Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm about to get banned...

from the M5 board.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...292#post537292
Old 04-18-2005, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Looks like he chilled out. M5 sounds like an awesome machine. However, for my needs, the E55 will top it thanks to the plushness. When my spot comes up for the M5, I will probably just let my brother buy it.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i at least got in 55 posts before asking, "who has come out of an e55 to an m5" that got be banned. SEE WHAT I MEAN!!! a total classless jerk*** with an m5 shoved squarely up his ***!!! (self deletion) can i say this again, ITS TOOLS LIKE THIS WHO GIVE BMR OWNERS A BAD NAME. i LOVE the fact we are able to discuss and disagree here, its real life and its why this board is the best out there. derek, doesnt it just **** you off!!! it did me.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Freakin Lobbyist...WOW incredible case put together and makes you wonder if there is a "cultural" gap or some language barrier that made your post's seem offensive to a "EURO". Funny YOU LOVE the M5 and you are gonna get booted, makes zero sense and diminishes the believability of anything posted by the Gustapo, oops Gutavo(sp) . Will the new M5 have the IDRIVE? If it does its gonna cause alot of accidents, that is the worst thing BMW ever did. IMHO
Old 04-18-2005, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by medici78
Looks like he chilled out. M5 sounds like an awesome machine. However, for my needs, the E55 will top it thanks to the plushness. When my spot comes up for the M5, I will probably just let my brother buy it.
True, he did. I will definitely get my M5 if it still comes up in October. That soon, I should be able to drive it for a month or two and then sell it without losing much on it.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Banned

derek, how freaking board are we posting this much today?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 PM

You guys are really a pathetic bunch of.... :v

Gosh save this board!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Adolf
You guys are really a pathetic bunch of.... :v

Gosh save this board!
Nice name.

Well, Gustav banned me. Some guys were trashing mbworld:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...&postcount=149
So I responded.

He then deleted every post I tried and BANNED me. We are by no means perfect over here, but THANK GOD we don't censor everyone who disagrees with us. Heck, I'm not really sure where I REALLY disagreed with him.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Nice name.

So I responded.

He then deleted every post I tried and BANNED me. We are by no means perfect over here, but THANK GOD we don't censor everyone who disagrees with us. Heck, I'm not really sure where I REALLY disagreed with him.
Brother, you didn't do anything to get banned. This board seems a whole lot more tolerant than the M5 board. You seemed to deal with facts and were fair...Christ, you have one on order so you aren't hating on the M5.

Banning you makes them seem childish...they would suck at dodgeball !
Old 04-19-2005, 09:34 AM

You threathened to insult members which is against the rules. Anyway, you seem to be more happy over here and frankly the people over at m5board.com seems to be more happy to have you here as well.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Gustav
You threathened to insult members which is against the rules. Anyway, you seem to be more happy over here and frankly the people over at m5board.com seems to be more happy to have you here as well.
At least here you have freedom of speech...Derek...you can threaten to insult me all you want...I won't break or cry on my keyboard.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gustav, where did I "threaten to insult members?" I addressed posts that said we were "crying like dogs" and were "pathetic." You then deleted my post but not the offending ones. Again, where did I "threaten to insult members?" Since our only means of communication are via the written word, I'm sure your proof of this accusation will be forthcoming. Additionally, feel free to say whatevery you'd like- we don't ban here for disagreements. Heck, there isn't much for which we do ban folks. Welcome.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600

The Gestapo has spoken! If you disagree with someone in person, the delete key doesn't work as well. If it's easier for you to win arguments via your magic wand, so be it. I just think it's pretty pathetic.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
I just read the whole thing... And let me Tell you something Gustav.. He mentioned that he is also a potential M5 Buyer in near future and he just wanted to confirm all the data you collected about M5. What's wrong with 1/4mile time comparison? It's widely used to compare car's acceleration all over the world. M5 is a very good car and everyone knows that, so as E55. I just think that you over reacted on this one, and you seem to not have the ideas about how a moderator should think/behave. Be more open-minded, man..

Frankly,
Who's faster? Professional driver is needed for a fair comparison? I or you are in the car in the real world. So THE REAL WORLD COMPARO would be you and someone else running cars on the same road. REMEBER THAT. And if you drive a high performance car but aren't able to use the full potential of the car(even though you are not a professional) when it is necessary, You are not the right driver for the car(as a driver's point of view).

I believe you will always be welcomed in this community and still be able to express what you think about MBs ro BMW comparos. I wish M5 board to have more tolerance in different opinions. Debates are better than shoving unconfirmed facts into other faces.

Last edited by JLee81; 04-19-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:57 AM

Just let it rest and move on - it is a public board and its not going to go anywhere except in the world of hate.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thearle
Just let it rest and move on - it is a public board and its not going to go anywhere except in the world of hate.
I think we have...except in Gustav's world, Derek is stuck in banned limbo. I didn't sense any hate at all...a little sarcasm maybe (from me), but most of the discussion was forthright and based on honest opinion.

I can tell you that if our moderators used Gustav's moderating style, we would have 1/2 the number of forum members and a little less laughter. There are times to ban people, this wasn't one of them.

Banning someone who is perceived to "be threatening to insult someone" (not actually doing it yet) is more in keeping to a world of hate than allowing a free flow of opinion. Nuff said on this topic.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:31 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
this is way too funny
Old 04-19-2005, 11:54 AM

2015 C63 AMG 507
"Threatening to insult someone" When did the BMW board get precogs? Sounds like a Tom Cruise movie somewhat. I dont think it was fair to ban Derek, I read just about everything there was yesterday from him and nowhere was he offensive, anywho, glad to be in my E, and on this board.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks folks. i'm just having a hard time dealing with internet rejection. Such drama. I'm still waiting to see where I threatened folks. Where's the love?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:58 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by JLee81
I just read the whole thing... And let me Tell you something Gustav.. He mentioned that he is also a potential M5 Buyer in near future and he just wanted to confirm all the data you collected about M5. What's wrong with 1/4mile time comparison? It's widely used to compare car's acceleration all over the world. M5 is a very good car and everyone knows that, so as E55. I just think that you over reacted on this one, and you seem to not have the ideas about how a moderator should think/behave. Be more open-minded, man..

Frankly,
Who's faster? Professional driver is needed for a fair comparison? I or you are in the car in the real world. So THE REAL WORLD COMPARO would be you and someone else running cars on the same road. REMEBER THAT. And if you drive a high performance car but aren't able to use the full potential of the car(even though you are not a professional) when it is necessary, You are not the right driver for the car(as a driver's point of view).

I believe you will always be welcomed in this community and still be able to express what you think about MBs ro BMW comparos. I wish M5 board to have more tolerance in different opinions. Debates are better than shoving unconfirmed facts into other faces.
Dude, you're talking to a guy that was relentless on the RS6 form sticking up for the M5 when the RS6 came out on top with excuses like "the road was wet so AWD had advantage"...not said exactly like that but somewhat similar. Now that the "almighty" V10 M5 is out or coming out (we have no clue since we've been watching all these fantasy comparos for over a year now and I have not seen 1 M5 yet on the road or the dealer, heck the dealers don't even know when they're getting them.

Frankly, I'm actually gonna get the 1st or 2nd M5 at one of my local dealers. I can't say which yet since I'm being given HUGE favor by the owner...

I drove the 545i last week, the handling was pretty precise but power was weak since I'm so used to the 55K with ECU and pulley. But again, the interior was something else for me. I assume the M5 will handle as good if not better than the 545 which is a huge plus for me. The power I assume will be the same if not stronger than a stock 55K car.

To make a long story short, it's a never ending cycle. The E39 toppled the W210, the W211 toppled the E39, the E60 will probably topple the W211, then E63 or whatever they will make ( I'm praying for Twin Turbo V8) ...so it goes on and on. Quite frankly, I don't really care what Gustav has to say since he is IMO, **Disclaimer** In My Opinion is a BMW "biggot" per say. I personally love cars in general...went from BMW to Audi to MB...not a "loyalist" in any regards, I buy what I like period.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Dude, you're talking to a guy that was relentless on the RS6 form sticking up for the M5 when the RS6 came out on top with excuses like "the road was wet so AWD had advantage"...not said exactly like that but somewhat similar. Now that the "almighty" V10 M5 is out or coming out (we have no clue since we've been watching all these fantasy comparos for over a year now and I have not seen 1 M5 yet on the road or the dealer, heck the dealers don't even know when they're getting them.

Frankly, I'm actually gonna get the 1st or 2nd M5 at one of my local dealers. I can't say which yet since I'm being given HUGE favor by the owner...

I drove the 545i last week, the handling was pretty precise but power was weak since I'm so used to the 55K with ECU and pulley. But again, the interior was something else for me. I assume the M5 will handle as good if not better than the 545 which is a huge plus for me. The power I assume will be the same if not stronger than a stock 55K car.

To make a long story short, it's a never ending cycle. The E39 toppled the W210, the W211 toppled the E39, the E60 will probably topple the W211, then E63 or whatever they will make ( I'm praying for Twin Turbo V8) ...so it goes on and on. Quite frankly, I don't really care what Gustav has to say since he is IMO, **Disclaimer** In My Opinion is a BMW "biggot" per say. I personally love cars in general...went from BMW to Audi to MB...not a "loyalist" in any regards, I buy what I like period.
I have to agree with you here. Coming from the M5 Board, I was astonished to see intensity of the reaction from some E55 owners when news came out that the new M5 was significantly faster. OK, yes, it's true, the E55 was the king, now it's the M5. Why is this such a bad thing?

As a number of people have pointed out, this kind of competition only benefits us, the car enthusiasts. More specifically, expensive German sedan enthusiasts. I've driven VW/Audi's for 25 years, and just switched to BMW last year. I'm first on my dealer's list for the new M5, and I can't wait.

Could the car be better? Sure, the interior, and the trim choices are kind of weird. The styling is uhhhh... interesting. But so help me, one thing is for sure, this is a driver's car like no other before it. That is why I'm buying the car, and I suspect that is why most people are buying it. Is it as luxurious or attractive as a Mercedes? Probably not. Is the interior as well done? No. Does it have the kind of 'effortless power' that the E55 and CLS55 have? Probably not. Is it the most technically advanced motor vehicle on the planet? Probably yes.

The fact that the E55 has been overtaken by another German sedan should be good news for everybody here. It virtually guarantees that Mercedes will develop a much better, faster car in the near future.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We all love ours cars, sometimes a bit too much. Both sides are probably a bit overexcited. I don't mind the names that M5 folks called us, that just the way things go. What is surprising is the reaction of your moderator and the lack of one from your members. "I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight to the death to protect your right to say it."

That may be a bit dramatic for an internet car forum, but this board would never allow a mod to do the things that you allow of Gustav.

Irregardless, I anxiously await the delivery of my M5.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by wolverine
I have to agree with you here. Coming from the M5 Board, I was astonished to see intensity of the reaction from some E55 owners when news came out that the new M5 was significantly faster. OK, yes, it's true, the E55 was the king, now it's the M5. Why is this such a bad thing?

As a number of people have pointed out, this kind of competition only benefits us, the car enthusiasts. More specifically, expensive German sedan enthusiasts. I've driven VW/Audi's for 25 years, and just switched to BMW last year. I'm first on my dealer's list for the new M5, and I can't wait.

Could the car be better? Sure, the interior, and the trim choices are kind of weird. The styling is uhhhh... interesting. But so help me, one thing is for sure, this is a driver's car like no other before it. That is why I'm buying the car, and I suspect that is why most people are buying it. Is it as luxurious or attractive as a Mercedes? Probably not. Is the interior as well done? No. Does it have the kind of 'effortless power' that the E55 and CLS55 have? Probably not. Is it the most technically advanced motor vehicle on the planet? Probably yes.

The fact that the E55 has been overtaken by another German sedan should be good news for everybody here. It virtually guarantees that Mercedes will develop a much better, faster car in the near future.

Good points. Welcome, Wolverine.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Banning someone who is perceived to "be threatening to insult someone" (not actually doing it yet) is more in keeping to a world of hate than allowing a free flow of opinion. Nuff said on this topic.

Gastuv, have you ever read the book Brave New World, its a satire and successfully satires you!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Nice name.

So I responded.

See my reply over there:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...703#post538703

Thanks,
Brad

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.