Sponsored by:

Pulley & Headers: 473 Rear Wheel HP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulley & Headers: 473 Rear Wheel HP

I started with a stock baseline of 417 rw hp. Added a pulley and belt upgrade and got 447 rw hp. Added Kleemann headers with deleted secondary cats and went up to 473 rw hp.

Thanks again to the guys at Hennessey Performance and Kleemann for some outstanding products, service and overall performance results. I could not be more pleased with these mods.

Still have not had a chance to get to the track. But if guys with 420 rw hp are running 116 mph then I think I will run over 120 mph with my additional 66 rw hp. Hoepfully we will see soon.

Last edited by BoostedV8; 05-02-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Here is the stock vs modified before and after dyno sheet. Sorry I dont have the torque numbers yet. If other stock E55's are making over 470 rear wheel torque than I will guess that I am somewhere in the 540+ range.
Attached Thumbnails Pulley & Headers:  473 Rear Wheel HP-473-rw-hp-800.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Have you done any ECU tuning? Also, I'm surprised you didn't get torque numbers, as you NEED to know the torque in order to calculate horsepower.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by medici78
Have you done any ECU tuning? Also, I'm surprised you didn't get torque numbers, as you NEED to know the torque in order to calculate horsepower.
100% stock ECU. The Dynojet chassis dyno actually measures HP and takes the rpm info to give torque readings. Just the opposite of what most engine dyno's do.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:30 PM

'08 CLS63
great numbers! anytime you want to meet at the track, pm me!!

john
Old 05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
You definately need to get ECU to complement those mods...You car needs that, it will do even better with ECU...As I have told by Kleemanns before with Headers the pressure in the exhausts goes down and so the boost from 0.9 to 0.7, so you need Kleemann or others ECU to bring the boost back
Old 05-02-2005, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Man, you gotta at least get the speedtuningusa.com ecu mod.....for 350$, you'd be pushing near 500 rear wheel.

One thing that I am curious about.....guys at Kleemann told me it wasn't the best to be running boosted blower without ECU mod (increased fuel flow etc...)

Anyone ever hear that??
Old 05-02-2005, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
I've heard that...To get the optimal efficiency from any engine mod you need to adjust ECU if blowed than boost, engine and fuel mapping and something else i dont remember...

Get ECU!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:55 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Man, you gotta at least get the speedtuningusa.com ecu mod.....for 350$, you'd be pushing near 500 rear wheel.

One thing that I am curious about.....guys at Kleemann told me it wasn't the best to be running boosted blower without ECU mod (increased fuel flow etc...)

Anyone ever hear that??
But their ECU runs way too rich. I got it done and within 3 days went to Kleemann ECU.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Personally I dont think I would gain much more power with the ECU mod. I am happy with what I have and plan to leave it where it is. Thanks for the advice though as I am still a newbie here.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
All I ask is that you at least call Cory or Brandon at Kleemann USA. They are straight shooters and great guys. Tell them you have their products on and ask if it's okay to not run remapped ECU. 719.473.6441

Hate to have you toast a 30K motor my friend.

Just trying to help a brotha out.

All the best with the mods.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 PM

E55
Originally Posted by BoostedV8
Personally I dont think I would gain much more power with the ECU mod. I am happy with what I have and plan to leave it where it is. Thanks for the advice though as I am still a newbie here.
You will absolutely get more hp. I have K2, ECU, Pully and headers from Kleemens and I am getting 501 hp at the wheels. The ECU will optimize your pulley and headres and it should be one of the first things you do with these mods, not the last. The E55 has a very advanced computer system, making thousands of engine calculations as you drive the car. You need to tell it what you changed to make it work its best. Also, I would be careful about spinning that turbo charger quicker without telling the ECU what is going on. I don't know of anyone doing the pulley without the ECU.

Also, curuios why you did not go with Kleemens for everything? Their kit is opitmized to all work together. Check if the pulley you ordered is the same diameter as the one from Kleemens. If it is, get your ECU mod from Kleemens for the K2 package. I am sure you will not be dissapointed. Corey at Kleemens should be able to help you out.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:27 PM

'10 E63
Originally Posted by Rev It Up
The E55 has a very advanced computer system, making thousands of engine calculations as you drive the car. You need to tell it what you changed to make it work its best. Also, I would be careful about spinning that turbo charger quicker without telling the ECU what is going on. I don't know of anyone doing the pulley without the ECU.
I'm not saying a pulley change w/o an ECU mod is or isn't a good thing, but this doesn't cause me to believe it's necessary. A couple of the things the ECU is undoubtedly monitoring are manifold air pressure and intake air temps (both of which will rise with more boost), and if it has the ability to make adjustments for changes in those variables, changing the ECU may not be necessary. And even if the ECU can't change the fuel or timing in response to those inputs, if it is tuned far enough on the rich side to provide a significant safety cushion it may still be fine with another 2-3 psi. BTW, I'm assuming you misspoke about the turbo.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:54 PM

E55
What do you think the pulley spins? It is your call and either way I wish you the best of luck with your mods. However, I would get the ECU done before you damage your engine.

Originally Posted by R. Range
I'm not saying a pulley change w/o an ECU mod is or isn't a good thing, but this doesn't cause me to believe it's necessary. A couple of the things the ECU is undoubtedly monitoring are manifold air pressure and intake air temps (both of which will rise with more boost), and if it has the ability to make adjustments for changes in those variables, changing the ECU may not be necessary. And even if the ECU can't change the fuel or timing in response to those inputs, if it is tuned far enough on the rich side to provide a significant safety cushion it may still be fine with another 2-3 psi. BTW, I'm assuming you misspoke about the turbo.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Originally Posted by Rev It Up
What do you think the pulley spins? It is your call and either way I wish you the best of luck with your mods. However, I would get the ECU done before you damage your engine.
Well, if you read the other thread, Jakpro already mentioned this upgrade to Kleemann, who in turn said it would not damage the engine, in fact it would work fine, just not make as much power as it would if the ECU was upgraded. In theory, it might prove benefecial to do without the ECU upgrade, as the car still runs safely rich and not as hot as the ECU mod advances timing, thereby increasing cylinder temps.

Last edited by medici78; 05-07-2005 at 02:34 PM.