W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All you Kleemanized and Evosport tuned E55!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
All you Kleemanized and Evosport tuned E55!

How long do you think tuned 550hp+ engine and supercharger will last?

let the discussion begin!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Not as long as stock ... how much less ? We shall see.

Headers and non invasive non-boost increasing mods should have minimal impact - more boost = more stress = less life. Sounds familiar ??!!

Rgds Steve.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by BoBcanada

Seeing as none of us have any technical data then it hardly makes any difference what I think.

Let's face it ... the whole engine lives and dies depending on the piston rings. If they chip or crack then the linings or valves can take a really fatal turn for the worse and it would be only a minutes before the engine detonates on a jammed piston or the exhuast explodes.

So I would like to know more about the piston rings since it seems quite likely that the rest of the engine can take the heat and stress. There is a factor of 10 tolerance in most of the engine components.

What I do know is that most people with high performance mods are silly enough to think that the ASSYST oil and engine service interval is still the same length. I would be personally changing the oil every 5000 miles. or whatever 50% is for the indicated interval. That includes the oil filters and engine air filters.

I have seen crappy rice mobiles travel 500,000 Km if the oil changes were done 2X more often than indicated. That was on an engine known for blowing smoke after 150,000Km and this car was running smoothly with no signs of obvious problems.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,069 Likes on 857 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
The mods should have very little affect on the engine's longevity. You are only under boost maybe 2% of the time you are driving, unless you are a track junky, and the rest is spent under vacuum with the blower not pulling any power or causing any extra wear and tear. However, if you car was a high compression very tightly wound motor, it would be under those stresses all the time. That's why forced induction motors are so nice. You get the benifit of running under vacuum with a low compression/low stress engine and you have the power there if you want it to use.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600

No offense dude, but sometimes your questions are stupid as heck.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
No offense dude, but sometimes your questions are stupid as heck.

so to recap the orininal posters question... I think hes talking to people with pulleys not bling bling mods. So looks like you dont apply here. Its a good question none the less. People who have a 90k car and 10k in go fast parts might want the car to last 100k miles!

Scary thing is that MiroJ (aka benzmod) actually made a nice post for once and I have to agree with what he said. Bottom end on the AMG motor should be fine with 550 hp. But I think once you start pushing 650 hp you are going to have a much shorter engine life. I honestly forget is the MKB 620 hp kit has built internals. I think it did.

But MiroJ does need to drop that attitude. He hung himself once around here and might want to actually attract his customers with a polite attitude. Yes MiroJ we are all to dumb to service our cars. I for one never listen to the stupid computer for my services. Its 3k mile oil changes and 10k mile b services for me.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Out Of Control!

It'll last more than 100,000 plus miles!
Old 10-13-2005, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32

so to recap the orininal posters question... I think hes talking to people with pulleys not bling bling mods. So looks like you dont apply here. Its a good question none the less. People who have a 90k car and 10k in go fast parts might want the car to last 100k miles!

Scary thing is that MiroJ (aka benzmod) actually made a nice post for once and I have to agree with what he said. Bottom end on the AMG motor should be fine with 550 hp. But I think once you start pushing 650 hp you are going to have a much shorter engine life. I honestly forget is the MKB 620 hp kit has built internals. I think it did.

But MiroJ does need to drop that attitude. He hung himself once around here and might want to actually attract his customers with a polite attitude. Yes MiroJ we are all to dumb to service our cars. I for one never listen to the stupid computer for my services. Its 3k mile oil changes and 10k mile b services for me.
Why would someone get these mods if they didn't think they were going to last the lifetime of the car or at least until they were done with the car and ready to move onto another vehicle? It's a stupid question because you think the modders will say, "Oh, it will probably go for 4,000 miles or so." No! They paid for the mods and expect them to last a LONG LONG time.

I don't need any performance mods, my car is fast enough for a daily driver. If you want to talk performance mods, we can talk about my Viper. I'm sure it will beat any car you own, my friend.

You need to keep your mouth shut before you get into any more trouble. I see that big ole mouth has already gotten you on probation here on the forums. No wait, as a matter of fact, keep talking on blabbing on. When you're banned, I sure as heck won't miss you.

Last edited by MBAMGPWR; 10-13-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR

You need to keep your mouth shut before you get into any more trouble. I see that big ole mouth has already gotten you on probation here on the forums. No wait, as a matter of fact, keep talking on blabbing on. When you're banned, I sure as heck won't miss you.

Dood if you think this question is stupid then just dont read my topics or just stfu and dont answer! Noone gonna ban me ok?

I aksed this question wondering what can go wrong with this engine after 100.000 kms or so.... i dont see nothing stupid in it...
Old 10-13-2005, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Dood if you think this question is stupid then just dont read my topics or just stfu and dont answer! Noone gonna ban me ok?

I aksed this question wondering what can go wrong with this engine after 100.000 kms or so.... i dont see nothing stupid in it...
I wasn't talking to you about getting banned, genius. Did you see who I quoted (clue: it wasn't you). In summary, you are not smart.

Also, I don't see where these are the same questions:

a. How long do you think tuned 550hp+ engine and supercharger will last?

b. What can go wrong with this engine after 100.000 kms or so?

Maybe I'm blind, dunno.

Last edited by MBAMGPWR; 10-13-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32

so to recap the orininal posters question... I think hes talking to people with pulleys not bling bling mods. So looks like you dont apply here.
Recapping a two line post?

I didn't see anywhere that it said only those with non "bling bling mods" discuss. Do you really think that the only people that have any real/good information for this topic or discussion are those that currently have a performance modded vehicle? You obviously saw more than I in his original post.