My 635 mile trip in my M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rock
No, I have to disagree!!! Krispy has changed his ways. He now truly appreciates the E55.
Rekindled Love

Krispy wrote THAT???????????????????

Damn....I guess there is hope for humanity after all...or maybe the voodoo doll & that chicken I sacrificed did the trick after all!
Old 11-06-2005, 05:36 PM

In my honest opinion he wasnt unreasonable about it. There are valid points. He didnt shout something like "MBZ ARE FUGLY!!Y!11!Y M5 PWNS U 4LL!!" or whatever. So I dont think he deserves to be called fatty etc.

I do think there are maybe too many M5 threads here, this is after all like you said a MB forum, all M5 related should be under one thread...
Old 11-06-2005, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by Improviz

Krispy wrote THAT???????????????????

Damn....I guess there is hope for humanity after all...or maybe the voodoo doll & that chicken I sacrificed did the trick after all!
LOL!
Old 11-06-2005, 08:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by mashimaro1985
=) he has one point right though! e55 doesnt handle as well as the m5 period.

but other then that factor ^^ the e55 out shines m5 in every other way. COZ THE M5 LOOKS LIKE LIKE ****
...is this the vaunted return of Mr. "Mashedpotato"?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by vixapphire
...is this the vaunted return of Mr. "Mashedpotato"?

LOL, I beleive it is! :p

https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/120996-cls55-beverly-hills-benz-service-engine-problem.html

Last edited by VelocitE55; 11-06-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mardeth
In my honest opinion he wasnt unreasonable about it. There are valid points. He didnt shout something like "MBZ ARE FUGLY!!Y!11!Y M5 PWNS U 4LL!!" or whatever. So I dont think he deserves to be called fatty etc.
Well, again: if this were an isolated case, yeah, but this guy's been on this long-standing tirade for several months now, and it's getting tiresome...plus, if you look at his posting history, you can see that generally, anyone who disagrees with him generally gets subjected to a torrent of insults, name calling, etc...which is what he did to me, which is when I started calling him fatty, etc...after him calling me names several times, it was like (shrug shoulders) OK, if this is the level he wants, so be it...

Originally Posted by Mardeth
I do think there are maybe too many M5 threads here, this is after all like you said a MB forum, all M5 related should be under one thread...
Yeah, and some of these guys have made a virtual career out of it...just weird, frankly....I mean, shoot, I like lots of cars, not just Mercedes, I just can't stand people who constantly try to put others' toys down...can't people just feel good about whatever it is they own without having to **** on others' birthday cakes? Sheesh...
Old 11-09-2005, 07:00 PM

none
Originally Posted by mashimaro1985
=) he has one point right though! e55 doesnt handle as well as the m5 period.

but other then that factor ^^ the e55 out shines m5 in every other way. COZ THE M5 LOOKS LIKE LIKE ****

MASH-PO-TATERS Returns!!!!

I cant believe the mods let you back, they must need a good laugh
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Originally Posted by VelocitE55

Oh man, thanks for that link. My sides hurt. :p
Old 11-09-2005, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
YOUR sides hurt? Just click this link! Its the same guy apparently!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...32&postcount=4

Brought to us by our friend and fellow enthusiast, Improviz, for our viewing pleasure!!!!

Last edited by VelocitE55; 11-09-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Yes, an Improviz classic. It didn't register before, but that's gotta be the same guy.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:16 AM

2008 S63
This thread is just like hundreds of others on this forum. And its the main reason why I never post here. Its a sausage fest in here, you might as well be debating the camry vs accord. Improviz and cronie pack: Your arguments are no longer even validated by inserting personal comments regarding the original posters weight, user name, etc. The fact that some of you have searched the internet, found a picture, opened photoshop, edited it to preference, and them posted it makes you look like an idiot, and discredits any argument you present no matter how knowledgable you may be. And the fact that you go around putting everyone in their place just screams that you have nothing better to do than be on this forum correcting people. I mean researching threads from 03? Give me a break! So I guess my question to you: WHY IS IT WORTH IT TO YOU?

Back to the topic at hand: Personally, I believe the M5 to be a better car as well. After extensive driving on a track I acutally think that the E55 is more dangerous to drive, just because it's handeling is so much less involving and predictible than the M5. Its much easier to get into trouble in the w211. On the track, which is where the M5 belongs, it shines. On the road, I'd take the E55 everyday, all day over the M5. The simple fact that you can barely get over 200miles on a tank with the M5 shows how the M5 isn't developed with practicality in mind. I'm pretty old fashioned, and I hate all the techno-gadgets on the M5. I can't stand them. Enough to not want to drop 90 some-odd grand on it. I'd rather have something much more simple. This what I really appreciate about the E55, stomp and go. Too bad they don't have a 6-spd, or I'd be in heaven!

Perhaps this wasn't the place to post up a review and comparo of the M5 and e55, but if it isn't, than I don't know what is. Whats wrong with stepping off your high horse and considering somebody else's POV without getting personal and worked up? Everybody who subscribes to this thread and rebuttles after every post (aka off-topic personal flame) needs to step back, take a look at themselves in the mirror, and say "its just the internet" If I made chill pills and sold them every time the letters BMW were combined and mentioned, I'd be rich off this forum, and you know what? I'd run out and buy an M5

Happy posting....

Last edited by redline; 11-10-2005 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Hear hear redline ....

Rgds Steve.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Redline, your comments absolutely ignore krispy's posting history.

And his posting history, long before i ever started having fun with him, consisted of posting ridiculous, provocative statements intended to incite, in many cases either subjective opinions or unsubstantiated claims, and then attacking and insulting anyone who either disagreed with or challenged his claims, calling them "stupid', "moron", claiming they were uneducated, etc....

And most of these claims were anti-Mercedes, pro-BMW--IN A MERCEDES DISCUSSION FORUM.

This is beyond dispute. You can see literally dozens of examples of this by reading his posting history.

Look at the post he made a to start this thread: *after* his long history of assailing Mercedes and Mercedes owners, what does he do? He comes into a Mercedes forum, proclaims the M5 to be the best 4-door sedan on the planet, says the E55 absolutely, and totally lacks good handling ability.

One claim is a subjective, the other is demonstrably false, and both were clearly intended to start a flamefest. And let us not forget that that little concept known as "context": he has done this dozens of times before, always attacking anyone who disagress, usually in a very personal, derogatory fashion.

In other words, there is a history here, which either you do not know about or are totally ignoring.

So myself and others, after being flamed by him multiple times, decided that he richly deserved a bit of what he was dishing out. And so we gave it to him.

So much for micro. Let's look at macro: On any forum of any enthusiasts anywhere on the Internet, if you go in and blast whatever it is about which the people in the forum are enthusiasts, guess what?? They generally do not respond kindly to such actions, *and* if a person continues the actions for a period of months, or years, then people generally and correctly conclude that the person is there to pick fights, and (gasp, heaven forbid) actually treat the interloper with disdain.

This is called "human nature".

Go to a Washington Redskins forum and attack the Redskins and cheer the Dallas Cowboys and see the reception you get. Go to a BMW forum and attack BMW and praise Mercedes and see what sort of welcome mat gets rolled out for you. Go to a forum for Rolex watches and chat up Breitlings and see how fmany friends you make.

So please, spare us the sanctimony. We are human, and we are tired of this guy.

I will say this for krispy, though: I and many others are quite frankly enheartened at his newfound respect for the E55, made in another post. Perhaps he is turning over a new leaf, in which case I will be the first to stop taking jabs at him. As he has correctly observed, both of these are great cars, with different approaches to speed and driving experience.

All of us recognize this; it is the attacks we dislike.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Oh, I think most of it is in good fun. Look, this is a forum for opinions and that's exactly what you get. Certainly I value some opinions over others. Anybody I don't like, I can ignore. But it's the variety of opinions that makes the forum both entertaining and informative. As far as "mashed potatoes," I think Improviz has provided a definite service. He's given me helpful information to decide how I'll regard mashimaro's "opinions."
Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
It is in good fun for the most part. Its our way of discrediting the trolls that come here and spew all their BS about MB sucking and BMW ruling. Their purpose is to incite wars and I for one really enjoy seeing them put in their place. The next time you come across a thread like this, it might be wise to look into the posting history of whomever is catching flak, you might be surprised and then maybe you'll understand our point of view.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:23 PM

none
Originally Posted by krispykrme
Just got back from Oregon with My M5.

Wow! This is by far the best 4 door sedan there is. Simple as that.

Ummm but its ugly as ****.. I laugh everytime I see a new 5 series.. The BMW dealers must have great sales people, anyone that could sell a car that f-ucking ugly deserves a medal!

I dont doubt that the M5 is a great car.... but its ugly and no matter how GREAT it is you cant change the ****ty looks.

Why make a post about how the M5 is better than the E55 on a Mercedes forum? Why is it there are so many BMW trolls in this forum?
Ive never met a M3 or M5 owner I liked, all they seem to worry about is how much better their car is over a Benz.
Im happy for you, now take your ugly b i t ch over to the BMW forum.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by krispykrme
0-100 or 30-100 i don't think it matters. E55 should win. Not by much, but it should win.

Simple fact is that you can drive E55 to its straight line potential much easier.

M5 driver has to be on top of its game to be able to come close to that.

Put it this way. If you make a mistake in the M5, the E55 will pass you by quiet easily. M5's engine really lacks low end sub 4k RPM. Even in P500 mode, the low end kick is not really there.

Without launch control to allow you to dump the clutch at 4k near M5's sweet spot, it would be impossible to win. I think Derekfsu will tell you that as well.

E55 has too much low end torque for M5 to overcome.

I just spent last two hours putting another 200 miles on the car. So i only have about 200 more to go before the 1200 miles break-in is up.

My E55 is also just back from shop. So probably in about 2 weeks time, I will try to get both car on to the track. By that time the LC should be enabled on the M5. That should make it more interesting.

Base on current experience thus far, at dead stop or roll. If my m5 is not close to the sweet spot, I have no shot what so ever in winning a 0-100 or 30-100 run with my E55. But above that its all M5. M5 pulls really really hard after 100+. The top end power never seems to end on the M5.

not to jump on the bashing, but if you spent 2 hours and went 200 miles, wouldnt that be outside of the "break in?"
Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 PM

2008 S63
Originally Posted by xraymd
Oh, I think most of it is in good fun. Look, this is a forum for opinions and that's exactly what you get. Certainly I value some opinions over others. Anybody I don't like, I can ignore. But it's the variety of opinions that makes the forum both entertaining and informative. As far as "mashed potatoes," I think Improviz has provided a definite service. He's given me helpful information to decide how I'll regard mashimaro's "opinions."
Interesting. I agree, this is a forum for opinions. But then you go and talk about how you need Improviz to help you in forming your own. What a great service he has done. And really, thats all this thread is about: a game of follow the leader with some obscure posts stuck somwhere in between about how ugly the car is.

Improviz:

The first 6 or 7 posts were going fine until you were the one who initiated the huge debater. Either somebody is paying you to say this suff about MB, or your ego just got butt-hurt, and I believe it to be the ladder. You continue to be personally offended by this guy's opinions (as well as many other posters according to your "post history", one of your favorite tools). All in all, I really don't understsand what you get out of this. All the time youspent doing the research, typing the replys, etc you could have been out driving your AMG. Hell if I had one, I wouldn't give a damn what anybody on and online forum said, I'd be out enjoying it!!

I do, however, want to extend to you a sincere "congrats" for graciously donating your time, and leading these people to form "correct" opinions regarding this member, his physical weight and which gas stations he stops at, these are very important factors to consider when debating which sedan performs better. You have truely led this group of minions in exercising their crude and comic "talents" and abilities in posting pictures of fat people, as well as using different colored fonts and sizes when posting. The illustrations have really helped me form my own opinion (I know, a very rare thing on this forum) as to which is obviously a ****ty car. Once again, congrats, you are a hero in all the people's hearts who can't think for themselves Of all the people on this forum who can't keep their e-**** in their pants, your at least the most rational one.

To everone else: Remember, if you EVER say anything bad about Mercedes-Benz and their cars, expect pages of this user's always correct responses. Be prepared to change your opinions immediately in favor of your leader.

MB is #1 and always has and always will make the best cars avalible no mater what the number say

Last edited by redline; 11-10-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow, so facts don't help an argument?
Improviz is simply pointing out that one members opinion might be strongly biased agianst Mercedes.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:13 PM

2008 S63
Facts most certainly do help. I'm sure he is biased. But being biased is an individual opinion. The argument I am bringing to the table is regarding the value of his opinion. You all must highly value his opinion if your willing to dignify it with 2 pages of responses (and no, valuing doesn't always mean agreeing).

All I'm trying to figure out is why all the threads on this forum in particular turn into rants against an individual? If you wanted to talk facts Ricky, then why don't you compare the numbers: E55 v M5... that should settle things. Anything else is just an opinion... take it with a grain of salt, not 2 pages of personal rants at an attempt to justify the money you spent on your car.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by redline
Facts most certainly do help. I'm sure he is biased. But being biased is an individual opinion. The argument I am bringing to the table is regarding the value of his opinion. You all must highly value his opinion if your willing to dignify it with 2 pages of responses (and no, valuing doesn't always mean agreeing).

All I'm trying to figure out is why all the threads on this forum in particular turn into rants against an individual? If you wanted to talk facts Ricky, then why don't you compare the numbers: E55 v M5... that should settle things. Anything else is just an opinion... take it with a grain of salt, not 2 pages of personal rants at an attempt to justify the money you spent on your car.

You obviously havent found the search button yet, because if you had, you wouldnt be suggesting yet another comparison of the M5 vs the E55!! There are more than I can count. And seeing as you havent found it, I guess I wouldnt expect you to be familiar with anyones posting history let alone KK's either. By the way, the Search Button, is on the upper right hand side of the page.

And why are you talking about people being biased towards Mercedes, look where you are for **** sake! This is a Mercedes Forum. Not everyone here is, but a lot are and as such, they have chosen MBWorld and not M5Board etc. I see nothing wrong with having a preference and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, after all, thats what makes Forums interesting! If you have such poor feelings for the discussions that take place here, find another Forum.

I dont know how long you have been perusing this Forum but I assume its not that long. If you spent a lot of time here, you would be more familiar with some of the established trolls and what they are all about. When these particular users come on here and do what they do time and time again, you start to see why fellow enthusiasts such as Improviz are held in high regards by some of us. Trolls arent necessarily stupid and sometimes a person with good debate skills is required to put them in their place.

This is of course my opinion and you are perfectly welcome to disagree, thats what makes for interesting discussion!

Last edited by VelocitE55; 11-10-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Wow redline, you sure seem worked up about this. For the record, I respect KK. I thought he was a little overboard the way he praised the M5 and bashed the E before the M5 was even available. But I've found new found respect for him after reading his posts about his experience with the BMW. Heck, I even respect him for ignoring the rants of Improviz. And as far as "mashed potatoes," I don't have the time to read all sections of MBworld. It's nice to hear if somebody has been posing elsewhere on the boards. I don't need to waste time with them. You feel I'm being told how to think? Did YOU check out "mashed potatoe's" posts? It seems to me you might be a little quick to form opinions your self.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by redline

2 pages of personal rates are directed to an unpopular individual who clearly does not belong here.

I think it's unrealistic to believe one can be objective in these discussions. Do you honestly believe a few road tests and measurements will 'settle things'? Please don't be childish, 'facts' will not help in settling these discussions.

Just like you question why others question and mock certain rude and out-of-place individuals, you become a target as many will also find your post silly and irrelevant. This never ends.

If you are a Muslim, you will make more friends chatting with folks with similar beliefs. If you're a Christian, you go to church hanging out with other Christians. It is pointless for a Buddhist to preach in a Muslim temple or vice versa.

We come here to share our passion for Mercedes, nothing more, nothing less. If you come here to ridcule the common passion, you will naturally not be welcomed. Many understand this but many with lower EQ obviously do not.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:46 PM

2008 S63
Originally Posted by W210
2 pages of personal rates are directed to an unpopular individual who clearly does not belong here.

I think it's unrealistic to believe one can be objective in these discussions. Do you honestly believe a few road tests and measurements will 'settle things'? Please don't be childish, 'facts' will not help in settling these discussions.
Childish... please. Review other's comments in this thread and tell me who's being childish. Commenting on restaurants in the background, how 'fat' the poster is, where he fuels up, etc.... childish indeed. Your right, facts may not help this argument since its geared towards individual hatred, not which is the better car.

Just like you question why others question and mock certain rude and out-of-place individuals, you become a target as many will also find your post silly and irrelevant. This never ends.
Ovbiously I'm going to become a target, anybody who likes BMW's always is on this fourm.

If you are a Muslim, you will make more friends chatting with folks with similar beliefs. If you're a Christian, you go to church hanging out with other Christians. It is pointless for a Buddhist to preach in a Muslim temple or vice versa.
Apparently it isn't acceptable to offer insight to single minded people who refuse to take things with a grain of salt.

We come here to share our passion for Mercedes, nothing more, nothing less. If you come here to ridcule the common passion, you will naturally not be welcomed. Many understand this but many with lower EQ obviously do not.
I don't come here to ridcule anybodys 'passion'. I have a passion for Mercedes as well, but I can appreciate somebody's opinion and views. Sure he came off with some very blunt statements, but does it require 2 full pages of rebuttles?! Honestly, If I were a moderator, I'd have closed this thread long ago because 1. As you say, there have been tons of M5 vs E55 threads, and 2. Because if people really wanted to go debate about useless BS there is always at least one of these types of threads in another section of this forum.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:49 PM

2008 S63
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
This is of course my opinion and you are perfectly welcome to disagree, thats what makes for interesting discussion!
Thanks for your opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 635 mile trip in my M5