Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 635 mile trip in my M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Well, I'm getting my M5 in about a week or so...arrives in the US on the 4th Nov., and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED my E55.

I'll let you guys know when I get my car. Everyone will know without driving it - M5 will handle far better than E55, M5's interior is uggly, exterior too...I'll try to compare the other subjects.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Ahhh.... finally it came out. So if I see an M5 around, I'd assume it's yours!!!

As far as how M5 is compared to E55... I wouldn't be surprised if overall it's better than E55. Like Jakpro1 said, M just beat a 3+-year-old technology. It should.... o/w it's a stupid move made by BMW.

I also think M has always outshined and will always outshine AMG in handling department (if someday M loses, it would be a big huge gigantic ball dropped). No doubt.... I even felt my '02 540i sport had a better handling than my '01 E55 or even '03 E55 I had. I didn't feel nose-heavy w/ BMW. So nothing new if you say M5 has better handling.

We'll see when AMG goes N/A again w/ 6.3L engine. It should have more comparable engine characteristics as E60 M5. And I'm almost definite that the new E63 would once again outshine M except in handling department (heck, it should.... by that time E60 M5 will have been out by at least 1-2 yrs.). And the wheel rotates... until another new M5 comes out.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
I swear if I could post my own thoughts without Improviz twisting it in his demonic ways to make me seem stupid, I'd do it-- but, that Improviz guy, sheez!

No seriously, I dislike the new BMW, and I love the E55. Yes, I've owned the E55, no, I haven't the BMW, nor do I plan to. However, we musn't discredit someone who posted his thoughts that the BMW is far superior to the Mercedes. And, on that same note, perhaps it's best if that post wasn't made here, but elsewhere, like the BM forums. Regardless, we should move on. Improviz, your points been made-- I disagree however, I'm sure he meant not to be a troll, but just to put his .02 cents in the infamous E55 vs. M5 battle. JUST because his opinion did not match yours shouldn't mean he is trolling.

Anyhow, I hate the M5, KrispyKreme, I'm sorry you had to endure this everlasting hate from MBWorlds finest, rest assured you'll find a better place-- like the BM forums.

BUT...

Just for everyones information, when the new E63 AMG tears into the road whenever it's scheduled top be released, KK, you must purchase it, and go and tell everyone at the BM forums how crappy the M5 is, and how the E63 outshines it in every category, so we can see their reaction.

Improviz, I know you've been asked this a million times, and even once by myself I believe, but I'm growing old, lol, and I've seemed to forget-- are you a professional liar-- I mean laywer?
Old 10-31-2005, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Crispy,

Which car felt faster from 0-100, 30-100? I know the M will pull harder for sure > 100mph but curious as to your thoughts and butt dyno :-)

Nice car!
Old 10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Lexani
I disagree however, I'm sure he meant not to be a troll, but just to put his .02 cents in the infamous E55 vs. M5 battle. JUST because his opinion did not match yours shouldn't mean he is trolling.
Two points:

1) although I'm perhaps making more noise (or being more verbose) than others who are complaining about his posts, the fact is that this thread has numerous others in it who agree that he is here to troll, namely because they're aware of the issue I'll raise in point 2, but I am hardly alone in this opinion, and you can find many others expressing the same opinion in other posts of his in which I have not even participated;

2) I am not making this claim based solely upon this lone post, but upon the basis of reading dozens of his posts. You too can do this by simply clicking on his posting handle, which appears in each and every post he's made, for his profile, then clicking on the nice link which says "find all posts by...". Spend some time reading his posts, and see if you don't begin to see a pattern.

Originally Posted by Lexai
Just for everyones information, when the new E63 AMG tears into the road whenever it's scheduled top be released, KK, you must purchase it, and go and tell everyone at the BM forums how crappy the M5 is, and how the E63 outshines it in every category, so we can see their reaction.
Thwack!! This, my friend, is the sound of the hammer hitting the nail squarely on the head. I invite anyone here who thinks our reactions are harsh to go to m5board.com, or roadfly.com, and do the following:

Examine krispy's posting history, as detailed above. Then, simply copy, verbatim, some of his choicer examples word for word, with one exception: reverse "M5" and "E55", and post them there. Or, go over there and post the video which was posted here of a C32 beating an M3, or post a kill story of a Mercedes beating a BMW, etc...and then, if anyone complains, be sure to berate them, to call them stupid and other names, and oh, yes, be sure to tell them how unreliable their cars are, and how much better you think yours is.

Then, please come back here and report on the cheerful, warm, loving reception you get. Don't be shy; do it...because I find the complaints that we are somehow far more egregious in this regard to be patently false and silly, as anyone who has spent more than one minute perusing those forums can attest.

Do it, now please....we shall be anxiously awaiting your response.

Improviz, I know you've been asked this a million times, and even once by myself I believe, but I'm growing old, lol, and I've seemed to forget-- are you a professional liar-- I mean laywer?
Lol....no, just a very observant bystander with a gift for detail and the facts, and one who does not appreciate the constant barrage of anti-Mercedes propaganda by BMW fans' little free negative advertising campaign being waged here....as someone already posted, you don't see us pulling this junk in the BMW forums; why do they do it here??
Old 10-31-2005, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
What truly twisted logic...so, from your perspective, only the people who attack the anti-Mercedes, pro-BMW trolls are the bad guys, while the people who attack Mercedes and its owners are the good guys.

How dare I defend Mercedes in a Mercedes forum! What was I thinking??

hmmm...you defend Mercedes in a Mercedes forum and got complaints from Mercedes owners? Ya...what are you thinking?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Another BMW troll joins the dogpile....

Originally Posted by MikeHK
hmmm...you defend Mercedes in a Mercedes forum and got complaints from Mercedes owners? Ya...what are you thinking?
Hmmmm, I also got a number of supportive comments, which in fact outnumber the negatives, but of course as is your custom, you ignore this and only attack the pro-Mercedes crowd.

Hey, I've got an idea: as I've noted previously after examining your posting history, you're obviously a big BMW fan and just as obviously not a big Mercedes fan, so why don't you try my little experiment: go to m5board.com or one of the roadfly.com M forums, copy krispy's thread in its entirety, and post it there, with one change: substitute the word "E55" wherever you see "M5" in his post, and vice versa.

Then, allow people to reply, and come back here and give us the link to your post, so that you can show us how unhospitable we are to trolling compared to the warm, generous, entirely-open-to-trolls-and-criticism-of-their-cars BMW fans.

What are you waiting for? This is your chance to establish how awful we all are. Please establish, once and for all, that we are the only car enthusiasts out there who respond to trolling and attacks upon their cars. Since you seem to feel that a post like krispy's over there would elicit not a peep of protest from the BMW owners who frequent the BMW forums, this is a great opportunity for you to test your theory.

Oh, and while you're at it: I'm certain that you frequent BMW boards as well, yes? And that you've seen similar responses to BMW owners on those boards to posts about other brands, even AMGs, on those boards, yes? And I'm certain that, given the frequency of your complaining about my making such responses here, you've also complained with equal frequency there, right?

And since you are such an honest, unbiased, fair-minded individual, I'm certain that you would have absolutely difficulty wtih providing me a link to a post of of your criticizing BMW owners for responding to trolls in a BMW forum. So could you please provide one? Or, perhaps you use the same handle over there? If so, do let me know; I'm sure I can find numerous examples of your dealing most severely with BMW owners who criticize trolls in their forums and save you the effort.

Right?

I'm waiting....

Last edited by Improviz; 10-31-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:57 PM

Hmmmm, I also got a number of supportive comments, which in fact outnumber the negatives, but of course as is your custom, you ignore this and only attack the pro-Mercedes crowd.

Hey, I've got an idea: as I've noted previously after examining your posting history, you're obviously a big BMW fan and just as obviously not a big Mercedes fan, so why don't you try my little experiment: go to m5board.com or one of the roadfly.com M forums, copy krispy's thread in its entirety, and post it there, with one change: substitute the word "E55" wherever you see "M5" in his post, and vice versa.

Then, allow people to reply, and come back here and give us the link to your post, so that you can show us how unhospitable we are to trolling compared to the warm, generous, entirely-open-to-trolls-and-criticism-of-their-cars BMW fans.

What are you waiting for? This is your chance to establish how awful we all are. Please establish, once and for all, that we are the only car enthusiasts out there who respond to trolling and attacks upon their cars. Since you seem to feel that a post like krispy's over there would elicit not a peep of protest from the BMW owners who frequent the BMW forums, this is a great opportunity for you to test your theory.

Oh, and while you're at it: I'm certain that you frequent BMW boards as well, yes? And that you've seen similar responses to BMW owners on those boards to posts about other brands, even AMGs, on those boards, yes? And I'm certain that, given the frequency of your complaining about my making such responses here, you've also complained with equal frequency there, right?

And since you are such an honest, unbiased, fair-minded individual, I'm certain that you would have absolutely difficulty wtih providing me a link to a post of of your criticizing BMW owners for responding to trolls in a BMW forum. So could you please provide one? Or, perhaps you use the same handle over there? If so, do let me know; I'm sure I can find numerous examples of your dealing most severely with BMW owners who criticize trolls in their forums and save you the effort.

Right?

I'm waiting....

Hmm....I do visit M5board.com often and I do see Pro-Mercedes and Anti-BMW poster there. It is obvious that there are lack of people like you over there who would fight like there is no tomorrow to defend an stupid like/dislike statement which is 100% based on personal perference.

I for one claimed numerous times here on this board, I pefer the look of the E55 but I would pick the M5 because of the over package. Cripsy has a E55 and dislike it with given reasons. He likes the M5 due to his personal perference. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

Visit M5board and you would find those M5 owners or M5 fans often brings up problems or issues, pros or cons bout the M5, discuss in a way more mature manner without stupid name calling like you and your followers always do... Sometimes you should really think why you have been asked about your age so many times by numerous members...
Old 10-31-2005, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmm....I do visit M5board.com often and I do see Pro-Mercedes and Anti-BMW poster there. It is obvious that there are lack of people like you over there who would fight like there is no tomorrow to defend an stupid like/dislike statement which is 100% based on personal perference.
It just so happens that statement is:

In short: "E55 sucks."

KK put no pros on the E55 except it has a trunk-ish thing. Crap. Dont expect to be able to trample on a vehicle in its own territory. Its also, as I've realized, extended far beyond the simple E55-bashing comments he's made-- but to the way he reacted to others reactions to his comments. Why is it if I were to disagree with you, I become stupid? How is me sticking up for a different vehicle brand than what you believe in punitive and/or wrong?

Or why is it, in order for my statement to be valid, my own vehicle comes into question?

So...

Using KK's logic, my statements are far superior to anyone elses, therefor:

M5 SUCKS!

You musn't doubt me, I for one, drive an SL600. 2, actually.

I for one claimed numerous times here on this board, I pefer the look of the E55 but I would pick the M5 because of the over package. Cripsy has a E55 and dislike it with given reasons. He likes the M5 due to his personal perference. And I don't see anything wrong with that.
Neither does anyone here, but I do see something wrong with this.

So... just because Improviz points out something thats not to KKs favor, he is suddenly a troll and has no credit due to his vehicle? Yeah, right. I can almost hear myself shouting "M5" sucks at the of my lungs trying to see if anyone gives a ****. They should... I do drive a SL600. Infact, I drive 2 SL600s... among others. As I've stated already...

Visit M5board and you would find those M5 owners or M5 fans often brings up problems or issues, pros or cons bout the M5, discuss in a way more mature manner without stupid name calling like you and your followers always do... Sometimes you should really think why you have been asked about your age so many times by numerous members...
Oh! This is far too amusing!

So, KK is allowed to call Improviz a "troll', YET if Improviz strikes back, KK suddenly becomes the victim!? WTF???

I clearly am not on the same page as you...
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Absolute, total bull****, which just goes to show that in addition to being a fool and a troll, you are also a liar. My beef with fatso, which any idiot could see (OK, almost any idiot, since you are obviously too stupid to grasp it) is that he uses this board as a sounding board to insult Mercedes and their owners.

Which is fine with you.

But when myself and others complain about it, it is not fine with you.

Which shows that you are biased.

I again invite you: post a single instance of you, ever, chastising any member of any BMW board for complaining about someone trolling.

I don't see anything wrong with that either, idiot; what I see wrong is his writing ridiculous bull**** like this:
Originally Posted by fat pig face who you are brown-nosing
excellent handling capability is also a must. This is something that is utterly lacking in the E55.
Cars which are "utterly lacking" in good handling ability do not lap Hockenheim in 1'18". Which you would know if you knew anything about cars, and would thus recognize this as an untrue, intentionally insulting statement. It is not his OPNION that bothers me, it is his BEHAVIOR.

Are you really too stupid to comprehend this? This is not rocket science...

But you are not here for honest discussion; you, as he, are here to attack Mercedes and defend attackers of Mercedes. Period. You have no objectivity, and no credibility. In every instance where a BMW owner trolls and we attack him, you defend him and attack us. You are a tool and a troll, a piece of ****, nothing more. I invite people to look at your posting history: time and time and time again you spring to the defense of BMW (and BMW trolls), and in fact just in observing the first series of posts in your history, what do we see:

- three posts attacking me for going after BMW trolls;

- a post in favor of the BMW X5 in which you took a cheap shot at AMG;

- a post where you brag about the M5's track capabilities;

- posts from a thread into which you (and lardass)interjected yourself and took cheap shots at AMG owners for actually liking their cars;

- posts from a different thread into which you interjected yourself, and, again, took cheap shots at AMG owners for actually liking their cars and daring to compare them to your beloved M5;

- a post where you advise people who want a good-handling car with space and acceleration to buy an M5;

- a post where you attack the appearance of Mercedes;

- another post where you attack the appearance of Mercedes;

- a post where you compare the appearance of the CLS to an Acura;

- a post in which you wax poetic about the beauty of the Z4;

- a post in which you claim an E55 is "ugly";

- several more posts, like this one, where you defend the M5 and put down the AMGs;

- a post where you tell the owner of a C55 that he should have purchased an M3;

- a post where you wrote about how great it was that an M5 pulled an Audi RS6;

- a post where you wrote that "engine wise, chassis wise, and handling wise, BMW is on top";

- a post where you put down the C Class' handling and talk up the BMW 3 Series;

- a post where you claim that BMW's 3 Series sales figures are better than those of the C Class;

...and so on, and so on, and so on, for well over 100 posts....basically all that you have done since you arrived here is interject yourself into any Mercedes-vs-BMW thread you can find and post derogatory material about Mercedes, favorable material about BMW, and attack anyone who goes after any BMW troll or (gasp) exhibits more enthusiasm for Mercedes AMG cars than BMW M cars. You have started no threads, only entered into those involving BMW, on the side of BMW, against Mercedes. You have contributed absolutely nothing to this forum other than snide remarks and plugs for BMW.

So much for your objectivity or credibility. Just another troll, nothing more.

Visit M5board and you would find those M5 owners or M5 fans often brings up problems or issues, pros or cons bout the M5, discuss in a way more mature manner without stupid name calling like you and your followers always do...
Perhaps that might be because gustav swiftly shuts trolls like you down. I again invite you to post krispy's thread over there with M5 and E55 swapped, and see how mature the responses are.

Sometimes you should really think why you have been asked about your age so many times by numerous members...
Ad homenim from the likes of you doesn't concern me one bit; your agenda is exposed, and personal attacks are just one more arrow in your quiver. You are here for a reason, and the reason is crystal clear.

Last edited by Improviz; 11-01-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

:v Oh yeah!

Whose up for round two!?

Last edited by Lexani; 10-31-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

BMW SUCKS! BITE ME!

My, oh my, maybe its just me, but uh... the M5 looks to be behind the E55, don't you guys think?

I agree! Behind for sure, no excuses, no tricks that the light is playing, no nothing, M5 lost that round!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:06 AM

N/A
Improviz,

couldn't agree with you more

KK is a TROLL

all of his previous posts could be summarize as:
(for those who don't want to waste their time reading)

"M5 is god, (all) E55 sucks, people who don't agree with me go get f%@ked"

my 2 cents
Old 11-01-2005, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VelocitE55
I agree! Behind for sure, no excuses, no tricks that the light is playing, no nothing, M5 lost that round!
LOL! Yup!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:29 AM

BMW have dropped the ball by not having a self closing trunk.

You really are a car enthusiest aren't you.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by athlon70
BMW have dropped the ball by not having a self closing trunk.

You really are a car enthusiest aren't you.
No question about it-- I personally didn't like the E55s lack of "buttons" near the door handle incase I forget my key. Stupid car.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:20 AM

04 E55
Yeah...hope that thing has a sturdy frame!! They do have runflats, don't they??

"I'd waddle a mile for my M!!! And for donuts, pastries, cake, cookies..."

You amuses me. For someone that owns neither E55 nor M5 to talk **** is amazing.

I don't care being fat. The fact of matter is that I can drive either E55 or M5 and make a comparison about it. All you can do is sitting infront of a screen and knock yourself out simple as that.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:30 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by e55 baller
Crispy,

Which car felt faster from 0-100, 30-100? I know the M will pull harder for sure > 100mph but curious as to your thoughts and butt dyno :-)

Nice car!
0-100 or 30-100 i don't think it matters. E55 should win. Not by much, but it should win.

Simple fact is that you can drive E55 to its straight line potential much easier.

M5 driver has to be on top of its game to be able to come close to that.

Put it this way. If you make a mistake in the M5, the E55 will pass you by quiet easily. M5's engine really lacks low end sub 4k RPM. Even in P500 mode, the low end kick is not really there.

Without launch control to allow you to dump the clutch at 4k near M5's sweet spot, it would be impossible to win. I think Derekfsu will tell you that as well.

E55 has too much low end torque for M5 to overcome.

I just spent last two hours putting another 200 miles on the car. So i only have about 200 more to go before the 1200 miles break-in is up.

My E55 is also just back from shop. So probably in about 2 weeks time, I will try to get both car on to the track. By that time the LC should be enabled on the M5. That should make it more interesting.

Base on current experience thus far, at dead stop or roll. If my m5 is not close to the sweet spot, I have no shot what so ever in winning a 0-100 or 30-100 run with my E55. But above that its all M5. M5 pulls really really hard after 100+. The top end power never seems to end on the M5.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:36 AM

'04 E500
damn that's gorgeous...
nice color too!

did you pay MSRP or was there a markup? why purchase in Oregon, when I'm sure there should be a vast # of cars available in So. & No. Cal?

-=PCH=-
Old 11-05-2005, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
did you pay MSRP or was there a markup? why purchase in Oregon, when I'm sure there should be a vast # of cars available in So. & No. Cal?
Oregon has no sales tax.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by krispykrme
You amuses me. For someone that owns neither E55 nor M5 to talk **** is amazing.

I don't care being fat. The fact of matter is that I can drive either E55 or M5 and make a comparison about it. All you can do is sitting infront of a screen and knock yourself out simple as that.
Again, just as before when you falsely claimed that I do not have the educational background to analyze and deal with statistics, you now falsely claim that I can't afford the cars you drive. And, just as before, unless you can produce either my college transcript or my W2, you are again exposed as a liar, and a big, fat one at that.

And what I am commenting on is your trolling and rude, jerkish behavior to the other members on this board. You are a rude jerk, and a hypocrite on top of that, so in your parlance: suck it, fatty.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:37 AM

And what I am commenting on is your trolling and rude, jerkish behavior to the other members on this board. You are a rude jerk, and a hypocrite on top of that, so in your parlance: suck it, fatty.
But wasnt it you that started the whole "rude" thing? He was never rude before you posted in this thread. Just check out the first 7 posts. Your being rude right now... Your rude towards other members on this board. Your calling him names and still critize him. Which, I guess, would make you a hypocrite? Practice what you preach, brother.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:37 AM
mashimaro1985

=) he has one point right though! e55 doesnt handle as well as the m5 period.

but other then that factor ^^ the e55 out shines m5 in every other way. COZ THE M5 LOOKS LIKE LIKE ****
Old 11-06-2005, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mardeth
But wasnt it you that started the whole "rude" thing? He was never rude before you posted in this thread. Just check out the first 7 posts.
I did. Dude, get real...I mean, the guy comes into a Mercedes E55 forum filled with Mercedes E55 enthusiasts, and states that the car "utterly lacks" good handling ability, and you're going to argue that this is the epitome of good manners and proper decorum?? Particularly in light of his last statements???

Either you are totally ignorant of his posting history here, or are being entirely one-sided, I'm not sure which...if it's the former, I'd recommend you have a look at it, while if it's the latter, you're being mighty hypocritical.

Originally Posted by Mardeth
Your being rude right now... Your rude towards other members on this board. Your calling him names and still critize him. Which, I guess, would make you a hypocrite? Practice what you preach, brother.
I guess if you see a moral equivalency between hitting someone first without provocation and hitting that person back, well, then, that's your opinion.

But in the opinion of a lot of people here, krispy has long ago worn out his welcome through his anti-Mercedes, pro-BMW rants, along with his penchant for insulting and personally attacking anyone who disagrees with him or challenges his idiotic assertions.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Received 519 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
But in the opinion of a lot of people here, krispy has long ago worn out his welcome through his anti-Mercedes, pro-BMW rants, along with his penchant for insulting and personally attacking anyone who disagrees with him or challenges his idiotic assertions.
No, I have to disagree!!! Krispy has changed his ways. He now truly appreciates the E55.
Rekindled Love

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 635 mile trip in my M5