Me and Suby STI!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Me and Suby STI!

Holy **** it can launch! I had no chance at all we had about 4 launches and not in one i could get my nose first... i only started to gain when the car shifts second then i get more traction and start gaining and pass the sti... videos will follow, also had high speed race well sti ofcourse stands no chance! It was me sti and g35 passed them all around 200km/h ( started late lol) like they were going 40 Video will follow

drove sti here's small review:
Sti handling is outstanding i loved it very precise , gearbox is nice although you have to shift alot and the gates are pretty close its easy to misshift! I didnt drive the manual for 3-4 years so i took it easy! Clutch was stiff reminded me of a porsche clutch but it was aftermarket one, brakes are also very nice didtn push them alot tho... car pulls very nice, you can feel that the car is very firm on the road it has lots of grip. suspension is hard but i still loved it, for a guy like me 6'3 230 lbs that car is kinda small But i liked it anyway!
Old 04-17-2005, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
They run rampant around here. Every model and style. Yeah, they launch like a mother don't they? Heres hoping someday for a 4 matic E55

"Rice---a Roni....the San Fran..cisco treat"
Old 04-17-2005, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Well it has also a manual gearbox so you can launch it in higher rpm range too. Its very practical car! All year around!
Old 04-17-2005, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
videos...

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=M...E55-amg-Launch

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=E55-amg-burnoutsti
Old 04-17-2005, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
Holy **** it can launch! I had no chance at all we had about 4 launches and not in one i could get my nose first... i only started to gain when the car shifts second then i get more traction and start gaining and pass the sti... videos will follow, also had high speed race well sti ofcourse stands no chance! It was me sti and g35 passed them all around 200km/h ( started late lol) like they were going 40 Video will follow

drove sti here's small review:
Sti handling is outstanding i loved it very precise , gearbox is nice although you have to shift alot and the gates are pretty close its easy to misshift! I didnt drive the manual for 3-4 years so i took it easy! Clutch was stiff reminded me of a porsche clutch but it was aftermarket one, brakes are also very nice didtn push them alot tho... car pulls very nice, you can feel that the car is very firm on the road it has lots of grip. suspension is hard but i still loved it, for a guy like me 6'3 230 lbs that car is kinda small But i liked it anyway!
if you think a porsche clutch is stiff then dont drive a mustang. Also you should go test drive an evo if you think the STI can handle. Those evos handle like they are on rails. They are becoming the new mustang vs camaro performance war now. You can pick both cars up for pretty cheap to.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
No evos in Canada
Old 04-18-2005, 01:52 AM

BoBcanada,

I had a little fun with an STI the other week. After I pulled up to the light, he saw what was next to him. He inches up further ahead to get my attention and then begins to race his engine. Before the light turns green, my front bumper is to his rear bumper. Also, a car makes a right turn onto my lane so I know that this is going to be a very short run. Once the light turns green, he takes off and then you can really hear his engine roar. Once I hear his engine noise, I punch it around 20-25mph. By the time my E55 shifts to second, I am about 3 feet ahead of him. Then I hit the brakes hard because of the car in front. He waits up for my and tells me to roll down my window. He then invites me to the drag races in Fontana on Saturday night. Cool guy, but the STI was no match for the E55... and he knew it.

amgB
Old 04-18-2005, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
My friends sti is such a nice all around car for the money.He is running his with cam gears and higher boost I think 24 psi.That thing will pretty much eat any car to about 70.

Bob if you think that was fast you need to drive a modded STI.Im tempted right now after being in my friends car to just drop down the 25k and get one.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:14 PM

2008 AMG E63
I got a STI, and I lurk this board. At the time I was going to take my 30K and make a nice dent into a E55, but I don't think ima ready yet for one. I used to have a Acura MDX and people jocked on me for it. So I guess i'll wait till ima 25 or so till I get my E55. Nasty car thou. Here some pics of my STI
Me and Suby STI!-dsc00383.jpg
Me and Suby STI!-dsc00385.jpg
Me and Suby STI!-newmeetsold.jpg
Old 04-26-2005, 01:16 AM

You're going to wait until you're 25 to get an E55? wow you must be loaded.