Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 E Class / E55 CF Hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 E63 AMG
Can you poll those of us who have paid deposits and see what percentage want the vents? I don't car if my engine gets wet in a rainstorm. I there a chance we can re-classify and re-introduce a group buy for a CF hood WITH vents? I'm out if there's no vents. Let's not close this down quite yet, okay??
Old 08-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by vrus
Neal, I think where you worried some people is when you made a post saying "dont worry, my guy knows exactly where the placement of the vents should be".. It sounded like the placement wasn't going to be the same as the Brabus hood.

When I saw the picture of the Brabus hood with the vents I was sold that that was what I wanted. If you just tell everyone they are getting vented hood EXACTLY like the Brabus design then there is no problem.

I am sure the confusion stemmed from that post I was talking about...

I thought everyone was under the impression that all along I was making an identical replica of the Brabus hood. Vent placements could have been changed if needed though. I did ask for measurements where people would say they think its best. I was not going to move it more then 1 inch or so. Still, after much thought, and the tons of emails I have had with issues of vents and water, its just not something I wanted to risk as of now. We are really busy and have plans for lots of CF work for a lot of Mercedes in the future, I cannot afford to have a hold up with customers saying there engine is damaged from water, or I don't like the vents etc..

Like I said, I am very upset by this, but it all comes down to all the emails I have got just showed there are to many concerns with the hood with vents.

I appreciate all the interest from everyone, but I would rather not sell the hood at all then have customers not be happy.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by oblax4
Can you poll those of us who have paid deposits and see what percentage want the vents? I don't car if my engine gets wet in a rainstorm. I there a chance we can re-classify and re-introduce a group buy for a CF hood WITH vents? I'm out if there's no vents. Let's not close this down quite yet, okay??
Unfortunately, you may be one that does not care about water issues or a wet engine, but there are to many others that are concerned with water damage. I am not in the position to be held accountable with a damaged engine or other part from the water entering the hood that has been damaged. Again, I would rather be safe then have to many customers be upset. So the vent idea is no longer an option.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:50 AM

'04 E500
liability

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Unfortunately, you may be one that does not care about water issues or a wet engine, but there are to many others that are concerned with water damage. I am not in the position to be held accountable with a damaged engine or other part from the water entering the hood that has been damaged. Again, I would rather be safe then have to many customers be upset. So the vent idea is no longer an option.
As a former industry insider, I have to agree with C230Coupe..... he's opening himself/his co. up to potential complaints about the vents & it may end up being more headaches than anything. Now, if a fellow boardmember that's not in the business does this as a group project & holds the risk to ea. participant... then it would be a different story. ie...knowing the risks of water going into the engine bay & adverse body damage, etc.

Or unless everyone signs a waiver... :-) But, even that's contestable.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
As a former industry insider, I have to agree with C230Coupe..... he's opening himself/his co. up to potential complaints about the vents & it may end up being more headaches than anything. Now, if a fellow boardmember that's not in the business does this as a group project & holds the risk to ea. participant... then it would be a different story. ie...knowing the risks of water going into the engine bay & adverse body damage, etc.

Or unless everyone signs a waiver... :-) But, even that's contestable.

I think it's for the best. It's probably the sanest thing done for a while. We just keep egging each other on to bigger and bigger extremes like a bunch of teenagers. Where will it stop? What next, wings? vertical take off? nuclear power? All we need is for one car to stall in the rain and a **** fight will start! Then we'll have void warranty issues, unauthorized design changes, insurance knock-backs, the list goes on and on.
Why can't we all be happy with these magnificent cars, the envy of the rest of the motoring public? There, I sound just like my wife...

Last edited by Rafal; 08-23-2005 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
a bunch of babies

Originally Posted by medici78
I agree with vrus about the appearance. Plus, I dont feel we are taking this purchase too seriously. Quite the opposite, IMO. As much money as some of us have, putting down a $580 nonrefundable deposit on an item that technically doesnt even exist yet is a great leap of faith. Given this, I believe we are entitled to ask questions and make suggestions.

Jesus... you put that much gas in your car in a couple months. You aren't Trump here... $580 isn't some monster investment.

Guys, you're just like the BMW 850 board... you can discuss **** to death... its the reason we hire committees to discuss the relevance of a cross walk near a school, the color and width of the stripes, and the texture and type of paint. Overkill. It costs more to deal with all your individual concerns and redundant questions than it does to creat the damn hood... thus he pulls out. Did I not prophesize this in my first post?

So, I leave to Cozumel for a week and all the kids throw crap at each other in the play pen while I'm gone... great. I'm still there actually, coming home to tomorrow.

Thanks for frightening the hell out of Black230 with all the red tape you have in your business worlds. This was just a stinking hood. You have all the right in the world to haggle ever single detail to death. That doesn't mean you should.

Those concerned about water issues, close the vents up underneath at the body shop. Others can spend the time creating a way out for the water. Others, like me, could care less knowing that most of the electronics are completely sealed to begin with... it's why we can wash our cars and no longer have frickin' carburators.

Whatever, yes, I'd buy the last two. I obviously don't have quite as large poles stuck up my *** as some of you babies. You get the hood, then you tailor it the3 way you want it... that's how hard this was. The vents were already agreed upon, and as a group thing were not to be changed on an invididual whim.

Good lord, to bed ... all of you... and don't come out until you're a better behaved.

From Cozumel, where my car and little boat rental cost more than this hood... for a week. FOR A WEEK!!!

Shame on you all. And sorry for spelling errors... the screen here is very tiny and its a spanish keybaord... but don't worry, even though I have the right to complain about these things... I won't... it will make me look like a spoiled cheap *******.

Loren
Old 08-23-2005, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
1Ender1 don't use my post as an example the blame for this!!
I just said we should be entitled to suggestions for the money we commited to spend. Personally, I was/am perfectly fine with the Brabus-type hood. All I was saying was that people have the right to ask questions when spending $1000. It's nice that you wipe your a$$ with $1000 bills, but some of us value our money differently. I had similar reservations as the others, but I liked what I saw on the Silver C32 and thought that was good enough for me to put a deposit.
While I feel people are entitled to suggestions/questions, I do agree with you that people made a big deal over nothing.

After seeing so many people and friends with vented hoods and having no problem I never gave the rain/water issue much consideration.

Neal, please reconsider. I do agree you have done your part, and I think the fact that you have 13 deposits should mean something. I'd be more than willing to sign a waiver regarding the water damage.
Looking at the C32 hood fitment and finish you showed, I was perfectly fine with trusting you with my money.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:06 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Draw up the waiver and I'll sign it too!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
As much as I hate to say it, it just will not longer be done. Not interested in having customers not be happy with all the bad stuff going around with some sponsors lately, I do not want to be one of them.

I have sent an email to everyone explaining it better.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Dayam it...I ain't ever gonna get no cf hood

0 for 1 when I tired 2 years ago to get the ball rolling on the cf hoods myself. Jus wasn't enough interest...

and now

0 for 2...

Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 AM

'10 E63 AMG
BenzoBoi:

Let's find another provider. Any ideas???
Old 08-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

W221
I'll try lookin around...
Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 PM

'06 M5
All,

If you need another shop to build a CF hood I have one for you. I already asked if they could do it and they said yes. He mentioned he would probably need an initial order of 20, but you might be able to talk him down.

Let me know if you'd like to speak with him or if I can help you all.

Cheers,

Darren
Old 08-25-2005, 07:51 AM

'10 E63 AMG
If he needs 20 commitments, we should get a list of interested members before we approach him. So, let's start this all over again. Is anyone interested?

BTW, does this new guy have a good rep in your opinion, Darren? Is he reliable, honest, and does he do quality work? Does he know what he's doing and are you confident he could get this job done for us?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

W221
I just created another thread where the people that are still interestd in a CF hood can write down their names.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...99#post1249199

I guess we can use this thread for the official head count?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I'm very torn, I have been getting some comments/emails from some good friends trying to convince me to do this still. Since I had this all planned out and ready to go, It may sound like I am a schizophrenic, but I may reconsider. We are about to get a Hurricane here, but I will let you know what I decide soon.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:29 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Pleeeez reconsider! I didn't respond to your e-mail because I thought you were solid on bailing. We don't think you're schizo at all! Well, maybe a little, but certainly not any more than some of the chicks I've dated in the past! Hah! Stay safe with that storm this weekend! Looking forward to hearing back from you on this!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by oblax4
Pleeeez reconsider! I didn't respond to your e-mail because I thought you were solid on bailing. We don't think you're schizo at all! Well, maybe a little, but certainly not any more than some of the chicks I've dated in the past! Hah! Stay safe with that storm this weekend! Looking forward to hearing back from you on this!
I will let you know soon on this. If there is a delay, its because the power keeps going out here. I am hoping it doesn't go out and stay like that!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:58 AM

'04 E500
Talking schizo... LOL

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I will let you know soon on this. If there is a delay, its because the power keeps going out here. I am hoping it doesn't go out and stay like that!
If you go ahead and do this, you will be 'THE' Hero for the E55 community. I think it could be VERY good for your biz, from a marketing point of view. Honestly, I had more fun doing the auto aftermarket business before...compared to what I do now (financial consulting/planning). Although the auto aftermarket business is no wheres as financially rewarding as what I do now... I did enjoy it alot. The rewards & the 'fun factor' are just not the same with the industry I am in now. Some days, you feel great for what you've done for your clients, other days, you just want to take off for 1-2 weeks to recharge.

Good luck BlkC230Coupe & I know everyone will be happy with the product.
Maybe your next (bigger & better) project could be for the CLS class... that could potentially generate more interest. I've been seeing more and more CLS's and a few CLS55 AMG's lately (esp this week...) Can't wait to see the 030 pkg on the CLS55...

-=PCH=-
Old 08-26-2005, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Neal...I strongly ask you to reconsider also. I mean in the end it is still your call. But I for one would greatly appreciate it. Hope the storm isn't too much of a hassle for you and I too look foward to your response...
Old 08-29-2005, 04:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
The group buy is back, i have sent everyone an email. I know some people may not be interested anymore, but lets see what we can do.

All orders from the last 13 were canceled. So everyone need to purchase it again. All i did add was disclaimer at the botton of the buy now page. That is the only change.

Or here is a link http://www.euroteckmotorsports.com/i...owse&pageid=87

I really should make a new thread since this one is pretty long.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Alright...Neal if you are gonna make another post, please take this last post with the people that have confirmed again. I'll start the list.

1. Benzoboi