W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Little Shoot-out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005 | 11:00 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Little Shoot-out

Ok.. This should be fun... Got in contact with a local guy I know here who is running a Kleemann Stage 3 car (ECU, headers, Cams, exhaust).

I have invited him to my next dyno session so we can compare both cars on the same day on the same dyno. I will have both runs plotted on the same graph so we can analyze and see the differences between the 2 cars.

Also, we are going to try and hookup for some "testing" on a closed road circuit to see how much of a difference there is in 1/4mile power between the 2 cars.

Stay tuned.. This should be fun and interesting at the same time.
Old 08-30-2005 | 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
That's AWESOME V!

Can you give us a full list of what you are running.

If able, can you post the dynos sheets as well. Klee says the cam will help him on the top end...interested to see what that looks like.

I am hoping you are running just Klee stage 2 with/without water mod...I wanna see what the difference is with the cams.

This is gonna be awesome.

**edit...sorry just noticed your sig....it hasn't changed right?
Old 08-30-2005 | 11:48 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I am still running the same setup. I haven't installed any new parts yet.. Although if I do, I will provide that info when I make the post. I will definitely post the dyno graph and whatever other information I have.

His car is actually a Stage 3+ custom car. He has the Kleemann exhaust on there but kept the factory mufflers. I believe he has their throttle body on there too... not 100% sure but I'll post all the specs once I confirm it with him. He also has a custom program from Kleemann.. He asked them to lean out the program a bit so he can make more power.. His car should be one of the higher output Kleemann cars because he has everything they offer EXCEPT for the high flow water pump.

I will try to get this coordinated by the end of the week.
Old 08-30-2005 | 11:52 AM

'06 M5
Victor,

Please o please get this setup this week and share the results with us. Heck, just call him up today and you two meet at some place on Queens Way and just do a race. I'm dying to know the results.

Regards,

Darren
Old 08-30-2005 | 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Please o please get this setup this week and share the results with us. Heck, just call him up today and you two meet at some place on Queens Way and just do a race. I'm dying to know the results.

Regards,

Darren
Glad he's ridin someone else to get it done now......just picking D man.
Old 08-30-2005 | 12:03 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by darren_dallas
Victor,

Regards,

Darren
Hey Darren,

How about contributing that little pulley to my R&D dept??

See what kind of tech info we could get if I had more parts to test with.

I want to try and get it done for Friday. Hopefully dyno will be available, weather will be cool, and my friend will be available also.

He and I will be trying to rent out Cayuga Dragway park for the day.. We are trying to rustle up some other cars and head down there for a day of heads-up racing... Video of EVERYTHING will be taken! (including pulls on the dyno)

Last edited by vrus; 08-30-2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 12:12 PM
Out Of Control!

Victor,

This guy you met with the Kleemann Stage 3 is he on the board? If not what are you waiting for? You should invite him here so he can share his experience with his car. Also if you do this "testing" pls oh pls! Video is a MUST!! Do you know about how much is he putting down rwhp/crank?
Old 08-30-2005 | 12:18 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JamE55
Victor,

This guy you met with the Kleemann Stage 3 is he on the board? If not what are you waiting for? You should invite him here so he can share his experience with his car. Also if you do this "testing" pls oh pls! Video is a MUST!! Do you know about how much is he putting down rwhp/crank?
I actually met him when Steve was here doing the installs.. He was having some stuff installed at the same time as me and we started chatting..

I invited him here that same day but he doesn't spend time on the boards.. He just doesn't like the scene.

I have no idea what he is putting down.. He was told a number but I am not going to repeat it. I will just wait and see the car on the dynojet.

I bought a new little toy just so that I can have video with me all the time.. I have decided that I will be taking video of every dyno session and any other testing session I do from now on.

This little thing is small enough that I just leave it in my car all the time now. http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/n...SC-X105L%2fXAA
Old 08-30-2005 | 12:25 PM
Out Of Control!

^^ That's a very nice toy you've got there. Anyway pls keep us posted and hopefully you can record some videos when you guys do your testing.
Old 08-30-2005 | 12:33 PM

Please keep us posted. You may pioneer how these E55's should be modified from start to finish.
Old 08-30-2005 | 02:27 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG BLISS
Please keep us posted. You may pioneer how these E55's should be modified from start to finish.
Thanks for the support! All I hope to do is figure out what works and what doesnt and maybe learn a little more about these wonderful engines. Oh yeah, and to break the 700hp mark.. That too!
Old 08-31-2005 | 02:16 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Spoke with my friend with the Kleemann car.. Here is what he said he had:

- Kleemann Stage 3 (ECU, pulley, Headers, Cams)
- Kleemann exhaust system
- Maybach throttle body

He told me what Kleemann dyno'd the car at but for respect for both of them I wont mention any numbers.

I have booked aside 1 hr of dyno time for this Friday. He wasnt sure if he could make it but said he would call me tonight to confirm. I am hoping we can do back to back runs and compare cars.

I am very interested in doing this with him because my car has stock boost WITH cooling mods.. He has HIGHER Boost and ECU programming WITHOUT cooling mods.

Hopefully it'll work out and he will be able to come with me...

If he can't make it then I will cancel the dyno time and wait until my race cats and oil catch can are installed before going back for another run.
Old 08-31-2005 | 02:34 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by vrus
- Maybach throttle body
Anybody know if this is something that can be used for a W210 E55/W211 E55 chassis? Where can we get one and how much of an advantage would this provide?
Old 08-31-2005 | 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by JamE55
Anybody know if this is something that can be used for a W210 E55/W211 E55 chassis? Where can we get one and how much of an advantage would this provide?
Interesting, a Maybach throttle body. The Maybach uses the V12 - I wonder if any special adaptations are necessary? I wonder how it differs from the SL/CL/S65 cars (which are rated for more HP?)

Find out more about that mod if you can Victor, or maybe Kleemann can chime in here.

-m
Old 08-31-2005 | 03:59 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Interesting, a Maybach throttle body. The Maybach uses the V12 - I wonder if any special adaptations are necessary? I wonder how it differs from the SL/CL/S65 cars (which are rated for more HP?)

Find out more about that mod if you can Victor, or maybe Kleemann can chime in here.

-m
Don't know if the throttle body was done by Kleemann or not.. I remember seeing it when he popped his hood to show me the mods.. It had weld marks all around it where it meets with the blower.

I will have to ask him for details on this one next time I see him (I'll snap some pics of the engine bay also).
Old 08-31-2005 | 04:10 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost

-m
Marcus,

I've already inquired on this to kleemann and just waiting for their response. I've also inquired about a posibbility of twin throttle if that's even possible or not. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 09-01-2005 | 05:17 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Well.. My friend just called me.. He can't make it tomorrow so it looks like the dyno is cancelled for now.. He asked me to reschedule for next week so hopefully we'll be able to do something before the next week is over.

Stay tuned...
Old 09-01-2005 | 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Aww bummer, I was really hoping for some nice action!
Next week it is then!