W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car's In -- but They Screwed Up the Interior!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car's In -- but They Screwed Up the Interior!!!!

Salesman just called. My car's in. BUT, somehow I got the wrong interior.

Car is platinum blue. I ordered Charcoal/Blue with the standard maple. Instead, I got charcoal/charcoal with burl walnut trim.

**** on a stick.

So, what do I do? They'll take more money off for the screw up. Or, I can order another one & wait 12 weeks.

Damn, damn, damn.

I'm really tempted just to take this one, as I'm tired of waiting. I don't hate the all-charcoal interior. And I was thinking of ordering the walnut trim.

But, ...

Thoughts?

--
Hook
Old 08-15-2005, 02:09 PM

a few...
sorry to hear that

that's really a bummer. but it's your choice to wait or not.
I'm personally surprised to hear they made such a huge error...
It's really up to you whether or not you wait but sorry to hear about the mishap, best of luck with whatever you decide on doing.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
You ordered a great combo. I just cant believe they would mess up that bad. If you can live with the mistake and they will discount, just take it. Its not like you got a red interior or something like that. I'm sure the car looks awesome.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
I'd take the car and discount if I were you. I could not stand waiting another 12 weeks after they have a car at the dealership. Just take that one for a drive and you'll never be able to get rid of it.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
All black.
Versus a beautiful combo.

This is so hard to choose.

If they can discount it significantly then I'd take the screw up. Otherwise I'd pick another car from another dealer. Why should we lend our business when they screwed up the first time? When dealing with this long of a wait time, there is no room to make mistakes.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Here are a couple of things to consider.

Twelve weeks are going to come and go, whether or not you take the car. From that point on, you will either have the car that you want, or you will have the one that came out wrong. You will have the car so much longer than the 12 week wait, that the wait will be meaningless in time.

One other thing to consider is if you wait and order another car with the blue/charcoal interior, you could have a similar situation to mine. I have the blue/charcoal interior with the burl walnut. I think it is simply beautiful and the walnut looks great. I am very happy with the wood color and I think it is a lot better looking than the black maple would look with the blue. Now here is my situation with the blue inserts - the blue seems to absorb the charcoal color so much that in most lighting situations, it is almost impossible to tell that there are 2 colors. The entire interior looks like solid charcoal almost all of the time. Sometimes, I wish that I had ordered the merlot instead so there would be more contrast. I am not unhappy at all, I just wish the blue was more obvious. If I were you I would try to look at a car with the color combination that you want and make a visual comparison and spend some time in the newly arrived car.

In the end, I am certain that which ever one you end up with, it will look fabulous, and you and everyone else will love it. Hope I haven't made the choice more difficult and congratulations.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Sorry to hear. Same thing happened to me. I ordered a white with black/blue interior and black birdseye maple and a couple options to begin with. 2 weeks before delivery, they tell me that "somone" changed to a black on black with full options. My sales guy told me it was one of the managers, but none of them took responsibility. So I told them to go shove it up their *** and I left. Got a silver/black instead from another dealer because I needed the car for an upcoming event.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 PM

04 E55
sorry to hear of such a crappy mistake. Look at it this way, it's summer now and you still have what's left of this weather. Take the beast now if they give you a good discount and enjoy the rest of the nice weather. If they don't give you a discount that you would appreciate, then wait.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:39 PM

Range Rover (Borrego Ed.), M3, Ambulance!
I think you should wait for your personalized car. That car will be custom built for you. Lady Wolf had a similar situation with her wagon. She chose to wati for the one she ordered, and now she says that shes happy she waited for her car. You ordered that car because thats what you wanted and you're paying a lot of money for that. WAIT!!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Bah! Sorry to hear that. I would wait if I were you... resist the temptation... patience is a virtue.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:45 PM

'05 C55 Black/Black Lighting, Premium, NAV
Arent these the same people that claim the factory forgot to install your Sirius? Sounds like they totally screwed up your order from the begining. I would call MBUSA and report these idiots. Then I would demand they reorder you a new one at a discounted price.

Only thing is there will be 2 Platinum blue E55's running around your toen now.

My $.02

Mez
Old 08-15-2005, 04:56 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Wait for your car..

I would guess that if a couple of grand really mattered to you, you wouldn't be ording an E55 anyhow. You want to get in you car and think "Nice!! Just like I like it" not "It's okay, but I compromised my standards for a measly 12 weeks of driving time and a couple thou, now I am going to live with it for a few years"

Up to you.

Best of luck

--David
Old 08-15-2005, 05:07 PM

2009 C63
The same thing happened to me with a new Carrera S I ordered late last year. It was scheduled for a March 05 delivery, then was pushed back to April 05. I stopped in one day and the salesperson told me proudly my car was finished and on the way to port. He printed me out the build sheet and I couldn't believe it but they had screwed up the interior. After waiting almost 5 months. They offered a big discount or go back on the list and wait another 5 months.

I cancelled the order, called my friend at the MB dealership and asked if he knew of any used E55s. He told me a NEW silver one was being delivered that day and it was not spoken for. I bought it immediately and have been happy as hell ever since.

I think you should get the car you want. Wait the extra time and grind them for some level of a discount for the wait.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
How much of discount would you get anyway? If it's not enough to get you a nice set of wheels, then I'd suggest you wait. If it's enough or is enough to do some little mods, I'd suggest you take the car as is and get couple grand discount... and put the $$$ in the mod.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by Hook

Car is platinum blue. I ordered Charcoal/Blue with the standard maple. Instead, I got charcoal/charcoal with burl walnut trim.

**** on a stick.

So, what do I do? They'll take more money off for the screw up. Or, I can order another one & wait 12 weeks.

Damn, damn, damn.

I'm really tempted just to take this one, as I'm tired of waiting. I don't hate the all-charcoal interior. And I was thinking of ordering the walnut trim.

But, ...

Thoughts?

--
Hook
I would definitely wait, you get the 2006 instead of the 2005 then, right?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:29 PM

'05 C55 Black/Black Lighting, Premium, NAV
My point is that if they screwed up my 85k car they would be ordering me a new one and giving me a discount.

Mez
Old 08-15-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Many assumptions here and no negative on your selection, but I wonder how many orders they screw up 'by mistake' for 'non-standard' colors for cars that are leased ? That is, don't want to work on selling the car once it's turned back in.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:52 PM

Decision Made

I appreciate all of the input from people. I made my decision tonight ...

I really agonized about this for a few hours. I figured I had 2 reasonable choices:

1) Tell them to shove it & order another car from another dealer.
2) Go see the car. If I loved the way it looked & they gave me enough of a discount, take it as is.

I called my wife who was scheduled to drive me to pick it up & asked her advice. My wife voted for #2 & said how about if she looked at the car & gave me her opinion. I knew there was every chance that once I saw the car I would take it, anyway, but I went for #2.

My wife absolutely loved it & thought the charcoal/walnut was actually a better choice. I must admit that I like the burl walnut better than the maple & the all-charcoal interior was beautiful. Truth is I never saw the charcoal/blue interior, but had decided to order it anyway.

They offered me enough of a discount to buy a nice set of wheels (I'll have to spring for tires, though), so I bought 'er. I'm happy with my decision

It's too dark to take photos now. I'll post some tomorrow.

--
Hook
Old 08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Congrats again!

How was the drive home?

Tom
Old 08-15-2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by ima55r2
Congrats again!

How was the drive home?

Tom
Thanks for asking Drive home (about 30 miles) was incredible.

When I got home, I took a good long look at the car from the side. It's even more beautiful than I remembered.

Car had 12 miles on it when I got in. My current (now, previous) car has 217,000 miles.

It's gonna be tough to resist punching it for the next 958 miles. But, I'll be a good boy :v

--
Hook
Old 08-15-2005, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hook

**** on a stick.

Damn, damn, damn.

But, ...

Thoughts?

--
Hook
Glad you like it and I hope you don't regret the color combo.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Congrats!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WayneE
Congrats!
LOL!
Congrats that they didn't end up ordering him a A230!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by regor60
Many assumptions here and no negative on your selection, but I wonder how many orders they screw up 'by mistake' for 'non-standard' colors for cars that are leased ? That is, don't want to work on selling the car once it's turned back in.
Doesn't apply in this case, since I paid cash.

--
Hook
Old 08-15-2005, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
as my dad always says, "get what you want" is the car gonna come in regardless of if you take it or not??? IF so then you dont want to be driving around town and then see your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car's In -- but They Screwed Up the Interior!!!!