Sponsored by:

Poor MB Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
Poor MB Service

Just had my E55 in to the Dealer for vibration when braking. Dealer told me the rotors were "warped, and some evidence of cracking" ??? Is this really supposed to happen in a $100K+ German car? They told me it was not covered by warranty and charged $900 for new rotors and pads. should this be covered by warranty? I only have 25,000 miles. I also just noticed tonight they scratched the s@#$ out of my calipers....not very happy
Old 10-09-2005, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
FAR from being covered by warranty. Members with similar situation of yours have gone through the same thing. Consider yourself lucky it happened 'only' at 25,000 miles as others have gotten less than that.

As for me, 26,000+ miles and still going strong.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jparch
Just had my E55 in to the Dealer for vibration when braking. Dealer told me the rotors were "warped, and some evidence of cracking" ??? Is this really supposed to happen in a $100K+ German car? They told me it was not covered by warranty and charged $900 for new rotors and pads. should this be covered by warranty? I only have 25,000 miles. I also just noticed tonight they scratched the s@#$ out of my calipers....not very happy
John,

Its not covered under warranty because they claim it is due to excessive hard driving. If they wanted you to pay for the new rotors you should have bought the EVO directional rotors.. Better quality, lighter, and better for cooling of the brakes.

Which dealer did you go to?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
I was told my front pads and rotors were shot at 15,000 due to cracks from "excessive heat, brought on by high speed driving". I was not happy. Like you cost just about 1K. The new rotors were as noisy as hell so I brought it back in. Twice. The second time they said they were defective and just replaced everything. I now have about 3,000 miles on this set and I am starting to feel a vibration in the steering wheel when I apply the brakes. I swear to God, if they tell me the rotors are shot at 3,000 miles I might drive the car thru the front window of the dealership. I don't track the car and the warning light has never come on. I am convinced more and more that these brakes are "more show than go". It's joke that they market the car as they do and then tell you, "oh you're driving the car too hard". If i'm told that they need to be replaced, I will probably go for the Evo brakes.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:19 PM

vrus, i went to Midtown Mercedes. They really messed-up my calipers, the driver's side has multiple scratches all over.

cte430 , i agree 100%. they market the car as they do but you can't brake from 150km/hr without warping them????? poor service indeed!!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:07 PM

2005 E55 Black
If they scratched your calipers make them replace them and eat the cost. There is no excuse for damaging components on your car when taken in for service. That is a classic case of "I don't give a sh*t" by the mechanic. I wouldn't have left the dealership after the job was done until they agreed to remedy. By holding them accountable management will start getting on their mechanics to be more careful when they start losing money due to carelessness.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Almost a Member!

06 E55 AMG
Well said!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Took the beast in today, once they saw the calipers 2 were ordered no questions asked!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jparch
Took the beast in today, once they saw the calipers 2 were ordered no questions asked!!!
Hey John,

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:32 PM

04 E55
After Driving 6000km from Vancouver to Ontario and back from Ontario to Vancouver (plus while in Ontario) while driving of speeds over 220km and braking alot during those times; my brake pads finally came to an end. The pads where so worn. It actually started squeaking and was very annoying. I brought my car in for service for other things and they replaced the pads for me at no cost even tho it was worn down to around 15%. My Service advisor put a note for warranty that it had about 45-50% but was squeaking and making noises. Also, they checked my thermostat and ordered an new one. The last dealer I had it at checked the thermostat but didn't think anything was wrong with it. Also when my car was there, and since I have the EURO Command, I told him that nothing was to be updated to the Command. He had a big Note across the windshield saying "DO NOT STAR DIAGNOSE OR UPDATE ANYTHING WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE OR APPROVAL" He showed it to me when I dropped by to check out the car. When I got the car back, for the first day, the brakes where just fine but the second day it started squeaking again even tho the pads where brand new. So I called up the SA and told him about it. He said drop by and take his mechanic for a ride. After the ride, I seen my SA and they told me he'll just order new rotors for me under warranty and do the work when the other stuff that's on order comes in.