E55 1, M5 0.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Esp

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I guess his ESP didn't kick in!
This is a big problem imho. Not that it didn't kick in, but that drivers today drive at the limits of adhesion thinking ESP will save them. First of all, it's only a computer, and computers can always malfunction. Then, ESP does not defy the laws of physics. If you're going way to fast, ESP can't save you. The post also mentioned an uneven road. ESP can't do anything if the wheels aren't touching the ground. All in all, I'd rather rely on my own skills and common sense than some computer. This proves that better cars make worse drivers. If you are not challenged behind the wheel every no and again, then you lose your skills as a capable driver. This is not to say that I am not thankful for the merits of ES, for example when an unexpected oil puddle in a freeway exit surprises you. But people should invest mor emoney in performance driving courses than upgrades before they try to drive a 500 hp car thinking ESP will save the day no matter what they try. Just my 0.02 cents.

Last edited by Frank Wiesmann; 08-18-2005 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 BMW 325iC
Angry

in case you forgot, I also talked about MB and since you're such a loyal fan you should be happy to see a BMW driver admiring MB just as much. However, I can see obviously that people like you are unaccepting of other people's opinions EVEN WHEN THEY MATCH YOUR OWN.

what was it that I said before? oh yeah, GROW UP. geez. I tried to politely make a point, and you **** on it like I insulted you. and how old are you again? I like to visit car-forums because it's a great place for information and a little informal debate, but this thread just reeks. why can't you all talk about cars like you actually LOVE driving and LOVE your car instead of hating on other people? does that make you feel better in the morning when you know that you are hated by a bunch of people already because you don't check what comes out of your head before it hits the public forums? does that make you feel like you're a better person when you can call someone else a "crack *****"? what if someone called you a name? that wouldn't make you feel too good either right? why would that happened? BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU.

think about that. geez.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:27 PM

1991 BMW 325iC
Originally Posted by M5KILLR
wuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! look at my sig (in the rear view mirror, thats the only sight youll see el hefe) in your hot............um.................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ..................1991....................um...... ...........................32..................... ..............5 what???????????? nice ride junior.
yeah THANKS. did I say my car was fast? did I say I could beat any of you in here? did I say I was a RICH @#$^!(@& and could afford anything any of you drive? no.

so . . . what was the point you were trying to make hmm?

yeah that's right. good job. swing and a miss.

Last edited by BMWGRL; 08-19-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,040 Likes on 840 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
BMWGRL, I think people are a bit put-off by your screen name. You come across as a major troll posting to a Mercedes board with your screen name. Most of us are sick of the stupid trolls that frequent this forum. The trolls know who they are. Of course, I'm not saying that you are one of the trolls but if people lay into you it's because all the other trolls have paved the way.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, you may want to hold back and lurk instead of interjecting on an E55 forum. I don't think many of us want to hear some snot nose kid with a BMW screen name discuss E55's when they don't own one, don't even own a Mercedes, and may not ever own a Mercedes. I'm not saying that you are any of those things but that's the way you come off with your posts.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

$1 says BMWGRL is a man and not young. BMWGRL has taken this thread further off topic than anyone else. Take off or chill out.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:52 PM

1991 BMW 325iC
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BlownV8
BMWGRL, I think people are a bit put-off by your screen name. You come across as a major troll posting to a Mercedes board with your screen name. Most of us are sick of the stupid trolls that frequent this forum. The trolls know who they are. Of course, I'm not saying that you are one of the trolls but if people lay into you it's because all the other trolls have paved the way.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, you may want to hold back and lurk instead of interjecting on an E55 forum. I don't think many of us want to hear some snot nose kid with a BMW screen name discuss E55's when they don't own one, don't even own a Mercedes, and may not ever own a Mercedes. I'm not saying that you are any of those things but that's the way you come off with your posts.
(1) what is a troll?
(2) so you're saying you'd rather hear snot nosed adults call each other names and filthy up the forum with their mud slinging?

I only started reading this board because, yes, I am interested in owning a Mercedez in a few years and I love high performance cars in general. However, this has been one of the worst mud slinging threads I've seen on here, and I felt compelled to bring some order. but whatever. what do I know right? I'm just a "Snot nosed kid"

however, since you guys have clearly expressed the fact that you'd rather stay in playground mode and continue whatever childish games you guys are playing, I'll step out.

but for future reference, whenever you write anything on any public forums, think about how you would feel if the San Francisco Chronicle or the New York Times posted what you said in bold print on the front page with your name attached to it. then prehaps you could hold back on the name-calling and revert to more civilized means.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
What do you guys think of cross-dressers?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by BMWGRL
(1) what is a troll?
(2) so you're saying you'd rather hear snot nosed adults call each other names and filthy up the forum with their mud slinging?

I only started reading this board because, yes, I am interested in owning a Mercedez in a few years and I love high performance cars in general. However, this has been one of the worst mud slinging threads I've seen on here, and I felt compelled to bring some order. but whatever. what do I know right? I'm just a "Snot nosed kid"

however, since you guys have clearly expressed the fact that you'd rather stay in playground mode and continue whatever childish games you guys are playing, I'll step out.

but for future reference, whenever you write anything on any public forums, think about how you would feel if the San Francisco Chronicle or the New York Times posted what you said in bold print on the front page with your name attached to it. then prehaps you could hold back on the name-calling and revert to more civilized means.
bye bye bmrgrl![B]