Sponsored by:

Anyone from Calabasas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Flint Grey E55
Anyone from Calabasas?

Is anyone in this thread from Calabasas so they can teach me how to drive my beast? So noobie at driving such a beast

-Roo
Old 10-03-2005, 09:38 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Line yourself up to go the AMG Challenge. That'll teach ya.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 PM

2008 Z06
He's 16 he wouldn't be able to. WHICH SUCKs! I'm 18 and I can't either. You gotta be 21 to do it.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:04 AM

A SL55 delivered 8/18/07, and an E55 wagon delivered 5/11/05
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
He's 16 he wouldn't be able to. WHICH SUCKs! I'm 18 and I can't either. You gotta be 21 to do it.
16 & 18 yr olds should not be driving an E55 to much car not enough driving experiance my 2cents (holy crap I just relized there is no symble for cent in my keyboard) Wolf
Old 10-04-2005, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Hey if their parents can afford it for them and they work for it, which both these guys seem to be doing so, then who are we to be saying that they should not be driving E55's. Just my opinion though.

They get top notch grades, and seem to be doing the right things for their parents to trust them with $80K cars.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
Is anyone in this thread from Calabasas so they can teach me how to drive my beast? So noobie at driving such a beast

-Roo
Skipbarber.com

bondurant.com

these school are great and they will teach you a lot more than the amg school. The amg school is nice but its part learning and party bragging rights. Take something like the 2 day driving and then the 3 day racing at bondurant and you will know a whole lot more about how to drive your beast. You do the 2 day driving school and the car control clinic at skipbarber.com
Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Out Of Control!

-Roo
Lend me your car and i'll teach you have to drive it!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf
16 & 18 yr olds should not be driving an E55 to much car not enough driving experiance my 2cents (holy crap I just relized there is no symble for cent in my keyboard) Wolf

When I think about how hard these cars pull and how much mph they build in so little time and road, it is kind of scary to picture a 16 year old piloting it. But hey, if they can swing that kind of car at their age, good for them. I thought I was cool at 25 with a CLS55.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:06 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
I recommend Bondurant as well. They'll teach you well. You have the reflexes at your age, you just need to learn good judgement and some skills. Most people, even at double or triple your age don't even have that sometimes. And if you start with good habits now, it's so much better than training you out of bad ones later.

They'll teach you the skillset you need as well as good judgement.

I took the Executive Protection/Hostage Evasion course there (5 days) and I highly recommend it.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:17 PM

2005 Flint Grey E55
Thanks for all your help again. But i thought maybe someone from MBWORLD.org who lives near me would be able to just show me the basics.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 PM

'04 E500
teach you to drive?

Thanks for all your help again. But i thought maybe someone from MBWORLD.org who lives near me would be able to just show me the basics.
Just floor it & experiment! You should really hit up one of the events at Willow Springs, only 1hr away... that'll teach you how to drive your 'beast'!

Looks like you or your dad has the C4S, which has decent power as well...and it's one of the AWD's that I like alot, aside from Audi's Quattro system.

What exactly are you looking for, as far as guidance? A good driver can take an E500 around a track just as fast as a bad driver in an E55. I know I'll hear from ppl in regards to this, but it's true.

Good luck...and if you really need some help, let me know... I'm not far away.

-=PCH=-
Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 AM

2005 Flint Grey E55
Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
Good luck...and if you really need some help, let me know... I'm not far away.

-=PCH=-
Yea, that'd be awesome maybe on a Sunday morning. Do you live in Malibu?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf

I agree 100%. Although the E55 is filled with electronic nannies, it's way too much car for someone without a lot of driving experience.

And that's my 2¢
Old 10-06-2005, 07:08 PM
NuG

PM sent

Last edited by NuG; 10-06-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
i have every road in the santa monica mountains memorized like the back of my hand (who the hell knows whats on the back of their hand anyhow???) but I sure hope no one wants to teach you to drive on them. I have been yelled at many times on this board for driving to fast on these roads but I pray you dont want someoen to let you free on them with no skill.

Take it easy and go to a racing school. No one can teach you these things on the street. Car control needs huge amounts of open space. Maybe start with a auto cross event then go to a slow track day then work up to something fast like the big track at willow.

Oh god im not going to start a E500 vs E55 debate PCH

LOL
Old 10-12-2005, 06:14 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Yea, that'd be awesome maybe on a Sunday morning. Do you live in Malibu?
Hold up here. Your 16 and your parents have bought you over 200K in cars. I'm sorry, but work for it by earning good grades or what not your parents really are doing a bad job at parenting. Aside from just the overall price tag they bought you (which I might say even if their worth billions it just sets a bad example) they got you two high performance cars a E55 and Carrera 4S. If I were a parent that and had a 16 year-old son I would be thinking two things if I got him either of those cars. The first being I'm going to get a call in the middle of the night telling me my son is in jail and I need to go bail him out or the second I get a call asking me to come down to the morgue to identify my sons body.

Lastly, I can see by you wanting to drive it fast and you also recognizing that you have no skill in how to do so that the two above scenarios are both very likely. I just hope you don't harm anyone else in doing so.

If anyone wants to flame me on this fine. But I know what I'm talking about. I went to a high school that a lot of very wealthly people sent there children and in my time there 2 of them died, 8 got arrested and 1 of them kill another person by illegal street racing or reckless driving. Not to mention the almost weekly accidents you would hear about that so and so was involved in. Teenagers should not be driving high performance cars period.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
Hold up here. Your 16 and your parents have bought you over 200K in cars. I'm sorry, but work for it by earning good grades or what not your parents really are doing a bad job at parenting. Aside from just the overall price tag they bought you (which I might say even if their worth billions it just sets a bad example) they got you two high performance cars a E55 and Carrera 4S. If I were a parent that and had a 16 year-old son I would be thinking two things if I got him either of those cars. The first being I'm going to get a call in the middle of the night telling me my son is in jail and I need to go bail him out or the second I get a call asking me to come down to the morgue to identify my sons body.

Lastly, I can see by you wanting to drive it fast and you also recognizing that you have no skill in how to do so that the two above scenarios are both very likely. I just hope you don't harm anyone else in doing so.
What he said...
Old 10-12-2005, 04:59 PM

AKxSpyO - would your car happen to be a tectite grey-ish color? I saw a young guy driving an e55 the other day on the 101 out by the Chesebro exit, was that you? You should come out to our EuroSunday meet in Calabasas on October 30th, I'm sure someone can teach you there .
Old 10-12-2005, 05:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
You guys are just jealous you didnt have these cars when you were 16. If you were handed/offered one, your telling me you would actually turn it down?
Old 10-12-2005, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by RawAMGpower

If anyone wants to flame me on this fine. But I know what I'm talking about. I went to a high school that a lot of very wealthly people sent there children and in my time there 2 of them died, 8 got arrested and 1 of them kill another person by illegal street racing or reckless driving. Not to mention the almost weekly accidents you would hear about that so and so was involved in. Teenagers should not be driving high performance cars period.
I know what i'm talking about and you're wrong. There is no need to be coming here telling people that their parents are bringing them up wrong. Know the story first before saying such things.

His parents are hard working parents that brought this kid up right. Taught him all the right moral, ethics, principals. I don't think any kids can be guided and brought up better than he was. While his friends are out doing drugs, messing up in school, and what not. He's at home with his face in the books and getting what he has to do as a student and son done.

First off...the C4s isn't his car nor does he drive it around because it's his fathers car (with the exception of his father's consent). Secondly, the reason he has the e55 (which he well deserves as he helps his parents at work and had a 4.0gpa all thoughout highschool) is because his parents needed a car to drive around for a while themselves. The car is basically a VERY nice hand-me-down (keep in mind they got this car thinking it'd be safer and for him to take around his younger siblings. even though yes there might of been better choices, but that was up to them). Thirdly, i don't know andrew as one to go around "street racing." He's the most responsible teenager i know and him F***ing up would come with a consequence of a nice *** whooping from his parents AND me

no offense to anyone, but it seems like the flaming comes from the one's who have some jealousy.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:16 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by danielskshin
I know what i'm talking about and you're wrong. There is no need to be coming here telling people that their parents are bringing them up wrong. Know the story first before saying such things.
Uh sorry there is a need to tell someone there parents are bringing them up wrong if they receive a high powered car as a first car and then want to know how to drive it extremely fast, illegally mind you, on city streets and highways putting other peoples lives in danger.

His parents are hard working parents that brought this kid up right. Taught him all the right moral, ethics, principals. I don't think any kids can be guided and brought up better than he was. While his friends are out doing drugs, messing up in school, and what not. He's at home with his face in the books and getting what he has to do as a student and son done.

First off...the C4s isn't his car nor does he drive it around because it's his fathers car (with the exception of his father's consent). Secondly, the reason he has the e55 (which he well deserves as he helps his parents at work and had a 4.0gpa all thoughout highschool) is because his parents needed a car to drive around for a while themselves. The car is basically a VERY nice hand-me-down (keep in mind they got this car thinking it'd be safer and for him to take around his younger siblings. even though yes there might of been better choices, but that was up to them). Thirdly, i don't know andrew as one to go around "street racing." He's the most responsible teenager i know and him F***ing up would come with a consequence of a nice *** whooping from his parents AND me
Well, then if you put it that way he got cheated his parents should of got him a F430 or and SLR or heck they should get him a new car of his choosing each month because he is such a good boy. Common here my parents are hard workers and very successful too and when I was in high school I had a GPA of 3.8. If they chose to they could of easily bought whatever car I wanted, but they felt it irresponible to just buy me something really expensive just so I could show off. Not to mention something with 469hp and 516tq they would of never approved even if the car was $5K. I know you feel a E55 for a 16 year-old like this is a well deserved gift, but I in no way see your logic . It in my opinion is a bad parenting choice. Lastly, why are you defending him or are you him?

no offense to anyone, but it seems like the flaming comes from the one's who have some jealousy.
Jealousy! Uh sorry I have zero jealousy of this kid. If I wanted to I could buy a E55 several times over. What I do have is concern, because I live in the same city as this kid and I don't want him to come barreling into me or someone I know at 100MPH plus!

Last edited by RawAMGpower; 10-13-2005 at 04:47 AM.