W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

New CA laws/fines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005 | 02:20 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
New CA laws/fines

Heard that the following now is in place:
  1. No front license plate = $100 (can they pull you over for only this though?). It used to be a $15 fixit ticket.
  2. Seat belt fine is now $90 (you're just dumb if you don't wear it, but the price just went up).
  3. If your windshield wipers are active, your lights need to be turned on (would be nice if MB just upgraded the car software to do this automatically for us).

Anything else we need to be aware of? I know this is not an E55 specific post, but I consider this crowd to be a knowledgeable one who probably has the answers at your fingertips already.
Old 03-30-2005 | 02:26 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
[QUOTE=gmdebruyn]Heard that the following now is in place:
[list=1][*]No front license plate = $100 (can they pull you over for only this though?). It used to be a $15 fixit ticket.
QUOTE]
Dam it, now I have to drill holes in the front bumper?
Old 03-30-2005 | 04:07 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
I was pulled over for tinted windows and front plate. The Highway Patrol officer told me that after 3 front palte tickets it will turn into a misadmeanor and they will take you to jail and finger print. I don't think this is true but not sure.
Old 03-30-2005 | 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by E55Cent
I was pulled over for tinted windows and front plate. The Highway Patrol officer told me that after 3 front palte tickets it will turn into a misadmeanor and they will take you to jail and finger print. I don't think this is true but not sure.
hes full of bs. just trying to freak you out. in reality hes just bitter. they never like MB drivers. if you get pulled over in a MB you are getting some sort of ticket.
Old 03-30-2005 | 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
[QUOTE=sillyent]
Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
[list=1][*]No front license plate = $100 (can they pull you over for only this though?). It used to be a $15 fixit ticket.
QUOTE]

im not drilling ANYTHING in my bumpers

they could pull you over for the no front plate but i sure hope they have better things to do.
Old 03-30-2005 | 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Must be a conspiracy for you Californians.
Old 03-30-2005 | 06:23 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
hes full of bs. just trying to freak you out. in reality hes just bitter. they never like MB drivers. if you get pulled over in a MB you are getting some sort of ticket.
Well... I got off w/ a warning and nice car compliment from the CHP going 95MPH on the 405S in Costa Mesa a early Saturday morning in January... I simply told the officer sometimes it's hard to tell how fast you're going in this thing (SL55)...

~ Ian
Old 03-31-2005 | 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
There is no law in the world that would make me drill holes in my front bumper! Use double sided tape to hold it on temporarily and hot glue two cut down screws into the bracket holes to simulate the screwed on look, lol, always worked for me and never hurt/touched the car! After each inspection, off it goes! I will pay the fine as many times as I have to but I refuse to drill the bumper or have a permanent plate. F*ck 'em.
Old 03-31-2005 | 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
No this is not true....I just got one last month....

[QUOTE=sillyent]
Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
QUOTE]
They can pull you over for anything.......Trust me.....
It's still a fix-it ticket $10 bucks, now the tint on the other hand...My front driver & passenger doors are both tinted medium, The piggy that gave me the tickets tried to say that the front window tint violation was just a straight fine now, (I was a bit biligerent with him) so I payed it $135 bucks only to find out later that it is up to the arressting oinkers discression (It's still a fixable violation as well) if he wants to be a ***** he can just write tint, or any other violation as a non-fixable fine, so as my 1 Police friend told me "It allways pays to be respectfull to there faces, just be nice and courteous, then when they leave you can say whatever you want" I know, I know, I hate it but that's the only way to deal w/them if you want to minimize problems w/the fuzz...