W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Extra Power ?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
Free Extra Power ?!?!?!

I have owned my car for about 3 weeks now and have kind of been use to the feeling of the power of the car but today I had a weird experience..... I bought a Euro command for my car and had it installed today and per instructions it says to disconnect the battery via negative term. so the installer did and had it unplugged for about 15 mins, put my car back together and I was on my way, leaving the shop I had to make a U-Turn and when I stepped on the gas a little I almost did a 360 ! the cars rear end almost came around ! So on the way home I was playing with the car and noticed that the car was a little more responsive then before. I have some heavy 20" chrome wheels and I kept losing traction on the way home by giving it some gas and it would break loose.

I used to own a lexus gs400 and on the lexus forums they did talk about resetting the ecu every now and then because the car has to relearn your driving patterns so for some reason it runs better but I think gas milage was a little worse until the ecu figured out what to do. Is this possible ?? Can it be true ?? Can somebody who knows chime in ?? Also if anybody is going to the track to try and run your car first then pull the negative of the battery for a few mins then run again to see if it did make a difference.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Yes euro command adds 20 hp. didnt u know?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:46 PM

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...ight=reset+ecu

That is the link to the tread on clublexus regarding the ecu resetting
Old 09-22-2005, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
If you disconnect the battery you have to reset the ESP by turning the steering wheel to both both sides, clock to clock. The car will still have to learn everything from your throttle response to the adaptive abilities of your transmission.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
If you disconnect the battery you have to reset the ESP by turning the steering wheel to both both sides, clock to clock. The car will still have to learn everything from your throttle response to the adaptive abilities of your transmission.

So does than mean IT DOES WORK ???
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
It sure does work. I still say get rid of those 20" rims for some more lightweight 20" or some 19" with PS2 rubber.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
It sure does work. I still say get rid of those 20" rims for some more lightweight 20" or some 19" with PS2 rubber.

I am going to keep the wheel and put some drag radials on my stockers for the track

Trending Topics

Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I always wondered if the ECU of these cars was adaptive. It seems like when I drive my father's car its much more jumpy and responsive. I guess he's a little more conservative than I am So what exactly resets when the battery is disconnected? Is it a hassle to get the car back to normal?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:27 AM

2002 MB E55 AMG
Doesn't the lock-to-lock steering wheel turn only reset the steering angle sensors? Not the ESP??

TJC
Old 09-23-2005, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
It resets the steering angle sensors, ESP, BAS. I had this happen to me and I had the ESP light on all the time, called Tele-Aid and the tech over the phone told me to turn the steering wheel clock to clock and it will reset by itself. Sure enough, it worked.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:39 PM

E350 Sport Package
Originally Posted by Cosm
I have owned my car for about 3 weeks now and have kind of been use to the feeling of the power of the car but today I had a weird experience..... I bought a Euro command for my car and had it installed today and per instructions it says to disconnect the battery via negative term. so the installer did and had it unplugged for about 15 mins, put my car back together and I was on my way, leaving the shop I had to make a U-Turn and when I stepped on the gas a little I almost did a 360 ! the cars rear end almost came around ! So on the way home I was playing with the car and noticed that the car was a little more responsive then before. I have some heavy 20" chrome wheels and I kept losing traction on the way home by giving it some gas and it would break loose.

I used to own a lexus gs400 and on the lexus forums they did talk about resetting the ecu every now and then because the car has to relearn your driving patterns so for some reason it runs better but I think gas milage was a little worse until the ecu figured out what to do. Is this possible ?? Can it be true ?? Can somebody who knows chime in ?? Also if anybody is going to the track to try and run your car first then pull the negative of the battery for a few mins then run again to see if it did make a difference.
What is Euro Command? Did you need to enter the sercert key before you can operate the radio??
Old 09-23-2005, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Originally Posted by baubaulu
What is Euro Command? Did you need to enter the sercert key before you can operate the radio??
Euro COMAND is simply the European version of COMAND.