Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeremy Clarkson on the M5, very funny review!! LoL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you remember which episode the F430 review was in?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
I wonder what car MikeHK has or is getting. :p I think you should take 3 "settle down" pills and call us in the morning.

Where's our fat forum member when we need him? I'm sure kripsyblimp has some words of wisdom for us all.
Does it matter what I have or getting? I only drive a lowly E320 in HK.

Is there are a rule here that a member could only make opinion if they own a MB? or member is only allow to post positive (yet wrong) opinion? This board with people like you are just a pity.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Do you remember which episode the F430 review was in?
the one just before the M5's, I believe the date was 17th July, 05. I have the clip let me know if you want it.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Originally Posted by MikeHK
Does it matter what I have or getting? I only drive a lowly E320 in HK.

Is there are a rule here that a member could only make opinion if they own a MB? or member is only allow to post positive (yet wrong) opinion? This board with people like you are just a pity.
Nope, no rule. Yes, this board is full of pitiful members. Please, just go away and never come back so we don't hurt your feelings anymore. I don't want to be anymore pitiful then I already am...woh is me!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:11 AM

E63, GT500
Nope, no rule. Yes, this board is full of pitiful members. Please, just go away and never come back so we don't hurt your feelings anymore. I don't want to be anymore pitiful then I already am...woh is me!

LOL...Thanks that was great...you just made my morning with that one.

JD
Old 08-03-2005, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Originally Posted by Bubbaboy
LOL...Thanks that was great...you just made my morning with that one.

JD
Thank you for taking pity on me. :p
Old 08-03-2005, 11:38 AM

LOL...and you think you hurt my feeling. In fact, I must thank you for feeding me with responses, without people like you, I don't think I would be able to post anything here!

Thank you truthfully!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
LOL...and you think you hurt my feeling. In fact, I must thank you for feeding me with responses, without people like you, I don't think I would be able to post anything here!

Thank you truthfully!
Your welcome, TRUTHFULLY! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if we didn't have wonderful members such as yourself to put me in my place. You are the all knowing God of sports cars and I'm sure all of my fellow members here on MBWorld bow at the greatness that is MikeDonkyKong. Don't let the door...(and so on and so forth).

Last edited by MBAMGPWR; 08-03-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
This is the same guy who thought the E55 was bland and looked like a Honda...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 PM

04 E55
Your welcome, TRUTHFULLY! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if we didn't have wonderful members such as yourself to put me in my place. You are the all knowing God of sports cars and I'm sure all of my fellow members here on MBWorld bow at the greatness that is MikeDonkyKong. Don't let the door...(and so on and so forth).
jerks like you, del tomato etc, should just keep your respective mouth shut.

internet forum is a place for discussion, whether the opinion matches your narrow minded view is not important. this is a free country, and all opinion should be allowed regardless.

so you want to become a ****? owning a E55 is so powering that you need become a ****.

grow up. this is a public forum. anyone can speak their mind.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:49 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by medici78
This is the same guy who thought the E55 was bland and looked like a Honda...
if you are driving an NSX or S2000, and over look the straight line power of the E55. Than the above comment is true. But then again, E55 is never intended to be a sports car.

so the above comment is stupid.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:57 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I don't think he really said that did he? I remember him comparing the M5 to the F430 and he loved the M5 when driving it.

You might be right though, I just skimmed through that car. The review wasn't that nice. And on the track, the car looked out of control.
He did. He mentioned in both of his article and during the show.

I believe in his article he mentioned that F430 was the best car he has driven, and he does not expect to drive another car that is better/equal to it for years to come. He went on to say, that he only had to wait 4 weeks to drive a car better than it (which is M5).

He also made that claim during the top gear tv show. The other host asked him about his claim that M5 is better than F430. Clarkson said, this car has more HP, has 2 extra doors, and cost 1/2 less and verify the claim that he made that M5 was superior to F430.

He did have a lot of criticism on the M5. Majority of it is unwarranted, because if he had gotten use to I-drive it would be fine. The indicator switch complaint is really a joke. Because it does cancel on its own and it requires delicate touch to return it to off position.

M5 is not a car for everyone. complicated and harder to drive it hard and good. That's why when he has the chance to push it to the limit, he liked the car. Simple as that. This is not a luxurious cruiser and never will be. All the problem regarding jerkiness will happen as a daily driver. But then again, for M5 purist, who cares about daily driving. For that I have other cars I can drive around in.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Woo hoo, the glazed retard awakes! I missed you so much. Look at all the valuable information you have to share with us, oh such a joyous occasion! I can rest easy now that you've made some wonderful posts, I think I speak for us all when I say: "THANK YOU".

With Fondest Regards,
The AMG ****
Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 PM

04 E55
Woo hoo, the glazed retard awakes! I missed you so much. Look at all the valuable information you have to share with us, oh such a joyous occasion! I can rest easy now that you've made some wonderful posts, I think I speak for us all when I say: "THANK YOU".

With Fondest Regards,
The AMG ****
an a$$ will always be an a$$ no matter what kind of car he is driving.

typical mid-western rednecks.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Originally Posted by krispykrme
an a$$ will always be an a$$ no matter what kind of car he is driving.

typical mid-western rednecks.
I love you too, sweetheart.

[best country accent possible]Welp, better go milk the cows and check on them crazy crop circles them darn U.F.O.'s keep leavin'.
:spits chaw in goldish colored can:
: puts toothpick back in mouth:
Yep, we don't know no better, just us country boys over here. Better go light them candles, we don't got no e-leck-tricity here in the Midwest. Thank the kind Lord we gots us the enternet.[/best country accent].
Old 08-03-2005, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by krispykrme
if you are driving an NSX or S2000, and over look the straight line power of the E55. Than the above comment is true. But then again, E55 is never intended to be a sports car.

so the above comment is stupid.
What bugs me is he said it "looks" like a Honda.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Will all of you guys quit with the insults and name calling? It gets annoying really fast.

krispykreme - is the indicator switch the same one as in my X5 or E39's?
Old 08-03-2005, 06:54 PM

04 E55
No. It's like the e65. In other words, you do need to have delicate touch in manually put it back to off position. And as far as i have experience in both E65 and E60. It is fine but does need to to take time to get used to it.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 PM

04 E55
that is an idiotic comment too.

sorry, i can't stand honda's new design. just beyond yikes for me. Although I really think W211 exterior to be a little old, but its way more elegant than any recent honda designs.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:19 PM

To be honest, I don't recall myself naming the E looks like a Honda. In fact, I believe i stated that I think the new 5 series front looks like a Honda Accord and the back looks like a Subaru to me in several occasions. (please if you don't mind, find that post that I said the E looks like a honda for me, I would like to correct it)

If you had read my above posts carefully, you would see me agreeing with Jeremy Clarkson on some of this comments for the interior and exterior. But like he said, the performance overshadow every other short comings. And thats make it a more complete "high performance 4 door salon" to me than the E55.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To be honest, I don't recall myself naming the E looks like a Honda. In fact, I believe i stated that I think the new 5 series front looks like a Honda Accord and the back looks like a Subaru to me in several occasions. (please if you don't mind, find that post that I said the E looks like a honda for me, I would like to correct it)

If you had read my above posts carefully, you would see me agreeing with Jeremy Clarkson on some of this comments for the interior and exterior. But like he said, the performance overshadow every other short comings. And thats make it a more complete "high performance 4 door salon" to me than the E55.
No, no, no!! JEREMY CLARKSON says it looks like a Honda.

I'm actually part of the rare camp that likes the 5-series styling. But I much prefer the Benzo's looks anyday.
However, after seeing videos of the M5 at full scream, I must admit the sound is intoxicating.

Last edited by medici78; 08-04-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:26 AM

I'm actually part of the rare camp that likes the 5-series styling. But I much prefer the Benzo's looks anyday.
However, after seeing videos of the M5 at full scream, I must admit the sound is intoxicating.
O..I am sorry. My bad for the misunderstanding. Although I don't think the CLS looks anything better than the E60, but I would have to disagree with him that it looks like an accord.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:23 AM

Man I loved that part where he goes all the way to the rev limiter . Some off if critics I thought we're a bit silly really, or rather exaggerating the truth.

For those who are intrested some links from to download:
http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3360847(torrent, whole episode)
http://rapidshare.de/files/3336628/TG_M5E60.wmv.html
Old 08-04-2005, 12:43 PM

04 E55

Jeremy clarson is an idiot for making that comment. No part of W211 looks like a honda.

M5 sounds quiet nice at full throttle. But according to Mr. Clarkson, the engine sound horrible at idle and low RPM.

Bad thing is that I can't rev the M5 engine until 5,000 miles break in period. Two more month of waiting for my car, and probabbly 3 more month for me to break in that thing.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:17 PM

'03 M5
Top Gear and 5th Gear have both reviewed the M5, and Jeremy & Tiff both started the car up and commented that it sounds like a sick diesel when you start it up. Not exactly the exotic car sound you wuould hope. i had to play the video a couple of times because I couldn't believe how strange it was to see a V10, but hear my old 300SD turbo diesel!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jeremy Clarkson on the M5, very funny review!! LoL