Sponsored by:

E55 1, M5 0.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63
Originally Posted by Turtle25
Just to clarify- Jeremy Clarkson is very much a fan of Mercedes, having been an SL 55 owner up until recently. In fact, he's the "Merc/Jaguar" guy, while Richard Hammond is the "BMW" guy. Clarkson has also gone on the record as praising the E55. For the record, the E55 came in at 1:35.5 on the TG track, about 9.5 secs slower than the CLS. That's most likely because of the monsoon-like conditions that day, which sees the odds against a high-powered rear-drive car...

ESP deactivation has always been the Achilles' Heel of sporting Benzes, as almost all (at least, Car and Driver, Automobile, Road and Track, Car) car magazines report. In the hands of a professional, it's quite important that nothing interferes with the driving... unlike amateur drivers, like our Taiwanese friend.
I based my comment on Jeremy's statment that the only thing stopping him from buying the car is that it is a Mercedes. He goes on to site poor quality and hopes that the quality does not reflect on this car. After watching again, you're probably right, he does like Mercedes, and he does like the CLS. Thanks for the input on the E55 on the TG track. I couldn't find that and certainly wouldn't have known about the poor conditions.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:03 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by AMGcrazy
I based my comment on Jeremy's statment that the only thing stopping him from buying the car is that it is a Mercedes. He goes on to site poor quality and hopes that the quality does not reflect on this car. After watching again, you're probably right, he does like Mercedes, and he does like the CLS. Thanks for the input on the E55 on the TG track. I couldn't find that and certainly wouldn't have known about the poor conditions.

He did choose the Audi RS6 over the W211 E55. <Click Here>

The SLR did very good on the TG Track if anyone wanna see it. <Click Here>
Old 07-22-2005, 04:19 PM

'04 E500
Lightbulb Taichung...

The driver obviously has the brain of a green pea to try to test out the car on the streets of taichung... That's a waste of good machinery...even tho it's not a MB.

Originally Posted by krispykrme
Well, I can fill in the blank for you on what exactly happened. Taiwan is not a big country and people do know each other.

The accident occured in Taichung. If anyone has been to taiwan should know that the road is not as smooth as some of the better roads in US. The quality of road is not that good, but not as bad as Cali/New york city/detroit...

The road is not smooth and speed limit i believe is a mere 60km/hr.

Simply put M5 allows a lot of freedom not avaliable on the E55. In addition, that M5's tire is already well broken in ( ). The e55 owners has the luxury of ESP to save his a$$ when push to the limit. This is not the case with M5.

It's easier to drive the E55 than it is to drive the M5. Two different car for different style. That owner was simply not ready and thought that DSC would cut in and help out when needed.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:27 AM

Eeeek ouch!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Focus ST
shame to see it go
Old 07-23-2005, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by M5KILLR
hell who even believes he has a "source". sure is convienent the self hating mb owner has a freaking source in taiwan who KNOWS he has an e55!!! i hear his "source" also knew the captain of the titanic owned an e55, the hindenberg, you guessed it, his "source" told him an e55 driver too, luckily wilbur wright owned an e55 his "source" told him but he did ok.
Yea! Everyone knows that the E55 beat the GT3 on a track! Well, at least I do!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by MikeHK
Yea! Everyone knows that the E55 beat the GT3 on a track! Well, at least I do!
Hmmm...M5 beats the CLS55 time around the top gear track in this week program. Which means the M5 is faster than the GT3 based on your thoery, right Peter??
Old 07-25-2005, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
"HEY DONG, I CRASHED THAT NEW M5, CAN YOU BRING MY E55 TO ME?"
Attached Thumbnails E55 1, M5 0.-m518.jpg  
Old 07-25-2005, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by BMWEATR
"HEY DONG, I CRASHED THAT NEW M5, CAN YOU BRING MY E55 TO ME?"
LOL.... He is calling the cab, which happens to be an E class as well. O, you want me to start posting E55 crash pics? There are tons.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Banned

Hmmm...M5 beats the CLS55 time around the top gear track in this week program. Which means the M5 is faster than the GT3 based on your thoery, right Peter??
its not my theory jacka$$ do a search on this forum for the link from the magazine. which shows mag tests, like you, are WORTHLESS. just die troll.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Wow, someone should add a few more pictures to this thread.

Just ordered my M5. Should have it in November, hopefully. Don't think we'll be doing any of that break-in period stuff. It'll be straight to the dragstrip!
That does not sound as a smart thing to do Derek, at least you will not get any good times recorded.

Try to behave at least for a while until you go flat out on a track... Just a friendly advice.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:57 AM

The M5 did 1.26.2, 0.7 seconds faster than a CLS55 (1.26.9), quite good, though maybe not the gap people were expecting.

A huge caveat on the GT3's lap time- it was in the wet. TG's people have said "take off 4 seconds if it's a wet lap", meaning that under regular track conditions the GT3 should be faster than either supersedan.

Last edited by Turtle25; 07-25-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Turtle25
The M5 did 1.26 dead? I haven't seen it yet, that's what I heard. 0.9 seconds faster than a CLS55 (1.26.9), quite good, though maybe not the gap people were expecting.

A huge caveat on the GT3's lap time- it was in the wet. TG's people have said "take off 4 seconds if it's a wet lap", meaning that under regular track conditions the GT3 should be faster than either supersedan.
O I thought so too, but Peter (now M5KILLR) told everyone that the CLS beats the GT3 around track. Here is the thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...0&page=1&pp=50

Post #2

And I believe him!

Last edited by MikeHK; 07-26-2005 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:23 PM

1991 BMW 325iC
Angry gee, how old do ya'll think you are?

coming from someone who's younger than you can even guess, you guys sound real mature up in this thread.

I can totally see this battle playing itself out on the PLAYGROUND. just a thought. and of course just MY OPINION. but lets face it, compare how old you all actually are to how old you all sound on this very VERY public forum and you all should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm sure you are all very successful people in life, so how you can get away with shoving your opinion up other people's *BLANK* I don't know because in life you have to work with people even if they have drastically different opinions than you do. just deal with it and move the F on. its for your own good.

then again, maybe that's your thang, whatever.

I personally admire MB because they're just great at coming out with some of the fastest freakin' cars which will whip *** on the road better than 90% of the cars out there, however, I probably won't buy one because I think the build quality could be better. I also love BMWs because their older generation cars looked stunning (think E46 and E39) and I love the way my E30 handles/rides/drives. so in the end I can't really say which is better because they're both pretty good to me but I have my preferences.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMWGRL
you guys sound mature
i know u are but what am i?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:07 PM

I don't know what you are. But you are still the NON MB ROYALIST hero who claims the CLS55 beat GT3 around a track to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Banned

I don't know what you are. But you are still the NON MB ROYALIST hero who claims the CLS55 beat GT3 around a track to me.
look genius, it was stated and written so i restated it. you insist the m5 will walk on an e every time b/c one douche vid'd it so every m5 will walk on any e and you gladly accept that as fact (with but 1 occourance)

by the way, i thought i said for you to go away. go on, shoosh, get. take what is widely regarded by nearly every magazine as one of the most god awful looking cars ever and git!!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 PM

1991 BMW 325iC
gee, I guess if you change my quote to prove your point then you really didn't have a point to begin with now did you.

by the way, I find that when you are trying to sound smarter than the other person in an argument, learning how to spell really helps.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
look genius, it was stated and written so i restated it. you insist the m5 will walk on an e every time b/c one douche vid'd it so every m5 will walk on any e and you gladly accept that as fact (with but 1 occourance)

by the way, i thought i said for you to go away. go on, shoosh, get. take what is widely regarded by nearly every magazine as one of the most god awful looking cars ever and git!!!!!

yes, yes. we all should kneel down and kiss the ground your **** feet has walked over.

people like you should just take a stick and shove it up your own rear and shut up.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

coming from someone who's younger than you can even guess, you guys sound real mature up in this thread.

I can totally see this battle playing itself out on the PLAYGROUND. just a thought. and of course just MY OPINION. but lets face it, compare how old you all actually are to how old you all sound on this very VERY public forum and you all should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm sure you are all very successful people in life, so how you can get away with shoving your opinion up other people's *BLANK* I don't know because in life you have to work with people even if they have drastically different opinions than you do. just deal with it and move the F on. its for your own good.

then again, maybe that's your thang, whatever.

I personally admire MB because they're just great at coming out with some of the fastest freakin' cars which will whip *** on the road better than 90% of the cars out there, however, I probably won't buy one because I think the build quality could be better. I also love BMWs because their older generation cars looked stunning (think E46 and E39) and I love the way my E30 handles/rides/drives. so in the end I can't really say which is better because they're both pretty good to me but I have my preferences.

what rock did this crack ***** crawl out from??? we don't care about old bmr's around here grl! save it for another forum not this one.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Banned

gee, I guess if you change my quote to prove your point then you really didn't have a point to begin with now did you.

by the way, I find that when you are trying to sound smarter than the other person in an argument, learning how to spell really helps.
wuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! look at my sig (in the rear view mirror, thats the only sight youll see el hefe) in your hot............um.................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ..................1991....................um...... ...........................32..................... ..............5 what???????????? nice ride junior.

Originally Posted by krispykrme
yes, yes. we all should kneel down and kiss the ground your **** feet has walked over.

people like you should just take a stick and shove it up your own rear and shut up.

oh plz dear sir (madam) you substantial carriage should entitle you to a free s600 with airmatic to handle your incredible girth. no offense though.

Last edited by M5KILLR; 08-17-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:39 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
what rock did this crack ***** crawl out from??? we don't care about old bmr's around here grl! save it for another forum not this one.
come'on that's uncalled for, no? She respectfully stated that some are acting like asses (and she's right). MikeHK is a BMW zealot who gets all bent out of shape even if someone says a crashed bmw is crashed (go figure) and then our own MB apologists jump in...

humanity at its finest....

Why can’t car enthusiast’s just be car enthusiast’s, who gives a crap about the brand?

Shouldn’t have gone to happy hour, I’m sure this statement doesn’t help matters.

later.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

alright, I'm sorry.
you know how i get when people start talking about bmr's around here.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:03 AM

Look NON MB ROYALIST! I never stated the M5 will walk on any E, if I did, please find evidence. I would make myself clear I still haven't seen a M5 beating a E in person, but I turly believe the M5 would be faster (NOT WALK) (stock to stock) in any type of track (drag or road course).

What I found amazing is that you claming yourself a non-MB royalist, defencing the E from slower than the new M5 like I am accusing you got no d!ck, claiming the CLS faster than a GT3 around track etc.. etc...

Am I a BMW royalist? Perhaps! But I happen to be driving a E320. I also happened to state my own opinions on the dislike of the exterior of the current 5 and 7.

Lastly, I now ask you to drive your mighty E and hit the wall at 160mph. Would you do so? If not, then don't expect me to go away simply because you asked me to. Like you said, what are you? you are just another stupid jerk to me.

Last edited by MikeHK; 08-18-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by DRCrowder
come'on that's uncalled for, no? She respectfully stated that some are acting like asses (and she's right). MikeHK is a BMW zealot who gets all bent out of shape even if someone says a crashed bmw is crashed (go figure) and then our own MB apologists jump in...

humanity at its finest....

Why can’t car enthusiast’s just be car enthusiast’s, who gives a crap about the brand?

Shouldn’t have gone to happy hour, I’m sure this statement doesn’t help matters.

later.
Please, where did I get all bent out of shape? If I am wrong, then you must be agreeing with CLS is faster than GT3. Right? I make all my statements all based on facts. The problem I found on this forum is some members seem to have huge problem accepting facts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: E55 1, M5 0.