W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gustav the hypocrite:

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by vixapphire
should i open my arms or bend over?
LOL!

Originally Posted by vixapphire
hey, i've been meaning to ask you: are the two c class cars in your signature lowered or something? they look incredible.
Yes the silver one has H&R springs and the black one has eibach springs. Thanx!
Old 12-10-2005, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Treynor at it!

I would'nt take it so personnal Improv because here goes Treynor!

The AMG vs M dispute will never end. (pretty humorous) http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=451922

I definitely don't agree with Gustav banning people though unless it's for a clear breaking of the rules. Some forums are obviously more tolerant than others I guess because here is Bimmerforums!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 12-10-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
I love how these guys keep slamming AMG for "having" to use forced induction when the E and CLS NA 6.3 with the 7G Tronic are mere months away which, in all likelyhood, will rip the crown right back off the M5's head.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VelocitE55
I love how these guys keep slamming AMG for "having" to use forced induction when the E and CLS NA 6.3 with the 7G Tronic are mere months away which, in all likelyhood, will rip the crown right back off the M5's head.
Like I said! We'll see! The M5 is a dangerous car top end!
Old 12-11-2005, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
Like I said! We'll see! The M5 is a dangerous car top end!
Well, the new 6.3L V8 is the world's most powerful *naturally aspirated* V8...check this out:

Note that this new engine:
- produces 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) at 2,000 rpm;
- produces peak torque of 630 Nm (445 lb-ft) at its peak of 5,200 rpm;
- produces 534 Nm (394 lb-ft) at its horsepower peak of 6,800 rpm;

Meaning that from just past 2,000 rpm until pretty much its redline, it's producing more torque than the M5's V10 produces at its peak. And this engine, unlike the supercharged versions, can be used with the new seven-speed automatic (the supercharged versions produce too much torque for the tranny to handle), so it will eliminate the M5's two-gear advantage.

In other words, this is a mother of an engine.

The following is from Germancarfans.com:
http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...ercedes/1.html

The World's Most Powerful Normally Aspirated Eight-Cylinder Engine Made by Mercedes-AMG

Mercedes-AMG has taken a completely new departure: the new AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine is the first in the world to combine the high-revving concept with a large displacement. Developed entirely by AMG, this high-performance engine has a displacement of 6.3 litres and generates an output of 375 kW/510 hp at 6800 rpm, plus a maximum torque of 630 Newton metres, which makes the new power pack by AMG the world’s most powerful naturally aspirated eight-cylinder production engine. Thanks to its large displacement, the V8 by AMG develops around 20 percent more torque than comparable naturally aspirated engines in this performance class.

Made completely from high-strength aluminium, this naturally aspirated V8 engine has a wealth of exciting features derived from motorsport, and impressively documents the successful motor racing history of AMG. Together with a variable intake manifold featuring two integral throttle flaps, the vertical arrangement of the intake and exhaust ducts ensures perfect cylinder charging. Bucket tappets in the cylinder heads allow a stiff valve train and therefore high engine speeds. Variable camshaft adjustment, a particularly rigid closed-deck crankcase and cylinder walls with a new, revolutionary LDS coating are further attributes of this ultra-modern V8 engine made by Mercedes-AMG.

The high expectations of AMG customers and the impressive history of AMG eight-cylinder engines were both an incentive and an obligation for the engineers and product planners at Mercedes-AMG GmbH to come up with a superlative new V8 power unit. A mere glance at the key technical data shows that this has been achieved: from a displacement of 6208 cubic centimetres, the AMG V8 aluminium engine develops a peak output 375 kW/510 hp at 6800 rpm and a maximum torque of 630 Newton metres which is available from 5200 rpm. The maximum engine speed is 7200 rpm.

Keys figures at a glance:

Displacement: 6208 cc

Bore/stroke: 102.2/94.6 mm

Compression ratio: 11.3 : 1

Output: 375 kW/510 hp at 6800 rpm

Max. torque: 630 Nm at 5200 rpm

This unique combination of a fast-running concept and a large displacement achieves the best of both worlds: exhilarating flexibility accompanied by high torque at low engine speeds. The driver experiences the decidedly sporty character of the engine in the form of great agility and dynamic responsiveness in all engine speed ranges. The new AMG V8 already delivers 500 Newton metres to the crankshaft at 2000 rpm, while the maximum of 630 Newton metres is on tap at 5200 rpm – more than any other naturally aspirated engine in this output and displacement class. In short, the new AMG eight-cylinder guarantees dynamic acceleration, rapid intermediate sprints and sheer driving pleasure at the highest level.

Completely autonomous development from Affalterbach

In design terms the new eight-cylinder engine by Mercedes-AMG is the first completely autonomous development to have no features or shared parts whatsoever in common with other eight-cylinder units by Mercedes-Benz. The new 6.3-litre unit differs from the other AMG V8 engines based on Mercedes designs in the distance between cylinders, the crankcase concept, the sophisticated intake and exhaust manifolds and the valve train; the bore/stroke ratio is also a completely new departure for Mercedes-AMG.

The new powerpack is produced at the ultra-modern AMG engine workshops, according to the "one man, one engine" philosophy. This means that a single technician assembles the complete engine by hand – as witness his signature on the engine’s AMG badge.

For more information visit: www.Mercedes-AMG.com
Old 12-11-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
Well, the new 6.3L V8 is the world's most powerful *naturally aspirated* V8...check this out:

Note that this new engine:
- produces 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) at 2,000 rpm;
- produces peak torque of 630 Nm (445 lb-ft) at its peak of 5,200 rpm;
- produces 534 Nm (394 lb-ft) at its horsepower peak of 6,800 rpm;

Meaning that from just past 2,000 rpm until pretty much its redline, it's producing more torque than the M5's V10 produces at its peak. And this engine, unlike the supercharged versions, can be used with the new seven-speed automatic (the supercharged versions produce too much torque for the tranny to handle), so it will eliminate the M5's two-gear advantage.

In other words, this is a mother of an engine.

The following is from Germancarfans.com:
http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...ercedes/1.html

The World's Most Powerful Normally Aspirated Eight-Cylinder Engine Made by Mercedes-AMG

Mercedes-AMG has taken a completely new departure: the new AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine is the first in the world to combine the high-revving concept with a large displacement. Developed entirely by AMG, this high-performance engine has a displacement of 6.3 litres and generates an output of 375 kW/510 hp at 6800 rpm, plus a maximum torque of 630 Newton metres, which makes the new power pack by AMG the world’s most powerful naturally aspirated eight-cylinder production engine. Thanks to its large displacement, the V8 by AMG develops around 20 percent more torque than comparable naturally aspirated engines in this performance class.

Made completely from high-strength aluminium, this naturally aspirated V8 engine has a wealth of exciting features derived from motorsport, and impressively documents the successful motor racing history of AMG. Together with a variable intake manifold featuring two integral throttle flaps, the vertical arrangement of the intake and exhaust ducts ensures perfect cylinder charging. Bucket tappets in the cylinder heads allow a stiff valve train and therefore high engine speeds. Variable camshaft adjustment, a particularly rigid closed-deck crankcase and cylinder walls with a new, revolutionary LDS coating are further attributes of this ultra-modern V8 engine made by Mercedes-AMG.

The high expectations of AMG customers and the impressive history of AMG eight-cylinder engines were both an incentive and an obligation for the engineers and product planners at Mercedes-AMG GmbH to come up with a superlative new V8 power unit. A mere glance at the key technical data shows that this has been achieved: from a displacement of 6208 cubic centimetres, the AMG V8 aluminium engine develops a peak output 375 kW/510 hp at 6800 rpm and a maximum torque of 630 Newton metres which is available from 5200 rpm. The maximum engine speed is 7200 rpm.

Keys figures at a glance:

Displacement: 6208 cc

Bore/stroke: 102.2/94.6 mm

Compression ratio: 11.3 : 1

Output: 375 kW/510 hp at 6800 rpm

Max. torque: 630 Nm at 5200 rpm

This unique combination of a fast-running concept and a large displacement achieves the best of both worlds: exhilarating flexibility accompanied by high torque at low engine speeds. The driver experiences the decidedly sporty character of the engine in the form of great agility and dynamic responsiveness in all engine speed ranges. The new AMG V8 already delivers 500 Newton metres to the crankshaft at 2000 rpm, while the maximum of 630 Newton metres is on tap at 5200 rpm – more than any other naturally aspirated engine in this output and displacement class. In short, the new AMG eight-cylinder guarantees dynamic acceleration, rapid intermediate sprints and sheer driving pleasure at the highest level.

Completely autonomous development from Affalterbach

In design terms the new eight-cylinder engine by Mercedes-AMG is the first completely autonomous development to have no features or shared parts whatsoever in common with other eight-cylinder units by Mercedes-Benz. The new 6.3-litre unit differs from the other AMG V8 engines based on Mercedes designs in the distance between cylinders, the crankcase concept, the sophisticated intake and exhaust manifolds and the valve train; the bore/stroke ratio is also a completely new departure for Mercedes-AMG.

The new powerpack is produced at the ultra-modern AMG engine workshops, according to the "one man, one engine" philosophy. This means that a single technician assembles the complete engine by hand – as witness his signature on the engine’s AMG badge.

For more information visit: www.Mercedes-AMG.com
There is no boubt that the new driveline will be a force to be reconded with but is there any info on whether the ratios have been changed slightly to suit this particular engine the last thing they want to do is just have 7 speeds for the sake of it.
I'm not convinced that it will be night and day faster than the m5 at speeds over 120 with that power output (below 120 definately). Past this speed the m5 probably has never goes less than 6500rpm or so so it will have 470-500hp on tap until it hits the limiter(off the top of my head) but the AMG may have 490-510hp (gearing data and power curve may/may not confirm this)leaving other factors such as weight,drag and efficiency etc as probably the deciding factor at these speeds. Why not 550hp and make it definitive?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by reggid
There is no boubt that the new driveline will be a force to be reconded with but is there any info on whether the ratios have been changed slightly to suit this particular engine the last thing they want to do is just have 7 speeds for the sake of it.
Well, it's a safe bet they will...you might try AMG's site for data; I'm too lazy to look it up and crunch the numbers for a change...

Originally Posted by reggid
I'm not convinced that it will be night and day faster than the m5 at speeds over 120 with that power output (below 120 definately). Past this speed the m5 probably has never goes less than 6500rpm or so so it will have 470-500hp on tap until it hits the limiter(off the top of my head) but the AMG may have 490-510hp (gearing data and power curve may/may not confirm this)leaving other factors such as weight,drag and efficiency etc as probably the deciding factor at these speeds. Why not 550hp and make it definitive?
It may not be night and day..I do believe that it will be faster, though...what kills me is the release of the M-Class with this motor first; what a crock....I'm anxiously awaiting new numbers for this engine, in a car!!!

I don't think there's anyone who would complain about 550, but they're probably leaving some room purposefully so that they can incrementally increase horsepower without having to do a total redesign...at 505 hp, it's at about 80 hp/liter, so they have room to squeeze some more out of it without killing themselves...probably marketing guys dictating this on there strategic roadmap, yaddayadaya...