W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Improviz Supporters stand united

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2005 | 02:12 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Improviz Supporters stand united

Hey Improviz and all Improviz supporters

I am looking for a show of support from all Improviz supporters!!!!! Hell yeah I know this is childish but I really DIG your efforts at trashing these relentless trolls.

In fact it was your tireless efforts with APK103 that got me hooked to this forum - that one relentless thread got me so hooked (and it was your entertaining syle that did it) that I dont go a day without seeing whats happeining at MBWORLD.

Where I do differ from you though (and from Gustav) is that I enjoy the fact that the mods allow the freedom to expresss just about anything on this forum. I feel we are better off for the discourse, and with regards to the trolls, most readers will see them for what they are, and adjust accordingly.

That of course only holds true if you continue with your sleuthing and troll bashing!

So heres to Improviz! King of Troll Trashers. Long may he live!

Siswati
Old 09-03-2005 | 03:36 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by siswati
Hey Improviz and all Improviz supporters

I am looking for a show of support from all Improviz supporters!!!!! Hell yeah I know this is childish but I really DIG your efforts at trashing these relentless trolls.

In fact it was your tireless efforts with APK103 that got me hooked to this forum - that one relentless thread got me so hooked (and it was your entertaining syle that did it) that I dont go a day without seeing whats happeining at MBWORLD.

Where I do differ from you though (and from Gustav) is that I enjoy the fact that the mods allow the freedom to expresss just about anything on this forum. I feel we are better off for the discourse, and with regards to the trolls, most readers will see them for what they are, and adjust accordingly.

That of course only holds true if you continue with your sleuthing and troll bashing!

So heres to Improviz! King of Troll Trashers. Long may he live!

Siswati
i really don't have an opinion one way or another, but get your facts straight:

He's not a troll trasher, he's a troll feeder. Trolls come here to start trouble, when you write a small novelette trying to prove them wrong, you are helping them to succeed in their goal as well as highjacking the thread. Should we just ignore them, they tend to go play elsewhere.

I do appreciate his enthusiasm though; I just wish I saw more of it more directly related to the thread to which he replies.

This is why you hear more experienced message board people say: “Please don’t feed the trolls.”
Old 09-03-2005 | 03:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Precisely DRCrowder.

As much as his efforts are well intended, he isn't going the right way of doing it.

Last time I checked, a video which shows one car (which isn't a Mercedes) beating a car (that is a Mercedes) didn't violate the TOU.

To ask that a member be banned for that very reason promotes an environment which we at MBWorld do not want. Variety of opinion is a good thing, no matter how wrong you think it is, as long as it's not in violation of the TOU.
Old 09-03-2005 | 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Precisely DRCrowder.

As much as his efforts are well intended, he isn't going the right way of doing it.
Perhaps that is because you, despite repeated complaints from myself and other forum members, have not taken positive steps to solve the problem of trolls inundating the forum.

Last time I checked, a video which shows one car (which isn't a Mercedes) beating a car (that is a Mercedes) didn't violate the TOU.
Then perhaps you might consider that your TOU are somewhat toothless. If you don't feel that someone like "The Hawk", who has posted exactly nine posts in this forum, all of which have been nothing more than flamebait containing exactly the same material has has been posted by OTHER anti-Mercedes trolls, right down to the titles of the posts, should be at the very LEAST warned that posting flamebait will not be tolerated, then why bother having moderation at all? Is it to shut down trolls, or only to shut down people with whom you disagree???

Are we as forum readers allowed to have our concerns addressed, or shall we look forward to locked threads for simply raising them??

And as I've told you in both private email and public posts, if you feel that someone who comes here ONLY to post flamebait is in any way, shape, or form contributing to this forum, I'd love to hear you express how.

But you won't express how. You arrogantly refuse to discuss the matter with the people of this forum, instead adopting a dictatorial "if you don't like it, leave" attitude which is rude and frankly unworthy of a moderator. If we, the readers of this forum, cannot address our grievances with you, the moderators, then I'd say you have bigger issues than being unable to effectively control trolling on this forum.

Do we, the users of this forum, have a right to have our grievances addressed, or not? Is your preferred system of governance democracy, or dictatorship?

Why do you refuse to answer reasonable questions and discuss this with MERCEDES ENTHUSIASTS on this forum?? This is beyond belief.

To ask that a member be banned for that very reason promotes an environment which we at MBWorld do not want. Variety of opinion is a good thing, no matter how wrong you think it is, as long as it's not in violation of the TOU.
There are other ways of shutting trolls down rather than banning them, as good moderators in other forums know. Since you don't seem to know, here's an example of how the moderators in a BMW FORUM dealt with M&M when he tried to launch a trolling campaign there:

Here are five, count 'em, five examples of how good moderation can stop trolls from posting flamebait, all from Bimerforums.com, where you will be happy to note the M&M is still a non-banned member:

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

See how easy that was? He stopped trolling after that...WITHOUT being banned. This is THE reason that moderated forums were created in the first place.

And I do have enormous respect for diversity of opinion, but this is not diversity of opinion. It is repeated trolling and flamebait, and these are different, which is why the term "trolling" came about in the first place! These guys are not here for discussion, they are here to incite and to disparage Mercedes. An open discussion is one thing, a deceitful campaign of disinformation intended to create false superiority of another brand of cars over ours is quite another.

Your TOU claim that one should not knowingly post false information. I can prove that M&M violated this dictum, numerous times, and is thus in violation of the Terms of Use. But that wouldn't make any difference either, now would it? We can't offend the trolls, now can we?

Last edited by Improviz; 09-04-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2005 | 01:24 AM
M&M

Impro, you chose a bad example man. I posted on the Kill section of a Bimmer forum (Bimmerworld). What did I post? Imaginary race tales? Hell no, I post VIDEOS. That's right videos! Of me racing my buddies & even explain what went down. All of this on a BMW race tales forum. What's wrong with what I did.

In fact I even told my buddies to go online & comment on there. The Subaru owner & the RS6 onwer. But of course the threads were locked already. Why? Well cause I posted videos of a BImmer kill on a Bimmer kill forum.

And as for MBWorld, I don't see where I have said anything derogatroy about MB in any of my posts. If I have then please feel free to post a link right now. I haven't even posted any videos or comparisons for quite a while, even though I've had lots of ammo recently. Quite pointless as whatever I post will be shot down by you as being impossible.

I wish you luck in your quest man. I shudder to think how you are going to try to take apart every single video that comes available as they will soon. But I have faith you will do a good job.
Old 09-04-2005 | 01:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Improviz, you're not banned either on those links. However those posts can also be considered trolling... or

(I'm going to quote your definiton of trolling from link 5)

A person who makes posts (on newsgroups or other forums) that are solely intended to provoke responses from others either Socratically or to cause annoyance or offense.
Consider this a warning to M&M and Hawk, as well as all other members. Don't post videos simply for the sake of causing an argument.

However, I have one for you too Improviz, please let new members try to explain themselves. Help them out, don't shut them down right when they start.

BTW: Perferred system is a democracy. When do I get to start taxing them members?
Old 09-04-2005 | 01:45 AM

Improviz,
I think the mods have done the right thing. You get too sensitive about this BMW vs. AMG thing. If the tone of the post is mature and informative, then it belongs on this forum IF it is related to MB, whether you like the message or not!
Contrary to what you think, Gustav does not have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to pro MB and anti-BMW postings on the M5board website. He will intervene when he feels that someone is posting in a rude/unprofessional manner and this is his right and I commend him for that. I have posted senselessly on the M5 website about my dislikes of the E60 M5 design and my love of my SL 55 and he has NEVER given me a single warning, because I did not offend anyone.
Old 09-04-2005 | 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
Impro, you chose a bad example man. I posted on the Kill section of a Bimmer forum (Bimmerworld). What did I post? Imaginary race tales? Hell no, I post VIDEOS. That's right videos! Of me racing my buddies & even explain what went down. All of this on a BMW race tales forum. What's wrong with what I did.
Well, DUH: according to the moderators at Bimmerworld, all five of those posts were in violation of the Terms of Use for their forums, and they correctly shut you down for violating them. But then, you already knew this, didn't you? After all, the moderators over there told you directly in those posts not to troll over there, now didn't they?

Oh, and what was wrong with people posting a video of a C32 stomping a stock M3 three times, from a roll, when you came in here and took a dump on it?

Originally Posted by M&M
And as for MBWorld, I don't see where I have said anything derogatroy about MB in any of my posts. If I have then please feel free to post a link right now. I haven't even posted any videos or comparisons for quite a while, even though I've had lots of ammo recently. Quite pointless as whatever I post will be shot down by you as being impossible.
Yawn...like your posting about your "bone stock" run in here, only to have me unroot your posting in the South Africa Audi Club Forum about mounting semi slicks on your car one week before this supposed "bone stock" run? Or trying to pass off acceleration data of an E55 avant as an E55, or posting timeslips from modified M3's in a discussion trying to establish the performance capabilities of stock ones, or....on and on and on goes the little web of deceit.

Originally Posted by M&M
I wish you luck in your quest man.
Quest? I believe it is YOU who has made a quest of trolling the Internet forums of any and all competitors to the M cars and spreading information, for over three years. Audi releases the S4: BAM, there you are, trolling the South Africa Audi Club forum *and* the Audiworld S4 forum. Audi releases the RS4 and RS6: BAM, there you are, trolling those forums too. Mercedes releases AMG cars: BAM, here you are, trolling our forums, for over a year now.

That, by any measure, is a "quest".

Originally Posted by M&M
I shudder to think how you are going to try to take apart every single video that comes available as they will soon. But I have faith you will do a good job.
Yawn...so how many years after the E55 came out and buried the E39 M5 by a full second did it take the mighty BMW to match its performance? Three, yes? Yes, the M5 may well accelerate a bit faster over 100 mph, where its two extra gears allow for more torque multiplication to produce extra force at the wheels.

But MB has already announced that the new AMG cars w/ the new 6.3L AMG motor, which will have far more torque than your M5, will be equipped with seven speed transmissions. So enjoy your rather short respite while it lasts. And given that I have yet to see any instrumented head-to-head tests of the two cars in a time-distance run, I think your predetermined conclusions are somewhat premature.
Old 09-04-2005 | 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by RezF
Improviz,
I think the mods have done the right thing. You get too sensitive about this BMW vs. AMG thing. If the tone of the post is mature and informative, then it belongs on this forum IF it is related to MB, whether you like the message or not!
Have you even bothered to read some of the crap that M&M has posted here? Have you seen how many outright lies he's been nailed in by yours truly? Again: honest discussion is one thing, but trolling with the intent of spreading disinfornation through dishonest means is quite another. This man has made a virtual career of trolling the Internet forums of any and all competitors to the M cars, with the express intent of spreading disinformation. THIS is what I object to, and it is NOT "mature and informative" to deliberately attempt to deceive people.

QUOTE=RezF]Contrary to what you think, Gustav does not have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to pro MB and anti-BMW postings on the M5board website. He will intervene when he feels that someone is posting in a rude/unprofessional manner and this is his right and I commend him for that. I have posted senselessly on the M5 website about my dislikes of the E60 M5 design and my love of my SL 55 and he has NEVER given me a single warning, because I did not offend anyone.[/QUOTE]

Contrary to what you think, gustav has shut down respected members of THIS online community for doing exactly that, and when challenged in THIS forum to present any evidence of said individual's violating their terms of service, declined to do so. He later admitted he was wrong for doing this, but only after I simply refused to allow him to duck the question, which he did, repeatedly.

Further, I engaged in a debate with one APK1013, which later spilled over into this forum, on gustav's forum. Despite APK1013 showering me with profanity and insults, gustav did not at any time during that thread admonish or chastise APK for doing so, instead jumping on me.

So you can spare me the lecture about how "fair and evenhanded" gustav is, because myself and others on the forum have experienced firsthand how "fair" he is.

Last edited by Improviz; 09-04-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2005 | 02:48 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Impoviz:

I followed many of your post related to these trolls who come in to simply bash anything related to MB or AMGs. I am a car enthusiast and do like the performance that other vehicles offer (i.e., corvette z06, M5, etc.) but those who come here with an agenda to simply trash the vehicles on this forum deserve the owning you have been dealing them. So keep it up and a word of advice to our moderators, this is an MB forum so when someone defends our vehicle from outlandish B.S., think twice in that this forum would not be what it is if people with shared interest are not kept from being bothered by these trolls. Keep it up Improviz.
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:10 AM

Improviz,
I dont understand how you can think that digging up dirt on people is going to make the alleged "trolls" go away. You should stick with the topic and leave the rest to the moderators...
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Mardeth
Improviz,
I dont understand how you can think that digging up dirt on people is going to make the alleged "trolls" go away. You should stick with the topic and leave the rest to the moderators...
No, it's good that he's taking action, we'd just rather him take the right action by reporting it to us if it violates the TOU, or you think we should take a look at it.
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Improviz, you're not banned either on those links. However those posts can also be considered trolling... or

(I'm going to quote your definiton of trolling from link 5)
A person who makes posts (on newsgroups or other forums) that are solely intended to provoke responses from others either Socratically or to cause annoyance or offense.
A rather liberal interpretation of my post and my intentions. My posts over there were to simply respond to M&M's continued disinformation campaign, *and* to inform people that he'd been at this for years, all over the world.

I mean, honestly: have you really kept up on what this guy's done since he's been coming here?? Take a look through his threads, and see the tactics he's using. His intent is not to inform, it is to misinform and savage the reputation of Mercedes AMGs, and any other competitors to the BMW M cars. This is clearly intended to cause annoyance or offense, and he bloody well knows it annoys and offends people.

Consider this a warning to M&M and Hawk, as well as all other members. Don't post videos simply for the sake of causing an argument.
Thank you!!

However, I have one for you too Improviz, please let new members try to explain themselves. Help them out, don't shut them down right when they start.
Well, with "The Hawk", I did have my suspicions. Why? Well, I invite you to click on the following list of threads started by "The Hawk", M&M, and Gabri343. Gee, there seems to be an amazing amount of commonality in their selection of posting material, and gosh, they do tend towards using the same titles in many of their posts.

Threads started by gabri343:

Threads started by The Hawk:

Threads started by M&M:

So they may not share the same IPs, but they do seem to have a propensity towards telepathy...or this is being coordinated. Free negative advertising to undermine one's compeitor...this would not be the first time of an Internet forum used in such a fashion, and I find it hard to swallow that these guys are doing this solely for their own amusement.

BTW: Perferred system is a democracy. When do I get to start taxing them members?
Hmm, an estate tax on an estate wagon???
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

I tend to take liberal interpretations of things posted online because it's similair to a worst case scenario. I can always say later, oh, I didn't know you didn't mean for it to go that far.. which is the case here.

Telepathy might be correct, or just a bunch of friends, but my sources are quite sure that Hawk isn't behind a proxy and is located in Italy and M&M isn't behind a proxy and located in S. Africa. I have no grounds to ban him under registering multiple names for the same user.

Estate tax on an estate wagon.. what about a flat tax rate...
or get some mbworld decals
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I tend to take liberal interpretations of things posted online because it's similair to a worst case scenario. I can always say later, oh, I didn't know you didn't mean for it to go that far.. which is the case here.
Lol, agreed.

Telepathy might be correct, or just a bunch of friends, but my sources are quite sure that Hawk isn't behind a proxy and is located in Italy and M&M isn't behind a proxy and located in S. Africa. I have no grounds to ban him under registering multiple names for the same user.
It did catch my eye when The Hawk claimed to be from Italy, which just so happens to be the home of gabri343, who made his last post about two weeks before The Hawk flew into our orbit....which when coupled with the Hawk's propensity to basically repost stuff that gabri had already posted, did raise my eyebrows....wouldn't be the first sock puppet we've seen 'round these parts (ENARANG comes to mind).

Estate tax on an estate wagon.. what about a flat tax rate...
or get some mbworld decals
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

I did a complete IP check of gabri343 and he's located in Italy, however, he has gone through a proxy in Manchester England a few times.

The Hawk and Gabri343 might be the same person. I'm seeing the same block with only a few variations in the class D designation.

I'm watching The Hawk and Gabri343 closely.
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:57 AM

04 E55
Regardless of who starts what. I don't support improviz one bit.

If fact, I think several poster on this forum should be banned.

People have different opinion about cars. As long as its related to the Mercedes, good or bad. IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED.

I don't see a problem with what M&M posted, because the video did show a E55. Last time i checked, this is an E55 forum.

To Rick,

I think is is an absolute BS for you to issue warning to M&M and hawk. Why can't a video be posted? Who turned the thread into argument? Improviz did!!

A car is simple a car, and has it drawback. What is so special about owning an AMG? IS AMG SUCH A GOD CREATION THAT YOU CAN'T POST A VIDEO SHOWS IT LOST TO A M5?

People like Improviz should grow up. You as a admin should be promoting maturity of response, not kill the freedom of speech. Your action is simply no better than what **** or communist has done.

If improviz can't learn to be mature and have a serious discussion, then he should be the one that is banned. Instead, Rick you take the most biased route.

A forum will be a better place if different voice is heard. By taking that away, what difference is this forum from any kind of brainwash.
Old 09-04-2005 | 04:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by krispykrme
Regardless of who starts what. I don't support improviz one bit.

If fact, I think several poster on this forum should be banned.

Tell me who you think should be banned with reasons, you can easily send me a PM

People have different opinion about cars. As long as its related to the Mercedes, good or bad. IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED.

I don't see a problem with what M&M posted, because the video did show a E55. Last time i checked, this is an E55 forum.

Thing is though, it was really started on to intigate an argument.

To Rick,

I think is is an absolute BS for you to issue warning to M&M and hawk. Why can't a video be posted? Who turned the thread into argument? Improviz did!!

You have to look at the intent of Improviz, is it to really start an argument, or to defend his car and/or help the forum. I'd say the latter!

A car is simple a car, and has it drawback. What is so special about owning an AMG? IS AMG SUCH A GOD CREATION THAT YOU CAN'T POST A VIDEO SHOWS IT LOST TO A M5?

You can, and if you back it up with something, that makes your point of view all the more credible. It's like me going over to m5board.com and posting a message that says "My E55 blows the M5 out of the water". Trust me, it won't be well recieved, but if I posted "My E55 ran agianst a M5, here's the results, here's what I think happened, blah blah blah" and actually participate in the community actively, you'll know for sure that I won't even have the slightest hint of being called a troll.

People like Improviz should grow up. You as a admin should be promoting maturity of response, not kill the freedom of speech. Your action is simply no better than what **** or communist has done.

I am promoting a maturity of response, which is why I also issued a warning to him as well.
And on another note, there is no freedom of speech on this site. I'm sure you understand why. Please don't compare me to a **** or a communist.

If improviz can't learn to be mature and have a serious discussion, then he should be the one that is banned. Instead, Rick you take the most biased route.

Why should Improviz be banned? Because he has taken the time to read the posts of various people, possibly unveiling someone who has re-registered under another name simply to cause an argument? I'm not taking the biased route, how are you going to look at it?

A forum will be a better place if different voice is heard. By taking that away, what difference is this forum from any kind of brainwash.
You know I'm a proponent of variety of opinions.
Old 09-04-2005 | 04:37 AM

04 E55
You know I'm a proponent of variety of opinions.
See here is what I have problem with your comment.

So you believe/thought that intent of improviz is nice and defend the forum why you think intent of M&M, hawk, mike HK.... are to start an argument.

You are interpreting instead of looking things subjectively.

I have made numerous negative comment about E55. Everytime, people like improviz, peteB, belmondo would release childish response.

So based on your interpretation of things, I am simply posting to starting an argument.

While people like improviz, peteB (before he moved on), and belmondo, by you interpretation is based on defending the forum.

This is what I have problem with. Because as an admin, i don't think you can interprete intention of others. Doing so is simply censorship. I don't want to compare you to a ****. But this is the way i feel.

I really think people like improviz should simply chill. If you don't think post made by M&M is correct, then respond it with class and maturity. People can disagree and that's what make the world innovate. If anyone thinks the same, then there is no room for improvement.

Just my 2 pennies worth.
Old 09-04-2005 | 04:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by krispykrme
See here is what I have problem with your comment.

So you believe/thought that intent of improviz is nice and defend the forum why you think intent of M&M, hawk, mike HK.... are to start an argument.

Obviously in this situation. I have to take things in a case by case basis.

You are interpreting instead of looking things subjectively.

I have made numerous negative comment about E55. Everytime, people like improviz, peteB, belmondo would release childish response.

Did you back it up? Or did you mean it in a way where a large percentage of people would look at you and think to themselves, 'troll.'

So based on your interpretation of things, I am simply posting to starting an argument.

While people like improviz, peteB (before he moved on), and belmondo, by you interpretation is based on defending the forum.

In their cases, they might have just been arguing, in which as long as it was mature, there would be nothing I would do. If they were out of line, you can bet your car I'd warn them.

This is what I have problem with. Because as an admin, i don't think you can interprete intention of others. Doing so is simply censorship. I don't want to compare you to a ****. But this is the way i feel.

So interpreting is not being subjective? Everyone on this forum who posts actively and participates is human, being subjective and interpreting is human. Right now I subjectively interpret your post as a mature argument, because you have taken the time to reply. If you had said, 'ricky sucks' then I'd probably give you a severe warning and consult other staff members on what to do. I am not censoring anyone.

I really think people like improviz should simply chill. If you don't think post made by M&M is correct, then respond it with class and maturity. People can disagree and that's what make the world innovate. If anyone thinks the same, then there is no room for improvement.

So do I, which is why I gave him a warning, and an alternate path to take when he encounters other people who he might consider a troll. He did respond to the initial post (M5 beating E55 chipped) thread with a mature (albiet harsh) reply. Although it wasn't the best way to do it, it was still mature. However, I'm not defending what Improviz did. I have told him what to do if he encounters it further, and even said that he can PM me (which I prefer, I can get stuff done faster that way).

Just my 2 pennies worth.
I'm sure our thoughts are worth a lot more than two cents.
Old 09-04-2005 | 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Cool Dealing with the Mujahideen

I fail to understand why the M5 enthusiasts keep coming back to this E55 forum to be ridiculed.

Heck I just ordered a 750Li, the last thing on my mind would be to visit the S-class board or the A8 community to attempt to educate members to understand why I think my BMW is superior.

So many lonely souls with strange priorities these days. I'm behind Improviz all the way. It's good to keep these fanatics off the streets forcing them to spend more time in front of a computer instead.

Mujahideen (also transliterated as mujahedeen, mujahedin, mujahidin, mujaheddin, etc.) is a plural form of mujahid, which literally translates from Arabic as "struggler", someone who engages in jihad, or "struggle", but is often translated as "holy warrior".
Old 09-04-2005 | 09:29 AM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
For the sake of ignorance-fuelled politics lets not bring Islam or extremists into mbworld.

On the thread, GO IMPROVIZ !
Old 09-04-2005 | 01:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
The decisions of the moderators/administrators, or the Terms of Use are not an open item for debate in the public forums. If anyone has an issue with a decision that has been made, contact one of us privately and we can discuss. Making an issue of it in an open forum does not help your case.

This thread is now closed.