mp3's did you get on that DVD anyway?
Old 03-25-2005, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by E55Cent
Looks great, is this the lowest you can go with out hurting the warranty? What is the cost of your new mod?
Keep up the good work.
Mario
The factory has tolerances for voltage values for each corner's Airmatic sensor values. The less voltage, the lower the car goes. Therefore, you lower each corner evenly until one gets to be at the lower limit of the factory specifications. Steve was very meticulous, measuring twice and lowering once (any fabricator/carpenter will tell you, measure twice cut once).

The car probably needs a slight alignment adjustment, but I think they'll do it under warranty since the car is still within factory specs

Cost is extremely reasonable, not the $10 for those links, but nowhere near what the lowering modules cost either. I can't give you a real cost because I got a package deal plus we had to split up having Steve stay in Chicago, so it's best to just email him directly... it is NOT expensive, trust me.

-m
Old 03-25-2005, 10:08 AM
JTS
Almost a Member!

2003 E55 W211
Vrus, BoBCanada, I am having mine done in the next couple of weeks from a friend thru my service guy at midtown (Eglinton and Laird). I will post pics and let you guys know how it went. He will come to my home and do it. The dealers in TO will not do this procedure....
Old 03-25-2005, 11:13 AM

488 GTB
Marcus, it looks great what is the cost?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:50 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Marcus, disregard my PM. Keep us posted when you get your car re-aligned at the dealer. I'm getting mine done next week.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Marcus can you pm me with details...like pricing and where to go for install and such??? TIA
Old 03-25-2005, 02:06 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Looks really nice, congrats I would like to do this too! I'll check with my SA at the dealer first, he is VERY cool.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Guys,

For info on pricing and what not, check with Steve @ http://www.mbenznl.com

-m
Old 03-25-2005, 05:37 PM

04 E55
Is it possible to get specific instructions? or will the service department know how to do it assuming I found a dealer to do it for me.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:24 PM

MBenz
RE: Marcus Frost

I like to lower mine too.

1. after lowered, do you feel much difference is ride comfort?

2. after lowered, how does the car react when it runs over 60mph+, you know that the car lower itself when it goes 60mph+ or something?

please post your comment. i like to make my car lower WHILE STILL KEEPING GOOD COMFORT RIDE. if you / anyone here can also advise how much should i lower my car, that'll be great!!!.

hopefully, i can book appoinment sometime around next week to get my car lowered.

Last edited by lpolo; 03-25-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Hi Marcus,

I see that the car looks a lot cleaner on the pictures then in real life - did you wash it? It took a while before I had some feeling back in my righthand...way too cold there in chicago...

eric - you're next?

Next time you all come and hang out at erwin's place - I will make sure I have finished my work and be relaxed...

greetingz,
Old 03-26-2005, 12:50 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
Hi Marcus,

I see that the car looks a lot cleaner on the pictures then in real life - did you wash it? It took a while before I had some feeling back in my righthand...way too cold there in chicago...

eric - you're next?

Next time you all come and hang out at erwin's place - I will make sure I have finished my work and be relaxed...

greetingz,
I doubt Marcus washed his car. :p
Steve, you do the best work I have ever seen. Glad to have finally met you. Yes, I am next for the lowering, not sure if that low though.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
lpolo,

1. The ride does change because of the lower center of gravity. It does not STIFFEN the suspension, merely change some of it's dynamics and how long it takes for the variations in the road to get to you and how much time/space the car has to absorb it. If I stick it back in raised suspension mode I notice nothing at all, at normal ride height the car's handling has definitely improved.

2. I've already had the car up to 100mph. The car's "planted" feel at high speeds has improved and it feels a bit more stable now. It felt very stable before but again, with the lower center of gravity the car hugs the road better and you can feel it.

Steve,

You're a funny guy, giving me flak for not having a clean car! It's been raining every other day here in Chicago and the E55 is my everyday car! I'm extremely picky about who washes it and only will take it to a car wash place if it's in dire need, otherwise I wait to do it myself. Unfortunately in the cold months I can't do it as often because of the temps, but I think it's worth it.

Regards,

-m
Old 03-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Steve,

You're a funny guy, giving me flak for not having a clean car! It's been raining every other day here in Chicago and the E55 is my everyday car!
...yeah - sorry...I really don't like dirty cars...I can't stand those

greetingz,
Old 03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Marcus i cant find the damn price... Can you direct me? or tell my what is the price for the module?